Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I paid mine online, it shipped the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I didn't see that as an option in the letter I got, hopefully the info I get back includes something about paying online.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

FIVE of us (three goons, two others and a designated drinker) signed on for this, back when the kickstarter was live. We agreed to buy in on a Vampire and some stuff and host a draft once it came and we could all get together. Well, once of us moved away, and the schedule has been delayed and delayed, but it finally happened tonight.

Here were the rules:
-The Vampire kit (and extras compensating the Sophie bonus bux) would be divided into five bags.
-Everyone would pick a game. The host (me) picked first.
-The winner of the game would get first draft of the models from the first bag, chosen at random by the designated drinker (whom was not actually drafting models himself). Model drafting order followed from there.
-The person who came in last place chose the next game to be played.
-Consumption was critical at all opportunities.

I apologize, but no photos exist of most of these rounds. It is incredibly unfortunate, because as host, my Croquet challenge went completely undocumented, despite the early gentlemanly conduct that pervaded the round and the effort I put into grooming the yard. It was a matter of trustingly handing people wooden mallets before better sensibilities were compromised, and it was a good choice to start out with.

A round of 15-second examination and model-grabbing ensued.

Nor do I have evidence of the break for pulled pork and dhal dinner, or the spread that went along, as we set up to drink beer and play Krosmaster, in a 6 way cross-alliance pit battle. Each of us were randomly dealt two equally-ranked characters and chose one for the fight, and then set out forming and breaking alliances immediately, crossing each other out in fairly formulaic matter.

Another round of model drafting happened.

Nor, particularly, do I have any pictures of the Pathfinder arena combat that took place, wherein we all created 15 point level one characters equipped with 100gp worth of stuff and went at it. I played a pantsless gnomic bard with a slide whistle and a couple pairs of manacles, and nearly came in third after putting my new friends to sleep, but alas, I didn't get to pick the Beholder this round. C'est la vie.

More drafting and consumption happened here.

And this is where the camera came out because at this point the evening changed and this experience absolutely needs to be shared in the internet era:

One of our own, goon Nathonicus dug up a set of rules written by one Ed Allen, who went to Standford back in the mid 90's and spat out these rules for what essentially was a drinking game at the time. Nathonicus apparently found these rules back then and dragged them out of the Archive.org mists of history for us, and for that we owe him thanks. Absolute, unending thanks.

My childrens' playdough carried the burden. Each of us had to choose a color and sculpt a model according to the rules, a set barely encapsulated by the rules. and damages were already written.

The range of these whip arms is, of course, direct.

We added that the bottle terrain could be moved, but anyone moving it would have to take a pull in order to do so

A well-realized version of the "large missile" upgrade.

Eventually, of course, the terrain just became another weapon.

If you're out there, Ed Allen: Holy poo poo, thanks. That was goddamn epic.

After another round of drafting minis, we got down to a friendly round of Hex Hex, with Hexen sticks to decide who would get the final pick of models. After a bit of trading back and forth with the final scores, we all ended up with a ton of great models, and a lot of fun getting them. For twenty bucks buy-in, this was a great way to play the Reaper Bones game, and I'd totally recommend it to any other groups that want to go in on it. Make an event out of it. We're already bound in for round two.

Fix fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 15, 2013

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

There were a number of games like that back then. The oldest one I remember was Monster Squash (1980). Even Dragon magazine got in on the act and published its own rules for clay monster combat.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Fix posted:

Awesome stuff

That is epic.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fix posted:

Being cool.

But which one are you?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Indolent Bastard posted:

But which one are you?

The one holding the camera, of course.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got an email today from Reaper, regarding the one faulty model I received (it was missing a weapon arm). They've credited me with a $7 gift certificate for their store, which is "double the retail price" of the model.

quote:

We are sorry for the Bones packaging error. To compensate you, here's an e-gift certificate for double the retail price of your missing or damaged miniatures ($7 USD). This gift certificate will never expire & can be attached to your online Reaper account for future purchases. You may use it to obtain those specific figures or apply it towards any item we sell in our online store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we appreciate your business!

So, that's shifting the hassle of fixing the error to me, but the $7 is enough to cover the cost of the figure ($2.79) plus shipping ($2.58) plus handling ($1), with sixty three cents left over, so I guess that works.

e. It's also worth noting that everything from the Bones kickstarter seems to be for sale on their site now, including a boxed vampire set option for $324.99. And yes, Mr. Bones is available for $1.99, I know there was someone in this thread who didn't get one.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 16, 2013

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Leperflesh posted:

I got an email today from Reaper, regarding the one faulty model I received (it was missing a weapon arm). They've credited me with a $7 gift certificate for their store, which is "double the retail price" of the model.

So, that's shifting the hassle of fixing the error to me, but the $7 is enough to cover the cost of the figure ($2.79) plus shipping ($2.58) plus handling ($1), with sixty three cents left over, so I guess that works.

e. It's also worth noting that everything from the Bones kickstarter seems to be for sale on their site now, including a boxed vampire set option for $324.99. And yes, Mr. Bones is available for $1.99, I know there was someone in this thread who didn't get one.

Yeah, I didn't get the Mr. Bones either, seem to be a very common problem. Honestly, I haven't bothered to check that my order was packed correctly. It's not like I'm going to go sleepless over one or two missing out of the hundreds that lies unpainted.

Yesterday I noticed that the Bones miniatures really got me painting faster. Maybe it is because I don't "care" too much, or the fact that I don't need to prime them. No matter why, I've been picking up a model every other night or so, and just powered through them in an hour or two. I already have five of them painted up, and soon I'll have enough to plan out a simple dungeon crawler for my nephew. It's quite refreshing compared to painting huge batches of almost identical troops, especially ones requiring a lot of preparations.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I hope they don't do the same for ROW, the shipping's gonna kill it.

(or that if they do, I'm missing the middle part of Kaladrax' tail :v:)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 16, 2013

Germ
May 7, 2013

Fix posted:

Some Stuff

Verily, this is a true accounting of the events as they transpired.

At times I thought I needed ALL the Bones, but I'm happy this saved me from having too goddamn many miniatures and not enough fun. Monster Smash was epic. And surprisingly balanced. At least, the game ended with Sounder and I both with 1 large missile left, over 10 or 15 turns trying furiously to regenerate the missile, hit with it, and be able to allocate damage ourselves.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I just got my KS package. Huh, everything looks smaller than I thought. And I totally forgot that paint sets are 12 bottles each and not six and had a bit of a :haw: when I opened the package.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 16, 2013

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
On the Reaper boards, people are trying to guess when the second Kickstarter's going to begin. Someone guessed the November 5th. My response:

Remember, remember,
F-5th of November,
Bonesium season's afoot.
I see no reason bonesium season
Won't provide oodles of loot.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yo :siren:Lethemonster:siren: waaay the hell downthread you said you might be interested in painting some of the bigger minis from the set - does the offer still stand? I could probably offer some of my spares (in particular the duplicate not-Remorhaz that I really doubt I'll ever need two of) in exchange for your airbrushing services on some of the things it will take me years to paint...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just got my import tax bill from ParcelForce: £65 wtfomg

I know I said previously that I've had lots of stuff sent over that didn't get charged but drat. At least they hold it for 20 days, I'll have to wait until my next paycheck to pay for the drat thing online.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Does anyone have a recommendation for an Euro-webshop that carries new bones miniatures?
I'm afraid my singular Vampire-order wasn't enough, and I need some supplemental figures. :getin:

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

jammu posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an Euro-webshop that carries new bones miniatures?
I'm afraid my singular Vampire-order wasn't enough, and I need some supplemental figures. :getin:

There are a few more I want as well - an entire mob of villagers waving pitchforks and carrying torches. Another eight (on top of my double vampire) should do it. :getin: (Also more transparents).

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

krushgroove posted:

Just got my import tax bill from ParcelForce: £65 wtfomg

I know I said previously that I've had lots of stuff sent over that didn't get charged but drat. At least they hold it for 20 days, I'll have to wait until my next paycheck to pay for the drat thing online.

How much did you order? Did you give them an invoice?

I am still waiting on something (anything) from Parcelforce. I've only ordered the basic Vampire and a few bonus dragons (There Be Dragons, Clockwork Dragon, the hydra), how much more did you order?

bobvonunheil fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 19, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bobvonunheil posted:

How much did you order? Did you give them an invoice?

I am still waiting on something (anything) from Parcelforce. I've only ordered the basic Vampire and a few bonus dragons (There Be Dragons, Clockwork Dragon, the hydra), how much more did you order?

I printed off copies of the emails I got from Amazon Payments and Reaper with the listing of stuff in the shipment. I got one Vampire set, all 4 paint sets, all but one of the dragons, Cthulu, all the giant sets and I think that's it.

Just found my complete list
-- Vampire x1 $100
-- Fire Giants x1 $10
-- Ebonwrath x1 $10
-- Frost Giants x1 $10
-- Starter Paint Set x1 $18
-- Undead Paint Set x1 $18
-- There Be Dragons x1 $15
-- Demons x1 $15
-- Deathsleet x1 $10
-- Mythos Monsters x1 $10
-- Clockwork Dragon x1 $15
-- Red Dragon x1 $10
-- Starter Set 2 x1 $18
-- IMEF Paint Set x1 $18
-- Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10
-- Frost Wyrm x1 $10
-- Jabberwock x1 $10
-- Nethyrmaul x1 $25
-- Hydra x1 $15
-- Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
-- C'thulhu x1 $10

$317 total with shipping, so I guess that comes to about 40-something GBP import tax, plus £8 for a ParcelForce Customs handling fee and another Customs fee of I think £12 or so (I guess that's two fees because I have an import tax fee, wtf).

Check if you have a shipping email from Reaper, that will have a USPS tracking number on it. Click on that, and if it shows that it's in the UK you have a 10-14 day or so wait before you hear from Border Force by letter. It took about a week for me to get my second letter telling me how much the charges are, but at least I can pay online and expect the package the following day.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 19, 2013

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

krushgroove posted:

Check if you have a shipping email from Reaper, that will have a USPS tracking number on it. Click on that, and if it shows that it's in the UK you have a 10-14 day or so wait before you hear from Border Force by letter. It took about a week for me to get my second letter telling me how much the charges are, but at least I can pay online and expect the package the following day.

It got in the UK on the 27th, and Parcelforce has had it as "Awaiting Customs Charging" since the 5th. So, two weeks today. I'm trying to contact them by email but might resort to phone tomorrow.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Their clever scheme of dealing with defective minis by sending store credit succeeded in getting me to buy still more minis to get the free shipping. I will be suspicious if one of these in turn arrives defective.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Is that what they did? Because I got a notice that they're sending my the missing parts from my two giants.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Is that what they did? Because I got a notice that they're sending my the missing parts from my two giants.

That's what they did for me -- an ogre missing an arm and a miscast familiar. Maybe it made more sense to send parts for giants and larger?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Where are you? Because gently caress them if they make me pay $15 for shipping a single missing mini.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pennsylvania.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I strongly suspect they are doing the very smart thing of sending credits when the miniatures would cost way less than the shipping, and sending the minis when it's cost-effective to ship instead of giving a larger store credit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm getting a head and a sword, I don't know how that would cost more than shipping.

Unless, of course, the only way for me to replace those would be to get the whole mini, in which case they'd have to credit me a couple giants, which would add up a bit higher.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I'm getting a head and a sword, I don't know how that would cost more than shipping.

Unless, of course, the only way for me to replace those would be to get the whole mini, in which case they'd have to credit me a couple giants, which would add up a bit higher.

Yeah, the online store isn't selling Bones bitz so that might be it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

This is what I got:

"To expedite your request, please go to https://www.reapermini.com/kickstarter and provide us with the sku# of the item in question and if it is a piece of the mini you need let us know which piece of that sku# to send you (for example: need left wing of 77192 Kaladrax)

We will need your KS order# and /or your email address you used for our Kickstarter to look up your rewards.

Thanks!"

For reference I'm in the US.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I'm also in the US, was missing 4 single piece models, and got a gift cert.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

ReaperBryan shared this on the Reaper Boards. It's one of the miniatures made for the second Kickstarter. Reaper Ron revealed that it was a sculpt by Julie Guthrie. Speculation on the forums is that it's a new chimera sculpt (since it appears to have two separate heads), though it's different from their existing chimera sculpt.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I got my replacement parts for the missing kickstarter bits. In fact, I got them twice, so now I have not only the extra fist I originally got instead of the head, but I also have an extra head too, and an extra sword/hand combo for the fire giant. It's probably my fault: I emailed them early on and told them what I needed, and then when they put the call out for missing parts, I emailed them again, this time with part numbers to be more explicit, since I didn't have them the first time. Strangely, though, I got two emails about them shipping the stuff, and they both had all the same identifiers, including the order number or whatever. I dunno, I doubt they want the two extra parts back, so I'll just accept it as good fortune.

Now to figure out what I can do with a fist, a head, and a sword that all have no body. Thinking about mounting the fist on the back of the head. Or just putting them all on flying bases. The sword would be cool as a summoned, floating weapon (it's a huge loving sword, like 12' long to scale) and the fist and head are roughly the size of a human torso. :getin:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

quote:

"Call me Balgran," the man said, sipping his ale.

"Er, I don't mean to pry," Eridan said, "but how, pray..."

"So, there's this spell, right?" Balgran said. "Curse, sort of thing. Wizard fires it at you, and it turns you into a swarm of evil hands, all of which rush about killing your friends."

"I've heard of it." It was also forbidden by the Council of Magecraft, like most spells that turned your victims into swarms of things.

"Well, I was fighting Vorun the Black--You'll have heard of him, he turned the Arilberg council into giant rats--and he decides to give it a whirl. Only, he hadn't quite gotten the hang of it, yet." Balgran sighed. "One minute, I'm a normal fighter, the next, well, I'm as you see before you. I'm afraid it's hereditary. One of my sons is normal, but the other one, well, he's a handful, is all I'll say."

"How--" Eridan began, then decided there were things he simply didn't want to know. Politely, he took his leave of Balgran Fistbody, Warden of the Barrow Moors.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Suddenly, I need to find some teeny tiny legs and a wee little head to put on that thing. :stare:

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

I got my replacement parts for the missing kickstarter bits. In fact, I got them twice, so now I have not only the extra fist I originally got instead of the head, but I also have an extra head too, and an extra sword/hand combo for the fire giant. It's probably my fault: I emailed them early on and told them what I needed, and then when they put the call out for missing parts, I emailed them again, this time with part numbers to be more explicit, since I didn't have them the first time. Strangely, though, I got two emails about them shipping the stuff, and they both had all the same identifiers, including the order number or whatever. I dunno, I doubt they want the two extra parts back, so I'll just accept it as good fortune.

Now to figure out what I can do with a fist, a head, and a sword that all have no body. Thinking about mounting the fist on the back of the head. Or just putting them all on flying bases. The sword would be cool as a summoned, floating weapon (it's a huge loving sword, like 12' long to scale) and the fist and head are roughly the size of a human torso. :getin:

A giant fist, painted up in ghostly/ethereal colors would be fun for the Bigby line of Bigby's ___ Hand spells.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Bones 2, October 1st. http://www.reapermini.com/

Lets do this!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oh, lord. Terrible time for it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

gently caress. Yes. Bring it on.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fix posted:

gently caress. Yes. Bring it on.

You are too funny. Never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Eyespy posted:

Bones 2, October 1st. http://www.reapermini.com/

Lets do this!

Oh son of a bitch. I guess it's time to buy in next week. :smith: