Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Atticus_1354 posted:

This is really popular with Mexican drivers around here and after a good rain all the trucks are covered with mud because the tires just throw all the mud from the road straight on the truck. I just don't get it.

Offsetting the rollover risk of adding height, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I honestly thought that was a gasser until I clicked the thumbnail.

Atticus_1354 posted:

This is really popular with Mexican drivers around here and after a good rain all the trucks are covered with mud because the tires just throw all the mud from the road straight on the truck. I just don't get it.

The Niva did that with the wheels that came with it. First puddle in the dirt I drove through mud got flung all over it, roof and all. Surprised me for sure.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Wasabi the J posted:

Offsetting the rollover risk of adding height, maybe?

But most of them are stock height or even lowered. Maybe I just don't get it because I am outside the culture.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

They're still looking for the chairs.
Okay, that was good.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Atticus_1354 posted:

This is why I carry lots of pennies in my car. For assholes who think its "cool" to have 6 inches of tire outside of the fender, and gravel trucks that never close their loving gate properly after dumping and spew poo poo all over the road. Flip a few pennies out the sunroof. Not responsible for my broken windshields indeed.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

This is why I carry lots of pennies in my car. For assholes who think its "cool" to have 6 inches of tire outside of the fender, and gravel trucks that never close their loving gate properly after dumping and spew poo poo all over the road. Flip a few pennies out the sunroof. Not responsible for my broken windshields indeed.

Are you under the impression that this is a reasonable thing to do?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

veedubfreak posted:

Well at least this post is in the right thread.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Can't wait for someone to kick your teeth down your throat hahaha. What a dweeby thing to do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my god I bet he was totally serious! Let's track him down and administer some internet justice!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Pain machine, et. al.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I guess you could call his actions a penny ante response. :v:

Also: Canada no longer has pennies. Americans shouldn't be wasting them - one day your government will take them away too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I guess you could call his actions a penny ante response. :v:

Also: Canada no longer has pennies. Americans shouldn't be wasting them - one day your government will take them away too.

When my Great Uncle died we found two garbage cans full of pennies in his basement. I'm good for a while.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

When my Great Uncle died we found two garbage cans full of pennies in his basement. I'm good for a while.

You should have welded those together and created a new skid plate floor for that GNX.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

West SAAB Story posted:

You should have welded those together and created a new skid plate floor for that GNX.

He always said he hated pennies and he was gonna melt them down and make something out of them one day.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Rhyno posted:

I just did a rough calculation and assuming it's a big 55 gallon can that's like ~$8500. You should probably just go cash that poo poo in.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

He always said he hated pennies and he was gonna melt them down and make something out of them one day.

Such a good idea..

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JP Money posted:

I just did a rough calculation and assuming it's a big 55 gallon can that's like ~$8500. You should probably just go cash that poo poo in.

We did. It was close to $5000 but we found a poo poo load of rare coins at the bottom of the bins. In the end the total take was like $7K and we kept about four gallons worth for some reason. I think my mother still has them.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Rhyno posted:

We did. It was close to $5000 but we found a poo poo load of rare coins at the bottom of the bins. In the end the total take was like $7K and we kept about four gallons worth for some reason. I think my mother still has them.

Make a penny floor in your bathroom.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like something I would've seen a local news piece about. Did anyone do a story about it?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Ulfhednar posted:

Found these two on imgur's homepage:

My buddy with giant 4x4 tires has to do this to test emissions. They dyno the cars here and big mud tires don't stay on the rollers or fit in the safety rollers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slim Pickens posted:

Sounds like something I would've seen a local news piece about. Did anyone do a story about it?

No. This was almost ten years ago in a Chicago suburb. My aunt wanted to call the news but we didn't want attention.

Also he had a heart attack in his kitchen, fell over and smashed his head open on the stove so the place looked like a murder had taken place so we didn't want to have to explain that either.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Rhyno posted:

No. This was almost ten years ago in a Chicago suburb. My aunt wanted to call the news but we didn't want attention.

Also he had a heart attack in his kitchen, fell over and smashed his head open on the stove so the place looked like a murder had taken place so we didn't want to have to explain that either.

People have been murdered for less... we're watching you.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
The 5th lug is just for show. :catstare:

He had bling rims on the other side. I don't know what brand, They were black and had a bunch of alloy spokes (not to be confused with bicycle spoke style bling rims).

SocketSeven fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 12, 2013

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

(not my pic)

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
Just what is it about PT Cruisers that inspire people? You certainly don't see lots pictures of Chevy HHRs decked out in psuedo-50s plastic parts. If I'm wrong on that one, please don't correct me!

Edit: Removed license plates

Ulfhednar fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 13, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ulfhednar posted:

Just what is it about PT Cruisers that inspire people? You certainly don't see lots pictures of Chevy HHRs decked out in psuedo-50s plastic parts. If I'm wrong on that one, please don't correct me!

But I have to correct you.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/other_hhr_woody.jpg

http://www.customshop.org/images/chevyhhr003gm10138.jpg

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/attachments/f4/111146d1318691623-over-hhr-forum-chevrolet-hhr-panel-picture-2845.jpg

http://remarkablecars.com/wiki/images/thumb/6/67/Chevy-2006-hhr-custom-1153.JPG/600px-Chevy-2006-hhr-custom-1153.JPG

Some don't look nearly as lovely though:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/03/d8/99/03d899f167eeea1baef6901ffb428aad.jpg

Doesn't excuse the fake side-exhausts-bolted-shut-look.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax

Local cops just put this on Facebook.
:downsbravo:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Lurch posted:

Local cops just put this on Facebook.
:downsbravo:

Awww, they should have just tailed him until he took a turn and smashed out some windows, then pulled him over.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

SocketSeven posted:

The 5th lug is just for show. :catstare:

He had bling rims on the other side. I don't know what brand, They were black and had a bunch of alloy spokes (not to be confused with bicycle spoke style bling rims).

Allow me to explain this one. He took the car to his local tire monkey and they stripped out one of the lugs. VWs use lug bolts and most tire monkeys use air tools and then strip out the drum/rotor. How do I know? Because it happened to me, not once, not twice, but 3 loving times so far. When getting tires done, watch the tire monkeys, because if they do strip the poo poo, they won't loving tell you and you only find out when you go to put your summer wheels back on the car. My 11 already had to have both rear hubs replaced (paid for by the owner of said monkey) because they managed to strip a lug on both rear hubs.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Wasabi the J posted:

Doesn't excuse the fake side-exhausts-bolted-shut-look.

Lake Pipes.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This is why I bring my rims/tires to the tire shop and have that poo poo done, then go home and put them on myself. If someone is going to gently caress up my car it is going to be me, dammit.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

I'm sorry to tell you, but Victoria has a hernia

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

kastein posted:

This is why I bring my rims/tires to the tire shop and have that poo poo done, then go home and put them on myself. If someone is going to gently caress up my car it is going to be me, dammit.

This only works if you have a 2nd car that can be driven to the shop. Some of us only have 1 car on the road :(

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Allow me to explain this one. He took the car to his local tire monkey and they stripped out one of the lugs. VWs use lug bolts and most tire monkeys use air tools and then strip out the drum/rotor. How do I know? Because it happened to me, not once, not twice, but 3 loving times so far. When getting tires done, watch the tire monkeys, because if they do strip the poo poo, they won't loving tell you and you only find out when you go to put your summer wheels back on the car. My 11 already had to have both rear hubs replaced (paid for by the owner of said monkey) because they managed to strip a lug on both rear hubs.

I was wondering about the bolts too, but concluded they HAD to be proper lugs of some sort, rather the just some random bolts that were sitting around a garage and had the right threads. NOBODY is so dumb as to regular old bolts as wheel lugs, right? right!?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

SocketSeven posted:

I was wondering about the bolts too, but concluded they HAD to be proper lugs of some sort, rather the just some random bolts that were sitting around a garage and had the right threads. NOBODY is so dumb as to regular old bolts as wheel lugs, right? right!?

They appear to be the proper lug bolts. They have a certain taper to them also for the steel wheels. I don't remember off the top of my head if they are ball seat or not.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

This only works if you have a 2nd car that can be driven to the shop. Some of us only have 1 car on the road :(

It works if you have a second set of wheels, too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

veedubfreak posted:

The hubs on Chrysler PL cars are notoriously weak so I make a habit of going to tire shops during non peak hours and request they use a torque wrench instead of air tools. Watch them write it down before handing it to the tech then stand at the glass. I try to tip the tech a few bucks on the down low if I like the shop and plan on returning (tips are probably not super kosher at a lot of places).

First few years I went through half a dozen hubs from techs breaking my wheel studs and now I have a handful of shops I use regularly and I don't even have to ask any more. I'd do it myself but I have one car and a bad back.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

Following the Polar Edition in Europe, the Jeep Wrangler receives another special edition model - this time in North America. Jeep has decided to build the Wrangler Dragon Design concept that was on display last year at the Auto China 2012.

Sporting a Black and Bronze Satin Gloss exterior and interior tweaks, the 2014 Jeep Wrangler Dragon Edition will launch this fall in the U.S. with an MSRP of $36,095 (€27,150).

Based on the Jeep Wrangler Sahara, the limited-production model's main design highlight is the Dark Charcoal dragon decal that starts on the hood and runs along the driver’s side of the vehicle. Particularly in Asian cultures, the dragon symbolizes strength and power and is normally associated with royalty and good fortune.

Available only in black and as a four-door Unlimited model, the Wrangler Dragon Edition features a black body-color three-piece hard top and a series of Bronze Satin Gloss details including the front grille slats, headlamp surrounds and the Jeep badging.

The special edition Wrangler features matte black 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with a Satin Bronze high-gloss outer edge. Other design touches are the gloss-black appliques on the front and rear bumpers, a Mopar fuel-filler door and black spare tire cover with dragon decal.

On the inside, the black and bronze theme is continued by the black Nappa leather seats with Satin Bronze Dragon Scale on the outer bolster surfaces, center console arm rest and steering wheel. Satin Bronze accent trim on the steering wheel spokes and passenger-side dashboard grab handle, matching bronze bound floor mats and a dragon graphic overlay in the gauge cluster round out the modifications.

Just the thing to go with my flaming dragon shirt?

:stonklol:

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

kastein posted:

You'd think this would work wouldn't you?

I also go the extra mile of washing and waxing my wheels that I bring in just to show them that I care about my wheels and want them treated well
Then I tell the guy at the counter to please not scratch them as they are nearly new and I've had wheels scratched before.

They always say the same thing, :smug: "We are very careful sir, we don't scratch or blemish anything" :smug:

Then when you pick them up, all four look like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

fknlo posted:

Just the thing to go with my flaming dragon shirt?

:stonklol:

I've never been able to take Wranglers seriously since i saw Clueless as a kid.