Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I just re-watched episode 21 with my girlfriend, and man I cannot wait for the OST of this show to come out. I desperately need the song that played during the female titan battle scene, it was just. Too good.

Does anyone know if/when/how the OST to this show will be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

gnome7 posted:

I just re-watched episode 21 with my girlfriend, and man I cannot wait for the OST of this show to come out. I desperately need the song that played during the female titan battle scene, it was just. Too good.

The first volume's already out, and it has the song you want!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Yeah, the first OST released has that song. It's called Attack on Titan, and it's the first song on the listing. They seem to have taken out the vocals for that particular scene, though.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This show has the saddest fanart.
spoilers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDIT: Eh.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 12, 2013

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Sylphid posted:

Yeah, the first OST released has that song. It's called Attack on Titan, and it's the first song on the listing. They seem to have taken out the vocals for that particular scene, though.

The vocals are totally in that scene; it's why I wanted the OST in the first place. She's belting her lungs out while Eren is screaming in the female titan's face and it's glorious.

Thanks everyone! I did not know it was out yet, this is fantastic news. I have now placed an order for the CD, thanks kindly.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Genocyber posted:

Because that's bad why...?
It's not. Both threads own.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

It's not. Both threads own.

It sounded like you were mocking the threads for that.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Genocyber posted:

It sounded like you were mocking the threads for that.
I probably have 400 hilarious images because of these two threads, not to mention the top quality discussion. They're great.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Yeah, that's been out. There's gonna be another cd, though, on Oct 16. Samples here. http://visual.ponycanyon.co.jp/pickup/visual2/pcxg50274/

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

Yeah, that's been out. There's gonna be another cd, though, on Oct 16. Samples here. http://visual.ponycanyon.co.jp/pickup/visual2/pcxg50274/
Good to hear that there's a second OST coming out. Seems like Sawano is doing a few remixes here and there.

Metrodextrous
Aug 6, 2007

alright dude whatever

i hope ur asshole grows shut
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08iQ-U3osZU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

mother of god

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Could someone give me a quick translation or some context? I'm not really sure what happened. All I know is that it seems to be Free! related, I think. I guess not...

e: And I didn't realize it was English. :doh:

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 14, 2013

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Also from that guy's channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RItUj3bCgEI

ViggyNash posted:

Could someone give me a quick translation or some context? I'm not really sure what happened. All I know is that it seems to be Free! related, I think.

???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYYjZeErFks

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

ViggyNash posted:

Could someone give me a quick translation or some context? I'm not really sure what happened. All I know is that it seems to be Free! related, I think.

I've never done translating before but:

Hey how ya doin' lil' mama let me whisper in ya ear

Tell ya somethin' that you might like to hear

Got a sexy rear end body and ya rear end look soft

and just wait til ya see my dick

OOOOOO

For context: Irwin wants to gently caress eren

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Ahaha

hahahaha

hahaha

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Vincent Valentine posted:

I've never done translating before but:

Hey how ya doin' lil' mama let me whisper in ya ear

Tell ya somethin' that you might like to hear

Got a sexy rear end body and ya rear end look soft

and just wait til ya see my dick

OOOOOO

For context: Irwin wants to gently caress eren

The English Dub is shaping up nicely, I was a bit worried but they nailed the voice actor for Irwin.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Metrodextrous posted:

I'll just leave this here.
Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zJzYJIkWLs

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

This is amazing. :allears:

late edit: How the hell did I put a "the" in there?

my dad fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 14, 2013

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

That is the happiest that song has ever made me, despite me voting for it as "The Most Crushingly Embarassing Song of My Generation When it is Inevitably Revisited in Hindsight". Thank you, goons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh my god that episode felt so slow. I didn't actually have anything wrong with what was shown, it's just I wanted it to get to THAT MOMENT, I just really wanted to see it and I got it and it was awesome. Just getting there was painful.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Kind of a lot of mess to clean up in just a couple episodes, considering the pace of things.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They gave us a bunch of new characters not to get emotionally attached to.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

I said come in! posted:

They gave us a bunch of new characters not to get emotionally attached to.

Voiced by Sugita Tomokazu, no less.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Was it me, or was the first...20 minutes or so of that episode animated by someone else? It didn't match the style AT ALL. Once Armin showed up it looked about right, I guess. Or better, at least.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
That first bit felt like a different anime at times to me, too. Annie's scenes in general seemed kind of seemed weird throughout the whole thing, to me.

It's not just this episode, though. There are some scenes were things just seem different; I don't know if companies in Japan outsource as often as they do in US animation, but that's kind of what it felt like at times.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 15, 2013

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Really cool idea story wise, but the execution was really bad. It felt like way too big a leap from the last episode and it wasn't well directed. I didn't feel any tension at all when the moment hit. In fact, I felt so little that it confused the hell out of me when I realized what had just happened.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I really liked it and had no real qualms about it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Backslap posted:

There are some scenes were things just seem different; I don't know if companies in Japan outsource as often as they do in US animation, but that's kind of what it felt like at times.
I think most inbetweening is outsourced. A lot of anime will have a huge number of Korean or Vietnamese names in their credits.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Episode 23 shows us things that I expected and didn't:

I like that Armin and the rest of them figured it out, but didn't bother explaining that to the audience. It's refreshing to see anime characters who pick up on a plot twist so fast AND writers who trust the audience to follow along. That said, they've chosen a very unfortunate location to start a fight. Seeing her smile is unsettling, but then, she doesn't seem to think she'll get out of this alive.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah, I actually really liked this episode. My eye for quality isn't that great, but I didn't really see much of a difference in terms of animation compared to the other talky episodes.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I like how this episode felt like it was made on the assumption that would we pretty much know the Female Titan's identity.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Stall_19 posted:

I like how this episode felt like it was made on the assumption that would we pretty much know the Female Titan's identity.

Well, it was really obvious.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

John Liver posted:

I like that Armin and the rest of them figured it out, but didn't bother explaining that to the audience. It's refreshing to see anime characters who pick up on a plot twist so fast AND writers who trust the audience to follow along. That said, they've chosen a very unfortunate location to start a fight. Seeing her smile is unsettling, but then, she doesn't seem to think she'll get out of this alive.

Yeah, that's a point I was making earlier, that the character who is stated to be smart actually is smart and picks up on things without needing to spell it out to the audience, or is painfully unaware and doesn't live up to the writer actually calling him smart. I wonder how long Armin is going to keep getting to do that, though.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

jonjonaug posted:

Well, it was really obvious.

And that's why I liked it so much. :xd:

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

John Liver posted:

Personally I find it really disappointing. We're often given direct access to Armin's thoughts, as heard by God or whatever, and yet he somehow keeps this absurdly important information hidden from us? It's deceptive storytelling and a cheap trick to keep it "exciting". Picking and choosing what bits we're exposed to is just inconsistent, not clever in the least. This is far too common in shounen manga, with Naruto having retarded thought bubbles like "Oh my god, the guy who killed him is ..." ending abruptly for a scene change, etc. I realize it happens all the time, but I still hate seeing it.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I liked seeing how corrupt the MP is and still seeing that there are people inside it like Marlow Marco 2.0 trying to change it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo, just how much does the military police know? Are they seriously all in on it? I assumed a faction, not that they're all titan transformers. And how much do the inner wall townsfolk know, to all join in on the attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Phobophilia posted:

Holy poo poo, just how much does the military police know? Are they seriously all in on it? I assumed a faction, not that they're all titan transformers. And how much do the inner wall townsfolk know, to all join in on the attack?

I thought those were just plainclothes Survey Corps dudes.

• Locked thread