Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Yeah, the hand into Annie's head is definitely coming from the something that's masquerading as the Seed in the second panel there, it's not Coyote unless we're buying into the Seed is Coyote theory, which personally I'm not.

'Insectile' is what springs to mind when looking at it. Reminds me of how some wasps lay their eggs inside other creatures. I suspect it's trying to smuggle itself into the Court by hiding in Annie's mind at a metaphysical level, which is why we've gone full astral now. Coyote's trying to warn Annie, hence the presence of his eyes and teeth with the word 'liar' repeated around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
This is the real Seed Bismuth, Coyote's tricking Annie by making her think it's not.

:colbert:

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
It's extremely clear that coyote is appearing and pointing the fraud finger at the seed.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

Oh dear. The Seed isn't looking as friendly as it was awhile ago.

Yep, it's an evil mosquito.

EDIT: I realize that's redundant.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
It could also be that this is the Seed, but that it is misrepresenting itself. The two are not mutually exclusive, after all.

Although the really interesting bit is that now it wants to be with its "brethren."

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
This liar thing knows that Annie is curious about the Seed. That's pretty creepy.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Maybe it's a friend of Hetty's.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
called it, but it was completely obvious.

any time this comic gives you as much clear exposition as we got last week it's screaming "fraud"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, not unless Jones is lying out her rear end :v:

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010
I think Coyote's gonna jump in to save Annie from whatever the Seed is trying to pull here. It seems unlikely after what he tried to pull earlier, but at the same time who the hell really knows what his deal is.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Angry Avocado posted:

I think Coyote's gonna jump in to save Annie from whatever the Seed is trying to pull here. It seems unlikely after what he tried to pull earlier, but at the same time who the hell really knows what his deal is.

Yes, he might do that. She's his new medium after all.

I assume this means an end to "the Seed is Coyote" theories. From the looks of it, Coyote doesn;t like the seed. Also "Bretheren". There are more seeds.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Angry Avocado posted:

I dunno. Coyote strikes me as the 'trickster as teacher' archetype, in that when someone falls for one of his tricks they tend to have an unpleasant and dangerous time of it, but they also profit by learning something from the experience. I suspect that his astral whispers of 'liar liar liar' are all the help Annie's getting from him directly at this point. If she's strong enough to resist the astral mosquito's attempt at infection then so much the better. If not, well she's got friends on the other side of the bridge who can help her deal with her passenger and maybe she'll be a bit more careful about seemingly benign spirits next time she visits the forest.

In terms of direct rescue, the best we can hope for is that Ysengrim's finished mopping the forest floor and looks around in time to see what's going on. I doubt it though, the guy's having too much fun.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Just for those who aren't sure, this in the Ether, so it's definitely him.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, I don't think this is the real Seed anymore, just something with decent knowledge of it.

That said, the implication that Coyote might be having trouble getting past this thing through to Annie, that he can't just pop up there and go "HEY ANNIE IT'S LYING SUP" is.. disturbing.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, I don't think this is the real Seed anymore, just something with decent knowledge of it.

That said, the implication that Coyote might be having trouble getting past this thing through to Annie, that he can't just pop up there and go "HEY ANNIE IT'S LYING SUP" is.. disturbing.

Why would he do that? It's not funny

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Looks like I could be right about Fun City just giving you what you want, but it's also being malicious about it, or it's just a shapeshifter/mindreader/whatever. On the other hand the warning is coming from a literal Trickster God, so...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm in the camp that thinks that, in a shocking twist, Coyote is going to actually save Annie from this creature. I read his obvious presence here as him warning her of the danger. Then we will all be "oh see that coyote is actually a pretty neat guy we were kinda harsh with him" and then he'll be an rear end in a top hat again and laugh a whole lot and lessons will be learned all around.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I wonder if this is some sort of curiosity trap, rather than a deliberate attempt to deceive Annie? Anyhow, it's time to get your burn on, girl.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
So I may be forgetting something, but has any newly-introduced character ever turned out to be Coyote in disguise?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

ProfessorProf posted:

So I may be forgetting something, but has any newly-introduced character ever turned out to be Coyote in disguise?
This lad.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
... yeah it's a loyalty test. If Annie sides with the "Seed" here and agrees to take it back, she'll be offering to give the Court an advantage over the forest. Not a good idea for the brand new Forest Medium to do.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mirage posted:

... yeah it's a loyalty test. If Annie sides with the "Seed" here and agrees to take it back, she'll be offering to give the Court an advantage over the forest. Not a good idea for the brand new Forest Medium to do.

I had wondered that, but then if that were the case Coyote probably wouldn't be busting in going LiarLiarLiarLiar all over it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Yoya posted:

It's extremely clear that coyote is appearing and pointing the fraud finger at the seed.

The first time I read it, I just assumed it was Coyote being seen through his disguise. But that didn't make any sense just because it seems weird to telegraph something so obvious so quick. But then rereading the page I noticed the "liarliarliarliarliarliar" all across Coyote's ethereal form so yeah I think Coyote is calling the "Bismuth" a liar.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Maybe this is what Coyote hunts?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Of course! It's so blatantly obvious now! Coyote is out hunting Antimonies, and the "Seed Bismuth" was a lure!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

ProfessorProf posted:

That's the joke :regd08:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

SHISHKABOB posted:

That's the joke :regd08:

At least they're not calling everyone Eglamore anymore.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah this seems kinda like that etheric spider that was hitching a ride on Jack.

mjau
Aug 8, 2008
What's going on in the center? Almost looks like people in there. At least three of them, and maybe a giant hand or some kind of animal.

The things going into Annie's head reminds me of her father's bone fingers.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

mjau posted:

What's going on in the center? Almost looks like people in there. At least three of them, and maybe a giant hand or some kind of animal.

The things going into Annie's head reminds me of her father's bone fingers.

Where are you seeing these people? I'm pretty sure that's just the "Seed Bismuth" in a different form?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm with this guy. Ysen finally gets the punch fight he wants (So happy!) and Annie immediately and abruptly finds the Seed Bismuth which turns out is sentient and can give her the answers she so desperately seeks? This is literally too good to be true.

I'm sticking with this and I bet this is just Coyote trying to pull Annie and Ysen out of the Joy Can.

Or maybe this is some weirdo bug that wants to invade the court, tricking annie into taking it, but Coyote's here to stop him. You can't pull a con without him knowin in this forest.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's turning from some kind of Abyss creature into some kind of glowing wasp.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Good thing Rey taught us how to get rid of those pesky invasive spirits.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm sticking with this and I bet this is just Coyote trying to pull Annie and Ysen out of the Joy Can.

Or maybe this is some weirdo bug that wants to invade the court, tricking annie into taking it, but Coyote's here to stop him. You can't pull a con without him knowin in this forest.

Fun City: Powered by the heart of an orphan child!

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Male Man posted:

Good thing Rey taught us how to get rid of those pesky invasive spirits.

Set them on fire and then eat them? I don't see Annie doing the latter, but I guess she could at least do the former.

Burn the witch Seed Bismuth Annie! Burn it!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ProfessorProf posted:

There was also this time when Coyote turned out to be Coyote in disguise!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Potsticker posted:

There was also this time when Coyote turned out to be Coyote in disguise!

I kept reading a couple pages after that one (because of course) and remembered how much I love the "Coyote! Please have some dignity!" comic. Ysengrin funny faces are a rarity.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Cat Mattress posted:

Of course! It's so blatantly obvious now! Coyote is out hunting Antimonies, and the "Seed Bismuth" was a lure!

I was actually going to suggest that Coyote might have been hunting the Seed/s in the first place, and used Antimony to flush it out.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hodgepodge posted:

I was actually going to suggest that Coyote might have been hunting the Seed/s in the first place, and used Antimony to flush it out.

My friend, as someone who has a long experience of having jokes fly over my head, you just got whooshed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What the heck. I hope Tom gave his okay for that. (He probably did because he's swell.)

Still, GC is a good comic, S&W... isn't. Seeing a character from GC used in S&W therefore infuriates me.