Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

muike posted:

You guys got a shout out on a rooster teeth video. You're real big time now. just wait until you're doing stuff with mega64

My schedule's always open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

muike posted:

You guys got a shout out on a rooster teeth video. You're real big time now. just wait until you're doing stuff with mega64

by the way they reference a video with proteus so he's probably really irritated about something and doesn't know why

In which video are they mentioned? I know Michael's a fan, which is funny, considering he's just one of those guys who shouts a lot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TheLoser posted:

In which video are they mentioned? I know Michael's a fan, which is funny, considering he's just one of those guys who shouts a lot.

It was Ray who did a shout out, but I can't remember which video. Possibly the latest Minecraft LP episode.

e: Hey, remember when everyone in here was really baffled by RoosterTeeth getting the "LetsPlay" youtube account?

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
It was this one. Both Michael and Ray reference the Retsupurae of Super BummerBomberman throughout the video.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

flatluigi posted:

It was Ray who did a shout out, but I can't remember which video. Possibly the latest Minecraft LP episode.

e: Hey, remember when everyone in here was really baffled by RoosterTeeth getting the "LetsPlay" youtube account?

I think they did that so they'd have a dedicated Minecraft-and-other-videos channel as opposed to...Achievement Hunter.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
It was in this past week's Versus. Ray and Michael both did a shoutout to the Super Bummerman episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mGs8CcGrQ&hd=1

e: beaten

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, regarding DarksydePhil in Real Life, are the submissions just joke ideas that you will play out yourself or do you want everyone to submit their own videos?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
By the way, since we're talking about Retsupurae, just wanted to say that the Shadow War of Succession videos are by far the funniest thing you guys have done in 2013. I'd totally watch a feature-length wrongpurae if you ever find a sucker to play the whole game for you. It's a shame there's no online multi because a Slowbeef vs Diabetus exhibition match would probably kill me from laughter.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Speedball posted:

Oh, regarding DarksydePhil in Real Life, are the submissions just joke ideas that you will play out yourself or do you want everyone to submit their own videos?

Like he said, it'd be in the same spirit as Adults React to PewDiePie; everyone submits their own videos.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I'm surprised there isn't a separate Retsupurae thread here, but I'm guessing there is probably a reason for that.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Three-Phase posted:

I'm surprised there isn't a separate Retsupurae thread here, but I'm guessing there is probably a reason for that.
It's because last time it degenerated into people trying to be funny and instead just being spiteful and unfunny and being defensive about it. It was all quite sad since it did have some good content but it's an easy topic for things to devolve into name calling or unnecessary circle jerking.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Niggurath posted:

It's because last time it degenerated into people trying to be funny and instead just being spiteful and unfunny and being defensive about it. It was all quite sad since it did have some good content but it's an easy topic for things to devolve into name calling or unnecessary circle jerking.

That is unfortunate but in no way surprising.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Speedball posted:

I think they did that so they'd have a dedicated Minecraft-and-other-videos channel as opposed to...Achievement Hunter.

No, not that they made the channel - that these weird strange people nobody's ever heard of somehow managed to get the LetsPlay channel. :v:

(it was just a few people at first who apparently had no idea they existed, but it still got a kick out of me)

e: That reminds me, is there a Rooster Teeth thread on these forums somewhere? I know there's a Giant Bomb thread, and those two are most of what I watch internet video wise nowadays.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
This ain't no Mars Saga: Let's Play Mines of Titan [SSLP]

OP: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15419

Test/First update: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15418

I think the format could use a little tweaking but for the most part I'm happy with how it looks.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Being a C64 game, I imagine it must have quite the nice soundtrack. Are you going to show that off at all? It's usually pretty nice to listen to music from the game while reading the update.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Pizzatime posted:

Being a C64 game, I imagine it must have quite the nice soundtrack. Are you going to show that off at all? It's usually pretty nice to listen to music from the game while reading the update.

If I can get my hands on it easily yeah. The game files consist of the executable with a bunch of overlays. I'd probably have to record it from the game as it's running, the quality shouldn't suffer much.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Spookydonut posted:

This ain't no Mars Saga: Let's Play Mines of Titan [SSLP]

OP: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15419

Test/First update: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15418

I think the format could use a little tweaking but for the most part I'm happy with how it looks.

Looks good to me, and I'm really really stoked for this. Some people might complain your test update is too short, though, and doesn't show off gameplay proper and the way you're going to handle it.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

CrookedB posted:

Looks good to me, and I'm really really stoked for this. Some people might complain your test update is too short, though, and doesn't show off gameplay proper and the way you're going to handle it.

I actually messed up the save game so I'll have to replay it, and mug some beggars.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Pizzatime posted:

The post posted:

...an MSDOS/Apple II update of a Commodore 64...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm preparing a Torin's Passage SSLP and had a question about how I should set up conversations.

The game loves to revel in its animations, so I thought perhaps animated portraits:

It must have been one powerful sorcerer--or sorceress!
Why? And who around here has such power?
No one I know, but--once there was such a person, but no, Lycentia's been gone for years.
Lycentia? Who's Lycentia?
Oh, I don't think it could possibly be her. She was banished to The Lands Below years ago!
The Lands Below! She must have been evil to be sent there!
Yes. And there's no way you could ever find her down there!
I know what I'll do. I'll find this Lycentia and force her to release my parents.

But I also worry that that would be distracting. Here are still portraits:

It must have been one powerful sorcerer--or sorceress!
Why? And who around here has such power?
No one I know, but--once there was such a person, but no, Lycentia's been gone for years.
Lycentia? Who's Lycentia?
Oh, I don't think it could possibly be her. She was banished to The Lands Below years ago!
The Lands Below! She must have been evil to be sent there!
Yes. And there's no way you could ever find her down there!
I know what I'll do. I'll find this Lycentia and force her to release my parents.

What is preferred?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Blind Sally posted:

I'm preparing a Torin's Passage SSLP and had a question about how I should set up conversations.

The game loves to revel in its animations, so I thought perhaps animated portraits:

You definitely want to use still portraits for dialogue. Save the animations for things where what you're seeing is important. You might even show just small portions of the screen - it was pointed out during my recent LP of the game that they only ever animate a small portion of the screen over a fixed background, and I can never unsee it. Ditto the early Myst games and other contemporary CD-ROM games.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Nidoking posted:

You definitely want to use still portraits for dialogue. Save the animations for things where what you're seeing is important. You might even show just small portions of the screen - it was pointed out during my recent LP of the game that they only ever animate a small portion of the screen over a fixed background, and I can never unsee it. Ditto the early Myst games and other contemporary CD-ROM games.

I'm still really green to .gif editing, so correct me if I'm wrong--would optimizing the gifs allow me to still retain the full-sized screenshot so that it could match the rest of the stills? It would only be the small portion of the screen that's animated, right?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Blind Sally posted:

I'm still really green to .gif editing, so correct me if I'm wrong--would optimizing the gifs allow me to still retain the full-sized screenshot so that it could match the rest of the stills? It would only be the small portion of the screen that's animated, right?

Bah, these days, the limits of what technology could do back then are numbers we ignore. Who measures things in megabytes anymore? You can probably handle a GIF of the full screen, particularly if it's properly optimized. It's only 640x480, right?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

(in response to Blind Sally, proper GIF optimization would actually crazily reduce the overall size of the gif, so you could easily just do that.)

Well, it took a little while, but I'm ready for some judgement.

Let's Get Wound Up by Lollypop!

What is this?
Lollypop is a game that hails from the Amiga days, where platforming took off stronger than any other PC platform of the time. There was quite a lot of garbage, but in between all the wannabes *coughGianacough* there were a number of diamonds in the rough, and this game was one of them. Despite the look and feel, Lollypop was a DOS game first. This opened it up to some troubles and bugs that were thankfully looked into in time for an Amiga release a year later. Both versions of the game are well done overall, and this LP will focus on the original, with its carefully crafted graphics and sound.

About the game
As I don't have a manual handy, all I can provide is directly from the internet. As the story supposedly goes, Lolly is an ordinary doll brought to life after being struck by lightning. Her only goal? To find candy, and lots of it! Her goal is to escape the toy factory from which she came and track down the place where she can finally live out her candy fantasy.

Lollypop: A Primer
Rather than explain every small detail as I go along, here's a summary of basic gameplay information to cut down on in-video explanatory clutter.
Lollypops: Your basic weapon. You start off with the ability to toss one lollypop in an arc, and can gain up to two more by collecting these. You will lose one upon death down to a minimum of one.
Up lollypops: Collecting one of these will allow you to throw a lollypop straight up. You can only collect one, and if you die, you will lose it.
Candy: Extra health. You can survive up to 3 hits, after which a fourth will kill you.
Clock key: An extra life. You can stock a maximum of 9 extra lives.
Film: Lolly has a camera she can use which destroys all minor enemies onscreen, while bosses only take minor damage. 4 can be held at any time.
Shoes: Allows you to jump higher for a short period of time, and its power stacks for higher jumps if you can find more than one.
Clock: Gain extra time. Undeniably invaluable.
Bomb: Destroy all enemies onscreen.
Puzzle piece: You need to find all four of these for the boss to appear at the end of the level. They aren't hidden, but they're difficult to obtain nonetheless.
Weight: Keeps you from jumping for 15 seconds. They'll always be in the least convenient place to lose your jumping ability.
Poison: You take damage.
Mirror: Left+right and up+down get switched.
Mushroom: Controls rotate counter-clockwise. Up is right, down is left, left is up, right is down.
Others: 100 points each.

And now, on with the game.

Level 1: Toy Factory

Video Index

1. Toy Factory

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Blind Sally posted:

Well you can edit out the inventory portion and keep it to some fairly simple animations, which I think Torin seems to do. I was able to make this and it's fairly small...and doesn't look horrid.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

How well GIFs optimize depends on how much movement is going on in the GIF itself, or more technically how many pixels are changing between each frame. If it's, say, a platformer where a character is running and the background is constantly changing, optimization won't really do much. However, if it's a static background and there's not much movement, the GIF can be merely a tiny bit bigger than a normal screenshot. Of course, older games with fewer colors will give you smaller file sizes.

It's best to experiment for yourself and see what kind of sizes you get from animating certain things. You can always cut frames, resize, or crop part of the pic if you really like an animation and want to use it despite getting stuck over 2MB.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thank you for all the gif suggestions. Huge help! I also wondered if there was a freeware version of Gif Movie Gear? I'm using Gif Movie Gear 4 right now and I absolutely love it. It's only got the 30-trial and I'm dreading when it's up. I'm short on cash at present and am trying to save money where I can.

Niggurath posted:

Well you can edit out the inventory portion and keep it to some fairly simple animations, which I think Torin seems to do. I was able to make this and it's fairly small...and doesn't look horrid.

Yeah, this was the look I had envisioned.

Mega64 posted:

How well GIFs optimize depends on how much movement is going on in the GIF itself, or more technically how many pixels are changing between each frame. If it's, say, a platformer where a character is running and the background is constantly changing, optimization won't really do much. However, if it's a static background and there's not much movement, the GIF can be merely a tiny bit bigger than a normal screenshot. Of course, older games with fewer colors will give you smaller file sizes.

It's best to experiment for yourself and see what kind of sizes you get from animating certain things. You can always cut frames, resize, or crop part of the pic if you really like an animation and want to use it despite getting stuck over 2MB.

It's all static images with small movements in specific areas (i.e., picking up an item, talking character, etc.).

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I'm working on how to best do an LP of the Battlefield 3 multiplayer that would be live commentary with a few people I've been playing with for years. If we can capture the essence of what game chat is there and hit all the points we need to I think it could be really fun and interesting for new players and veterans alike. That said, I've been thinking of how to break down mechanics, classes, vehicles and game modes to new players so they aren't confused on why I did this thing or that thing and are given no explanation in the commentary.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing freezeframes and voice over to explain things, using subtitles running along the video, not offering any explanation and a few others. I figured I couldn't realistically do this and not break down certain things, so I have three solutions I'm trying to decide between, which is what I need help with. The ideas are:

1)Short segment of the video before the main action explaining a different aspect of the game or mechanic we'll be seeing. First video would break down the HUD before the game starts, next video would explain infantry and so on.

2)Each update would have two videos, one being the segment mentioned in idea One, the other being the main gameplay. Veterans could avoid the infodump, new players could choose to watch it or not.

3)Straight screenshot/text infodump. I've done this before, it's easy, quick and means I won't have to edit together 10 videos for 30 seconds of gameplay footage and narrate it. Currently my preferred option.

The LP would only be 10-12 videos long and I would try to hit all classes and vehicle types for the LP so there would be footage for everything I would need to talk about. The text and screenshot infodump idea is the most simple and probably my best option because it puts the information there in an easy to understand format and doesn't require listening to me while watching a video before you can watch the video you actually want to see. Does anyone have any opinions on how this should work or am I good to go with option 3?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Definitely the still images, my brain overflowed when trying to read the stuff by the animated ones.

In other news, I've been thinking of either LPing Warcraft III (+TFT) or Starcraft 2 (+HOTS). Strictly single player, though maybe with a few bonus features showing off some of the better custom maps (not called DOTA) if I feel like it.

I've never done an LP before. Well, I did a super snarky Screenshot Sims 2 LP once on another site where I basically just left the AI on which was a bit too easy, but no video LPs. I'm not sure how to maintain commentary in some of the missions. There's only so many times you can say "my strategy is to turtle behind towers and then rush them between waves. The waves in this mission are harder than the last mission because they have a level 10 hero who's a jerk." Maybe add in some snide jokes about the story, and explain the new units or quirky optional quest, and we have a whopping 2.5 minutes of commentary.

I've been test running Warcraft III, and the problem I'm having is it just gets so samey, but I still can't really find a line where I can easily cut. The main difficulty in Warcraft 3 (on hard at least) is attrition, it's rare for a wave to kill you, the missions tend to just be this long string of attacks that slowly damage you more until an hour later suddenly you realize you have no gold and lose. It's not like I can make a cut and say "and here's the difficult wave".

Maybe Starcraft 2 would be better? It at least has a lot more gimmicky nonsense, which should be easier to talk about.

I think mostly what I'm asking is if there's general guidelines for dealing with RTS games. I'm planning on post-commentary (there is absolutely no way I can manage live), and I know I'm probably going to have to edit at least some nonsense out, but that's about all I've got.

Edit: And yes, I'm prepared for the :spergin: comments about my wood-league level micro and macro skills.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

Jsor posted:

The main difficulty in Warcraft 3 (on hard at least) is attrition, it's rare for a wave to kill you, the missions tend to just be this long string of attacks that slowly damage you more until an hour later suddenly you realize you have no gold and lose. It's not like I can make a cut and say "and here's the difficult wave".

Is there a speed (fast forward) setting? That's what I do for Defense Grid - just keep my finger on the FF button for the easy bits and talk about my strategy, the incoming waves, and any interesting new units or towers that pop up.

The other option would be to get a co-commentator to talk with about something game related if you really feel you can't do the LP justice on your own.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
WCIII sounds pretty messy especially with having to switch from one end to the map to another on some of them. Unlike turn-based strategy games, you can't really pause at appropriate moments since pausing brings up the option menu that takes up the center of the screen.

One option I can think of is to VLP it, but edit the videos so you can move forward in time at some boring points, and inserting annotations if you're going to be talking over some parts. The other is traditional screenshot LP, but I have no idea how well that'll go over. You could follow a similar vein to the WCII LP and self-insert your own characters, I suppose.

I don't really think it's the worst idea for a LPable game, but it's going to take a bit of time investment for each individual update I think.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

Thank you for all the gif suggestions. Huge help! I also wondered if there was a freeware version of Gif Movie Gear? I'm using Gif Movie Gear 4 right now and I absolutely love it. It's only got the 30-trial and I'm dreading when it's up. I'm short on cash at present and am trying to save money where I can.

There's a few alternatives out there. You can make the GIF in VirtualDub (assuming you don't already do so) and then optimize it in GIMP or Photoshop (the latter giving a bit more flexibility in what you can do), and I've heard good things about GifCam, though I've never touched it.

I wish GIF Movie Gear wasn't so expensive, though, if only so I'd recommend it more. I've got it down where I can make a GIF in less than two minutes thanks to it and AvsPmod, which is great when I may do as many as ten or so an update.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
That's No Moon, That's Mode 7! Let's Play the Super Star Wars Trilogy

A long time ago, in a valley far far away, a young boy played this game on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. That boy would, in many years time, follow the Star Wars series with a supposedly passive interest and own too many games of the series to claim anything else.
Despite this not being his favourite Star Wars game of all, it was definitely his first, and when combined with watching both the original trilogy and PLAYING the original trilogy, this game left a deep impression on him.
That young boy, was this dipshit here known as FinalGamer. Hello everyone, and now that I can get out of this third-person narration, I'll explain this a bit better to you.

I'm going to play all three of the Super Star Wars SNES games, because I have them, I love them, and somehow I actually finished them when I was a kid. Seeing the game hasn't really been covered in this forum, I'm going to take it on and hopefully you all enjoy the great ride along with me.
I'll generally be playing about two stages per video since the stages themselves are not massively long but they are quite tough. Nerdy talk is encouraged but no arguing about movies vs. movies or some poo poo because nobody cares. There'll be plenty of nerd rage to throw about in the games themselves without anyone else needing to add to it.

So without further ado, let's head on into the game!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Jsor posted:

Maybe Starcraft 2 would be better? It at least has a lot more gimmicky nonsense, which should be easier to talk about.

I've also been planning out a big starcraft 1+BW and 2 lp as well and if you do this, I'd say get used to editing out the boring bits. Most of the later levels in 1 and most levels in general in 2 start you off with a mostly complete base anyways, but for the most part you'll want to cut straight to the part where you've built up an army and are moving out. Explaining a build order is nice and all, but since it doesn't matter as much for single player, then you don't need to keep including it.

And I say this with all sincerity, but do not give a flying gently caress about people ragging on about micro/macro and you're obvious shortcomings thereof. Hell, make it a point in the op that complaining about that stuff is basically poo poo posting in a thread that's focused on the single player.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Hokay, Final Gamer, your OP is short, to the point, and most of all, kinda sweet (although a little short on info about things like when the game was released, etc)... But that's not exactly a massive problem. As far as the video goes, the commentary was alright... couple of slip ups, a tiny bit of "Yes, we can read", but alright. Basically, minor changes, and you're likely good to go. Although I will say your mic is a little tinny, did you up your commentary volume to top the game audio? If so, it's usually a better idea to do it the other way around.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

JamieTheD posted:

Hokay, Final Gamer, your OP is short, to the point, and most of all, kinda sweet (although a little short on info about things like when the game was released, etc)... But that's not exactly a massive problem. As far as the video goes, the commentary was alright... couple of slip ups, a tiny bit of "Yes, we can read", but alright. Basically, minor changes, and you're likely good to go. Although I will say your mic is a little tinny, did you up your commentary volume to top the game audio? If so, it's usually a better idea to do it the other way around.
Yeah uh I did a bit of a rough draft on the OP but no problem I can expand that. Problem with audio is I was trying not to be drowned out by the game music itself, but I don't want to make the game TOO quiet because it sounds absolutely gorgeous and I wanna respect that.

I can lower my own commentary volume or do a retake even so that's no problem either. Do you have any other good bits of advice or pernickety things in the back of your head to mention before I set this off into its own thread?

Edit: \/ well I'm glad to know there's nothing wrong with VIDEO recording because audio is so much easier to fix. Thanks for the critique!

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 17, 2013

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'd like to add that your voice audio was a bit too soft for my tastes. Rest looks fine to me!

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Should I take silence involving my OP and content as an OK to post? I was hoping someone had any ideas if I was missing or needed to remove information in my post, or if my video needed extra work.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Brainamp posted:

I've also been planning out a big starcraft 1+BW and 2 lp as well and if you do this, I'd say get used to editing out the boring bits. Most of the later levels in 1 and most levels in general in 2 start you off with a mostly complete base anyways, but for the most part you'll want to cut straight to the part where you've built up an army and are moving out. Explaining a build order is nice and all, but since it doesn't matter as much for single player, then you don't need to keep including it.

And I say this with all sincerity, but do not give a flying gently caress about people ragging on about micro/macro and you're obvious shortcomings thereof. Hell, make it a point in the op that complaining about that stuff is basically poo poo posting in a thread that's focused on the single player.

I was planning on doing Starcraft 1 + BW->SC2+HOTS, or Warcraft 2+BTDP->Warcraft 3+TFT, but I ultimately decided that I seriously don't have the patience for Warcraft 2 or Starcraft 1. Every practice run I've done of them -- hell, even when playing normally, just devolves into me pulling off pro speedrun strats I have no business trying to attempt. After maybe 50% of the way through either game I just end up saying "yeah... I COULD sit here and build my base for 3 hours and risk dying horribly. OOOOR I could just drop an Ultralisk and some defilers here, bypass all the stuff you're supposed to do, and micro like hell to complete the objective."

It works, but it's kind of cheesy for LP purposes. I find WC3 and SC2 much better on that front, though WC3 hard mode still has a few missions where I get really tempted to just do something ridiculous.

As for people talking about micro/macro, yeah, my plan was to put something in the OP along the lines of "I'm not a pro player. You know I'm bad, I know I'm bad. Don't harp on it. Bringing up an alternate strategy I could have used is fine, complaining about how I didn't manage to build 5 bases while perfectly microing the abilities on my 12-caster army isn't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

There's a few alternatives out there. You can make the GIF in VirtualDub (assuming you don't already do so) and then optimize it in GIMP or Photoshop (the latter giving a bit more flexibility in what you can do), and I've heard good things about GifCam, though I've never touched it.

I wish GIF Movie Gear wasn't so expensive, though, if only so I'd recommend it more. I've got it down where I can make a GIF in less than two minutes thanks to it and AvsPmod, which is great when I may do as many as ten or so an update.

I'm seriously considering getting a license anyways. Thanks, though.

w/r/t video and sound: I'm not planning on having very much at all since I'm going to run Torin's Passage as a SSLP, but I was interested in posting the game's trailer and the game's soundtrack. Is it okay if I just post YouTube links I found? Or is it better if I host videos on my own account? Does anyone care? Is it okay if I just use YouTube links for the OST as well? Again, should it be on my account? Is Tindeck or something like it preferable?

• Locked thread