Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

How do you get a clicking frenzy? Just by going nuts and hammering the mouse during a golden cookie-induced frenzy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
It's a pipe-delimited string of your stuff (e.g. "Cookies|Grandmas|OtherThings|Whatnot") encoded in Base64. That's how some of the more in-depth spreadsheets are able to load your save.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

How do you get a clicking frenzy? Just by going nuts and hammering the mouse during a golden cookie-induced frenzy?

YOu get it from clicking a golden cookie. It's like less then 1.5% chance of happening.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Robawesome posted:

It's a type of gold cookie.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

There's a golden cookie effect that's specifically called Clicking Frenzy. x777 clicking power for 13 seconds.

holy poo poo you're fast

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Clicking frenzy is a separate effect that you can get from clicking a golden cookie. It's got nothing to do with the x7 for 77 seconds frenzy.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Ahh I was hoping for some kind of stacking frenzy.

Also

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Silverbolt posted:

Or call that heart one "One of those danged cookies Mario baked in Yoshi's Cookie." My CPS sucks but then again I only got to play for two hours before someone closed the tab on me.

I knew it was far too familiar for some reason.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Well technically later on you can get a clicking frenzy while you have a 7x frenzy on, and it's pretty magical.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

Ahh I was hoping for some kind of stacking frenzy.

Also

Click harder.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

AnonSpore posted:

Well technically later on you can get a clicking frenzy while you have a 7x frenzy on, and it's pretty magical.

Man I don't know if I'm just massively unlucky, but I've never gotten 2 frenzies at the same time. Each time I've had a frenzy and clicked another golden cookie, it's been a 'lucky' one, which is kinda ironic...

Is it impossible to have 2x 7x frenzies at the same time?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

gco posted:

Man I don't know if I'm just massively unlucky, but I've never gotten 2 frenzies at the same time. Each time I've had a frenzy and clicked another golden cookie, it's been a 'lucky' one, which is kinda ironic...

Just resets the frenzy counter.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

SlayVus posted:

Click harder.

What

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

gco posted:

Yeah, multipliers don't overwrite each other, they just stack.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

He cheated to get insane numbers of heavenly chips.

SlayVus posted:

I am such a cookie clicker cheater, but I'll never be given the cheating cookie.

I use Cheat Engine to increase the game speed by 2x. I then have a toggle macro on my mouse that presses the mouse button over and over until I turn it back off. At regular speed, the game detects between 110 and 110 click per second. At 1/2x speed it detects 230-240 clicks per second. I use 1/2x for things like the x666 production and even the x7 production. When I know when I am going to be away from the PC for a while, I use the 2x game speed and set my mouse to click. I wracked up about 55-60 trillion cookies from about 3am to 7:30am when I woek up this morning.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
One day they are going to do an NPR story on us and the guy who made this game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
gently caress I refreshed by accident and now the anti-matter machines are so much more. Thank god I already had 90.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
You bougie cookie-havers with your billions of cookies per second, while the poor that hold you up have to save for an hour just to get arcane sugar! It makes me sick.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Germstore posted:

You bougie cookie-havers with your billions of cookies per second, while the poor that hold you up have to save for an hour just to get arcane sugar! It makes me sick.

You won't be talking like that when you're making billions of cookies per second. If I can pull myself up, you should be able to as well.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You won't be talking like that when you're making billions of cookies per second. If I can pull myself up, you should be able to as well.

Bootstraps son

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gently caress I refreshed by accident and now the anti-matter machines are so much more. Thank god I already had 90.

Thank you for warning me. I'm enjoying having my condensers cost at 60 what my time machines cost at 90.

Getting an elder frenzy right when you've blown all your money on upgrades is a beautiful thing.

This game is my favorite treatise on capitalism.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm going to save up to a Quintillion and then reset to get those sweet sweet chips. Holy poo poo that will give me so many chips.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

With 14bil base CPS, and just over 100 trillion in the bank, just got a clicking frenzy during a regular frenzy.

I now have 1.6 quadrillion in the bank.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm going to save up to a Quintillion and then reset to get those sweet sweet chips. Holy poo poo that will give me so many chips.

1414 I think. That'll be cool.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Ugh just like Cookie Monster, the Cookies Calculator now calculates Heavenly Chips you'd get if you sold all your poo poo and reset. Which doesn't work anymore aaaaaaaaagggghhh you added that after it become irrelevant.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Wait, what? How does resetting the game benefit you?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

Wait, what? How does resetting the game benefit you?

If you reset, and not save wipe, you get Heavenly chips which increase your cookie production.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

So closeeee...........

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The game bugged out and now I'm safe from the elders but I still have the grandmapocalypse background. With cookies.

e: It stayed after a reset, and now its more visible.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 16, 2013

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
I have now bought cookies on two separate occasions thanks to this game. If this is all some sort of :tinfoil: on the part of Big Sugar I think I'll be disappointed, but not surprised.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Oh sweet baby jesus...

Tried to get the new update, and been stuck on this page for a whole 24 hours...with no cookies. :shepicide:

Javascript is enabled, and the refresh button doesn't work, and my cookies...they're probably so lonely right now.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

FelixReynolds posted:

Oh sweet baby jesus...

Tried to get the new update, and been stuck on this page for a whole 24 hours...with no cookies. :shepicide:

Javascript is enabled, and the refresh button doesn't work, and my cookies...they're probably so lonely right now.

Keep pushing the refresh button until it works.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

FelixReynolds posted:

Oh sweet baby jesus...

get rid of any addons you have and keep pressing ctrl+f5 to do a hard refresh

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Are there any updated spending suggestion sheets yet? Because I want to know where to invest so I can ignore it and spend on whatever the gently caress I feel like.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Another Person posted:

Are there any updated spending suggestion sheets yet? Because I want to know where to invest so I can ignore it and spend on whatever the gently caress I feel like.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

This one just updated.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

FelixReynolds posted:

Oh sweet baby jesus...

Change your browser's refresh button to a cookie and click that sucker until the cookies come home.

e: This game has made me morally bankrupt.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
My cookies have achieved sentience :catstare:

Seriously what the gently caress is this game, why can I not stop playing.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

GenericOverusedName posted:

My cookies have achieved sentience :catstare:

Seriously what the gently caress is this game, why can I not stop playing.

Completionism combined with procrastination...ism.

Unfortunately, you can never complete it, so you'll always be making cookies. Always.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
:catstare: :catstare:
I can't count that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I'm cheating with the automatic golden cookie clicker, but it's still not worth getting the covenant, right? I'm assuming the ridiculous boost from the Elder frenzy more than makes up for all the times you get Clot or Ruin.

• Locked thread