Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Read like a topic sentence to me, making it a valid paragraph worthy of any high school english course. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radge
Jan 21, 2005

SofaScore is my favourite scores app and it's been updated for iOS 7.

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

status posted:

I don't get why people complain about apps not working properly on an operating system that isn't released yet. Sleep Cycle hasn't been updated for iOS7. iOS7 betas are meant for people developing software for iOS7. It's your own fault if you're using it for anything else.

You sound like a bit of a jackass here, to be quite honest. Chances are he's updated to the GM, which is (barring an emergency fix) identical to the release version you'll get next week. It's not "his fault", and he wasn't complaining, but sharing a useful bit of information for others who may not know that certain apps re-ask for permissions on update, regardless of whether the app is updated or not.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

SunknLiner posted:

It's not "his fault", and he wasn't complaining, but sharing a useful bit of information for others who may not know that certain apps re-ask for permissions on update, regardless of whether the app is updated or not.

The app was asking for a permission that did not exist before iOS7, which it cannot support yet because developers were not allowed to submit iOS7 builds until 2 days ago. It doesn't matter if he's on GM. The OS isn't released yet. It's 100% his own fault that the app did not work correctly when he was using it with an OS that it could not possibly support yet.

Anyways, enough of this silly argument. I'm sure Sleep Cycle will be updated very soon. Apple is probably swamped with iOS7 stuff right now...

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002
[img]platypus[/img] The platypus stands as a testament to my own stupidity
I had gotten 'Rise' free from starbucks and had been trying it out, but being on the 7 Beta it didn't seem to actually go off in the morning, even if it was sitting in the foreground like it should. I just moved back to the stock clock alarm instead of trying anything else out. They must have changed something in how these alarm clocks work that broke them.

Definitely an annoyance but they'll get fixed soon since they're accepting iOS7 submissions now.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
If it helps at all, UNIQLO is still working for alarms for me.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
Try theScore for sports. Not a lot of blog content but great for global sports.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
drat, lots of sports apps to try out. Will check out sofascore and theScore!

japtor posted:

Any chance you could switch and wait for a 5S or is that out of your price range? The M7 motion chip stuff could be a big deal as far as usability for fitness stuff.

I got my iPhone from someone who picked up a new Samsung phone through work and didn't need the old one anymore. I won't be switching to any new model soon. The last phone I used was a Sony Ericsson walkman. :buddy:

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Question Mark Mound posted:

If it helps at all, UNIQLO is still working for alarms for me.

Rise also worked fine for me on the GM this morning, although I had to enter my unlock code to put it in snooze mode and then turn it off. That might actually help me wake up a little better though, so not too bothered.

Smoot
Feb 18, 2006

ashgromnies posted:

Dolby is a greedy poo poo sack of a company who forced developers to remove AC3 support if they didn't pay them a licensing fee.

That means It's Playing and Goodplayer don't play back my videos with AC3 audio :(

Is there a media player for iOS that supports AC3 and streaming over SMB?

Have you tried It's Playing recently? It got updated a couple of days ago, and the change notes mentioned AC3 decoding returning to the app:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/its-playing/id442839861?mt=8

I haven't tried it myself yet though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Is there a good Google Play Music app? As far as I can tell, the only ones out there are glorified browsers with the ability to play music in the background, don't support All Access, or both.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

1st AD posted:

Is there a good Google Play Music app? As far as I can tell, the only ones out there are glorified browsers with the ability to play music in the background, don't support All Access, or both.

I use GoMusic, but I don't know what All Access is.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
All Access is Google's version of Spotify, you pay a monthly subscription and get access to a huge library of music.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

1st AD posted:

All Access is Google's version of Spotify, you pay a monthly subscription and get access to a huge library of music.

Then as far as I know GoMusic doesn't do that, but in a week you'll have iTunes Radio.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

1st AD posted:

Not really. The best one I've found is Cloud Play. Google really needs to stop loving around and release an official app though.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

radge posted:

SofaScore is my favourite scores app and it's been updated for iOS 7.

I just downloaded this and its pretty good sofa

ahahahaha

fjom
Mar 6, 2006
Lurker Extraordinaire
I like to keep my iphone on a stand on my desk have it display something. Some apps that do what I want are:

XScreenSaver - The leader in the clubhouse. Has tons of screensavers and options and. Some of my favorite: Deco, GL Snake, Memscroller, Pacman. My only complaint is most of the animations are wire-frame and I would prefer more of cartoony look.

Land Air Sea Warfare - RTS game that allows AI vs AI skirmishes. The problem with this is you need to manually move the camera to see what's going on. Also I need to setup a new game everytime a skirmish finishes.

Epic Astro Story - After i finished the game, I was left with a city full of tourists and workers that provide plenty of animation, altough it gets a little boring after a while.

Photovine and ScreenFeeder - Nice to have a picture slideshow but use too much of my mobile data plan

Red Clock - Practical but boring

I would like to have something like an auto restarting Grand Prix Story race or Pocket League Story match (can you tell I like Kairosoft Games?)

Does anyone have other suggestions for 0-player games / Screensavers?

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

maduin posted:

Not really. The best one I've found is Cloud Play. Google really needs to stop loving around and release an official app though.

If Google put some effort behind Google Play and the different areas like music, books, and games it could be a force. However, it seems to be languishing on the side.

They could be a serious competitor to iTunes and Amazon if they wanted but I am getting off track.

Sorry.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Recommendation for the best shopping list app?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Grocery Gadget is really good. Universal, syncs live as you're shopping, has a web portal for even easier entries. You can save by store, set weekly groceries. All around really loving awesome once you set it up.

Unrelated, but does anyone else here uses Documents by Readdle. For the longest time it's been my go-to PDF app in both phone and iPad. I use it almost daily to go over project specifications and the indexing / PDF search has been invaluable. However, since the last update or so indexing seems to be broken. On my phone it just doesn't index at all (stuck at procession 1 of X). On my iPad it says its all indexed but searches yield no results.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is there a better PDF/Files apps available I can switch to? Preferably Universal if its paid (gently caress you, GoodReader)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 14, 2013

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Josh Lyman posted:

Does it need to do anything other than just be a list of items you want to buy on that trip which you then check off? In which case, the stock Reminders app can do that.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

I came in here to post about this, but I need something more specific.

It needs to have a companion Mac app (doesn't need to be app store) that offers sync (iCloud or whatever) to the mobile app. The main function is to store and organize recipes, but it needs to be able to build easy shopping lists out of those recipes and have the ability to add other stuff to the list. It also needs to be able to be checked off as I go shopping and pick up stuff.

Not crazy expensive is a plus.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Kingnothing posted:

It needs to have a companion Mac app (doesn't need to be app store) that offers sync (iCloud or whatever) to the mobile app. The main function is to store and organize recipes, but it needs to be able to build easy shopping lists out of those recipes and have the ability to add other stuff to the list. It also needs to be able to be checked off as I go shopping and pick up stuff.

Evernote? It's not a grocery-specific app, but it's on all platforms and it's free. You can make a notebook for your recipes and then easily make checkbox lists for the ingredients, and add whatever else you need.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Josh Lyman posted:

I always like using ShopShop

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

Josh Lyman posted:

My wife and I are liking OurGroceries. It syncs with the website and each other's phones, which is pretty much what we want.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yes I also use ourgroceries it works pretty well!

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Kingnothing posted:

Paprika Recipe Manager is exactly what you want. It's a great recipe manager, and also allows you to make grocery lists from the recipes. It has a mac app and the recipes are synced, but I don't know if the grocery lists are as well. The grocery list does everything you want beside that. It's a bit on the pricey side though.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I know it's only $1 but if I have a grandfathered WhatsApp account will they let me switch it to a new iPhone or is it really tied to the exact device like the menu seems to claim?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I was under the impression it was tied to your phone number

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Is there anything with greasemonkey/tampermonkey/scriptish functionality for iOS?

I have a greasemonkey script that I'd like to be able to use on my iphone/ipad.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
RunPee is currently free, go get it; it's useful for knowing if there's stuff in a movie after the credits.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Can someone with the new Reeder 2.0 app convey why it is (or isn't) a worthwhile upgrade? I'm ok with current Reeder since I migrated to feedly or one of those new services that spring up after Google reader died. So not sure why I'd want to change.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Don Tacorleone posted:

Can someone with the new Reeder 2.0 app convey why it is (or isn't) a worthwhile upgrade? I'm ok with current Reeder since I migrated to feedly or one of those new services that spring up after Google reader died. So not sure why I'd want to change.

New, more iOS7 friendly UI. Better sharing bar. Improved compatibility with new services. Ground-up rewrite of the app; it feels smoother and nicer across the board and doesn't seem to hit my battery as much.

Was worth it for me since I use FeedWrangler. Not sure if there were many changes for Feedly support though. YMMV. I've gotten so much mileage out of Reeder I was glad to give Silvio Rizzi another $5, so.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I think the big benefit is that it's the first iPad version to support anything other than Google Reader.

SwiftStrikerInc
Feb 5, 2002
[img]platypus[/img] The platypus stands as a testament to my own stupidity

Diabolik900 posted:

I think the big benefit is that it's the first iPad version to support anything other than Google Reader.

This is the reason I bought it. Honestly if I were just using the iPhone I would just stick with the old version. The new one is quite nice, but for some reason the new one (at least on the iPhone) doesn't do landscape, which I found much nicer to read on when lying in bed. Not a huge deal, since the it does seem to be much cleaner and faster.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
Apparently Apple is now prompting you to install the "last compatible app version" for people on older iOS versions.

http://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/1mjw36/people_with_old_ios_devices_you_can_now_install/

Pretty cool. Makes people with the original iPad happy I bet.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

SwiftStrikerInc posted:

This is the reason I bought it. Honestly if I were just using the iPhone I would just stick with the old version. The new one is quite nice, but for some reason the new one (at least on the iPhone) doesn't do landscape, which I found much nicer to read on when lying in bed. Not a huge deal, since the it does seem to be much cleaner and faster.

The landscape thing definitely seems like an oversight because it won't do videos in landscape either. Overall though it's a great update, it looks fantastic and it's really speedy.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
So I've been hesitant to update the Pandora app on my iPhone as I've heard from a few people that toggling the silent switch will mute or pause playback. Is this true- confirm/deny?

I recall reading it in the Release Notes two udpates ago but I can't find mention of it now.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
This is probably better in here....I had a really weird problem with Sleep Cycle this morning that I assume is because it's hitting something in iOS 7- my alarm was set for between 6:30 and 7:00, but it didn't make any noise until 7:30 (exactly), and I couldn't turn the sound off at that point. The app had crashed, and if I reopened it, it would black screen for a few seconds, then close again. I even tried playing music in the Music app, but the alarm tone kept playing in the background. I was only able to get the sound to stop by turning my phone off. I obviously don't know if it was an iOS 7 thing, but I've been using that app for over a year and never had an issue like that (been on the 7 final release for about a week).

Figured I'd tell people about it since that's a pretty popular app and 7's out via OTA now, don't want goons waking up late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Just checked Downcast's twitter feed and it seems that their iOS 7 UI update is currently pending review. I can't wait, seeing as it's by far my most used app!

• Locked thread