Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm the Cookie Clicker version of the Kennedys. My ancestors cheated to get ahead, but now I'm rich as gently caress and (currently) clean.

Gaze at my 300b/s trust fund cookies, and despair at being cookie poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Looking at that screenshot, not sure why Cookie Monster didn't remove Sell Out since you can't exploit that anymore.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Color Printer posted:

Looking at that screenshot, not sure why Cookie Monster didn't remove Sell Out since you can't exploit that anymore.

Maybe the author was out doing something then sleep-

who am I kidding, they made a script for cookie clicker, what's their excuse!

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
Clean? With Cookie Monster?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

When I left for work, I was at 1 bil CPS

After 30 seconds of clicking on upgrades and buildings, I'm now at 20bil CPS :stare:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
My 3400 chips... Now what am I going to do?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Cheez posted:

My 3400 chips... Now what am I going to do?

edit a file if you want

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
I'm having a hard time figuring out if the grandmapocalypse is worth it - I'm currently at 1.2B CPS with the one mind upgrade ready to purchase, saving up to the get lucky upgrade as well.
From my understanding proceeding will give me more CPS, but red cookies will mean that I'll get a lot less overall cookies and cps every now and then.

Should I 1) Buy all the bingo center upgrades asap, up to and including the elder covenant? or 2) Never buy One Mind ?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I'm holding off on buying One Mind on my current reset, but One Mind and subsequent upgrades provide significant enough spikes to cookie production that I would say you should go ahead and get them all. Grandmas become extremely lucrative once you take the plunge.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
This comes up every few pages, and the consensus is that the covenant isn't worth it. If you're going to be actively clicking cookies, use the pledge, otherwise let the grandmas have their grandmacolypse.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

senae posted:

This comes up every few pages, and the consensus is that the covenant isn't worth it. If you're going to be actively clicking cookies, use the pledge, otherwise let the grandmas have their grandmacolypse.

This is why you just use the autoclick script for golden cookies, because honestly there's cheating and then there's just wanting to be able to look elsewhere besides at the cookie screen without missing out on precious CPS

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

death .cab for qt posted:

This is why you just use the autoclick script for golden cookies, because honestly there's cheating and then there's just wanting to be able to look elsewhere besides at the cookie screen without missing out on precious CPS

The only moral cheating is my cheating.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

death .cab for qt posted:

Hey man, it's ok to cheat if you just admit to it!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Just know that there will forever be an asterisk next to your name in Cookie Clicker history.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Hmmmmm. Do I want to be crazy cookie rich with an asterisk next to my name in the Hall of Fame or do I want to be cookie poor, clean, and not even mentioned in the Hall of Fame.

Such a hard decision :getin:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Cookie clicker has decided to peg a cpu core at 100%. So- the bitcoin mining comments were a joke? Right?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I hard-resetted my save because I didn't feel the spark anymore :shepface:
The only "cheat" I'm using now is the Golden Cookie timer, because gently caress that :colbert:
I also did the "Vanilla" Neverclick challenge.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Germstore posted:

Cookie clicker has decided to peg a cpu core at 100%. So- the bitcoin mining comments were a joke? Right?

Turn off your graphic effects (the cookies/milk)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Thank you.

*blows horn at cookie factory* Get back to work!

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Cookies baked (all time) : 887,046,174,884,855,400
Cookies forfeited by resetting : 1,767,862,052,572,680,700

I click cookie good, yes?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Silento posted:

I'm the Cookie Clicker version of the Kennedys. My ancestors cheated to get ahead, but now I'm rich as gently caress and (currently) clean.

Gaze at my 300b/s trust fund cookies, and despair at being cookie poor.

I have every upgrade, every non-shadow achievement, more of every type of building than you, and over 300 heavenly chips, but my CPS is only 1/5 of yours. How did you get it so high?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I have every upgrade, every non-shadow achievement, more of every type of building than you, and over 300 heavenly chips, but my CPS is only 1/5 of yours. How did you get it so high?

He has 5 QUINTILLION all time cookies.

That is five thousand Quadrillion

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

SlayVus posted:

He has 5 QUINTILLION all time cookies.

That is five thousand Quadrillion

I didn't even notice that. :stare: I guess he really clicked the cookie.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
He's got 3000 chips.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Lottery of Babylon posted:

He cheated and has more than 3000 heavenly chips.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
With the new update, it took me less than 10 hours to get to my pre-reset CPS (~2.5 tril CPS), eventhough the Heavenly Chips got nerfed. :stare:

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

Ryen Deckard posted:

I'm going to leave this running overnight and see what happens. Currently at 60,368.8 cookies a second.

Edit:

:stare:

Quoting my own post from page one, oh how adorable this all was back then. So new and exciting.

45 billion CPS now.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
Okay, how the hell do the new heavenly chips work? What determines how many heavenly chips I'll get?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just appeased the Grandmatriarchs for the first time. What did I accomplish?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Sudoku posted:

Okay, how the hell do the new heavenly chips work? What determines how many heavenly chips I'll get?

They aren't worth as much any more but they don't require you to forfeit as many cookies to get them.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

For anyone confused by the new heavenly chips calculation, he's referring to it as geometric* because if you have X heavenly chips, then you'll need to reset with X+1 trillion to earn one more heavenly chip. So it's something like:
1 trillion total => 1 heavenly chip
3 trillion total => 2 heavenly chips
6=3,10=4,15,21,28,36,45,55, etc..
The formula is about the same as the previous version, now you just get approximately root 2 (1.414) times the square root of your total cookies earned across resets.

Edit: However, this has basically nothing in common with an actual geometric progression.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 15, 2013

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
But is it based on cookies per second, or made all time, or how many I have right now, or what? That's the big thing that's confusing me right now and the game+cookie monster isn't helping me about it either.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Total cookies you've baked across all resets.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ViggyNash posted:

I just appeased the Grandmatriarchs for the first time. What did I accomplish?

You get gold cookies again instead of blood cookies. This lasts 30 minutes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

You get gold cookies again instead of blood cookies. This lasts 30 minutes.

I'm a passive clicker, so I guess that doesn't matter too much too me.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010
I'm playing in firefox, and I'm having trouble getting cookie monster to work. I've never been able to use the bookmark method, but I did manage to get a golden cookie timer working via the console. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for cookie monster. Can anyone help me out?

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

pacmania90 posted:

I'm playing in firefox, and I'm having trouble getting cookie monster to work. I've never been able to use the bookmark method, but I did manage to get a golden cookie timer working via the console. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for cookie monster. Can anyone help me out?

1. Make new bookmark and paste the Cookie Monster code into the URL field
2. Click bookmark when your Cookie Clicker window is active

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
If you're running noscript/ghostery/adblock or something like them, make sure you allow scripts to run from pastebin or Cookie Monster won't work.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010
This was it, thanks!

Swilo posted:

If you're running noscript/ghostery/adblock or something like them, make sure you allow scripts to run from pastebin or Cookie Monster won't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Taffer posted:

Oh god I did it, I came and I clicked a cookie

god help me

It's the other way around for me.

:getin:

• Locked thread