Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Baby Proof posted:

I set J17 to
=if(F17="Input All Time Cookies Baked","None",sqrt((F17+(B17*B17*1000000000000))/1000000000000)-B17)

This takes your existing heavenly chips into account. I haven't tested it out yet, and I don't know if the game rounds your heavenly chips earned up or not.

I tried to do this, but I get an error. Circular Dependency Detected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm posting from my phone but I posted an equation that works a few pages ago. It goes in the square to the right of the "cookies earned if you reset" box.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I had to closer my browser window because for whatever reason Cookie Clicker decided to start eating 12% of my CPU at all times. Anyone else facing something like this?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a problem with your browser, not Cookie Clicker. Just about every major browser starts hogging your CPU and RAM like it's candy after a while.

edit: Hell, the game could have a memory leak of its own too, I dunno. :shrug:

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

It's Chrome, and it's ONLY Cookie Clicker. The moment I open it my CPU jumps up to around 12-15%. I tried a bunch of different pages I figure would do it too off and on and no other page does this. Even in incognito mode with no extensions, it still does it. It's driving me crazy, I miss my goddamn cookies.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I've been running this game for hours on Chrome with no major effects. I'm running other things in the background, including a small game, and I'm at around 20% cpu usage. I feel like it's something specific to your computer.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

turnways posted:

It's Chrome, and it's ONLY Cookie Clicker. The moment I open it my CPU jumps up to around 12-15%. I tried a bunch of different pages I figure would do it too off and on and no other page does this. Even in incognito mode with no extensions, it still does it. It's driving me crazy, I miss my goddamn cookies.

Maybe it's an issue with Java?

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

My Java's up to date, but that could be something. I have a feeling it's something visual, though, because I just started it up again to test and it went back up to 15%, but when I clicked over to another tab it dropped down to 1%. So I did something to kinda partially fix it, as now it only drives my CPU usage up whenever it's the active tab.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Except it's Javascript. Not Java. Two totally different things.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Did you try turning off all the fancy graphics? I was noticing a little slowdown, but it cleared up when I turned off all the graphics options.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Wittgen posted:

Did you try turning off all the fancy graphics? I was noticing a little slowdown, but it cleared up when I turned off all the graphics options.

Hah! That was it. Apparently the falling cookies and milk were taking a poo poo on my CPU.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

FetusSlapper posted:

Can somebody post the script that makes the numbers easier to parse?

function Beautify (value, notation) {
notation = ['', ' thousand', ' million', ' billion', ' trillion', ' quadrillion', ' quintillion', ' sextillion', ' septillion'];
base = 0;
while(value >= 1000){
value /= 1000;
base++;
}
value = Math.round(value * 10) / 10.0;
if(base < notation.length){
return value + notation[base];
}
return 'to many';
}
Game.RebuildStore();

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I made a mistake. I visited the page and pressed the cookie. It is too late to stop now.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I hope the dungeon have an artifact that lets grandmas derive a CPS boost based on Cursor CPS. And vice versa :unsmigghh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I hope that once you buy enough grandmas you can line them all up and make a dungeon out of them. A grandma dungeon with grandma rewards that boost grandmas.

"Writhe" - Grandma

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is there any reason to have a huge pile of cookies lying around, or should I be spending as soon as I have enough to buy something?

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

turnways posted:

Hah! That was it. Apparently the falling cookies and milk were taking a poo poo on my CPU.

Oh for gently caress sakes so that's what happened.
...to the cookiemobile!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Pope Guilty posted:

Is there any reason to have a huge pile of cookies lying around, or should I be spending as soon as I have enough to buy something?

After a while you're going to run out of cheap things to buy, and have to spend a few trillion on just one building.

e: Oh, well carry on then.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 14, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Waffle! posted:

After a while you're going to run out of cheap things to buy, and have to spend a few trillion on just one building.

I'm to the point of having a few quadrillion stored up, and I've just realized that if the heavenly chips are based on total made, there's no reason for that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So if future updates will have more buildings that means we'll have more grandmas, right?

Cybergrannies? Adventurer grannies?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You will be able to go into each individual building and property you own and buy grandmas for every single one. MORE GRANDMAS. MORE.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

More grandmas for the grandma god!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I clicked a golden cookie and it gave all my mouseclicks x777 bonus. :getin:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

SynthOrange posted:

I clicked a golden cookie and it gave all my mouseclicks x777 bonus. :getin:

So did you click the cookie?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I clicked it like you wouldnt believe.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

I clicked it like you wouldnt believe.

I think you'll find that I'm shockingly good at believing.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I feel like I've failed somehow as a human by falling into this.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Germstore posted:

I feel like I've failed somehow as a human by falling into this.

Hidden achievement: When you get to a billion cookies per second, if you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of all hope for your future crumbling into dust.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

One of the golden cookie bonuses gives you either 20 minutes worth of cookies or 10% of your bank, whichever is smaller. So it's good to have at least 200 minutes worth of cookies if you want to capitalize on that.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Why are cookies currency that you can buy things with?

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

baby puzzle posted:

Why are cookies currency that you can buy things with?

A better question is why are they NOT currency that you buy things with IRL?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
And an even better question is why haven't we made a cookie that doesn't have an expiration date? A cookie that stays just as good as the minute it came out of the oven.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

troofs posted:

Hidden achievement: When you get to a billion cookies per second, if you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of all hope for your future crumbling into dust.

Yes, but cookie dust :getin:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

So, the next upgrade is 11 hours away. I think I'm done with this game.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

So, the next upgrade is 11 hours away. I think I'm done with this game.

Click golden cookies and 11 hours becomes 20 minutes.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

Click golden cookies and 11 hours becomes 20 minutes.

Or just go to work and/or bed

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Or just wait for dungeons to be released like me.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Or reset and get prestige.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I didn't know resetting a second time for prestige took into account your previous prestige chip count. I only got half of what I thought I was going to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I didn't know resetting a second time for prestige took into account your previous prestige chip count. I only got half of what I thought I was going to get.

That's what you get for being greedy.

• Locked thread