Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Weather is definitely something that can hurt your performance, sometimes the fog or rain that rolls through with Frostfall will make it chug loading a new cell for a couple seconds. My PC runs solidly on medium settings, and ENB performance can vary pretty wildly. I really haven't found one I liked that ran well enough overall yet or I'd give you some recommendations. A lot of things like the HD texture pack really don't hurt much at all as long as I'm not using maxed out ranges for the detail fade on objects, grass, etc. Same goes for things like better glaciers, lush grass, better tree details, etc., as long as you keep the view distance reasonable, your PC can probably handle better quality textures.

SPERG requires SKSE and SkyUI, so you need to make sure you get everything you need. It's a huge improvement over vanilla though, since things like the skill tree progressions make way more sense and the skills you unlock tend to feel more relevant and useful, instead of just being a requirement for something further up the tree. Lockpicking might be the best example:

quote:

Automatic perks
Security (Novice) - Your lockpicking skill makes locks easier to pick.
Luck (Apprentice) - Find more gold in chests.
Seeker (Adept) - 50% greater chance of finding special treasure.
Locksmith (Expert) - Pick starts close to the lock opening position.
Unbreakable (Master) - Lockpicks never break.

Specialization perks
Bash Locks - You may attempt to open locked doors and containers by bashing them.
Inside Man - Allows access to inconspicuous chests placed outside of town jails. These are used for laundering stolen goods and paying discounted fines.
Adventurous Parry - Blocking with a torch is twice as effective.
Thief - Able to pick locks without being noticed. Carrying capacity is increased by 100.
Blinding Bash - Bashing opponents with a torch gives their attacks against you a 30% chance to become a glancing blow (10% damage) for 8 seconds.
Blazing Bash - Fire damage from your torch bash is significantly increased and may cause opponents to run in fear.
Dungeon Delver - Chaurus, skeevers, and spiders are friendly until attacked. Gain use of the Dungeon Sense lesser power.
Dungeon Sense - Dwemer Automatons are friendly until attacked. Grants 30% shock resistance and increases the variety of dwemer scrap metal that may be melted into ingots.

versus the original tree:

quote:

Novice Locks - Novice locks are much easier to pick.
Apprentice Locks - Apprentice locks are much easier to pick. - 25 Lockpicking
Quick Hands - Able to pick locks without being noticed. - 40 Lockpicking
Wax Key - Automatically gives you a copy of a picked lock's key if it has one. - 50 Lockpicking
Adept Locks - Adept locks are much easier to pick. - 50 Lockpicking
Expert Locks - Expert locks are much easier to pick. - 75 Lockpicking
Golden Touch - Find more gold in chests. - 60 Lockpicking
Treasure Hunter - 50% greater chance of finding special treasure. - 70 Lockpicking
Locksmith - Pick starts close to the lock opening position. - 80 Lockpicking
Unbreakable - Lockpicks never break. - 100 Lockpicking
Master Locks - Master locks are much easier to pick. - 100 Lockpicking

Every tree has been given that much attention and actually made different character approaches feel viable without necessarily relying on specific trees every time. But yeah, according to the nexus page, importing characters is possible! You might be more interesting in starting over just to experience how different it can make leveling though.

Monster mods kinda vary depending on what they're adding or changing, but probably wouldn't hurt your existing game. Just check the information provided on the mods description page to make sure everything is actually compatible. But yeah modding this game is a lot of trial and error, so using something like the NMM or other mod manager that isn't permanently changing your files can be pretty helpful. Also a good idea to get familiar with BOSS and TES5Edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Looks like NMM is going to be doing something similar to Mod Organizer by installing mods in NMMs directory rather than the Skyrim folder. If I'm understanding this right, it will be as if millions of Skyrim installations suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

This should be interesting.

Edit: So what's the most common cause of infinite load screens when loading from the main menu? I can load any game when I'm already inside the game itself, but some saves will not load from the main menu.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 12, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cerevisiae posted:

The warnings in the config I saw said not to put the VideoMemorySizeMb above the amount of VRAM you have and it was already set for the amount I have so I didn't mess with it. I guess I could try that out. I'd love to be able to play using ENB again.

Edit: Looking at it again, I probably misread it. Seems to be working fine so far with those settings.

Gyshall posted:

http://www.iparadigm.org/pages/pnenb/ENBoost.html Found this as well.

I just switched profiles to COT + ELFX + RealVision ENB. Going to see how sweet it is.

Just FYI - I switched from Phinix to RealVision ENB with the Ugrids 7 INI files linked on the RealVision page, and holy gently caress does Skyrim look great. I'm also running at a solid 60 FPS. I switched the DOF to Bokeh DOF since it looked retarded otherwise.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Alasyre posted:

Looks like NMM is going to be doing something similar to Mod Organizer by installing mods in NMMs directory rather than the Skyrim folder. If I'm understanding this right, it will be as if millions of Skyrim installations suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

This should be interesting.
Where did you read this?

NMM's been a poo poo-show since around v43.x anyway. For me, at least. They keep introducing bugs and rather than fixing them they just plow ahead with new features. Anything later than that throws exceptions about half the time I activate anything. This is over multiple installs and even since a fresh OS install a few months back. Fortunately, there isn't any reason to upgrade.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Kilroy posted:

Where did you read this?
First half is about the Nexus' server troubles, the second half is about NMM

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
From the sound of it I think their approach might be a bit different from MO. If they just use symlinks like they say, it should be transparent to pretty much everything else, and you won't need to use NMM to start Skyrim or any such foolishness. It's a good idea, although I'm sure it will take them several tries to get it right. At least they'll have to rewrite all the logic for loading mods into the tool, because all that poo poo is broken now anyway afaik.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
If it creates a virtual directory and lets you run third party installers and patchers without issue, then I might actually switch back. MO is a pain mostly because of lack of community support.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Alasyre posted:

MO is a pain mostly because of lack of community support.

Most incorrect post on these forums.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
How so? Most of the questions I've seen about MO relate to how to get SKSE plugins to run, how to install anything that runs outside of the Data directory, how to get SkyProc patchers to work, etc. I've only ever seen on mod installer that even acknowledges that MO exists. Most people default to NMM because it just the norm, since it's supported by the Nexus. If more modders would provide instructions and support for MO installations, more people would use it. Admittedly, MO probably doesn't make this easy.

If NMM can eventually do what MO does then it's win/win.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 12, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Have you even used Mod Organizer? You're just posting anecdotal nonsense. Skyproc patchers are added just like any other executable, Mod Organizer is compatible with NMM links, handles both BAIN and FOMOD/NMM installers, and doesn't even need to touch outside of the data directory (no mod manager does, as far as I can tell.)

If you want anecdotal, most people itt are using Mod Organizer without issue.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

How to use SKSE with MO:

1. Install SKSE to the Skyrim directory

2. Install any SKSE mod like you would anything else

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Have you even used Mod Organizer? You're just posting anecdotal nonsense. Skyproc patchers are added just like any other executable, Mod Organizer is compatible with NMM links, handles both BAIN and FOMOD/NMM installers, and doesn't even need to touch outside of the data directory (no mod manager does, as far as I can tell.)

If you want anecdotal, most people itt are using Mod Organizer without issue.

I'm currently using it without issue. I'm not speaking from my own experiences. It's definitely not "anecdotal nonsense" to say that MO isn't the easiest piece of software to use. Just because you and I know how to use something doesn't mean its an easy for the majority of the community to do. Running a SkyProc patcher as an executable only get you so far if you don't know that you need to move it out of the overwrite directory and replace it for each profile you run. Do you really think someone who isn't the smartest guy in the room wouldn't overlook this?

And no, I've seen a few people (myself included) have problems with using MO in this and the other threads. I've been modding Elder Scrolls games since Daggerfall, so it's not like I don't know my way around the tools, but that's not the case for most people. Chill the gently caress out.

epitasis posted:

How to use SKSE with MO:

1. Install SKSE to the Skyrim directory

2. Install any SKSE mod like you would anything else

Unless it's Elys Uncapper, or MenuQue, or any of the other mods that sometimes don't work with MO for reasons. People in this very thread are reporting that Elys Uncapper and SPERG have problems working together when run through MO.

Edit: For the record I have both of these working properly in their respective games.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 12, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Alasyre posted:

Just because you and I know how to use something doesn't mean its an easy for the majority of the community to do. Running a SkyProc patcher as an executable only get you so far if you don't know that you need to move it out of the overwrite directory and replace it for each profile you run. Do you really think someone who isn't the smartest guy in the room wouldn't overlook this?
I agree that MO could use some better documentation.
But on the other hand, it's not unreasonable to expect that an user uses his or her brain. I'm not a rocket scientist or some mensa ubermensch and, between google'ing and trying things out, I figured out how to use MO. It's not difficult.

What I see quite frequently are people who come across a problem, or don't know how to do something and instead of even so much as attempting to work the problem out by themselves, or go and search for information, they instead immediatly give up and post somewhere with the expectation that someone will spoonfeed them the answer.
People like that aren't an indication that MO is difficult to use. It just means people are stupid. Really stupid.

Alasyre posted:

Unless it's Elys Uncapper, or MenuQue, or any of the other mods that sometimes don't work with MO for reasons. People in this very thread are reporting that Elys Uncapper and SPERG have problems working together when run through MO.
The workaround for having a plugin not work right when you have the .ini and the .dll in seperate folders is having Sperg's .ini for uncapper in the same folder as uncapper's .dll. This is a solution people could have found if they searched around with google. Also I believe that issue will be fixed when the next version of MO rolls out of beta.

As for MenuQue. Isn't that an OBSE plugin? I haven't looked at Oblivion modding in ages, but I have seen reports where MO had trouble presenting the .dll of the plugin to the script extender. I haven't had that issue in Skyrim though.

Mortuus
Nov 8, 2012

Jesus loves you, useless corpse
I'm trying to use ENB for the first time with my new video card, but I'm having a problem, namely that characters are all missing eyebrows and have completely black eyes. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Raygereio posted:

I agree that MO could use some better documentation.
But on the other hand, it's not unreasonable to expect that an user uses his or her brain. I'm not a rocket scientist or some mensa ubermensch and, between google'ing and trying things out, I figured out how to use MO. It's not difficult.

What I see quite frequently are people who come across a problem, or don't know how to do something and instead of even so much as attempting to work the problem out by themselves, or go and search for information, they instead immediatly give up and post somewhere with the expectation that someone will spoonfeed them the answer.
People like that aren't an indication that MO is difficult to use. It just means people are stupid. Really stupid.

There's two extremes to the community. Those who can solve any problem, and those who can't solve any problems. Those in the middle can still have some difficulty with MO. My point was that if NMM can do something similar to MO, then it' a good thing, because it would mean a better mod manager with a larger support base. Yes, that would benefit the really stupid peons who want to enjoy Skyrim like the rest of us master modders. To me, that's great. I'm not sure I would use it, but I only use MO to keep my Skyrim install virgin, anyway.

I don't know where Gyshall got the idea that I thought MO was some impenetrable enigma.

Raygereio posted:

The workaround for having a plugin not work right when you have the .ini and the .dll in seperate folders is having Sperg's .ini for uncapper in the same folder as uncapper's .dll. This is a solution people could have found if they searched around with google. Also I believe that issue will be fixed when the next version of MO rolls out of beta.

As for MenuQue. Isn't that an OBSE plugin? I haven't looked at Oblivion modding in ages, but I have seen reports where MO had trouble presenting the .dll of the plugin to the script extender. I haven't had that issue in Skyrim though.

I'm familiar with how to fix it, and in fact provided that same solution to a user. But it did come up as a problem with MO, which is why I brought it up.

And yeah, MenuQue is for OBSE, but when I installed it on one Oblivion installation through MO, it refused to work. When I installed it on another Oblivion installtion, it worked like a charm. For some reason, one installation wasn't generating a necessary file. I'm just using that as an example of how modding can be weird and is by no means cut and dry, like Gyshall seems to think.

Edit: I'm starting a semi-vanilla game so I can slowly add mods back to pin down whatever's killing my saves. Does anyone know of a mod that adds Meridia's Beacon to the boss chest in Bleak Falls Barrow? The past few times (5 or 6 at least) I've been there with my normal mod collection, its been there, but with all those mods stripped out, its not. I know it's normally placed randomly, but it seems odd that it would be there so regularly.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 12, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been modding Bethesda games since Morrowind, I 100% realize how horrible and awful of an experience it is/can be. Your original post that MO doesn't have community support is wrong, and was what I was pointing out. No need to write up huge posts about this, lets just keep talking about modding this game for fucks sake. :spergin:

futile posted:

So today I discovered something that made me pretty happy.

A modder has remade the amazing Complete Crafting Overhaul mod. He hasn't fully released it yet, but it can be downloaded from this page. This is the same dude who made Timing is Everything, The Choice is Yours, Trade and Barter, Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade, etc. He's a wonderful modder, so the quality should be nothing short of amazing.

It is a "preview" version, but he has stated that it is fully functional and working in its current version, he just plans to add some more features before a full release. The mod basically just adds a ton of changes to the crafting system to both make it more balanced and lore-friendly. There's more changes than what I care to list, but some basic huge ones are:

-Armor recipes can be toggled on and off in the MCM by item type, class, etc. Don't want to see light armor at the forge? Turn it off. Use 1H only and don't want to see shields/2h? Turn that poo poo off.
-Completely customize mining. Can make it take longer to get more ore, take less time in general, less time more ore, whatever you want.
-All recipes redone and rebalanced, ingots require 5 ore
-Faction armor can all be crafted now, unlocks once you join the faction

A ton more. Here is the readme so you don't have to download it just to see.

So far it seems to be working fine with SPERG, though naturally I can't confirm everything.

This is actually an example of exactly what I want from a mod - the MCM configuration is sweet as hell. Going to throw this on top of my Morrowloot/Piratelord Loot Adjustment/SPERG game and report back.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Gyshall posted:

I've been modding Bethesda games since Morrowind, I 100% realize how horrible and awful of an experience it is/can be. Your original post that MO doesn't have community support is wrong, and was what I was pointing out. No need to write up huge posts about this, lets just keep talking about modding this game for fucks sake. :spergin:

Your post came off as kind of stand-offish, so I figured I'd reply appropriately. If I misinterpreted your tone, I apologize. I suppose we disagree on what "community support" is, but I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, if anyone can give any insight into how the new NMM will work based on what was revealed (Symlink? What the hell is that?) I'd be interested to know more. I know we have very little to speculate on. I'm pretty wary about ever switching back, but it'll be interesting to see how the Nexus community responds. Seems like a huge change that will require a lot of work on the part of modders with well-established content, but who knows.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there anything similar to the bandit mod in the OP for other types of enemy? Now I'm spoiled by ninja bandits, the draugr are all really dull, and I wouldn't mind some variation with spiders, dragons and wolves.

Also, is there a mod that can increase the money NPCs have? Ideally, I'd love someone to just give me back the mudcrab or the creeper from morrowind, but failing that giving all the NPCs 2000 instead of 750 or something would be great. I know there isn't too much use for the gold, but I'd rather send that number crazy high, so I could drop a massive pile of gold and gems in my home and giggle, than have chests full of enchanted robes and necklaces which are valuable enough I can't just drop them, but I can only ever sell three or four of before whiterun runs out of gold and I have to wait 48 hours.

Also, I haven't been doing anything complicated, but I've had zero problems with MO or enb or any of my mods, and I'm basically an idiot.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Alasyre posted:

Anyway, if anyone can give any insight into how the new NMM will work based on what was revealed (Symlink? What the hell is that?) I'd be interested to know more. I know we have very little to speculate on.
Symlink is short for symbolic link.
And wether or not NMM will be able to implement this well is just guesswork at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 12, 2013

futile
May 18, 2009
There's nothing as complete as OBIS is for overhauling a single enemy type, but there are mods that still do a good job of it. SkyTEST and Skyrim Immersive Creatures will handle your creature/animal/draugr stuff, and Deadly Dragons will take care of dragon stuff. High level enemies will also add and alter a bunch of enemies. Trade and Barter will handle all of your merchant gold options.

Since there's now an EFF patch for interesting NPCs I was finally able to start using the new EFF beta. Holy poo poo it's amazing. I can't seem to find anything involving followers automatically relaxing in areas though. Is this a feature? I see things about sandboxing and relaxing all over its nexus page and options in game, but they all seem to be vague or don't do anything.

futile fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 13, 2013

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So does anyone use the Tribunal Robes nonarmor set? I just tried equipping it and its...nothing. It shows as equipped in my inventory, but it doesn't appear on my character nor does it unequip my previous armor. Dragging it around in the crafting window shows it as a 2d object. This only happens with the nonarmor set, the light and heavy sets work as intended. Sucks because the armor looks amazing :(

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Vasudus posted:

So does anyone use the Tribunal Robes nonarmor set? I just tried equipping it and its...nothing. It shows as equipped in my inventory, but it doesn't appear on my character nor does it unequip my previous armor. Dragging it around in the crafting window shows it as a 2d object. This only happens with the nonarmor set, the light and heavy sets work as intended. Sucks because the armor looks amazing :(

Huh, not sure what's up with that. My character's wearing the black non armor set right now so it does work. Maybe check that all the textures and meshes actually got installed to the right places.
It is a fabulous looking set and makes a nice change from mage clothes (when you find a mod that allows you to enchant clothes with the same stats as mage robes and when you fiddle with the crafting recipe to take out the ebony ingots. Honestly, needing ebony ingots to make non armored robes makes no sense to me so I changed it to need Linen wraps instead).

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Has anyone been able to track down what causes a hang when fast traveling from Solstehim to Skyrim? I finally got all my mods playing nice and dirty edit free and all that crap and this starts happening when I start playing Dragonborn :(

Edit: It was the open cities mod.

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 13, 2013

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Mr.Citrus posted:

Has anyone been able to track down what causes a hang when fast traveling from Solstehim to Skyrim? I finally got all my mods playing nice and dirty edit free and all that crap and this starts happening when I start playing Dragonborn :(

Edit: It was the open cities mod.

If anyone else has this issue, it was Skyrim Flora Overhaul for me. One tree texture is massive and kept causing the hang up.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Too bad nobody bothered to preserve the original mod thread. Now I've lost most of my favourite mods because I didn't keep my own notes. Well, maybe asking here helps:

There used to be this mod that allowed to to transmutate any metal ingot in the game into any other. It did this by giving you a menu where you could transform regular metals into neutral lead at various exchange rates, and then transform that lead into whatever metal you needed more of. I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone got an idea?

[edit:] Mining for Mages, that's what it was called! Much more convenient this way.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 14, 2013

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Is it possible to use Mod Organizer with multiple different games from the same installation of it? I've decided I want to play another Bethesda game but I haven't managed to find any option for that.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How important is cleaning dirty edits via TES5Edit or whatever? Right now my game has a habit of crashing to desktop or hanging indefinitely when outside and I have no clue why. I took a look at the program since BOSS gives links to it but it just seems utterly impenetrable and the youtube and wiki links seems to be down for me.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Try this link: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit&oldid=39975

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

So I got to Avanchnzel and the last two ghost encounters aren't firing properly. :(

The scene where Roots is supposed to die horribly just has all three ghosts file up against the closed door, then the human mercenary shouts "Wait!" and they all disappear. The final scene near the Lexicon pedestal never kicks off and the ghosts just stand there forever.

I do have the USKP and the patch apparently fixed this stuff years ago. Is there a script I can kick in the reset button to make things work?

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Pierson posted:

How important is cleaning dirty edits via TES5Edit or whatever? Right now my game has a habit of crashing to desktop or hanging indefinitely when outside and I have no clue why. I took a look at the program since BOSS gives links to it but it just seems utterly impenetrable and the youtube and wiki links seems to be down for me.

Cleaning mods with TES5Edit can help with stability; I'd call it important or semi-important for a game like Skyrim.

In addition to cleaning your mods, make sure there is no conflicts in your mod list; that is the most likely thing to cause crashes as the sort you seem to be experiencing. It also helps to have a bashed or merged patch especially if you have a larger mod list. Also make sure that Skyrim's VRAM usage is down. Lots of high resolution textures can push your VRAM usage high. Sometimes beyond what your graphics card can handle.

Of course, is this a recent thing? Did it start after you installed a mod? Or removed one? Have you used a "Mesh Optimizer" of any sort?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Too bad nobody bothered to preserve the original mod thread.
It's linked in the OP.

Cerevisiae posted:

Is it possible to use Mod Organizer with multiple different games from the same installation of it? I've decided I want to play another Bethesda game but I haven't managed to find any option for that.
You can't. You'll have to create a new installation of MO for that other game.

scamtank posted:

So I got to Avanchnzel and the last two ghost encounters aren't firing properly. :(
<snip>
I do have the USKP and the patch apparently fixed this stuff years ago.
Make sure you have the latest version of the USKP. I believe v1.3.3 included some more fixes for that quest.

Pierson posted:

How important is cleaning dirty edits via TES5Edit or whatever?
Checking for dirty edits and cleaning is quite important for making sure your loadorder works right. Yasser Arafatwa above linked the tutorials for it.
Cleaning won't solve your CTD and freezing problems however.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 14, 2013

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Does anyone know how I can get ambient occlusion working indoors? It makes certain cells inside transparent and all shadows look weird, but has a nice effect outside

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Why is elemental fury so goddamn buggy? If it doesn't slow my swing speed down to a glacial pace, it won't trigger. If it doesn't do either two of those things, I'll get stuck with the goddamn sound effect forever. I know the USKP fixed that last one recently, so I think one of the shout mods I'm using is probably loving it up.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Fiddle with SPERG's weapon speed settings. To avoid the super speed bug, SPERG drops its own bug fix ability with Elemental Fury active. If Elemental Fury has been edited, that could make it drop your weapon speed or have no effect, depending on the modification applied by Elemental Fury.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
So it looks like Mod Organizer won't install or extract on my computer for whatever reason. Am I losing anything significant by moving to NMM?

futile
May 18, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Why is elemental fury so goddamn buggy? If it doesn't slow my swing speed down to a glacial pace, it won't trigger. If it doesn't do either two of those things, I'll get stuck with the goddamn sound effect forever. I know the USKP fixed that last one recently, so I think one of the shout mods I'm using is probably loving it up.
Thunderchild overwrites the USKP changes of ElementalFury, if you're using that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Are there any good warpaint mods I should look into? Particularly interested in non-facial warpaints. Wanna make my Redguard "stab you with a sword in the face" man be a little more interesting. I know Racemenu adds body paint as an option but I haven't found poo poo for paints beyond the default few RM includes. Is it hard to make them or what :confused:

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed there's not a whole lot taking advantage of that in RaceMenu. I'd love to get some more interesting tattoos and body warpaint for my warrior character but there's just the one tattoo pack and a few face paint packs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tired of random Vampire attacks killing your blacksmiths and merchants? Sick of cultists fireballing you as you tie down your horse? Sick of some rear end in a top hat demanding you have a drinking match with him when you just want to sit down after a long day of draugr slaying? Then this mod is for you

Timing is everything allows you to manually set the start times for several mods. Now you can finally start Dawnguard when you want to without dealing with an onslaught of Vampire rushes. Hell you might actually get to visit the Hall of the Vigilant before it gets burned down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So back to uncapper chat, if you have too many perk points how do you fix it? Even after hitting the reset button in the SPERG menu after correcting the dll and ini paths I still have too many perk points.

• Locked thread