Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
OATH COMPLETE

EDIT:
The backs of my mighty Orks with some freehand glyphs.

Bucnasti fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nathonicus
May 2, 2013
Oath complete!

Detektuv's Jurnal accomplished!

Kept it simple this month by oathing only a singly mini. I had a lot of fun painting her. Originally she was just a fun project - found her in the "secret stash" of minis at a FLGS and picked her up for 50 cents - but now some folks up here are playing Godslayer, and I think she might fit in swell in a Celtic force.

She's a nice little mini and I'm really pleased with the striping on the trousers. I tried a little something different on her by painting a "warm/cool" layer first of blues and siennas to further add depth to the shading and highlighting that would come later. You can kind of see it in her color bone where the blue shading shows through the most - that's the first lay er of paint. Overall, I think it worked pretty good!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I forgot to post Aww, it's a baby! but this is my first oath, so there you go.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Are the triangles on the shield freehand? If they are, that'd qualify for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I forgot to post Aww, it's a baby! but this is my first oath, so there you go.

I gotcha.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Leperflesh posted:

Are the triangles on the shield freehand? If they are, that'd qualify for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal.

Why yes they are, I didn't realize something like that would count. Some of them also have freehand glyphs on their backs. I can take another pic if you'd like.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

Why yes they are, I didn't realize something like that would count. Some of them also have freehand glyphs on their backs. I can take another pic if you'd like.

I think that would be a good idea! Show off your figure for the judges. Edit it into your Oath Complete post, and I'll give you the points now.

e. Oh yeah, and since it's 6 figures that's a Themed Group, too.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse oath for September three XV-8 Crisis battle suits with two gun drones

**BIGGER**
28mm
Games workshop, 40k line
Themed group

The 3 suits are primed white, the plasma rifles, 'drone controller' and the two gun drones are not primed at all.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C, Oath complete

Battlewagon:

Warboss:

Biker Nob

Nob:

Freehand = all the checks and hazard stripes + the flames on the Wagon and bikes.

Fly your flag for the Waaagh banner on the bike.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, Oath this Forgeworld Decimator, unfortunate power squat and all.

Adding one Infinity Yuan Yuan Mercenary to my Oath:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:I am adding Magnus the Traitor, a Mangler, Talon, and 2 Renegades to my September oath! :siren:
These are Privateer Press

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I,Namenlos, oath this rad Sons of Horus banner bearer

Just so I'm clear, I'm going to freehand the banner, can I still oath this for Fly your flag?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

My wife is away this weekend, I'd planned a lot of hobby time so I could get started on my oath.. So naturally something has to disrupt those plans right? What happens? Scratched cornea! gently caress my life, the PAIN.

*sob*

I've tried painting anyway, it isn't much fun but I'm making slow progress :v:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Namenlos posted:

Just so I'm clear, I'm going to freehand the banner, can I still oath this for Fly your flag?

I'm reasonably sure the answer to this was no - however, if you freehand, say, an Eye of Horus onto his blank shoulder pad, and still paint the banner, I think you'd be good for both.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse oath for September three XV-8 Crisis battle suits with two gun drones

Dagon posted:

Adding one Infinity Yuan Yuan Mercenary to my Oath:

What kind of oath addition is this? Gotta Do This (finish by end of the month) or Alternate Universe (no time limit)?

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:I am adding Magnus the Traitor, a Mangler, Talon, and 2 Renegades to my September oath! :siren:
These are Privateer Press

Same question as above.

Namenlos posted:

See this post: the Fly Your Flag and this month's Jurnal are separate things. As thespaceinvader mentions however, if you freehand something on the model holding the flag, you get the Jurnal points.

These are all Accepted, however some of you need to clarify your oath addition.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

See this post: the Fly Your Flag and this month's Jurnal are separate things. As thespaceinvader mentions however, if you freehand something on the model holding the flag, you get the Jurnal points.

If I just freehand the banner, and not Fky My Flag, will I still get the jurnal points?

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

krushgroove posted:

What kind of oath addition is this? Gotta Do This (finish by end of the month) or Alternate Universe (no time limit)?

Same question as above.

It's for this month. I said I was adding it to September!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, sorry, missed that. Just trying to make it easier for Leperflesh to record this stuff!

Namenlos posted:

If I just freehand the banner, and not Fky My Flag, will I still get the jurnal points?

You can NOT claim the Fly Your Flag one-time bonus, saving that for a later model, and freehand the banner to get the Jurnal points.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

This month.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

krushgroove posted:

Was this question to me? It was above another quote where a person added an oath, but I didn't. It is a plain old oath. Am I missing some rhetoric I should be using to clarify that this is my first oath of the month?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I, Achmed Jones, hereby oath this cow, from Redoubt Enterprises and this duck, also from Redoubt Enterprises.

You'll also notice some dice in there, but if I understand correctly I do not need to oath them to use them for both I Rolled a Six! and the current freehand Jurnal. This is good, because I have no idea how many I'm going to do. Greater than or equal to one.

e: They're listed as "25/28mm" as far as scale goes.

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 14, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

OK, sorry, missed that. Just trying to make it easier for Leperflesh to record this stuff!

Unless someone specifically says they want to do an Alternate Universe oath, I always assume they're just adding to the current month. I make this assumption probably ten or so times a month, so far there hasn't been any confusion about it.

quote:

You can NOT claim the Fly Your Flag one-time bonus, saving that for a later model, and freehand the banner to get the Jurnal points.

This statement could be read two ways.

Here is what krushgroove means:

You can either freehand paint your flag to claim the Fly your Flag bonus, OR you can freehand paint your flag to claim the September Detektuv's Jurnal points, but not both.

If you want to claim both bonuses this month, you must freehand something else in addition to freehanding the flag.

Note however that the bar for the Detekuv's Jurnal is fairly low: freehanding some stripes or triangles or something on a cloak, a glyph on a shoulderpad, a tattoo on a face or arm, a tartan plaid on a dress, any of these will qualify.

Achmed Jones posted:

I, Achmed Jones, hereby oath this cow, from Redoubt Enterprises and this duck, also from Redoubt Enterprises.

You'll also notice some dice in there, but if I understand correctly I do not need to oath them to use them for both I Rolled a Six! and the current freehand Jurnal. This is good, because I have no idea how many I'm going to do. Greater than or equal to one.

I'll leave it to krushgroove to figure out the rules for the I Rolled a Six thing, but; what scale are Cow and Duck, please?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 14, 2013

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I'll leave it to krushgroove to figure out the rules for the I Rolled a Six thing, but; what scale are Cow and Duck, please?

25 or 28mm. The website says "25/28mm" for their sculpts in general and there isn't anything more specific on the product page. Hopefully that bit of vague information is enough to cover any procedural questions :shobon: Sorry for the omission!

e: Don't worry about the dice/freehand thing, it's irrelevant now, as I decided to go with a freehanded holstein pattern on the cow. Of course, others might have the same question, but at least now it isn't quite so pressing.

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 14, 2013

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Holy crap, oath time! I went on vacation for weeks, so I am only now home and able to oath again. This means I'll keep it small to fit into the remaining time.

:siren: I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Miniatures Kyla, Bounty Hunter, for the month of September :siren:

I will probably be doing boxart for this one, let's see how that goes.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Oath complete!

I am claiming the Jurnal for the spots on the cow (and the markings on the duck, for that matter) and I Rolled a Six for the set of dice in the script of Angerthas Moria. In other news, I stink at lettering and do not enjoy it in the slightest. It's a set of custom dice, but oh boy howdy it is decidedly not a good-looking set of custom dice.

I am also claiming the Strike a Pose one-time bonus:

"I don't know, she looks sick" said Arl. "No no my friend, that is just her breed," countered the merchant. "She is a fine cow, but for you, I will offer her half price. Only five pieces of gold. And remember, she is a milker, not a beef cow. She will provide milk for your children, cheese for your wife, and butter for you. This is not a purchase, but an investment!"

Arl looked into the cow's eyes. The were brown and round and dumb. The farmer saw himself in that cow's eyes - he saw the years of meaningless toil, scraping a meager existence from the barren earth. He saw his children's hunger when the winter freeze outlasted the grain in the silo. He fingered the eight gold in his purse, his life savings, and thought about Francis. Arl's brother had set sail for Marqash a year ago, and hadn't been heard from since. That eight gold could buy his family passage south, away from the bitter winters and infertile soil. If Francis was established, they could even work together, and if not - well, anything was better than farming the frozen Northlands. "Keep your cow," Arl said at little more than a whisper. "We're heading south."

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 19, 2013

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

This statement could be read two ways.

Here is what krushgroove means:

You can either freehand paint your flag to claim the Fly your Flag bonus, OR you can freehand paint your flag to claim the September Detektuv's Jurnal points, but not both.

If you want to claim both bonuses this month, you must freehand something else in addition to freehanding the flag.

Note however that the bar for the Detekuv's Jurnal is fairly low: freehanding some stripes or triangles or something on a cloak, a glyph on a shoulderpad, a tattoo on a face or arm, a tartan plaid on a dress, any of these will qualify.

Thanks Leperflesh; I just want to e super-clear because I'm doing something ridiculously complicated on the banner, and I would hate to go to all that effort + freehand something on the shoulder pad, and ONLY have the shoulderpad used as judging for the freehand points, if you get my drift.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Was this question to me? It was above another quote where a person added an oath, but I didn't. It is a plain old oath. Am I missing some rhetoric I should be using to clarify that this is my first oath of the month?

You're fine, I was replying below the relevant posts I quoted. Sorry for the confusion.

Achmed Jones posted:

e: They're listed as "25/28mm" as far as scale goes.

This is/was accepted

Ashcans posted:

Holy crap, oath time! I went on vacation for weeks, so I am only now home and able to oath again. This means I'll keep it small to fit into the remaining time.

:siren: I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Miniatures Kyla, Bounty Hunter, for the month of September :siren:

I will probably be doing boxart for this one, let's see how that goes.

accepted

Namenlos posted:

Thanks Leperflesh; I just want to e super-clear because I'm doing something ridiculously complicated on the banner, and I would hate to go to all that effort + freehand something on the shoulder pad, and ONLY have the shoulderpad used as judging for the freehand points, if you get my drift.

Yes Leperflesh nailed it, sorry, he's a far better technical writer than me (I'm just wordy I guess). If you want to go all-out to get the Jurnal points then don't claim the Fly Your Flag bonus and do that one something else. Sorry this month is really confusing with the Jurnal/marker/flag thing - something that we/I didn't anticipate when I came up with the bonuses!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Double posting to oath my first Orks! Also my first Blood Bowl team.

I, krushgroove, oath 14 GW Blood Bowl orks for September.

I hope no one minds - I'm not in it for prizes, just for painting!

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

I'd like to clean it up a bit more, but it's getting to the time of the year when work consumes all of my time, so I'd rather turn this in now than miss the deadline, like the first time I tried to oath.

Detektuvs Jurnal: A chapter symbol!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath three Ravenwing Black Knights, One Librarian, and one Dark Angels Jawa by Games Workshop for September

I am adding an Aegis Defense Line to my oath

Do I need to submit a picture of a ruler with this, since it's fairly standard terrain that a lot of folks have? Does the box of Cheerios give an appropriate idea of the scale?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

I am adding an Aegis Defense Line to my oath
Do I need to submit a picture of a ruler with this, since it's fairly standard terrain that a lot of folks have? Does the box of Cheerios give an appropriate idea of the scale?

No ruler needed, although that box better not be single-serving size :v:

Accepted

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You of all people don't have a painted Aegis line already?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You of all people don't have a painted Aegis line already?

I got it for a tournament during the summer, but it was ruled that we wouldn't be using fortifications so I kept it in its box. After a lot of people complaining they couldn't use their ADLs and the like, they decided to change it with the upcoming tourney. I got tabled twice because I had no anti-air, and I wasn't going to use units that weren't thematic to my Valhallans BECAUSE THEME MATTERS DAMMIT.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Not sure what the protocol is here, but one of my (soon to be ex) housemates got high as gently caress over the weekend and smashed a bunch of poo poo up, including the metro I had as part of my oath. I have literally no idea where it or it's parts are now, so I can't really recover it, can I just sort of remove it from my oath? I'm going to Oath another Infinity model to have a swing at those sweet, sweet prizes, but I wasn't sure what happened when part of an oath is destroyed.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DAAAAAAAYUUUUUMMMM!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Not sure what the protocol is here, but one of my (soon to be ex) housemates got high as gently caress over the weekend and smashed a bunch of poo poo up, including the metro I had as part of my oath. I have literally no idea where it or it's parts are now, so I can't really recover it, can I just sort of remove it from my oath? I'm going to Oath another Infinity model to have a swing at those sweet, sweet prizes, but I wasn't sure what happened when part of an oath is destroyed.

Wow, that's pretty hosed up.

I tell you what: I haven't discussed this with Krushgroove, but I think it would be fair if you replaced your broken/lost model with a different model of similar size. This way, it would be obvious to everyone that you aren't trying to reduce the overall size of your oath. This is a special circumstance, so it's not something I'm proposing to let everyone do whenever they want, but I think with 15 days left in the month it's also probably not too onerous for you to deal with starting one of your models from scratch at this point.

Good luck with seeing off your horrible roommate.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Thanks, smashing up man-dollies isn't enough to get his tenancy agreement revoked, but luckily for me the death threats were!

:zombie: I, Asphyxious, oath one Ariadna Intel Spec Ops by Corvus Belli. :zombie:

Considering how much effort I want to put into this guy, only having half a month is intimidating as all hell, but I'll make sure to find the time.

Thanks again Leperflesh.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Asphyxious posted:

Wow that's hosed up! I know these are just kid's toys and a stupid hobby to some other people, but yeah that's pretty messed up. Replacing your model is fine. Hopefully that guy is out of your place soon.

That makes me wonder what happened with the goon in the 40K thread whose kids climbed up and destroyed most of his models?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Late, and I apologize, but here's the :siren:JUDGMENT YOU ALL NEED:siren:

1 Point: Brock Samsonite!

It's mostly monochrome, and it has some pretty bold choices involved with the paint, but you know what? From the first time I saw this model, I knew that we had something good here. It screams artistry, in the same deconstructed manner that was popular in the 60's (and is becoming popular again). Keep up the good work!

2 Points: Red Herring!

Single models can be tough if you are going for display purposes, but you got it right with this one. Every detail is clean and crisp, every color carefully chosen and balanced, and overall proficiently executed; the mark of a talented artist.

3 Points: Slimnoid!

Again, we have quality over quantity, and this one is definitely quality. Aside from getting every detail on the model, you added freehand, gradient transitions, OSL, and even worked the monthly theme in there! Extremely good showing, and some of your best work to date. I'm not even going to get into the volume you pumped out this month, but it was certainly a factor.

Special Cool Kid's Point: Mmmtheblue!

So, there were a ton of models that had a ton of great weathering. I choose yours because, seriously, who else would weather the bottom of a tank? Just you buddy.

Note to Krushgroove I am unsure if Slimnoid can get 3 points as I awarded him 1 last month. If this is the case, please get in contact with me via email, and I will adjust accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Sole.Sushi posted:

Note to Krushgroove I am unsure if Slimnoid can get 3 points as I awarded him 1 last month. If this is the case, please get in contact with me via email, and I will adjust accordingly.

The Bachtere Clause MkII states "Anyone who receives first or second place from a judge will only be eligible for points for third place the next month. An oather may receive bonus points from more than one judge during a month." So I think he's OK for you to give him first place!

• Locked thread