Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
The old thread was huge and sort of hard to navigate as well as filled with BATTLES. We are rebooting.

This thread is a CELEBRATION of all things crowdfunded by Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or whatever other automated begging service folks are using to generate their stuff. Post links to your Kickstarter here and your pitch, and I think at least to start we can use it as a discussion of the game in question in case you want that personal touch that means so much with the folks making it.

Eventually this space will include links to all projects in the thread, their close date, and when they do close we can record if they were funded or not. There is a lot of good gaming blood here in TG, here is to hoping we can get some of them off the ground.

Rules will evolve with time (particularly since this is my first act as an actual moderator) but the rules are, in general:

1. If you have a Kickstarter, you can make your pitch here and people who are looking for things to fund or new games can see them.

2. Once it has been funded (or not) you can start your own thread since it is, with the aid of your fellow TG crew, likely a published game in its own right and you are now a famous game designer!

3. If you want your (personal) Kickstarter edited into this post, PM me with a link to your pitch post in the thread and I will quote it here.

4. This is for discussion and announcement of actual projects. If you want to talk about the true nature of kickstarter, or if kickstarter is a store, or if something belongs there, of if KS hurts retailers, take it here. This is for projects and project discussion.

5. The last version of the thread was plagued with fights over which Kickstarters were good and which were bad. This is not really the thread for that. This is intended as an information clearinghouse. The deal is you are allowed to like or dislike whatever you please, and express that here. If you look at your post and discover you are giving a half assed lecture on art history or just yelling at someone for being a poo poo, this is probably not the place for it. Again, if you find yourself wanting to brawl over what belongs on Kickstarter or in the Industry in general, this is the place to go. Go here. If you post your wisdom in the announcement thread, you may be dinged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Since this is my favorite KS in ages, I am gonna start the new thread out by reposting it.

Thedandmom posted:

Hello my name is Kaitlynn Peavler and I've made a playing deck (with possible rpg supplements) called Deck of Legends.

The Deck of Legends is an art deck that will contain 54 custom illustrations. You'll be able to use it as a standard playing deck, or you can bring it to your gaming table to use as a prop or as a visual aid.

Face cards are characters
10-8 are locations
7-5 are monsters
4-2 are regular items
Aces are legendary items and artifacts
All the artwork will be done by yours truly. As of right now, here is where the art stands, with still more in the works and being sketched every day.

Stretch goals include things like the artwork becoming creative commons and other nifty stuff you can use for your own games.

Edit: Forgot to mention, these are Tarot sized cards.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Winson - perhaps a link to the new thread from the original might be in order? I know thedanddmom was new and she might think the old thread was killed without an alternative.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

berzerkmonkey posted:

Winson - perhaps a link to the new thread from the original might be in order? I know thedanddmom was new and she might think the old thread was killed without an alternative.

That is a top idea, I always forget to link the old thread to the new. Happily, I can edit on closed threads.

Adam Kensai
Feb 13, 2005
Have you heard the Go News?

Winson_Paine posted:

Since this is my favorite KS in ages, I am gonna start the new thread out by reposting it.

These are charming, I've never been tempted by a playing card KS before.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Adam Kensai posted:

I am a fan of playing card Kickstarters. They're affordable (and therefore make great gifts), and because the parameters of the standard deck are pretty set, you don't get game- or KS-breaking add-ons. The thing that's neat about this one is that the art is different on more than just the face cards!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I've been tempted by playing card kickstarters, but the cost of international shipping has always stopped me from buying what I convince myself is just another Bicycle deck with a fancy paint job that I'll never use.

Then thedanddmom posted a couple of early samples in Hot Modrons, and my immediate reaction was, 'holy poo poo, these would make fantastic props'. Then she said that she was looking into it, and I might have squealed just a little, and then I pledged the minute she put up a link here.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Adam Kensai posted:

Yea I normally don't back stuff like it but I'm in for the basic 'get the deck and button and poo poo' tier because really those are lovely cards.

Germ
May 7, 2013

I'm about half-way through my Kickstarter for resin exploded vehicle markers compatible with Warhammer 40,000. Just hot another stretch goal earlier this week, so, thus far, wrecks have been unlocked for the "Galactic Marines", "Human Corps", "Space Elves, aka Star Children of Elrond", and "Evil Space Elves". Currently, we're working toward unlocking Space Orc wrecks and some tunneling markers for Alien Bug folks. If you play 40k, I'd appreciate your checking it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/worldsmith-industries-wrecked-vehicles-for-sci-fi

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
I'm quite pleased that you guys like my cards so much. I'm making an update for the kickstarter after gencon is over and people are back home.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So all of a sudden, Audatia made it, with some insane person apparently donating 25,000€. The project's currently sitting at almost 42,000€, which means they've hit their two first stretch goals: A deck featuring a female fighter as well as armor for the characters and the techniques to fight in it. The final goal, the German Liechtenauer style of longsword, is 8,000€ away.

And it's still got 40 days left. Exciting!

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention something that was added after I posted my original post on the game: All pledge levels above 10€ receive a PDF copy of Windsor's Swordsman's Companion, which is apparently "a complete beginner's guide to training in medieval Italian longsword". In other words, a most hardcore strategy guide for the game.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 16, 2013

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The stretch goals and the companion make this look like a good package. I'm not ready to put my money where my mouth is yet because I want to see what happens now with that 5x5,000€ pledge. That sounds too good to be true.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
An indiegogo project I pledged to received a similarly enormous windfall, only to have it fall through because decimal places got rearranged by accident. Awesome if this one's real, but...

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Deck of Legends samples arrived today in the mail. So you guys have an idea of what you're getting.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
They look awesome. Can't wait until we're playing with a full deck.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
I am about to be in need of a good virtual tabletop, and I have been uninterested by the offerings until I saw this...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3dvirtualtabletop/3d-virtual-tabletop-visually-stunning-rpgs-on-ipad?ref=card

I think this is really cool and will absolutely be giving them some of my dollars. If it gets to $20k, it will be web based. That is great news for me, because my group likes osx, windows, and linux. It reminds me of what WotC was talking about when 4e was in beta.

The website has a demo that will suck dollars from your pockets if you are not careful.

http://www.3dvirtualtabletop.com/3d-virtual-tabletop-demo.html

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Latest update from Rosemont Bay project. The system has been officially announced. It is Cortex Plus Drama. Check it out if you want to mix up the supernatural and the interpersonal drama, in the vein of Dark Shadows, various supernatural soaps that are running now, the old Kindred: the Embraced show (which was basically Aaron Spelling does Vampire: the Masquerade with all the potential good and bad), Twin Peaks, American Gothic, and so on.

Gasperkun fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 18, 2013

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Anuvin posted:

I am about to be in need of a good virtual tabletop, and I have been uninterested by the offerings until I saw this...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3dvirtualtabletop/3d-virtual-tabletop-visually-stunning-rpgs-on-ipad?ref=card

I think this is really cool and will absolutely be giving them some of my dollars. If it gets to $20k, it will be web based. That is great news for me, because my group likes osx, windows, and linux. It reminds me of what WotC was talking about when 4e was in beta.

The website has a demo that will suck dollars from your pockets if you are not careful.

http://www.3dvirtualtabletop.com/3d-virtual-tabletop-demo.html

Oh yeah, I saw that kickstarter. I'm excited for it. Not just for it being a thing but for helping out with it.

Edit: Deck of Legends may be a pack of assets for backers on the 3D Virtual Tabletop http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3dvirtualtabletop/3d-virtual-tabletop-visually-stunning-rpgs-on-ipad/posts

Thedandmom fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 19, 2013

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

So, one of the things I saw at Gencon that's coming to KS in the future (Fall 2013): Reaper: Bones 2, THE RETURN OF THE CHILD OF BONES: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

... ok so I made up the all caps part of that title.

Who's excited about it? I'm excited about it. I just-- hang on, my wallet is trying to run away screaming from my pocket.

(... but seriously, after seeing Kaladrax, who I got for $10 during the KS, being sold at Gencon for $70+? Yeaaah.)

On other news: thedandmom, I would buy those cars SO HARD if I wasn't currently completely broke. ... Maybe next month if I'm lucky. Those cards are gorgeous.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
When I was at Gen Con, I ran into Sandy Petersen and got an update about Cthulhu Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydOcBGQvXpY

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Kerzoro posted:

On other news: thedandmom, I would buy those cars SO HARD if I wasn't currently completely broke. ... Maybe next month if I'm lucky. Those cards are gorgeous.

Dunno if this changes that or if you already know this, with Kickstarter you don't get charged until the kickstarter closes. You wouldn't be charged any money until the 6th of next month.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
I've just added a backer stretch goal. When I reach 300 backers, the 4 suit deck will become a Star Deck. The 5th suit will be cosmic.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedandmom/deck-of-legends/posts/574028

Also for those of you who have backed already, you should have gotten an email about the Deck of Many Legends. It's a free pdf that you can use with this deck or another deck and works like the Deck of Many Things.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Zombicide Season 2 update: They've received two of four containers at the warehouse, and are going to start packing this week and shipping soon thereafter.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Thedandmom posted:

I've just added a backer stretch goal. When I reach 300 backers, the 4 suit deck will become a Star Deck. The 5th suit will be cosmic.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedandmom/deck-of-legends/posts/574028

Also for those of you who have backed already, you should have gotten an email about the Deck of Many Legends. It's a free pdf that you can use with this deck or another deck and works like the Deck of Many Things.

This is rad as hell. Are you going to add a fifth joker if it hits this stretch goal? I may actually have enough money to snag one if there's a fifth opened, where I didn't think I would when the first round went up.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 20, 2013

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

-Fish- posted:

Dunno if this changes that or if you already know this, with Kickstarter you don't get charged until the kickstarter closes. You wouldn't be charged any money until the 6th of next month.

oh, I know this.

But I maxed out my credit card and I'm not sure how much money I'll have available to pay for it over the bare minimum and I'd rather not take any risks.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
A dark fantasy supplement for both Dungeon World and Fate Core opened today: Grim World. Give it a look if you like either of these games. It seems to have gotten 60% or so of its funding already, at the time of this writing.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

RPZip posted:

This is rad as hell. Are you going to add a fifth joker if it hits this stretch goal? I may actually have enough money to snag one if there's a fifth opened, where I didn't think I would when the first round went up.

You're not the only one who's asked about that and I'm considering adding in another one. I think you'd have to fight for it though.

Kerzoro posted:

oh, I know this.

But I maxed out my credit card and I'm not sure how much money I'll have available to pay for it over the bare minimum and I'd rather not take any risks.

That's understandable, and I'll have the deck available to purchase later this year or sometime next year for those who wanted one but didn't have the funds.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Okay, so if I'm reading this correctly on Deck of Legends, if I pledge for $25 I get the story deck in addition to the regular deck? What's the advantage of pledging Double Down, unless you want two regular decks?

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Gau posted:

Okay, so if I'm reading this correctly on Deck of Legends, if I pledge for $25 I get the story deck in addition to the regular deck? What's the advantage of pledging Double Down, unless you want two regular decks?

You don't get the story deck, you get the booklet that comes with the story Deck.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This looks interesting: Grim World, a Dungeon World/Fate Core dark fantasy game with six new playbooks. It's a little pricey for a physical book, but Sage and Adam have seen it and they were pretty positive about it.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Kerzoro posted:

Reaper: Bones 2, THE RETURN OF THE CHILD OF BONES: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.
So how far are they with fulfillment on their last KS?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Al Baron posted:

So how far are they with fulfillment on their last KS?

No one's entirely sure. They've been pretty bad with communication the last few months. The last update they gave had them down to less than ten percent of the orders left to fill. People are still getting orders sent out, but it's definitely not at the pace that they were able to do. There are vague intimations that the Post Office is making things difficult, but nothing solid. They expect to have everything shipped out by the 26th, though.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

They are dealing with the ROW stuff. Apparently, what they are doing, to minimize errors (which would be VERY EXPENSIVE to fix), is opening every box to check that everything is correct.

They are apparently optimistic about finishing this weekend, and then dealing with any errors. For example, I got a pirate where I should have gotten a dwarven mage, and Mr. Bones never arrived. Already contacted them and got confirmation they had received the report... not too bad, considering I ordered one of every add-on miniature, and extra copies of some of them.

Germ
May 7, 2013

I've added new images and laid out the final stretch goals for my "Exploded Vehicle Marker" Kickstarter. I've also added some additional options for "one of each" pledges to try and help make it to the end. So far, wrecks for the Galactic Marines, Human Corps, Space Elves, and Evil Space Elves have been unlocked. The next stretch goals are for the Space Orcs, then some Alien Bug tunneling markers, then the Mecha Federation (and a Chaotic Monster Walker), then finally the "Cyborgs of Anubis".

Any help spreading the word to Warhammer 40k players who might be interested would be appreciated!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Heavy Wagon, Kombat Truck, Walker, and Battle Buggy?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Germ posted:

I've added new images and laid out the final stretch goals for my "Exploded Vehicle Marker" Kickstarter. I've also added some additional options for "one of each" pledges to try and help make it to the end. So far, wrecks for the Galactic Marines, Human Corps, Space Elves, and Evil Space Elves have been unlocked. The next stretch goals are for the Space Orcs, then some Alien Bug tunneling markers, then the Mecha Federation (and a Chaotic Monster Walker), then finally the "Cyborgs of Anubis".

Any help spreading the word to Warhammer 40k players who might be interested would be appreciated!

Technocratic Mecha Federation is a pretty loving hilarious name.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Jeff Siadek of Lifeboat fame has a second boardgame KS up: Monster Derby! Control the racers in a destruction derby style race while forwarding your secret agenda!

Haven't played it, but I love Lifeboat so much that I want him to keep making games.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Captain Invictus posted:

Technocratic Mecha Federation is a pretty loving hilarious name.

Someone needs to make a generator for hilariously oblique references to GW products.

I really like those wreck markers and if it wasn't such a complete nonstarter for me to spend additional money/make additional painting work for an optional thing like detailed wreck markers, I'd be all over that.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

If you unlock those tunneling markers, I'll probably be in. I don't play 40K, but they'd be fun to paint and use for D&D.

e: It'd be even better with a $15 level, though I don't know if that's feasible for you.

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

Heavy Wagon, Kombat Truck, Walker, and Battle Buggy?

Indeed!

I'm telling you, one of the biggest pains with the Kickstarter has been trying to find ways to say "THIS STUFF IS FOR WARHAMMER 40,000!!!" without saying it outright. gently caress it, I'm saying it. THIS STUFF IS FOR WARHAMMER 40,000!!!

(Warhammer 40,000 is copyright Games Workshop and is used here without permission)

• Locked thread