Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RBX posted:

So which is worse at this point? TNA or WCW?

Well at this point WCW isn't losing money... probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Strait up the podcast is joined 'in progress' as they say. :allears:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I finally got the time to listen to the Konnan show last night and as expected it owned. I wish they brought him on more regularly, as he is easily one of their best guests.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 14, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Arbite posted:

I don't think anyone can fault Tenay for giving up to some degree or another.

Well, to be fair, Vince has the game on in the back of Raw too, so he can counter-program. Maybe TNA were trying to stay compet-bwahahaha, sorry couldn't keep typing that seriously.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gaz-L posted:

Well, to be fair, Vince has the game on in the back of Raw too, so he can counter-program. Maybe TNA were trying to stay compet-bwahahaha, sorry couldn't keep typing that seriously.

Never forget the time there was a TNA PPV and Jarrett was just tweeting about an NFL game, even when he had a match that night.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just assumed Taz is a Jets fan

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I listen to Colt Cabana's show sometimes but that show with Sunny was bad. I get remaining neutral or wanting to be positive but you don't have to let someone completely bullshit you for an hour.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New episode of the Attitude Era Podcast: Rock Bottom 1998!

Remember: The next episode, bonus episodes notwithstanding, is the 1999 Rumble. Now THAT'S gonna be fun to review.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

I listen to Colt Cabana's show sometimes but that show with Sunny was bad. I get remaining neutral or wanting to be positive but you don't have to let someone completely bullshit you for an hour.

So are you trying to tell me Sunny isn't a genius with a photographic memory who was valedictorian and class president in high school, is now top of her medical school class, reads physics books for fun, and had such an impact on the McMahon family that Triple H and Stephanie named their second child after her?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Maybe this is a dumb question but why is Konnan in Iran?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Being in Iran is being high on marijuana. One time he told somebody in TNA he was smoking Iranian tobacco and got them super high.

Konnan and Jeff Hardy once took 45 minutes to get back to their Orlando hotel from the Impact Zone.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE NOT 10 COUNT RETURNS BECAUSE WE WEREN'T AROUND ON MONDAY!!!

BUT JUST ME AND GOOG.

I edited. Hopefully I didn't gently caress up a lot.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Being in Iran is being high on marijuana.

Well that makes a lot more sense.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Karmine posted:

Well that makes a lot more sense.

*penny drops*

I didn't know either

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

HulkaMatt posted:

BUT JUST ME AND GOOG.

Sometimes I put on one of these podcasts when unwinding, catch the first few topics, have a nap in the middle of it and wake up to the final minutes.

The end of this was a surreal one to come back to :stare:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Carlito Caribbean Cool and Colt Caribbean Cabaner :stare:

So this is what happens when the Goog gets hooged.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sigmachiev posted:

Seriously, this made me dislike Sunny a lot more. Just all the poo poo about how easy her time in prison was and how she got all sorts of privileges was unbelievable. And handwaving away her responsibility in the incident that got her there with some lame 'two sides to a story' excuse was kind of gross.

She's always been known for being an absolute nightmare to work with, and this actually made her seem even worse.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seriously, this made me dislike Sunny a lot more. Just all the poo poo about how easy her time in prison was and how she got all sorts of privileges was unbelievable. And handwaving away her responsibility in the incident that got her there with some lame 'two sides to a story' excuse was kind of gross.

She's always been known for being an absolute nightmare to work with, and this actually made her seem even worse.
And there we have the reason WWE no longer plans to fund her rehab.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not for nothing, but anybody expecting Colt to be confrontational with Sunny can't have been paying attention to his shows much. It's a way to make money for Colt while hanging with friends and letting people feel like they know a few things about his guests. Colt would have nothing to gain by confronting her delusions, and we're assuming he even knows her well enough to do it in the first place. Not only that, but assuming he does for a moment, it'd be wholly inappropriate to do so in such a public forum.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 16, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not for nothing, but anybody expecting Colt to be confrontational with Sunny can't have been paying attention to his shows much. It's a way to make money for Colt while hanging with friends and letting people feel like they know a few things about his guests. Colt would have nothing to gain by confronting her delusions, and we're assuming he even knows her well enough to do it in the first place. Not only, but assuming he does for a moment, it'd be wholly inappropriate to do so in such a public forum.

If you're going to freely allow someone to spout ungodly amounts of total bullshit for an hour, why even have them on the show? What's the point?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
To make money with their name power. Colt's not a journalist. He's barely an interviewer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you're going to freely allow someone to spout ungodly amounts of total bullshit for an hour, why even have them on the show? What's the point?

To make money off of plugs and commercials and poo poo? Colt Cabana is basically a brand at this point, and he really needs ex-Superstars to keep coming on his show to keep the machine moving.

So yeah I assume he'll basically let anyone come on the show and bullshit for an hour if it'll bump him up the iTunes download rankings.

It's not just Colt, most interview shows are the same way. They aren't there to rip apart their guests, if they did that no one would want to go on the show.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

You get far more of an insight into the type of person that Sunny is by listening to her talk bollocks than listening to her tell the truth.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave's mounting horror during the Total Diva's recap was great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

To make money off of plugs and commercials and poo poo? Colt Cabana is basically a brand at this point, and he really needs ex-Superstars to keep coming on his show to keep the machine moving.

So yeah I assume he'll basically let anyone come on the show and bullshit for an hour if it'll bump him up the iTunes download rankings.

It's not just Colt, most interview shows are the same way. They aren't there to rip apart their guests, if they did that no one would want to go on the show.

Art of Wrestling is a niche product though. It's really not going much farther than it's already gone and I don't see how there's potential for anything but harm in terms of sponsorships etc., by allowing a notorious drug addict and abuser to come on and completely bullshit for an hour while you laugh it off.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Right, because wrestling fans are going to email Colt's sponsors and register offence at him having her on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Art of Wrestling is a niche product though. It's really not going much farther than it's already gone and I don't see how there's potential for anything but harm in terms of sponsorships etc., by allowing a notorious drug addict and abuser to come on and completely bullshit for an hour while you laugh it off.

Possibly going backwards as well, I barely see anyone talking about it any more.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think now you've taken it too far. If we're excluding drug addicts and abusers from Art of Wrestling he's gonna have to change the name to Art Of. The sponsors presumably know what they're getting into when they throw their money behind a podcast featuring wrestlers.

I still hate the interview and it made me dislike Sunny a lot, but Gonzo's right in that - intentionally or not - Colt sitting back and letting her just talk and talk was probably the easier path to revealing the real Sunny than him trying to go all Frost/Nixon on her.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think now you've taken it too far. If we're excluding drug addicts and abusers from Art of Wrestling he's gonna have to change the name to Art Of. The sponsors presumably know what they're getting into when they throw their money behind a podcast featuring wrestlers.

I still hate the interview and it made me dislike Sunny a lot, but Gonzo's right in that - intentionally or not - Colt sitting back and letting her just talk and talk was probably the easier path to revealing the real Sunny than him trying to go all Frost/Nixon on her.

I can see that. I'm mostly just bothered by the fact that Colt is the first person to raise hell about exploitation, then he turns around and lets someone who is basically on the wrestling industry's Mount Rushmore of Mental Instability (a gigantic achievement) come on his show and spew lie after lie for downloads.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I think Stone Cold really took the idea of what Colt started and bumped it up therefore pretty much killing my interest in Colt's show. Not only does STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, one the most famous names in the history of the business, host the show, but he generally has A-list wrestling personalities on the show discussing some of the most pivotal events in the industries history. The show is just way more entertaining to myself vs. Colt's show. Don't get me wrong, I used to love Art of Wrestling, but it really hasn't done anything for me in a long time.

Also, speaking of podcasts and the SAS - JR's interview should be out soon. While I'm excited to hear it, I can't imagine JR will bitch about what happened to him last week. He always takes the high road when it comes to WWE loving around with him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Most of Frost/Nixon was just letting Nixon talk bollocks for several days before tearing him down.

Also I think Colt has a soft spot for Sunny. She was on one of the live $5 podcasts and he made monkey noises for her.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I think Stone Cold really took the idea of what Colt started and bumped it up therefore pretty much killing my interest in Colt's show. Not only does STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, one the most famous names in the history of the business, host the show, but he generally has A-list wrestling personalities on the show discussing some of the most pivotal events in the industries history. The show is just way more entertaining to myself vs. Colt's show. Don't get me wrong, I used to love Art of Wrestling, but it really hasn't done anything for me in a long time.

Also, speaking of podcasts and the SAS - JR's interview should be out soon. While I'm excited to hear it, I can't imagine JR will bitch about what happened to him last week. He always takes the high road when it comes to WWE loving around with him.
Wasn't JR on SAS not long ago? Maybe there's a second part but I'm 99% positive there's at least one JR interview posted.

I agree, maybe it's because people are just more honest with Austin but his interviews are much better at drawing out stories and personal poo poo than Colt is.

Plus, it's not like Colt is really known for tough questions. Listen to his interview with Miz if you want to hear a similar podcast where he lets his subject spew a bunch of tone-deaf bullshit and never ask a single tough or decent question.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yes, JR has already had a 2 parter but last week he went on the show again to record...right after his "retirement".

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yes, JR has already had a 2 parter but last week he went on the show again to record...right after his "retirement".

Aw drat, didn't know that. Sounds like a must-listen, because you just know that JR must be salty as a motherfucker over that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Colt has known Sunny for quite a while. I think he once talked about him and Punk pretending she was their mom for some crazy love triangle episode of Jerry Springer they tried to get on

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Colt has known Sunny for quite a while. I think he once talked about him and Punk pretending she was their mom for some crazy love triangle episode of Jerry Springer they tried to get on

:stare:

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

oatgan posted:

I want to hear more about this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HulkaMatt posted:

BUT JUST ME AND GOOG.

Best podcast you've ever done :unsmith:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

oatgan posted:

That was Sensational Sherri IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

sweet_jones posted:

I want to hear more about this.

I can't remember the exact details, but they talk about it on the Mad Man Pondo episode. Pondo was a "scout" of sorts for Springer and often brought in his friends and other workers for episodes.

• Locked thread