Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Gasperkun posted:

Jadepunk will be doing versions in Fate Core, * World, and Cortex Plus for sure, no need for stretch goals, assuming it gets funded.

That name is perfectly tuned to make me cringe. I thought "stormpunk" was the nadir of pormanteaus, but somebody just had to prove me wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
At a glance it seems to have a better grasp of punk than the average blah-punk title, but yeah. I flinched the first time I read the name, imagining the typical 'rich people in dirigibles' steampunk schtick with a deadly dose of Orientalism.

OrganizedInsanity
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Peas and Rice posted:

I cannot tell you all how sad I am I didn't get in on the Ponies for Pathfinder kickstarter.

Is there a reason why MLP lovers have to make everything pony? It can't be because of the big A or we'd see Sonic tabletop games.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

OrganizedInsanity posted:

Is there a reason why MLP lovers have to make everything pony? It can't be because of the big A or we'd see Sonic tabletop games.

I admit I'm morbidly curious but not enough to actually pay for it.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

It's on like Donkey Kong! The Accursed Kickstarter is live, y'all. Check us out and get yourself a copy of the players guide. Accursed RPG.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Am I correctly reading that there are zero tiers with physical rewards?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

moths posted:

Am I correctly reading that there are zero tiers with physical rewards?

Pretty much. Any pledge over thirty bucks gets you access to the POD copy, and we've got some "Play Accursed with the devs" goals, but an actual print run was not in our current scope.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
Got my copy of Ehdrigohr today. I cannot gush enough about how nice this book is. The artwork is amazing, the paper quality is very nice. He even signed the book thanking me for backing.

I originally didn't back at the hardcover level but he let me upgrade my pledge a few weeks ago. The shipping was just in media mail envelop, which led to a slight bend to one set of corners. But it is nothing excessive.

Basically what I'm saying is, this book is amazing and I'm super glad I backed it. If he does another KS in the future, he's basically ensured I'll get in on it too.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

It's on like Donkey Kong! The Accursed Kickstarter is live, y'all. Check us out and get yourself a copy of the players guide. Accursed RPG.

Sweet, I'm totally in on this. Dr. Frankenstein's Monster, MD, DDS incoming!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The physical copies of Greg Stolze's Better Angels are going out now, I just got mine today.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Oh man the new basing pads from the Wargames Factory kickstarter are amazing, but the hex-patterned ones are set at 16,000. It's currently at 14,000 so.. maybe?

UNLOCKED (£14,000):

UNLOCKED (£14,500):

LOCKED (£16,000):

LOCKED (£17,500):

LOCKED (£20,000, WIP images):

EDIT: Holy crap, already at £14,600 :stare: Maybe I WILL get those hex pads.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 13, 2013

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
As much as I love those Wargames base makers, the price is a bit too steep for me. Plus I have custom bases and basing supplies out the butt already. It doesn't look like the hardest thing to reproduce if you've done molds before though, and might try making my own master as some point to use.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
On the one hand, Beyonder looks sweet and I'm always looking for new race and monster stuff to poach for my games.

One the other hand, $50 for two PDFs is pretty steep.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

thiswayliesmadness posted:

As much as I love those Wargames base makers, the price is a bit too steep for me. Plus I have custom bases and basing supplies out the butt already. It doesn't look like the hardest thing to reproduce if you've done molds before though, and might try making my own master as some point to use.

I'm in the same boat. If those numbers were USD and we could assume the cheapest postal option, I might be in for a couple. But at $95 for two basing pads, it's far more than I can reasonably consider. It's not the fault of the particular Kickstarter, but the weakness of the dollar compared to the pound and international shipping make it a no go for me.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm in the same boat. If those numbers were USD and we could assume the cheapest postal option, I might be in for a couple. But at $95 for two basing pads, it's far more than I can reasonably consider. It's not the fault of the particular Kickstarter, but the weakness of the dollar compared to the pound and international shipping make it a no go for me.

Yeah there's no way I'd be backing it if I wasn't in the UK.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

EDIT: Holy crap, already at £14,600 :stare: Maybe I WILL get those hex pads.

You can and you will, at $16.2k now, and those large hexes will look fabulous under my deadzone guys, mixed in with some from the broken imperial highway.

I wonder if I can get a UK friend to receive them, and send them out to me cheaper along with our usual xmas gift exchange... :crossarms:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Well drat. Accursed funded 60% of our goal in 24 hours. Not too shabby for a tiny little publisher no one has heard of (Melior Via) staffed by a bunch of nobodies (us).

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Backed Accursed at the $125 level, the mummies armoured in their own sarcophagi are what sold me at the end.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Awesome, thanks man! When we were spitballing the Witchbreeds it took me a while to come around to mummies, but now I'm really into them. Especially with the whole "Take their cartouche, now you're a mummy" thing. Mummies and the Golem are my favorite in the setting.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Accursed looks awesome. I'm gonna back as soon as I get paid this week.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Upmarket Mango posted:

Accursed looks awesome. I'm gonna back as soon as I get paid this week.

Y'know, money won't get taken out of your wallet until the Kickstarter ends. And you can cancel your pledge up until about twenty-four hours before the end of the campaign. Just food for thought.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

JackMann posted:

Y'know, money won't get taken out of your wallet until the Kickstarter ends. And you can cancel your pledge up until about twenty-four hours before the end of the campaign. Just food for thought.

You can actually cancel up to the moment the campaign ends. The 24 hour restriction is only if cancelling your pledge would drop a project below its funding goal (i.e. someone makes a $10,000 joke pledge and then wants to pull the rug out from under the project creator at the last minute)

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
-Fish- Has been hard at working doing some writing about the cards for Deck of Legends. I thought I would share one with you because they are great and I'm enjoying them.

quote:

"Kirkegraan the Great" and Isaac Tishkail, professor of Holistic History.

The Justicar
K: A living legend. A noble warrior gifted with immortality by His Holiness Khalit the First, tasked with the eternal defense of the gleaming city. His reprehensible appearance is a curse from the ancient crone who led the Coven in his day, since brought to heel for her crimes. His word is the next thing to holy writ, as he was friends with His Holiness Khalit the First since childhood.

I: Currently employed as captain of the city guard in the city of Khalit, Plotinus is the most foul mouthed man I've ever met. Rumor in the city indicates that his appearance is the result of a curse, although this scholar cautions other curious inquirers not to press him on this issue. All I have to show for my inquiries on this subject is a broken nose, which to his credit the Captain did straighten after breaking. In speaking to him he seems to hold a number of views which could be perceived as heretical. Curious that he has not been brought to task for this.

Thedandmom fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 15, 2013

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Final 10 hours for Wrath of Kings

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-kings

Currently you get 210 minis for $200. Lots of cool miniatures done in a fast and reactive game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Currently you get 210 minis for $200. Lots of cool miniatures done in a fast and reactive game.

That Kickstarter saddens me. Game, tons of minis, few titties: $700k, maybe. No game, few minis, more titties than you can shake a righteously outraged stick are: $2 million.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Everytime I see this link, I end up going through the same process (since I keep forgetting about it). Concept and initial paragraphs seem fun, first miniatures I see look good and I get excited, then I see one of the females and hate everyone involved with the project. It's an enormous shame to see such a cool idea (and otherwise solid minis) have to be dragged down by this kind of poo poo.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
You can always file off the nipples and green stuff 'armour'. No worse than Dark Eldar really.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Anyone in the US that wants Basius base pads at a discounted shipping rate, or wants to buy just 1, or whatever, they are saying on an update that you can purchase additional base pads with the same shipping for 25 pounds each, plus whatever else Zinge (their distributor) makes. I'm doing a group buy for 10, and if anyone wants to have me buy more at 25 pounds each plus shipping from Atlanta, GA, you can hit me up with a PM.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

CaptCommy posted:

Everytime I see this link, I end up going through the same process (since I keep forgetting about it). Concept and initial paragraphs seem fun, first miniatures I see look good and I get excited, then I see one of the females and hate everyone involved with the project. It's an enormous shame to see such a cool idea (and otherwise solid minis) have to be dragged down by this kind of poo poo.

I was on the fence too for a while, but I figured, the general nipple-ratio is pretty low (Except for one faction), minis are really quite nice and the rules look quite interesting.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You can always file off the nipples and green stuff 'armour'. No worse than Dark Eldar really.

Given the poses and costumes of the problematic ones, that amounts to sculpting new figures on top of the ones you bought.

Despite the partial nudity and hyper-sexualization, the female models aren't depicted in submissive or weak poses which was (one of) Kingdom Death's big problems. There's still a few inexplicable butts-in-air, but it's refreshing that CMoN is at least taking baby-steps away from that. But hey, that's talk for the oft-neglected industry thread!

Has anyone else seen Ashes? The English is spotty, and the video is a little confusing, but it looks like a you build robots out of plastic and laser-cut components and then throw legos at a honeycomb to fight over some Eiffel Towers? The components look cool as hell, but he's asking way too much and it doesn't look like it'll make its goal. Hopefully he can just find a conventional distributor and something comes out of this.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

moths posted:

Given the poses and costumes of the problematic ones, that amounts to sculpting new figures on top of the ones you bought.

Despite the partial nudity and hyper-sexualization, the female models aren't depicted in submissive or weak poses which was (one of) Kingdom Death's big problems. There's still a few inexplicable butts-in-air, but it's refreshing that CMoN is at least taking baby-steps away from that. But hey, that's talk for the oft-neglected industry thread!

Has anyone else seen Ashes? The English is spotty, and the video is a little confusing, but it looks like a you build robots out of plastic and laser-cut components and then throw legos at a honeycomb to fight over some Eiffel Towers? The components look cool as hell, but he's asking way too much and it doesn't look like it'll make its goal. Hopefully he can just find a conventional distributor and something comes out of this.

Yeah this game looks really cool, and I was feeling it until I saw the price. Hopefully he puts the price in check and tries again, because I don't see this one making its goal. 86 pounds is pretty drat high for a boxed starter set.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

I can't put my finger on it but something just feels off with this game. Kudos to them for making a new system and having original character designs, but there's something not quite right here.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Asphyxious posted:

I can't put my finger on it but something just feels off with this game. Kudos to them for making a new system and having original character designs, but there's something not quite right here.
It feels to me like they had a a few lines of minis and are attempting to wrap a game around them and make them a cohesive whole, which they are not.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It looks like they were trying to do a fast playing skirmish game but put too many models on the table.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Having read through the rules what you get is more like their largest army size and a half. More option for what you're going to bring tan anything.

Frankly I really dig the Hadross units so I just want them even if the game winds up having some flaws. Although I like the way their d10 system seems to be working. Have to wait and see on final balance though...

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MisterShine posted:

Having read through the rules what you get is more like their largest army size and a half. More option for what you're going to bring tan anything.

Frankly I really dig the Hadross units so I just want them even if the game winds up having some flaws. Although I like the way their d10 system seems to be working. Have to wait and see on final balance though...

Their rules are free online, kind of like Dark Age. It's true you get way too many minis that you will ever need, which isn't a bad thing. It has a very Confrontation vibe for a good reason.
Getting Teknes and Goritsi. Pigmen and steampunk minotaurs vs werewolves and Frankenstein.

EDIT: I'll be getting one of my kickstarter minis (Chibi Dungeon Adventures aka Chibi DnD) next week, is this the thread to show the models off or should that go in its own thread?

LordAba fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 16, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I hate to say this but other than insane KS projects like Reaper:Bones and the like I don't forsee backing (m)any more KS projects. I'm not very interested in RPGs and as far as Board Games go even though I like this project (Lords & Ladies) why am I going to spend $30 on a game that is untested from people that haven't made a game before? Yes, I am a bit gun-shy now that I've tried out Boss Monster and found it lacking; and having seen the tales of woe that happen when creators disappear and aren't heard from again after a project is funded, it all adds up to my opinion that if I want a game I should look for one that is well vetted and currently in stock at an online retailer. I know why KS exists, I just don't know that if deep down I actually care. Sad but true.

That said there was a Guts of Glory update so that's good :unsmith:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

berzerkmonkey posted:

It feels to me like they had a a few lines of minis and are attempting to wrap a game around them and make them a cohesive whole, which they are not.

That's pretty much what happened with one of their previous projects, Rivet Wars - they found a guy making neat chibi world war 2 minis, bought them, and then brought in someone to write a board game for them. Difference being the two teams of minis were designed cohesively from the start, WW2 Americans and Germans.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I might be feeling Kickstarter fatigue except for the fact that I got a survey from Flying Assault Butts, aka the best kickstarter ever, and I just can't feel bad about the site at all.

Legitimate concerns and all. I mean, I've been burned too. But the butts are something I would never see outside of kickstarter.

e: By the way noble sir butt person, if you're still around and there's some problem with sending a package to Iceland just get in touch and I'll meet you halfway on it.

Rulebook Heavily fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Flying Assault Butts

I... I mean... It's beautiful.

• Locked thread