Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Didn't that spreadsheet once have a savegame import option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Didn't that spreadsheet once have a savegame import option?

That was from a different dev. The one who originally made it disappeared for a bit so some other Anon picked it up and added some of his own cool changes with most people not even paying attention to the switch. The previous guy came back around, saw what had happened, called it good and updated from before the new guy made changes.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

That template is just a total mess. It even confuses Cursors for Grandmas for the Quintillion Fingers requirement. I heavily distrust the Next Purchase thing.

vvv No, not a description thing. I got my 200th cursor, and it said Quint was unavailable for purchase. The cell checks to see if you have less than 200 Grandmas. I also told me my next purchase was a Factory when I already have 104 of them, Quint is available for purchase, and only 70 Time Machines. A Factory!

Edit: Just had an Elder Frenzy, and...You know, it really DID feel like only 3 seconds. I wasn't counting but...Well, the total amount of cookies gained from it comes out right.

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 13, 2013

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It's probably just a typo on the description.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

3000 golden cookie clicks

:shepicide:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

AtomikKrab posted:

3000 golden cookie clicks

:shepicide:

Only 4777 left to go! :v:

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
So I have Get Lucky now. If I get a x7 gold cookie, and then another x7 gold cookie, will they stack to make a x49?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So I have Get Lucky now. If I get a x7 gold cookie, and then another x7 gold cookie, will they stack to make a x49?

No, multiplier cookies just set the multiplier to whatever they are, they don't stack.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

No, multiplier cookies just set the multiplier to whatever they are, they don't stack.

So whats the point of get lucky! :smith:

Does it increase the amount I get when I just get the flat lucky cookies?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So whats the point of get lucky! :smith:

Does it increase teh amount I get when I just get the flat bonus cookies?

Yes, that's exactly the point of Get Lucky.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Does anyone following this closer than I am have any more info on the updates? I'm thinking about doing a 3rd restart as I have 30+ quintillion cookies already and it's getting too long to get buildings again. New material would nice.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

oldgoatmon posted:

Does anyone following this closer than I am have any more info on the updates? I'm thinking about doing a 3rd restart as I have 30+ quintillion cookies already and it's getting too long to get buildings again. New material would nice.

Dungeons have taken him longer than he thought it would be he's still working on it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So now with the heavenly chip system, is it still impossible to get 100 time machines without cheating?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

So without having a frenzy overlay with a lucky, I have to wait 20 minutes to get my cookie banks at their cap. With frenzy overlayed on top of a lucky, how long do I need to build up my cookie banks before I hit the cap?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Requested_Username posted:

So now with the heavenly chip system, is it still impossible to get 100 time machines without cheating?

It...never was?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

It was never impossible.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Get some grit in you and just click. Back in my day we didn't even have a Granmapocalypse to help our cookie production but we bought 100 time machines! Uphill! In the snow!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zenzirouj posted:

Since you guys went and linked to that candy game and the dark room game, I'm just gonna ask my questions in here. About the dark game, since the candy one lost my interest around the point of the castle. Is there a water/storage upgrade after you get steel? I'd like to explore the rest of the map, but there don't seem to be many/any outposts at the outer areas of the map and I'm not going to suicide a bunch of times just to find out.

Link to the dark room? Never heard of it.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
I think heavenly chips have made 200 time machines achievable in a single human lifetime, so there's that.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

NIV3K posted:

That sheet is telling me to buy more than 100 of an upgrade, is that really something people are doing? It seemed to me like you should just get to 100 and then stop. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

I've got all buildings up to the next one costing over 100 billion. Since I have 771 million CpS, one Frenzy/Lucky combo nets me 6 trillion and I can splurge on some more buildings. I should check, but each building adds a bit under a million CpS thanks to all the multipliers and the x Fingers upgrades.

It may not be the most cost effective way, but since I don't want to leave my PC on when I'm asleep/at work, I want to maximize the amount of cookies I get out of Golden Cookie clicks, which is easily done by increasing my CpS even in small ways.

If you add 1 million CpS (after modifiers), that means a Lucky/Frenzy combo will net you 8.4 billion extra cookies, so you only need 13 to recoup a 100 billion investment!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How often do you need to stoke the fire in A Dark room?

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

NIV3K posted:

That sheet is telling me to buy more than 100 of an upgrade, is that really something people are doing? It seemed to me like you should just get to 100 and then stop. Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

Why do you think that? That spreadsheet and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html make it very transparent why you should continue to buy all buildings.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

RatHat posted:

How often do you need to stoke the fire in A Dark room?

The builder will stoke the fire for you if it would otherwise go out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oblivion590 posted:

You've GOT to be kidding me. :suicide:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think I broke sometihng. 503,000+ Heavenly chips. 6.2Million % Multiplier 7,000,000,000,000+ CPS at the moment.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Oblivion590 posted:

WOW what the gently caress. The only reason I'm not still playing that is I thought it needed constant upkeep.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Stanley Pain posted:

I think I broke sometihng. 503,000+ Heavenly chips. 6.2Million % Multiplier 7,000,000,000,000+ CPS at the moment.

That's what you get for cheating.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Is there a way to figure out how many cookies it will cost for the last ten time machines to 100? I'm close to a quintillion cookies lifetime and contemplating a reset, but don't want to unless those last ten are going to be a real bitch.

pelao
Apr 21, 2010
I just want a mod that changes Cookies to MegaCookies or GigaCookies. Or just strips 6 or 9 zeros off.

Mariposa
Sep 12, 2010
I had the bright idea of just not buying anything for a while, and abusing the fact that every other golden cookie gives you a fixed percentage of what you already have. But that cuts off at a certain point, and I ended up maxing out at like 200,000,000,000 per golden cookie. What loving cookie banker decided to cut off my interest payments?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Mariposa posted:

I had the bright idea of just not buying anything for a while, and abusing the fact that every other golden cookie gives you a fixed percentage of what you already have. But that cuts off at a certain point, and I ended up maxing out at like 200,000,000,000 per golden cookie. What loving cookie banker decided to cut off my interest payments?

The lump payment is either 10% of your total cookie count or 20 minutes of your current CPS production, whichever is lower. Gonna have to start buying poo poo again if you want to get more.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

pelao posted:

I just want a mod that changes Cookies to MegaCookies or GigaCookies. Or just strips 6 or 9 zeros off.

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit

code:
function Beautify (value, notation) {
    notation = ['', ' thousand', ' million', ' billion', ' trillion', ' quadrillion', ' quintillion', ' sextillion', ' septillion'];
    base = 0;
    while(value >= 1000){
        value /= 1000;
        base++;
    }
    value = Math.round(value * 10) / 10.0;
    if(base < notation.length){
        return value + notation[base];
    }
    return 'to many';
}
Game.RebuildStore();
Press F12 and copy/paste that into your console. It should make the game much easier to parse.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Hilarion posted:

Is there a way to figure out how many cookies it will cost for the last ten time machines to 100? I'm close to a quintillion cookies lifetime and contemplating a reset, but don't want to unless those last ten are going to be a real bitch.

Just did that this morning and all I remember is the last three cost close to 350 trillion, that was probably the hardest part.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I'm on time machine 98 which costs 109 trillion.

97 cost about 95 trillion.

100 is reported to cost 120 trillion.

#90 was around 40 trillion so work your way up from there.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
Does one of those spreadsheets have a way to tell you how many total cookies baked you'll get up to if you sell off and rebuy all your buildings, added to the total you've already baked? Basically, I want to know when is a good time to reset.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Jadaris posted:

Does one of those spreadsheets have a way to tell you how many total cookies baked you'll get up to if you sell off and rebuy all your buildings, added to the total you've already baked? Basically, I want to know when is a good time to reset.

This one shows the total you've spent on every building, just multiply that by .7 and then keep doing math.

But that's not actually helpful to your real question at all because a good time to reset is whenever you feel like resetting, it's not an exact science.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
The game's code for selling gives this price=Math.floor(price*0.5). As for selling and rebuying repeatedly, the formula is 1/(1-r), so for r = 0.5 you can double the cookies you have invested in buildings. Note that upgrades cannot be sold, so if you've maxed out upgrades at least like 600 trillion are lost forever.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Is there anything that can be done to speed up cookie production that might not be obvious?

Is keeping lots of cookies on hand to maximize gain from golden cookies important?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Peewi posted:

Is there anything that can be done to speed up cookie production that might not be obvious?

Is keeping lots of cookies on hand to maximize gain from golden cookies important?

If you're actively clicking the golden cookies, and you have the golden cookie upgrades, it becomes your biggest source of income (something like 10 times your base income), so yes.

Edit: I see another bug in the spreadsheet, in the "How Many Heavenly Chips Will You Earn If You Reset Now?" field. It looks like it's expecting you to enter the hidden(?) all-time cookies baked across resets value, not the all-time cookies baked value that you can see in cookie clicker.

I set J17 to
=if(F17="Input All Time Cookies Baked","None",sqrt((F17+(B17*B17*1000000000000))/1000000000000)-B17)

This takes your existing heavenly chips into account. I haven't tested it out yet, and I don't know if the game rounds your heavenly chips earned up or not.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 13, 2013

• Locked thread