Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Jackard posted:

Uhh no, she only spared Armin and nearly killed the other two, but was distracted by Armin shouting that Eren was dead.

Yeah thats what I thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Captain Backslap posted:

For me it was pretty much entirely based on her appearance and confirmed even more by the fact that she kicked Eren's butt. And was also the only one of the rookies not present anymore but who had seen Eren come out of the Titan. Some of us a pretty certain that she's not the only one, too. I won't name names but, now that Annie has been confirmed, the other mole is extremely obvious after rewatching a few episodes.

You forgot to mention that her fighting stance is the exact same in titan form.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Eej posted:

You forgot to mention that her fighting stance is the exact same in titan form.

Nah, I think that's probably everyone's fighting stance, even Eren. That's just based on real fighting; keeping your arms in lets you protect your body and torso from blows at the same time. Or maybe you're right and Eren strikes the pose because he learned it from Annie, and it was intended as a clue. Not a lot of hand to hand shown. :shrug:

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 16, 2013

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

From like 13 pages ago:

Tzen posted:

I don't know why but I loved the green tint to Eren when the huge titan shows up.

I really don't know why they changed it. The green tint is such a defining, stylized visual for this anime.

Just look at this:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WYA posted:

I thought it was Eren's mom for some reason, seemed like it would be poetic (also because she cried when Eren was taken back). What's everyone's interpretation of her crying?
That's not crying, that's her eyes oozing out of her sockets because Levi just jammed two swords literally up to the hilts into her eyeballs and all the fluid's leaking out.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Captain Invictus posted:

That's notcrying, that's her eyes oozing out of her sockets because Levi just jammed two swords literally up to the hilts into her eyeballs and all the fluid's leaking out.

It might not have been literal tears, but it was meant to show how defeated she felt right then, along with how she just slumps down and doesn't even bother trying to give chase.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
At no other point during all the eye jabbing did she look like that. Her eyes are healed at that point, too.
Maybe you don't quite get what we're talking about.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/83611/shingeki-no-kyojin_ch30_by_tdx/31

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 16, 2013

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Levi even makes a point of looking surprised that she was doing that. So yes, it was, in fact, tears.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
:ssh: It was a joke!

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Ah. Well, that's at least the 2nd time I saw that and we're in an anime thread so you can only assume so much.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
It wasn't much of one because people have made that claim in total seriousness.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
oh hey so the person who looked exactly like the lady titan was in fact the lady titan

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

AnacondaHL posted:

From like 13 pages ago:

I really don't know why they changed it. The green tint is such a defining, stylized visual for this anime.

Just look at this:

If you rewatch that scene, you will see that when the Colossal Titan shows up, everything gets tinted green, but then all of the lighting goes back to normal. It doesn't make sense to keep Eren tinted (although he is tinted for just a little bit).

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Regarding the female titan: Annie is also decidedly anti-monarchy, which is another hint. Still, it has to suck for the others to find out it was her. They trained with her for three years, and she's saved several of their comrades like Connie and Jean from Titans. Then it turns out she's murdered dozens of their soldiers for whatever reason. No wonder Eren is conflicted. I thought his line about the joke and all that was less "it can't be true" and more "I'm giving you a final chance", anyway.

I love his delivery when he's coaxing her to go down the stairs. "No, I'm not acting suspiciously at all ahaha".

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 16, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renoistic posted:

I love his delivery when he's coaxing her to go down the stairs. "No, I'm not acting suspiciously at all ahaha".

No kidding. Armin's not too great either; really, Mikasa's the best of the three, and that's only because her not saying anything and just glowering all the time is normal so it's hard to tell the difference. They are not particularly guileful, our heroes.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I had already come to my own conclusions as to who the female titan was and really did not realise Armin and co had figured out that annie was the main suspect. I just thought she put the ring on as a precaution it was only at the underground passage when i noticed how awkward they were all acting and figured out what they were doing.

They have dealt with this series so well its going to be agony waiting for the next season

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

VoLaTiLe posted:

They have dealt with this series so well its going to be agony waiting for the next season

Read the manga and then join us in the manga thread.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If Annie laughing isn't actually the #1 scariest thing in the series so far, it's pretty high on the list. I can't wait to see gifs!

Also, I hope we find out who Annie's dad is and why he was training her up so hard. The answers to those questions should reveal a lot about the Titan conspiracy, so they'll probably stay secrets until the season finale at the earliest.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pththya-lyi posted:

If Annie laughing isn't actually the #1 scariest thing in the series so far, it's pretty high on the list. I can't wait to see gifs!

Sasha is still the scariest.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
It occurs to me that we know nothing about the history of many of the recruits. Fem-titan speculation: Annie supposedly came from Trost after the massacre, but I don't think there's anyone who can actually vouch for that. I have a suspicion that she was raised outside the walls, and then infiltrated into the city during all the chaos. Hell, the reason for the entire first attack might have been to infiltrate her and other titan agents.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Heliotrope posted:

I was kind of laughing at Eren this episode.

ANNIE WHY ARE YOU SAYING THESE THINGS? ANNIE WHY ARE YOU SAYING ARMIN IS RIGHT? ANNIE YOU HAVE A REALLY lovely SENSE OF HUMOR AND ARE GOING ALONG WITH ARMIN AS A JOKE EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE NEVER JOKED BEFORE AND THIS ISN'T A TIME FOR JOKES, RIGHT?

Eren just wants to go back to the early days when everyone knew who their friends and enemies where and there was none of this human element bullshit to complicate his revenge fantasies against the mindless monsters.

Those where the days. :smith:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 17, 2013

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

From the manga thread:

jonjonaug posted:

We need more bakers.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Genocyber posted:

From the manga thread:

Nothing to see here, just an endless stream of parkouring bakers.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Genocyber posted:

From the manga thread:

I can't imagine how much effort went into making this gif look as amazing as it does. Hot poo poo.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

WYA posted:

I thought it was Eren's mom for some reason, seemed like it would be poetic (also because she cried when Eren was taken back). What's everyone's interpretation of her crying?

I thought this too. I also thought it was Annie betraying them with all the military around, what they were saying fit that until the very end.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
From the manga thread again:

Coughing Hobo posted:

Turns out all of the bakers survived.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
So something I'm wondering about is Annie's motivation during the previous arc. If she was purely intent on killing Eren, why didn't she just bite him in half when she ripped him out of his titan form? Or even swallow him? She was running away with him in her mouth and that was pretty much the only reason Levi and Mikasa were able to recover him. Was it her intent perhaps to recruit him to whatever cause or faction she is a part of?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Maybe she wanted to know what the hell his dad did to him and how much his dad knows about titans.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

We need more bakers.

And all those bakers can turn into Titans.

Baker Squad.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Amstrad posted:

So something I'm wondering about is Annie's motivation during the previous arc. If she was purely intent on killing Eren, why didn't she just bite him in half when she ripped him out of his titan form? Or even swallow him? She was running away with him in her mouth and that was pretty much the only reason Levi and Mikasa were able to recover him. Was it her intent perhaps to recruit him to whatever cause or faction she is a part of?

Her motivation was probably "My orders from my superiors is to capture Eren." Whatever faction is involved in busting down the walls wants to get their hands on Eren, probably to figure out what the gently caress is going on, and Erwin even counted on it.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

:toot:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Oh, here.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I honestly found nothing scary or frightening about Annie's laughter. You can see on her face that she's pretty relieved about the whole thing. It's more of a "You got me. Thank god." kind of face. You can also see her maybe flinching away from Eren's reaction to her in their Titan fight. Really, the series underpins its characters really well by their actions.

I'm actually glad they put the laugh back in, as it's something I felt the manga lacked. I just wish they hadn't taken out the establishing piece that focused on her relationship with Eren.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

I just wish they hadn't taken out the establishing piece that focused on her relationship with Eren.

I don't know what might have been but I also think they should have kept it. We know as a fact that Eren is good friends with Annie, just as he is with the majority of the trainee corps, but specifically because of this part of the story they should have spent more time developing his relation ship with Annie. Sure we might have questioned it a bit then, but it would have had a big payoff at this scene.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTscV6yGr0Q
Really awesome version of the MV for "This Love" with AoT characters.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Next episode preview spoiler:

ViggyNash posted:

I don't know what might have been but I also think they should have kept it.
From the sound of things, it'll probably be in the next episode.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Kokoro Wish posted:

I honestly found nothing scary or frightening about Annie's laughter. You can see on her face that she's pretty relieved about the whole thing. It's more of a "You got me. Thank god." kind of face.

Really? Because I saw it as a "Thank God I don't have to restrain myself any more :unsmigghh:" kind of face. All in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Really? Because I saw it as a "Thank God I don't have to restrain myself any more :unsmigghh:" kind of face. All in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

It would help if her laugh weren't so creepy.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Anyone else really enjoying the soundtrack? I kept noticing in the show how much emphasis the score placed on certain moments. The last minute of Vogel im Kafig especially.
Gives me goosebumps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEELr0_IyR8

edit: link changed

Tactical Lesbian fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
You're going to want to strip that link, Akarin. :filez: isn't allowed here unless under very certain circumstances, and that isn't one of them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread