Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
We need to do more alerts/duos, tonight was hella fun. :3:

I'm probably going to stick to Hand Blasters for my Controller, at least short-term, until I'm not made of wet tissue against group mobs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Yeah that was cool. So much easier than running with pubbies.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Seriously. I need to gear up my Ice Tank and actually, you know, be able to tank.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Saw y'all on, sorry I did not join. Someone asked me to fill final slot in a raid and I logged on with intent in mind. Sounds like you had a good run though from what I caught in the chat.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I'm sure I was pissing everyone off with Light Weight, but come on that power is awesome! Especially when Chemo would spawn all those little chemlings and I'm not sure if it was glitched but about a dozen of them would huddle up in one spot. So I'd pop Light Weight and go spinning into the mass of them, they'd die in about 3 seconds from the physics damage, then I'd throw it at whatever else wasn't dead.

I am never taking Light Weight off my loadout bar. :haw:

e: Spikequake is kind of meh (at least with my crap gear right now) probably more impressive if you stack Might but I don't know why you would do that as Hard Light. Chompers is golden though, it's not even about the damage, just the fact that dudes run around in terror makes it a great 'get the gently caress off of me' power.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 16, 2013

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Nah I didn't mind at all. Tier 1 stuff is pretty chill basically you can do whatever you want and cruise through.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I gotta say again, running a fire tank with 3 controllers means never stop spamming the flames!

I've never had such little issue keeping myself healed while tanking.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

It makes a big difference playing with people who know what they're doing, or at the very least are willing to correct themselves. Last night was awesome, and we need to make it a regular thing.

I tried out a new build yesterday on my hard light hero. It was pretty awesome, but I didn't get a chance to try it in groups before we started our awesome villainy action.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Ahhhh I need to play with ya'll. I wanna get to Tier 3 but I've been leveling up other poo poo. I have Legendary on PC for a few more months so I can replay badge the poo poo out of stuff if anyone is down for some duos on Hero at some point.

Also, just wanted to say how easy it is to get people hooked on this game once you teach them the basics. I swear, anyone I've met that hates this game seriously had no idea how it worked and how synergy with power/weapon can effect your enjoyment. I taught a friend with no MMO preconceptions and he's addicted now. I won't say it doesn't have its problems, and if you don't like it, fair enough, but I just feel like even though it can be a simple game it still has more depth than at first glance.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

mastajake posted:

Last night was awesome, and we need to make it a regular thing.

I am definitely down for more of that. I really need to start getting more controller gear though because I felt kind of inadequate when I would be spamming Recharge and seeing bars go up maybe 20% at a time.

I logged on for a bit today and bought up all of the intro PvP set, holy poo poo I haven't modded it or anything and I'm at a PvP CR of 77! My PvE CR is only 35, but that's because I'm using PvP weapons and the only non-leveling gear I have is a back piece. I need to hit the forums and read up on the R&D/socketing stuff since I figure I'll probably be wearing t1 gear long enough to make that worthwhile.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

I am definitely down for more of that. I really need to start getting more controller gear though because I felt kind of inadequate when I would be spamming Recharge and seeing bars go up maybe 20% at a time.

I logged on for a bit today and bought up all of the intro PvP set, holy poo poo I haven't modded it or anything and I'm at a PvP CR of 77! My PvE CR is only 35, but that's because I'm using PvP weapons and the only non-leveling gear I have is a back piece. I need to hit the forums and read up on the R&D/socketing stuff since I figure I'll probably be wearing t1 gear long enough to make that worthwhile.

You just need to go for vitalization > dominance, really. Once you start getting your T1 PvE gear you will be taken care of, and that is just an issue of grinding MoTs.

mastajake posted:

It makes a big difference playing with people who know what they're doing, or at the very least are willing to correct themselves. Last night was awesome, and we need to make it a regular thing.

On this note, I am constantly worried about my game when I do anything other than DPS. Any feedback?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Trying to decide on a loadout for my Controller...

1. Claws (PoT & combo starter)
2. Recharge (Power dump)
3. Whip Thrash (Defense Debuff)
4. Light Weight (AoE/PBAoE DoT/Damage, Damage Debuff)
5. Chompers (AoE DoT & Fear)
6. Group Shielding (50% supercharge, shield & PoT)

I think I'd rather have Ram or Grasping Hand instead of Whip Thrash, IIRC you can use them in infinite ranged combos (Ram to Grasping to Light Blast or something?) but apparently that particular debuff is a pretty big thing for the Controller to have.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

Trying to decide on a loadout for my Controller...

1. Claws (PoT & combo starter)
2. Recharge (Power dump)
3. Whip Thrash (Defense Debuff)
4. Light Weight (AoE/PBAoE DoT/Damage, Damage Debuff)
5. Chompers (AoE DoT & Fear)
6. Group Shielding (50% supercharge, shield & PoT)

I think I'd rather have Ram or Grasping Hand instead of Whip Thrash, IIRC you can use them in infinite ranged combos (Ram to Grasping to Light Blast or something?) but apparently that particular debuff is a pretty big thing for the Controller to have.

That debuff is the main thing controllers are useful for in a boss fight(after being a power battery, ofc).

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Controller#Special_Powers_and_Abilities

Those top 2 blocks give you a breakdown of what powers are useful based on effects, which should help planning your loadout.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Is the Healing debuff useful in PvE content? I can see it for PvP but I'm not aware of many cases in PvE it would be notable. Plus grabbing Snap Trap would mean dropping Chompers or Group Shielding. Although I guess Chompers wouldn't do much in PvP (hilarious if you lost control of your character when Feared though) so there's a spot to put Snap Trap...

e: And the debuffs only apply while in Controller stance, right? Not while you're in DPS mode?

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home
Speaking of are there ANY easier ways to get from like, CR 62 to the next tier? Like the next set of content is at 70 or so, and I have a friend I play with but he's progressively wildly faster than I am despite having a lead on time (dude needs a break). While raids are the fastest way to get marks it's also the most mind-numbing experience when people start arguing and chain of command breaks down and aaaAAAAA.

I hate it. I hate grinds. It's so bad.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Duet posted:

Speaking of are there ANY easier ways to get from like, CR 62 to the next tier? Like the next set of content is at 70 or so, and I have a friend I play with but he's progressively wildly faster than I am despite having a lead on time (dude needs a break). While raids are the fastest way to get marks it's also the most mind-numbing experience when people start arguing and chain of command breaks down and aaaAAAAA.

Play with goons. Don't stress, have fun.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Duet posted:

that is the exact jump i am making ._.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll be on tonight to do more T1 poo poo with my Ice tank, if anyone's interested.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Honest-to-god, here's two tips that are mildly repetitive but will seriously streamline your T3-T4 grind, from someone who's 2 CR points away from T4 and just needs the marks for the gear:

- Buy Lightning Strikes or have access to it via subscription. This DLC is basically Cheat Mode for hitting T4. Even if you just stick to the in-CC dailies and don't do bounties, that's roughly 70 marks a day. (Add in bounties and that's another 90 per.)
- Run the T3 Challenges, all 4, once a week. One a night, whatever, no need to marathon it, just do it before the thursday night reset each week. You do that and it's 500 marks a week* on the table, which'll get you whichever you prefer for this: either some of the Central City gear, which isn't necessary but includes a free weapon** for whatever role you like and means you won't need to roll on it, or will just be a even-if-you-only-do-these quicker boost to T4 gear, which ranges from 2000-3000 MoTs per piece. 500. 500 marks is a good loving sum, y'know? For poo poo you did when you were level 15.

Add in some raids, or run whatever duo/alert is giving bonus that night, and this poo poo gets even faster. I barely ever touch raids just out of anxiety issues and it's gone faster than I expected.

Hey, while I'm here, lemme get on those OP tweaks.

* Also a bunch of gear you could salvage and/or sell to people via auction house which is how I make a lot of spare cash.
** It's harder to notice thanks to the new shopkeeper system only showing you things you can use, but when you hit CR65? there is a second tier of the SPARC weapons for sale. Grab those and it's yet another nice PvE boost.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Honest-to-god, here's two tips that are mildly repetitive but will seriously streamline your T3-T4 grind, from someone who's 2 CR points away from T4 and just needs the marks for the gear:

- Buy Lightning Strikes or have access to it via subscription. This DLC is basically Cheat Mode for hitting T4. Even if you just stick to the in-CC dailies and don't do bounties, that's roughly 70 marks a day. (Add in bounties and that's another 90 per.)
- Run the T3 Challenges, all 4, once a week. One a night, whatever, no need to marathon it, just do it before the thursday night reset each week. You do that and it's 500 marks a week* on the table, which'll get you whichever you prefer for this: either some of the Central City gear, which isn't necessary but includes a free weapon** for whatever role you like and means you won't need to roll on it, or will just be a even-if-you-only-do-these quicker boost to T4 gear, which ranges from 2000-3000 MoTs per piece. 500. 500 marks is a good loving sum, y'know? For poo poo you did when you were level 15.

Add in some raids, or run whatever duo/alert is giving bonus that night, and this poo poo gets even faster. I barely ever touch raids just out of anxiety issues and it's gone faster than I expected.

Hey, while I'm here, lemme get on those OP tweaks.

* Also a bunch of gear you could salvage and/or sell to people via auction house which is how I make a lot of spare cash.
** It's harder to notice thanks to the new shopkeeper system only showing you things you can use, but when you hit CR65? there is a second tier of the SPARC weapons for sale. Grab those and it's yet another nice PvE boost.

What CR is admission to CC again, anyway? My Lightning Healer has it and is around CR 54 (mostly from poo poo he bought in there) but I can't remember what he needed to be to get in... 40ish, right?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
CR53. Which, if I recall, is the minimum for T3 content anyway, so it should all hit at once.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

CR53. Which, if I recall, is the minimum for T3 content anyway, so it should all hit at once.

Ugh. So far.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Just hit T3. Working on Central City, but really just got on and grabbed all the quests. I'm getting sick of doing dungeons with no healers, we didn't even finish OC because the last part is too hard.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kenshirou posted:

Just hit T3. Working on Central City, but really just got on and grabbed all the quests. I'm getting sick of doing dungeons with no healers, we didn't even finish OC because the last part is too hard.

Maybe I should play my Electric guy more... he's 100% healing specced. Problem there is that he can't solo for poo poo now because of it.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

This week I will totally run Central City stuff with y'all

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Someone needs to run T2 stuff with me so I can join you guys there. I'm Cr 51 right now, and am just missing a couple pieces of T2 armor.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
BTW has someone made the League for Heroes? If not, I can make it if you guys just tell me your usernames and what I should call it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I was gonna make one tonight when I got home but if you're on now go for it. My character's name is Intern Lantern.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
I guess you need a group of people to make it? That's what it's telling me anyways.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Holy crap I get home and this thread has 12 new posts. It's amazing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

mastajake posted:

Someone needs to run T2 stuff with me so I can join you guys there. I'm Cr 51 right now, and am just missing a couple pieces of T2 armor.

I'm down if you want a booster. I actually never ran T2 stuff and need to for some feats.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
If anyone is on their Hero add Anadiell and group with me so I can make a League I guess.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Kenshirou posted:

If anyone is on their Hero add Anadiell and group with me so I can make a League I guess.

Gimme a couple minutes and I'll get on my hero so you can do this.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Okay, I made Goon Unlimited. So hit me up if you want in.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
If the one I JUST joined Friday turns out poorly I'll hop in with y'all in a league proper, but it feels like a huge dick move to go "Oh yeah I'll totally help shore up your midgame player gap" and then leap out half a week later.

That said, add Billy Jeans to your friends and message me anytime you need a healer.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Honestly while I would love to have a goons-only guild, but if it's only going to be the handful of us then it might be worth considering joining an existing league... ?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Well, give it a LITTLE longer to see who responds/wants in, maybe make that recruitment thread, but worst case, hit up someone in All Stars if you see one of us. Good group so far, and a broad enough group you can pretty much go "does anyone want to do (thing)?" and you'll get partial, if not a full group.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Yeah I mean I just made it because why not. If not enough people wanna do anything with it then we can just trash it, but for now let's wait and see if we get enough people to have regular 4v4 and 4man raids.

Leveling up my 2nd character on PS3, a Nature Dual Pistol. It's pretty fun so far, I'm digging the left and middle of the Plant tree a lot.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Sorry to ditch you like that Fuzz, my father showed up and demanded I deal with his crap right loving now and I don't care if you're already doing something. :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

WarLocke posted:

Sorry to ditch you like that Fuzz, my father showed up and demanded I deal with his crap right loving now and I don't care if you're already doing something. :emo:

No worries, I went back to work on my Quantum dude... started getting collections.

• Locked thread