Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I think Steinbrück's "telling it like it is, politeness be damned" shtick is starting to morph into "do I look like I give a poo poo?". Also foreshadowing, but still. If the election weren't already mostly decided, he'd be bottling it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Randler posted:

Foreshadowing! :v:

It's really the most likely outcome of this election. loving awful.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

I think Steinbrück's "telling it like it is, politeness be damned" shtick is starting to morph into "do I look like I give a poo poo?".

I can't really blame him for that. He has to justify himself before journalists that argue and interrupt on the level of unmoderated blog commentators. Hell, even the gimmicky commentary tiles on the ARD stream have a standard than the moderation panel. Also, congratulations on not understanding how our social security systems and the Besoldung of government workers work, ARD.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Randler posted:

I can't really blame him for that. He has to justify himself before journalists that argue and interrupt on the level of unmoderated blog commentators. Hell, even the gimmicky commentary tiles on the ARD stream have a standard than the moderation panel. Also, congratulations on not understanding how our social security systems and the Besoldung of government workers work, ARD.

Seriously, the moderation of this is a god drat disgrace.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

ArchangeI posted:

Seriously, the moderation of this is a god drat disgrace.

I liked how they complained at length about the difference in speech time favouring Merkel, while interrupting Steinbrück more often and did not make any actual attempts of equalizing the time. And that's not even taking into account that Merkel was not even called out for - unnecessarily - making stuff up during the Syria part of the duel. Raab really was the only saving grace of the panel for his "I want a strong SPD, but I think we all know there is not going to be a chancellor Steinbrück."

Oh well. At least there is only one Kanzlerduell this year.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I thought the "Please declare your full confidence in the FDP to kill their chances" thing was hilarious.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Randler posted:

Raab really was the only saving grace of the panel for his "I want a strong SPD, but I think we all know there is not going to be a chancellor Steinbrück."

Raab was the what now? Are we talking about the guy who three loving times tried to convince Steinbrück to go for a great coalition? The guy who's first question was, "Frau Merkel, aren't you really a bit too leftist for your own party?" Because that's the guy I saw and I wanted very badly to slap him through the TV.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Angela Merkel isn't leftist. She is populist. And at the moment it's good for the CDU.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

botany posted:

Raab was the what now? Are we talking about the guy who three loving times tried to convince Steinbrück to go for a great coalition? The guy who's first question was, "Frau Merkel, aren't you really a bit too leftist for your own party?" Because that's the guy I saw and I wanted very badly to slap him through the TV.

I skipped the debate because it was only ever going to be terrible but reading today's papers they all seem to agree that Raab was the true winner :suicide:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
From what I could gather before going to work people liked Steinbrück more than Merkel by a slim margin. Probably won't be enough to get the SPD more than 30 percent, though.

dreamin' posted:

I skipped the debate because it was only ever going to be terrible but reading today's papers they all seem to agree that Raab was the true winner :suicide:

Apparently, not even German journalists care that much for German journalists anymore. Though Raab coming out on top is still less embarassing than people not knowing which colours make up the German flag and going Web 2.0 over Merkel's jewelry.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Reading through the ZEIT, apparently Raab won because he asked about the Wahl-O-mat? Is that the hallmark of good journalism now? And what was that about her chain?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ArchangeI posted:

Reading through the ZEIT, apparently Raab won because he asked about the Wahl-O-mat?
BILD agrees that he won, so he probably has. :downs:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
:stare:

I'm not sure if I want to expend the energy necessary to understand what is happening to that party which turned completely insignificant, so have my favorite poster instead:

:effort:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The CDU seems to be aiming to put up only the blandest, most boilerplate posters ever. The other parties at least manage to display some arguments/positions, but theirs are generally only along the lines of "good thing is good". Though I don't really know what/who the Greens are going for with these:

Speaking of debates, I just happened to catch the Tageschau's Dreikampf debate between Gysi, Trittin and Brüderle. It was fairly short but also quite spirited, with Trittin at one point just straight up calling Brüderle a liar to his face :laugh:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 2, 2013

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
http://instagram.com/p/dufJZtOCOb/

Noahdraron
Jun 1, 2011

God Loves Ugly

frankenfreak posted:

:stare:

I'm not sure if I want to expend the energy necessary to understand what is happening to that party which turned completely insignificant, so have my favorite poster instead:

:effort:

Still better than the one with a dude wearing a Fedora, ponytail and awkward facial hair.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
You can't say that and not post it!

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
:psyduck:

I like the Pirate Party, but they're a bit embarrassing, all things told. Better than the countless CDU/CSU posters with Merkel's mug on it, looking vaguely bothered and unsure. She's honestly the least photogenic politician ever, she doesn't even look creepy/evil like American Republicans do, just like she'd rather be anywhere but here.

Perestroika posted:

The CDU seems to be aiming to put up only the blandest, most boilerplate posters ever. The other parties at least manage to display some arguments/positions, but theirs are generally only along the lines of "good thing is good". Though I don't really know what/who the Greens are going for with these:

Speaking of debates, I just happened to catch the Tageschau's Dreikampf debate between Gysi, Trittin and Brüderle. It was fairly short but also quite spirited, with Trittin at one point just straight up calling Brüderle a liar to his face :laugh:

My favourite is this Die Linke one:

:3:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
This is hanging near my house. The good thing is that there's no way to parody it.

:allears:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Perestroika posted:

and of course Gysi argued everyone into the ground but the moderator wouldn't let him finish two sentences before interrupting him

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Teron D Amun posted:

and of course Gysi argued everyone into the ground but the moderator wouldn't let him finish two sentences before interrupting him

I don't know, I got a very "I'm right and I know it :smugdog:"-vibe from him. His words on the euro bailout showed pretty clearly that he either doesn't know what is politically feasible or doesn't care.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

frankenfreak posted:

"Teilen" as in :filez: or as in Bedingungsloses Grundeinkommen?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Probably both. Bruno Kramm is pretty big on either as I recall. Having a professional musician who's outspoken against the current state of the industry and has in fact sued GEMA front and center of your party image is probably a really good idea if you're the Pirates. Sure they'd garner more votes with it if it was Herbert Grönemeyer or Wolfgang Niedecken Petry but you can't have everything.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

frankenfreak posted:

Is this somehow the same guy using cheap fasching-props to run in two districts?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

This is my 'favorite' Piraten poster:

If this was a deep-cover parody, you'd never know. I mean, at least it's a specific issue, but you'd think they could have put someone on the poster who doesn't look like he's going to use the new digital infrastructure to post biotruths on reddit.

Also,

I don't know how much play this got outside of Berlin, but this guy was criticized by Charlotte Knobloch for wearing a keffiyeh inside the parliament of Berlin, and as a reaction he started wearing that Star of David in addition to it. Apparently he's still running with that. I guess that's gotta count as some kind of conviction.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Smirr posted:

This is my 'favorite' Piraten poster:

If this was a deep-cover parody, you'd never know. I mean, at least it's a specific issue, but you'd think they could have put someone on the poster who doesn't look like he's going to use the new digital infrastructure to post biotruths on reddit.

You have some very weird standards as to how a person should look.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

KingaSlipek
Jun 14, 2009

botany posted:

I think Raab was alluding to the negligible difference between CDU and SPD and not necessarily saying she was leftist (as if the SPD were a left-wing party..).

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

KaneTW posted:

You have some very weird standards as to how a person should look.

You're right, I let my dislike of the Piraten color that statement. I walked past that poster earlier today after making that post, and realized he really doesn't fit my description at all. I still think, however, that the kind of petulant tone of the question on the poster doesn't do them any favors.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Official Die Partei political ad, aired on Tuesday 22.35 on ZDF just like the ads of all the normal parties:
:nws:http://www.die-partei.de/2013/09/10/der-wahlwerbespot-zur-familienpolitik/:nws:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Today is the Bavarian election, let's see if we can put an end to 60 years of CSU supremacy.

If we get a Ministerpräsident Ude (SPD), I bet newspapers are going to go wild about what this means for the federal election.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I'm first and foremost hoping that the CSU can't get the absolute majority. It's disgustingly close. Though if I remember correctly, the trend of past elections was that they lost a bit relative to the other parties in comparison to the polls, so let's see. If the FDP gets kicked out, there's actually a good chance that we can turn the wheel, which would be a dream.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

pidan posted:

Today is the Bavarian election, let's see if we can put an end to 60 years of CSU supremacy.

If we get a Ministerpräsident Ude (SPD), I bet newspapers are going to go wild about what this means for the federal election.

But CSU supremacy ended 4 years ago, when they had to enter a coalition government for the first time?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I'm just about to got vote. It won't change much cause I'm pretty sure the CSU will still rule Bavaria after today.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ArchangeI posted:

But CSU supremacy ended 4 years ago, when they had to enter a coalition government for the first time?

What a big change that made! :rolleyes:

e: also it's been 5 years

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Looks like Bavaria is back to a one party government!

God, Seehofer is going to be insufferable.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Well, it looks like the FDP got kicked out of the Landtag. Hopefully this will happen next Sunday, too.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
gently caress:argh: First priority of Seehofer is apparently the PKW-Maut (road tax), which he wants to levy on foreigners. He doesn't care that this is forbidden by EU law. The election increased his power, so perhaps he can box it through. And the bigger clout of the CSU probably means that there will be no path for gay marriage even in a Grand Coalition. :argh: So, here is to hoping the Constitutional Court continues to eliminate the differences between civil unions and marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Torrannor posted:

And the bigger clout of the CSU probably means that there will be no path for gay marriage even in a Grand Coalition. :argh: So, here is to hoping the Constitutional Court continues to eliminate the differences between civil unions and marriage.

There is no path for gay marriage in any realistic coalition because there are constitutional problems with expanding marriages that way. I fully expect marriages and civil unions to exist independantly from each other but with the same rights and obligations for a very long time.