Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Had no idea there was a new thread or new episodes, so I got to watch two new ones last night, which was pretty rad.

Yay for Flame Princess staging a coup and taking over the Fire Kingdom and Jake for punching Magic Man in the face!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Say Nothing posted:

By the way, did anyone notice Marceline was missing her vampire bite marks?

This is super cute and I wish Jake weren't looking so glum

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Tupping Liberty posted:

Bravest Warriors. But when you google Bravest Heroes, as you do when you're not sure if someone's made a mistake or not, the only thing that comes up is Bravest Warriors, so I guess google knows the intentions.

The Vault has great potential. I really dig the delicate balance of backstory vs fun episodes, Penn Ward et al have really nailed that on the head.

Eeep. I was really tired when I typed that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lorraine is Finn and Jake's chicken from Beemo Noir. Why is her number on PB's phone?

A stupid theory about the Green Ghost Lady; She's actually the lady in the painting on Finn and Jake's wall, and it's Finn's mom. It's not actually a nude painting, the torn bit actually shows her holding baby Finn.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Say Nothing posted:

Lorraine is Finn and Jake's chicken from Beemo Noir. Why is her number on PB's phone?

Well, she's hot like pizza supper.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yikes!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Must be used. New Retina Macbooks cost an arm and a leg.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Tollymain posted:

That one bit reminds me of Super Hexagon, why is that the first thought I had?

Because it's a reference to Super Hexagon.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I honestly did not expect that to be intentional :aaa:

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

The guy holding the laptop looks suspiciously like Ash. ... Or just another guy in a torn muscle shirt. :iiam:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Sonrisa posted:

The guy holding the laptop looks suspiciously like Ash. ... Or just another guy in a torn muscle shirt. :iiam:

Yeah, I immediately thought of Ash, but no guess on the lady.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's definitely Ash. God drat I thought I knew vaguely where this episode was going, thanks for reminding me I don't know poo poo, AT crew

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Say Nothing posted:

A stupid theory about the Green Ghost Lady; She's actually the lady in the painting on Finn and Jake's wall, and it's Finn's mom. It's not actually a nude painting, the torn bit actually shows her holding baby Finn.

I like this. This show is the new :lost:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Were the sleeves torn off jagged or does this guy have white armpit hair.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Doesn't Finn always lose an arm in basically every alternative/future version of himself?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yes, pillow hand, his super robo arm from the enchiridion, his dinky arm in the lich-verse. At some point Finn must confront something that will severely wound him and claim a hand. I hope and pray that if they have the good sense to end AT on a high note instead of dragging it out forever, they will have the climactic final battle claim Finns hand after all.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Yes, pillow hand, his super robo arm from the enchiridion, his dinky arm in the lich-verse. At some point Finn must confront something that will severely wound him and claim a hand. I hope and pray that if they have the good sense to end AT on a high note instead of dragging it out forever, they will have the climactic final battle claim Finns hand after all.

He doesn't really have to face it though. He doesn't remember the pillow world, or the world from lich-verse. The robot arm from Enchiridion (although I think it was actually Mortal Recoil?) was just him meditating and imagining it. So far he only has that one from his imagination in his head. One was a retcon of sorts, and another was another lifetime.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Ash would make sense, considering his last episode was all about manipulating memories. It's possible he's making Finn focus on the Green Lady because he knows it upsets him, and the episode won't actually divulge into who or what she actually is at all, just that she's upsetting/scary. I would make this bet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

superjew posted:

I like this. This show is the new :lost:

Like Lost, only with creators that don't actively hate their fanbase?

Time Sandwich was awesome. My wife watched the bit with the sandwich making, as her first exposure to AT, and thought it was awesome. I'm going to sit her down tonight and we'll watch Enchiridion together.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Longer sneak peek at The Vault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-2t9T9Psro

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
That's too much, don't punch yourself.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
My girlfriend has recently shown an interest in watching Adventure Time (BMO keeps popping up in her studies on cyberfeminist ideas) so I'm putting together a playlist to show her. Any suggestions for any must have episodes?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Captain_Person posted:

(BMO keeps popping up in her studies on cyberfeminist ideas)

Can you elaborate on this?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Can you elaborate on this?

Basically, a cyberfeminist collective back in the 90s wanted to make a genderneutral robot in a video game, while at the same time a different cyberfeminist collective wanted to look at just how fluid gender expression could be with cyborgs and so wrote a paper called 'The Cyborg Manifesto'. BMO seems to fit what they were describing fairly well.

MindTheGap
Jul 24, 2007

Captain_Person posted:

My girlfriend has recently shown an interest in watching Adventure Time (BMO keeps popping up in her studies on cyberfeminist ideas) so I'm putting together a playlist to show her. Any suggestions for any must have episodes?
I assume she's seen this, but just in case...

There are a lot of episodes of Adventure Time that appeal to feminist ideas, but if I had to choose one specifically with BMO, the one with LeVar Burton as a voice guest is really great, because it's got not just one, but TWO un-gendered characters that, for all intents and purposes, end up in "love" and "parenting" a "baby" despite not having distinct roles for their relationship. For a not-BMO themed episode, go for "Princess Cookie", or "The Hard Easy", wherein Finn kisses a really gross frog prince monster to break his curse.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
James Baxter opens with BMO playing out fantasies of being the Virgin Mary, while the first Graybles episode shows BMO pretending to be a living boy.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixXU1fngoyI

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

From the related videos of that one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axUKv9QVyI

Apparently triangles and circles are evil and promote bullying? :psyduck:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

gmq posted:

From the related videos of that one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axUKv9QVyI

Apparently triangles and circles are evil and promote bullying? :psyduck:

There aren't facepalms big enough for this video and some of the comments on it.

Looking forward to The Vault.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

MindTheGap posted:

I assume she's seen this, but just in case...

Every time I see a hyperactive host in one of these videos I want to punch them

BEEAARR!!
Nov 9, 2004

Someone got hit
in the boingloins!

Hit in the boingloins!
Boingloins! Boingloins!
Someone got hit in them!

Steve Yun posted:

Every time I see a hyperactive host in one of these videos I want to punch them

I never saw him as hyperactive so much as passionate about what he's talking about. I love this channel BECAUSE he's so energetic. :shrug:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

BEEAARR!! posted:

I never saw him as hyperactive so much as passionate about what he's talking about. I love this channel BECAUSE he's so energetic. :shrug:

I agree. He's enthusiastic about his subject, which leads me to be enthusiastic too, even when he's referencing something I've never heard of.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So it's official that PB is WAY older than 20.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Plus yet again the idea of Finn losing an arm is brought up.

axleblaze posted:

So it's official that PB is WAY older than 20.

And Finn agrees with you.

Liar fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 17, 2013

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Well, that was cool!

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011
God drat.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
PB is super old.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
That was amazing.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Apparently candy people have long lives in general, or that wasn't The Peppermint Butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Brightman posted:

Apparently candy people have long lives in general, or that wasn't The Peppermint Butler.

Just depends on how long ago that was. Creme Puff was shown to be young, and Peppermint Butler was like a child. Plus the banana guards were still green.

• Locked thread