Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

durty posted:

Figured it was time for another lost cities tournament as well

so sign up if you are interested

Will be double elimination format so everyone gets a second chance

Since I am the current Champion do I just have to play the final round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

porktree posted:

Since I am the current Champion do I just have to play the final round?

Yes - just like the Superbowl and the World Series.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

JDM3 posted:

Yes - just like the Superbowl and the World Series.

Exactly!

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I wonder why durty, bummey, kelthorn, and suicidalmaniac aren't also in the first heat. We have an even number of dudes! Challonge why you crazy

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

There seems like there'd be a good reason but I can't put my finger on it. Because otherwise we would have 6 winners and then 3 and we wouldn't be able to pair them off properly then?

We should randomize it before we start anyway.

Also, sign up for the ascension tournament please! There are a few people who were in the first two but aren't in this one!!

http://challonge.com/Gooncension3

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Kelthorn posted:

There seems like there'd be a good reason but I can't put my finger on it. Because otherwise we would have 6 winners and then 3 and we wouldn't be able to pair them off properly then?

We should randomize it before we start anyway.

Also, sign up for the ascension tournament please! There are a few people who were in the first two but aren't in this one!!

Is there a way to add myself to this, or do I just have to post here/message you on challonge? Either way, I'd like to enter, all my usernames are GonSmithe.

Edit- I'm dumb, I figured it out.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 10, 2013

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

Great! All you should have to do is to make a challonge account and then follow the link above, there should be a join tournament option there. No need for me to do anything.

If you're having problems still then join the groupme room, there's always someone there who could help. Or post here again, but it should just work. Famous last words.

FFSabin
Jul 3, 2004

ぐるぐる
I just started playing Ascension a few days ago, really liking it I be in the tournament!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Hrm... ok well can you play multiple people on one iPad for multiplayer? If so, that's ok with me :)
I've recently started playing Caylus on my iPad with my girlfriend, it works really well locally. Same as Neuroshima Hex - there's nothing really wrong with the implementation of the game itself, it's just the multiplayer that might as well not exist.

I'm willing to try a multiplayer game if you like (=TACD= on GC) but as has been said it may just vanish unexpectedly at some point.

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

I am going to start the Ascension Tournament in the next day or so. If you haven't signed up, do so, or miss out forever!

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

It's begun! You should have emails stating who your next match up is. If you've questions or problems, the groupme group is probably the easiest place to get answers.

Kelthorn fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 14, 2013

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I started a game without really thinking. I'm not in groupme yet, so, Beelzebozo, if I forfeit due to the time limit, it's because I'm moving house. The rest of the match/tournament should go fine once after that though.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
I just got an iPad mini solely for playing games and more specifically board games on it. I've been spending tons of money, but I wondered, is there any way to keep track of board game sales in the app store? I bought all of my must haves but there's a long list of games I'd buy if the price were a little better.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Doug posted:

I just got an iPad mini solely for playing games and more specifically board games on it. I've been spending tons of money, but I wondered, is there any way to keep track of board game sales in the app store? I bought all of my must haves but there's a long list of games I'd buy if the price were a little better.

Do you use AppShopper at all? That's pretty much the easiest way to mark and track app price changes and updates, whether for board games or for anything else.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
:siren: Hey assbutts, Ascension just went free. And a new promo card pack was released, too. :siren:

http://appshopper.com/games/ascension-chronicle-of-the-godslayer

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Bummey posted:

:siren: Hey assbutts, Ascension just went free. And a new promo card pack was released, too. :siren:

That game-ender monster that empties the honor pool is brutal, and so is the "aquire all heroes in the center row" hero. At least Ascension keeps the fairer cards in the main decks and leaves the wacky effects for promos.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
I'm wondering how Risk is on the iPhone. I almost bought it, but all the negative reviews on the App Store turned me off to it. Have there been any patches to it to fix the cheating AI? Are the reviewers overreacting?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Roshambo posted:

I'm wondering how Risk is on the iPhone. I almost bought it, but all the negative reviews on the App Store turned me off to it. Have there been any patches to it to fix the cheating AI? Are the reviewers overreacting?

It was one of the first games I got on iPhone, which has been a couple of years ago now so my memory is kind of spotty. I don't remember it being horrible or the AI cheating, and I think I got a couple of weeks out of it as my game of choice before moving on to other stuff.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Bummey posted:

Bummey posted:

Thanks for this!!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Roshambo posted:

Don't buy RIsk. Buy Strategery. It"s superior in every way imaginable.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strategery/id298908505?mt=8

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

FFSabin posted:

I just started playing Ascension a few days ago, really liking it I be in the tournament!

The tournament has started and we don't know your playdek account name, FFSabin. You've got to make an online account and let us know your user ID. Your opponent is thegreatcodfish!

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
If you are 'Simple9' in the ascension tournament, I'm having trouble adding you to my friends list in the ascension app. Can you send an invite to 'Quickpull' so we can start our game?

jungn
Mar 19, 2012
I just picked up ascension. I played through the tutorial and hope to join in the next tournament!

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Quickpull posted:

If you are 'Simple9' in the ascension tournament, I'm having trouble adding you to my friends list in the ascension app. Can you send an invite to 'Quickpull' so we can start our game?

Hey Quickpull,

I'll try to add you tonight.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I've been informed by a friend that Small World has received an update and now has full online multiplayer support. Has anybody played it to give any insight into how worthwhile a purchase it would be?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

TACD posted:

I've been informed by a friend that Small World has received an update and now has full online multiplayer support. Has anybody played it to give any insight into how worthwhile a purchase it would be?

I've been beta testing it for weeks. Ask me anything. (I think it's worth a purchase, but I'm probably an unreliable opinion since I love the cardboard game.)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
It's so beautiful

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
How depressing.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

I knew I shouldn't have committed so hard to that mess.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Suicidal Maniac posted:

I knew I shouldn't have committed so hard to that mess.

Never commit to a big city against Bummey. His whole Carc play style revolves around salting the earth and limping across the finish line.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

TACD posted:

I have Smallworld -but have never played it before. I'd be happy to loose to many of you vis-a-vis my Agricola skilz.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

porktree posted:

I have Smallworld -but have never played it before. I'd be happy to loose to many of you vis-a-vis my Agricola skilz.

Befriend me! That goes for anyone looking for Small World matches.

FFSabin
Jul 3, 2004

ぐるぐる
Sorry guys, my playdeck name is Trombed. I'll take any loss for any inconvenience I caused.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you're not actively loving others over in Carc you're not playing to win, plain and simple. :colbert:

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

The Orange Mage posted:

If you're not actively loving others over in Carc you're not playing to win, plain and simple. :colbert:

My wife doesn't play Carc with me any more :(

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
Just a heads up, Scotland Yard is on sale for 99 cents. I haven't played it but I've heard it's similar to Letters From Whitechapel and Fury of Dracula.

http://appshopper.com/games/scotland-yard

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

PFlats posted:

My wife doesn't play Carc with me any more :(

This is why in my house we have Glen More. Carc-style tile-laying but with fiddly economy bits! :eng101:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Doug posted:

Just a heads up, Scotland Yard is on sale for 99 cents. I haven't played it but I've heard it's similar to Letters From Whitechapel and Fury of Dracula.

I used to love the board game version as a little boy, let me know if the iOS port is any good. Got a huge backlog of things to play but I may have to make an exception for that one due to childhood nostalgia.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Doug posted:

Just got this. Never played it before but it seems pretty fun, and the port seems pretty solid so far (though the last tutorial seems to have a bug that prevents me from getting very far into it). Not terrifically deep but easy to learn. I also imagine this would be more fun in person so you can watch the person playing Mr. X poo poo themselves as everybody converges on their position.

If anybody wants to hit me up for a GC game, I'm =TACD=

Edit: Hrm, this seems to be one of those games that only supports 'live' online multiplayer. Probably best to only get this if you plan to play it locally.

TACD fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Hey Verno, been a couple of days so just checking to see if you got my Ascension invite.

• Locked thread