Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlyWhiteBoy
Jul 13, 2004
If you want to break 150 points, just play me. 2 weeks in a row...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I knew I should have played Alex Smith over Drew Brees.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now I have to hope that Lynch trips on his Skittles all night long.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Silly Burrito posted:

Now I have to hope that Lynch trips on his Skittles all night long.

Whereas I'm hoping they're laced with speed.

e: 4.6 pts to go Burrito...

wasianchickn fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 16, 2013

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Let me drink your tears

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
N: Bubblicious Supremacy moves to 2-0, and Ben-Jarvis hasn't even played yet. Also, I'm in Greece for a scientific conference. For free.

V:

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 16, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Did you try to explain to any of the locals that an offensive hold in the endzone is a safety?

(Seriously, that Vandy DE got his loving jersey pulled off and of course the SEC refs didn't call it)

Also PHILLIP RIVERRSSSSSSSSSSS

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I just realized if the scores hold I'll be the only 2-0 team in the Dan Marino Division.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwabj-fq-4A

Eltoasto posted:

Did you try to explain to any of the locals that an offensive hold in the endzone is a safety?

(Seriously, that Vandy DE got his loving jersey pulled off and of course the SEC refs didn't call it)

I was on a plane during the Vandy-SC game, saving both my TV and myself from a Greek prison.

Eltoasto posted:

Also PHILLIP RIVERRSSSSSSSSSSS

I hope to have a reason to post Rivers-face every week.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 16, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

I like the idea of finding Youtube videos to describe your weeks.

Week 1 for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc&t=9s

0-2 Burrito. You have incurred the wrath of the mighty Dan with your name. Show penance and you may be spared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZV-Vaq5G8I

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wasianchickn posted:

Let me drink your tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWSGoBAdJL8&t=4s

JetsGuy posted:

0-2 Burrito. You have incurred the wrath of the mighty Dan with your name. Show penance and you may be spared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZV-Vaq5G8I

Ugh, I HATE BEEF MOE. I HATE HIS STUPID DREADS I HATE SKITTLES I HATE HIM RUNNING OVER THGINDGDKJSFLJEUIFHWFUIFHELIFEJF

I'm literally having the opposite year of the Saints. 0-2, losing to two conference foes. BUT I SHOW NO PENANCE. DAN MARINO IS A DOLPHIN PUNCHER.

:colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
And considering yesterday's weather shenanigans, this is my week 2 team report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk&t=53s

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Ugh, I HATE BEEF MOE. I HATE HIS STUPID DREADS I HATE SKITTLES I HATE HIM RUNNING OVER THGINDGDKJSFLJEUIFHWFUIFHELIFEJF

I'm literally having the opposite year of the Saints. 0-2, losing to two conference foes. BUT I SHOW NO PENANCE. DAN MARINO IS A DOLPHIN PUNCHER.

:colbert:

I understand. If you choose (fantasy) death over common sense, that is your choice. This is like the old "curse of Joe Montana" from the old Madden games. You will not recover until you show penance. Say the Dan's prayer that Juiced gave us last year, and you will be forgiven.

Silly Burrito posted:

And considering yesterday's weather shenanigans, this is my week 2 team report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk&t=53s

Every time i hear this song, I'm remnided of this ytmnd that was made as Katrina hit.

http://saintsexcuse.ytmnd.com/

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 16, 2013

halonx
May 4, 2005

The Bronco's D/ST scored 24.8 loving points. I figured Rodgers would carry my team this week, but NOOO. The rest of the turds on the team didn't do so hot and then the goddamn Broncos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAornI7uwk

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

N: Bubblicious Supremacy moves to 2-0, and Ben-Jarvis hasn't even played yet. Also, I'm in Greece for a scientific conference. For free.

V:

Congrats. I am pleased with my moral victory in breaking 80 points.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I would like to thank Andy Dalton for forgetting he had a TE after the first quarter. You had me worried there.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-4c4uQmdo

Hot Dog Heroes victorious once again in the name of the one, the only, the Starr

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

seventeen posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-4c4uQmdo

Hot Dog Heroes victorious once again in the name of the one, the only, the Starr

Just a reminder that the only non-Dan Marino champion came from the Joe Montana division. And that guy was only in the league one year.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

JetsGuy posted:

Just a reminder that the only non-Dan Marino champion came from the Joe Montana division. And that guy was only in the league one year.

In the not too distant future, when the championships of Montana and Marino have faded into a distant memory, when auction draft has become the one true format for NFL Fantasy Football brought to you by Pepsi Co©, there will be an era of great darkness swallowing the world as we know it. Forever, darkness. In the distance, millions upon millions of miles away, a lone beacon of light will twinkle like championship bling resting on a black blanket. A ball of gas and space waste, once alive, is dead and yet still caressing our dark planet with a touch of light, a beacon of hope.

Is it a message from beyond? Is it visitors from another universe to rescue us from our dying planet? Nay. It is a sparkling glimmer oh hope, a sly wink; a knowing wink of encouragement and inspiration. Through the rumbles of Earth's plates shifting, a voice bellows from the great beyond, "You can't kill a Starr, bitch"

seventeen fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 17, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'd win more championships if PoM wasn't constantly holding me down. A problem I plan to solve this weekend.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

1.4 points. 1.4 points. :anime: 1.4 points. :baby:

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Also, Issac Redman, Sidney Rice, Harry Douglas, Kenny Stills, Lions D and Eagles D for sale in exchange for a RB or some player who returns kicks. I've got Crabtree on the IR as well if you wanted to roll some dice for November/December. Come on down to Hot Dog Hero HQ and send an offer if you're interested.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Hello troops,

In my not-near-the-US state, it completely slipped my mind about moving it so you get your waivers this morning instead of thursday morning. Sorry about that. NExt week.

It really shouldn't change much anyway, its just a luxury.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So apparently I now own a Colts RB instead of a Browns one. That's a pretty big change. :D

Wait, he might not play week 3 to learn the playbook...if that's so....

drat YOU DAN MARINOOOOOOOOOO

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 19, 2013

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Gonna be some Dan on Dan crime this weekend when I end JetsGuy's win streak.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

Gonna be some Dan on Dan crime this weekend when I end JetsGuy's win streak.

Hail Dan, who Art in Canton,
Hallowed be thy name,
thy touchdowns come,
thy divisions won,
on forums, as they are in Canton,
give us this win, our weekly :smug:,
and forgive us our losses,
as we forgive the Namath,
and lead us not to Montana,
and deliver us from Starr,
for thine is the division,
the league, the glory forever,
Amen.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'd also like to point out that infidels MikeyKins and DarkWolf only have 2 posts in this thread. :mad:

seventeen posted:

In the not too distant future, when the championships of Montana and Marino have faded into a distant memory, when auction draft has become the one true format for NFL Fantasy Football brought to you by Pepsi Co©, there will be an era of great darkness swallowing the world as we know it. Forever, darkness. In the distance, millions upon millions of miles away, a lone beacon of light will twinkle like championship bling resting on a black blanket. A ball of gas and space waste, once alive, is dead and yet still caressing our dark planet with a touch of light, a beacon of hope.

Is it a message from beyond? Is it visitors from another universe to rescue us from our dying planet? Nay. It is a sparkling glimmer oh hope, a sly wink; a knowing wink of encouragement and inspiration. Through the rumbles of Earth's plates shifting, a voice bellows from the great beyond, "You can't kill a Starr, bitch"

By the way, I'm going to start saving these sorts of things for posterity in post2. I think it's necessary for future league members to know some division pride. Feel free to link me to older stuff, right now I included this and the Dan's Oath tht Juiced wrote last year.

Or just write one about your inferior division and I'll include it. :smug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

All Hail Montana
Beat Ken, Dan, John, and Boomer
Kiss the four rings, bitch.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Not counting year 1, mostly cause I don't know what division the champ was in and seemingly no one cared about divisions then, so far we're at Bart Starr, Bart Starr, and Joe Montana champs. Even in fantasy Dan Marino aint got no rings.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

wasianchickn posted:

Not counting year 1, mostly cause I don't know what division the champ was in and seemingly no one cared about divisions then, so far we're at Bart Starr, Bart Starr, and Joe Montana champs. Even in fantasy Dan Marino aint got no rings.

We have 3 of the four, bitch. :smug::

Year 1 - J-City Rockstars ( "Division 3"; Later renamed Joe Montana Division)
Year 2 - Plaxico's Hand gun Emporium (Dan. Marino. Division.)
Year 3 - Stevie J's Hand gun Emporium (Dan. Marino. Division.)
Year 4 - Zoltan Mesko (Dan. Marino. Division.)

It should also be noted that in year one J-City beat Moonbase Alpha, a Dan Marino Division team. We've been in the championship every year, and won it 3/4 times. It should also be noted we have the best competition.

:smug:
The SEC of the league.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

All Hail Montana
Beat Ken, Dan, John, and Boomer
Kiss the four rings, bitch.

I was going to say you didn't put any effort into this and try again, but then I realized it is a Haiku. I will consider adding it to the hall of division might.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

I was going to say you didn't put any effort into this and try again, but then I realized it is a Haiku. I will consider adding it to the hall of division might.

Trying to class this joint up.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

JetsGuy posted:

We have 3 of the four, bitch. :smug::

Year 1 - J-City Rockstars ( "Division 3"; Later renamed Joe Montana Division)
Year 2 - Plaxico's Hand gun Emporium (Dan. Marino. Division.)
Year 3 - Stevie J's Hand gun Emporium (Dan. Marino. Division.)
Year 4 - Zoltan Mesko (Dan. Marino. Division.)

It should also be noted that in year one J-City beat Moonbase Alpha, a Dan Marino Division team. We've been in the championship every year, and won it 3/4 times. It should also be noted we have the best competition.

:smug:
The SEC of the league.

Oh right, I forgot ESPN history can't be trusted, welp

also, I erase all memory of previous years to avoid the pain

wasianchickn fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 22, 2013

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, I'm winning today. I'm not starting this season 0-3. :colbert: I will it through sheer determination. Joique Bell, run your rear end off.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I feel as good about my chances today as I feel about the fact that I just picked up a dude named Chris Ogbonnaya.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Ok, I'm winning today. I'm not starting this season 0-3. :colbert: I will it through sheer determination. Joique Bell, run your rear end off.

There will be at least 1 less winless team after this week, as I'm in a battle against the Wisconsin Cows. I'm hoping for Bernard Pierce to explode for 200 yards and 4 TDs.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I play Kenbrell Thompkins, he gets 3 points and Aaron Dobson gets eleventy billion. I play Dobson, Thompkins gets all the points. I give up.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Braksgirl posted:

I play Kenbrell Thompkins, he gets 3 points and Aaron Dobson gets eleventy billion. I play Dobson, Thompkins gets all the points. I give up.

Play both, embrace mediocrity.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

NEVER!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I am preemptively claiming victory based on halftime scores.

What could possibly go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Joique Bell is gettin it.

• Locked thread