Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
A group just taught me an amazing loving trick for Can't Stop tonight, but it only works if you have multiple people.

a) Get charged
b) Line up (we used the area beside the Flash statue mid-park)
c) As people run into you, they will keep trying to move but can't, so you sap all their energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

I did 500 in Area 51 but then I was like 'gently caress this'. I'll probably go back at some point (still need the speed feat) and finish it. :negative:

Although now that I have my basic skill points set out (1 point in each weapon so I can get styles, Staff combos filled out, Flight resistance/breakout stuff done) I have to figure out where to start putting them as far as the stat-boost options go. I guess I get Vitalization and Dominance first? Then maybe Defense and Precision?

Depends on what you are doing, really. Vitalization is how much power you give(if you are going the power battery route, you want all of this) and dominance affects your CC(you need a certain amount for each tier).

Here is a breakdown of recommended stats, with iconic feats to get to boost them, and a list of which weapons give the best boosts.
http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Controller#Stats

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Well I don't want to ONLY be a power battery, but that's part of the job. And I'm not sure I'll have spare points for iconic powers, Light is power-hungry for all those combos...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

WarLocke posted:

Well I don't want to ONLY be a power battery, but that's part of the job. And I'm not sure I'll have spare points for iconic powers, Light is power-hungry for all those combos...

This is why I am digging the poo poo out of Quantum. Just looking at the tree you only actually NEED like 6 powers, so there's a huge amount of flexibility.

Also, omnidirectional teleport. :getin:

More of you people need to be in mumble... I'm on right now and no one is in there. :smith:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fuzz posted:

More of you people need to be in mumble... I'm on right now and no one is in there. :smith:

I got on it a couple times but nobody else was ever there so I stopped. :smith:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fuzz posted:

I don't get on mumble often, but when I do its for EVE, sorry.

Also, the hours I am active tend to be when no one is on(earlier in the day when productive members of society are working)

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Man the PS3 version has so much jank compared to PC, but I'm already level 20 so once I hit 30 I can just wait until PS4 and I won't have to worry about the pop-in enemies and other dumb crap. I can't decide if I prefer KBM or a controller but I don't really have any issues with switching back and forth. The only nice thing about a keyboard is it feels easier to mash out of stuns I guess.

Last night I outdamaged our main Damage in Kahndaq in Controller mode, which was kinda funny. I was switching back and forth modes a bit in-between areas but Light is so good. I'd like to mess with Quantum and Mental though and run a more Troller-based character that doesn't have an emphasis on DPS, and instead has good CC/Power Out.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Light is ridiculous. Area 51 scorecard:

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Kenshirou posted:

Man the PS3 version has so much jank compared to PC, but I'm already level 20 so once I hit 30 I can just wait until PS4 and I won't have to worry about the pop-in enemies and other dumb crap. I can't decide if I prefer KBM or a controller but I don't really have any issues with switching back and forth. The only nice thing about a keyboard is it feels easier to mash out of stuns I guess.

Last night I outdamaged our main Damage in Kahndaq in Controller mode, which was kinda funny. I was switching back and forth modes a bit in-between areas but Light is so good. I'd like to mess with Quantum and Mental though and run a more Troller-based character that doesn't have an emphasis on DPS, and instead has good CC/Power Out.

Yeah if the PS4 version sorts out the NPC/enemy fade when travelling around it'll be amazing. I am preferring PVP on PS3 though since I can be much more certain if I lose then it's the player that's good and not just using a script. Plus I tend to play when American kids are getting home from school who have no idea how to block...

Celestials: Try using Dark Pact then Plague -> Divine Light combo (melee, range, hold melee). It tends to crit and when it does things tend to die a lot.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick

Kahndaq was pretty fun but gently caress Giganta-Black Adam. That and Zatanna-Black Adam one shot me to hell.

I plan to stick with PS4 long-term if it ends up not sucking since there's a lot more activity overall, and I like the queue times for stuff more. I think it might also be easier to convince my none-MMO-playing friends to hop on since it's an easier sell on console than PC. I wish at least SOE subs crossed over because I have a few months left on my All-Access and some SOE points leftover, but for now I'm content with just leveling a few dudes to 30 on my Premium account on PS3 until we get the next DLC. At least it's day and date with the hardware, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Does anyone have any Heroes on PC that are at T2/T3? I'm at 51 CR so I'm grinding out Hera's set, so if anyone is down for some dungeons let me know. I'll try to get a PC Villain up to 30 soon, waiting for a goon I know to hop on so I can help him level up with me.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I have a hero at cr36 IIRC, I've barely touched her in forever because I can't stand Sorcery after playing Light. So non-mobile. :(

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I have one that's cr 43 I believe. Intern Lantern. Mostly I've been playing my villain but if I'm on we can do something. I'll be in the mumble server and on channel goonsquad as Spaindex most likely.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I have a hero around that level, CR46ish. Sorcery I think but I'd respec to Celestial. Also I'm legendary so we can start a league on hero side if one doesn't exist already?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

You dicks got me to make a Yellow Lantern. His name is Ovarian Invader. Maybe I'll play him after I level this Quantum guy.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fuzz posted:

You dicks got me to make a Yellow Lantern. His name is Ovarian Invader. Maybe I'll play him after I level this Quantum guy.

Please tell me he's the smallest male body and made up to look like a grey alien

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ajax posted:

Also I'm legendary so we can start a league on hero side if one doesn't exist already?

Yeah, and is there anyone who can invite still playing in whatever the villain league is?

I hate the random league invite spam everytime I go to HQ.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

tallian posted:

Yeah, and is there anyone who can invite still playing in whatever the villain league is?

I hate the random league invite spam everytime I go to HQ.

Everyone in Goonlimited should be able to invite. I know I (Kohra Vas), Spaindex, and Allegedly are in it, so bug one of us.

Part of me still wishes we had Legion of Goon though, purely because it's a perfect name for a league.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Gonna hop on my villain alts to level up but Anadiell is my main hero if anyone wants to invite them when you make the league.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

WarLocke posted:

Everyone in Goonlimited should be able to invite. I know I (Kohra Vas), Spaindex, and Allegedly are in it, so bug one of us.

Part of me still wishes we had Legion of Goon though, purely because it's a perfect name for a league.

There was someone on the other day that's still in Legion of Goon, but I'm not sure if he's an officer.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I am an officer in legion of goon apparently so I can invite and all that if anyone cares.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

DCUO's naming conventions/limits are no fun. The t2 tech armor is one of the few 'iconic' sets I really like, so I was playing around with the idea of a time-traveling future bat-person. Of course 'Batgirl 2054' is invalid because you can't use bat___ in a name. :rolleyes:

e: And if you're NOT a 'bat-person' then why would you want a big bat symbol on your armor anyway? Pssh.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

WarLocke posted:

DCUO's naming conventions/limits are no fun. The t2 tech armor is one of the few 'iconic' sets I really like, so I was playing around with the idea of a time-traveling future bat-person. Of course 'Batgirl 2054' is invalid because you can't use bat___ in a name. :rolleyes:

e: And if you're NOT a 'bat-person' then why would you want a big bat symbol on your armor anyway? Pssh.

B@tgrrl 2054.

In the cyber-future, there is only l337sp34k. :smugbert:

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Fuzz posted:

B@tgrrl 2054.

In the cyber-future, there is only l337sp34k. :smugbert:

And now I'm imagining Batman combined with the Freakshow from CoH. Thanks.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I've seen bat in names before? I mean like two days ago I straight up saw Black Bat

edit: its because you specifically used "Batgirl" its the same reason you cant be Supergirl--that name is taken

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I just saw xxxBAT LANTERNxxx and I'm reasonably sure that's not canon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I think it filters for names starting with "Bat".

Just do what I do and makke clever/really really stupid joke names.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

some of the copyrighted words/names get flagged, "rogue" is the most frustrating example

you can have bat in your name but you cant have batgirl in it, dummies

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress yeah, just found out this game runs on my laptop... not well, but it does! And my work has a fast network, so.... :getin:

Hopefully won't be too crazy tonight and I can play.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Duos officially kick rear end, and I can't wait for more goons to get to 30 so we can do four man instances.

That is all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

tallian posted:

Duos officially kick rear end, and I can't wait for more goons to get to 30 so we can do four man instances.

That is all.

Yeah, Duos are honestly some of the most fun in this game.

Could one of you throw Motherfluxer an invite in Goonlimited? Might as well add him to that if we're not merging into some other group. Also my guy Electric Slide has the highest permissions out of all of us in GL, so let me know if you can't invite or aren't an officer or whatever.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Who is 32nd Flavor from Goonlimited? I played you tonight in PvP (I was one of 3 Robins on the other team).

Anyways, on a whim I am leveling an alt Cel Staff on Hero because I got 2 people to play. Staff owns, end of story :colbert:.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I am trying to come up with a hero, ugh I hate needing a serious name/concept. You guys have it easy with the joke names.

I also like how they made a lightning (voltaic) weapons pack where none of the weapons match the appropriate powerset. Electric stuff is gold-white, voltaic weapons are pure white. :argh:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

WarLocke posted:

I am trying to come up with a hero, ugh I hate needing a serious name/concept. You guys have it easy with the joke names.

I also like how they made a lightning (voltaic) weapons pack where none of the weapons match the appropriate powerset. Electric stuff is gold-white, voltaic weapons are pure white. :argh:

gently caress Heroes, make another villain. We have the best variant quests.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Kenshirou posted:

Who is 32nd Flavor from Goonlimited? I played you tonight in PvP (I was one of 3 Robins on the other team).

Anyways, on a whim I am leveling an alt Cel Staff on Hero because I got 2 people to play. Staff owns, end of story :colbert:.

It's mastajake.

I try other weapons, but I always end up back in shield. I love that it has +30 to precision in the top line of stat bonuses.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I decided to deal with my altitis by deleting all my characters except Kohra Vas and Baryon Boy (who is now a glorified bank alt):

"WTT bits for gold aura PST" :downs:

e: Dipped my toe into Trade for a few minutes and picked up a Golden Aura for 3 stacks of red exobytes and 2 stacks of yellow:

:black101:

Also, has anyone tried using the Iconic Robot Sidekick power? Does it have static stats or do your effect it? Is it worth giving up a loadout slot for?

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 15, 2013

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
I have the robot. I'm pretty sure it's static but its DPS can add up over time during a dungeon. I use it on my Light and with my sidekick out at the same time it makes solos really easy.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Wow I didn't realise bits were worth that much, I've been vendoring them for $2 per.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Ajax posted:

Wow I didn't realise bits were worth that much, I've been vendoring them for $2 per.

If you check the in-game auction market thing, they're selling for $10k per bit at the low end. I don't know if its a bubble or steady, but that's where it was when I checked it the other day.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Picked up two lockboxes last night while leveling my Quantum guy. Oh god they're so tempting, burning a hole in my inventory...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
If you wait until you're around CR 45ish the box should contain 5 MoT instead of 1...

So do you even need to hit Sub-avatars to get loot these days? I was eating a sandwich and got a helmet for some reason earlier.

• Locked thread