Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisensual
May 24, 2013

Do you hate me?

Color Printer posted:

It isn't a Homestuck-related computer virus unless it unleashes a time-traveling demon at the death of the universe. :colbert:

How do we know it isn't that kind of virus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Excuse me guys, I'm gonna go use my time-traveling coffin to check the end of the universe to see if it's connected or not.

Edit: turns out all there is, is some dumb restaurant. Nothing to worry about.

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 12, 2013

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Thundarr posted:

It isn't a Homestuck-related computer virus unless it actually blows up your computer.

To be fair you can also do that with the majyyks (which are totes real)

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

AriadneThread posted:

Excuse me guys, I'm gonna go use my time-traveling coffin to check the end of the universe to see if it's connected or not.

Edit: turns out all there is, is some dumb restaurant. Nothing to worry about.

You're probably just bitter because you didn't make reservations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm glad someone found a way to improve the MSPA forums!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

No one mentioned this is one of the images they left on the forums?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Mr President, the NSA has confirmed a Majestic-Level contingency. Assad... he hit Homestuck, sir. It's gone."

Without a word, Obama reaches for the received of the red phone on his desk.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Seoinin posted:

"Mr President, the NSA has confirmed a Majestic-Level contingency. Assad... he hit Homestuck, sir. It's gone."

Without a word, Obama reaches for the received of the red phone on his desk.
Pfff, what's Batman going to do in Syria?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Pfff, what's Batman going to do in Syria?

"Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible..."

"I shall become.. a Homestuck"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
e. disregard

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 12, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Yeah, the bigger question isn't "Why the forums?" but "Why the MSPA forums?"

What an odd target

If they can recruit the Homestucks to their cause, they will be unstoppable.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Insert obligatory "this is the funniest Homestuck has been in months!" :buddy:

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

Wapole Languray posted:

Caliborn controlled Jack is gonna rip Jake's eyes out, stick his flashing pool ball eyes in, Jake's head peels like a banana and he gets SWOLE. Boom, you get a crazy rear end plot twist, Aranea is crushed by hubris as all Serkets are, tumblr commits mass suicide, and the name Lord English makes sense while still keeping Caliborn in play.

Jake is going to beat Jack English, and then get possessed in turn. It fulfills the prophecy and causes the obvious thing to happen.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Dorroile posted:

I'm glad someone found a way to improve the MSPA forums!
This. I know other theories are floating around, but the fact the main page was not touched and that Homestuck is a world-wide phenomenon leads me to suspect there is a Syrian Homestuck out there that knows some English, wanted to connect to other fans and saw what a cesspool the boards were.

I have faith that excellent posts have thus far saved SA from a similar fate.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
In a shocking twist, it turns out that Koos is a Syrian sleeper agent. Suddenly the Koos Group sounds a lot more sinister.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bell_ posted:

This. I know other theories are floating around, but the fact the main page was not touched and that Homestuck is a world-wide phenomenon leads me to suspect there is a Syrian Homestuck out there that knows some English, wanted to connect to other fans and saw what a cesspool the boards were.

I have faith that excellent posts have thus far saved SA from a similar fate.

This leaves me wondering if there's some pro-rebel Syrian Homestuck fan who's furious about this latest development, and is trying to marshal some kind of response. Further, the idea of two people on opposites sides of a blood civil war both enjoying the same silly internet webcomic.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

This leaves me wondering if there's some pro-rebel Syrian Homestuck fan who's furious about this latest development, and is trying to marshal some kind of response. Further, the idea of two people on opposites sides of a blood civil war both enjoying the same silly internet webcomic.

I'm reminded of a short story I once read where two soldiers during WW1, a Frenchman and a German, find themselves stranded in an abandoned town in no-man's land. They share cigarettes and realize that they have more in common with each other than they do with the mustachioed fucks ordering them to march into hails of machine gun fire.

Then the French army shows up and shoots both of them for desertion and collusion with the enemy.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
The DBZ doesn't stop keep hapening.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
"You call that powering up?" Is a line I'm shocked didn't actually appear in DBZ.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

No Karkat please be ok, please be ok :ohdear:

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
Karkat would be the maddest, saddest dreambubble ghost.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
"You call that powering up?"

Evil Jade is almost as much of an improvement as Evil Jane, and she wasn't even completely sucky before.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So what exactly is Aranea's plan here? Is Jake just going to keep powering up and destroy the whole session with his hopexplosion? 'Cause at this rate it looks like he's just going to destroy everything.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blackheart posted:

No Karkat please be ok, please be ok :ohdear:

Karkat-Death has become Hussie's ace in the hole for reader despair, since he is a) the best and b) the most mortal out of all the characters. In a comic where like half the cast can now walk off getting cut the gently caress in half so long as they don't do it while getting a kitten out of a tree/throwing a kitten into a woodchipper and the mortal remainder is either unkillable, undead, or a clown, Karkat huddles, terrified and cranky, his sole defense a breathless torrent of rude language. Hussie will wait until he is entangled in our every gossamer heartstring, and then, he will tear him out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's...it's so beautiful.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

lotus circle posted:

So what exactly is Aranea's plan here? Is Jake just going to keep powering up and destroy the whole session with his hopexplosion? 'Cause at this rate it looks like he's just going to destroy everything.

Jake doesn't seem to be aware of his surroundings at all. How does curing brain damage do that?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dire Wombat posted:

Jake doesn't seem to be aware of his surroundings at all. How does curing brain damage do that?

Jake is absolutely at least somewhat aware of what's going on, he just can't express it in anything other than old timeys.

See:

Jane- HELLO NURSE
Jade- AYE CHIHUAHUA
Getting the upperhand in the fight- SOCK IT TO ME
etc.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Is Jade going to get dunked into the lava?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

lotus circle posted:

Her plan was to prevent Caliborn's universe from ever existing, thus preventing Lord English from ever existing. Having an out-of control Page of Hope at maximum power kill off everybody / obliterate the session to cause a hellacious paradox that essentially invalidates everything that has ever happened in the comic and then turn that into the new alpha timeline would probably count as a win for her if it works.

(it won't work)

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Is Jade going to get dunked into the lava?

I really hope not, but her words are way too close to a cheesy movie villain's final words. And she's in another Homestuck death-colors page too :ohdear:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

tentative8e8op posted:

I really hope not, but her words are way too close to a cheesy movie villain's final words. And she's in another Homestuck death-colors page too :ohdear:

Can you have a heroic or just death when you have no control over your own actions?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Even if she does, Bec was bathing in the stuff when his meteor landed in a pool much like the one Jake just made. There's little reason to expect her to be less indestructible.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Karkat-Death has become Hussie's ace in the hole for reader despair, since he is a) the best and b) the most mortal out of all the characters. In a comic where like half the cast can now walk off getting cut the gently caress in half so long as they don't do it while getting a kitten out of a tree/throwing a kitten into a woodchipper and the mortal remainder is either unkillable, undead, or a clown, Karkat huddles, terrified and cranky, his sole defense a breathless torrent of rude language. Hussie will wait until he is entangled in our every gossamer heartstring, and then, he will tear him out.

It's true. Even though Terezi and Karkat have the exact same status, Shouty feels so much more vulnerable in the grand scheme of things. Pretty much because, as cool as Terezi is, there is only one The Best.

Also hope is dumb and Jake still sucks.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Thundarr posted:

Her plan was to prevent Caliborn's universe from ever existing, thus preventing Lord English from ever existing. Having an out-of control Page of Hope at maximum power kill off everybody / obliterate the session to cause a hellacious paradox that essentially invalidates everything that has ever happened in the comic and then turn that into the new alpha timeline would probably count as a win for her if it works.

To expand a little bit on this, from what I understand, she specifically wants to destroy the universe completely enough that it is retroactively never created. LE comes when the universe is destroyed but a universe that is never created can't be destroyed and thus LE won't ever exist/arrive. Since he does exist/has arrived, if this happens the paradox will create a doomed offshoot timeline that will go nowhere, but she thinks her awesome Sylph powers can let her "heal" the doomed timeline and make it into the the alpha timeline:

quote:

ARANEA: A doomed timeline is really just an anatomical feature of a much larger organism. Like a capillary which comes to an end, 8ecause it has withered and died.
ARANEA: I 8elieve I will 8e a8le to heal this offshoot.

Also, I don't remember- Karkat isn't god tier, right?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Also, I don't remember- Karkat isn't god tier, right?

No. He's not god tier, he can barely fight anything tougher than basic Sburb baddies, he turns into a terrified ball of nubby-headed noise during serious conflict, and he already used up his one extra Lifey Thing. The entire universe is basically a giant arrow pointing to Mssr. Vantas, and on the arrow is written the words "END THIS CHILD."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxxidation posted:

No. He's not god tier, he can barely fight anything tougher than basic Sburb baddies, he turns into a terrified ball of nubby-headed noise during serious conflict, and he already used up his one extra Lifey Thing. The entire universe is basically a giant arrow pointing to Mssr. Vantas, and on the arrow is written the words "END THIS CHILD."

Dude Karkat won't die. He's the only one who can truly ends this in anti-climax. Just cull the Fish Queen and cut LE down short. "CAN WE loving GO NOW?" will be the last bit of dialogue in Homestuck.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, Karkat's been stabbed and killed freaking tons of times. He's the most likely to get out alive at the rate he's going.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ramos posted:

Yeah, Karkat's been stabbed and killed freaking tons of times. He's the most likely to get out alive at the rate he's going.

Stabbed, tons. Killed, just once.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He's DEFINITELY going to live until he meets spades slick again, because how on earth would we NOT get to experience Karkat's reunion with HIS JACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Who What Now posted:

Stabbed, tons. Killed, just once.

Twice if you count his dreamself.