Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
I thought they all just did each other's podcasts, as most guests seem to have their own podcasts. Okay, maybe not true for bigger podcasts like the JRE, but still, half his guests are his friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

went with just brian tonight, but goes way off in fukishima and nuclear power, lots of drinks and lots of funny

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I listened to the podcast with just Brian and they referenced the guy who was on previously, saying "he has his opinion and he's entitled to it and..." so I checked it out, thinking he was a crazy conspiracy guy.

Nope, he runs a website where he debunks chemtrails. Oh, Joe

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
I think you missed something. I'm pretty sure they agreed with the debunker.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Not about the whole JFK assassination thing. Rogan seemed a little annoyed that [english guest] accepted the official stance.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
Ah. I missed the one with that guest. I just heard the one with Brian where they recapped a bit. I got the impression they thought he was right about going around calling people out on their crazy bullshit like chemtrails.

dhrusis
Jan 19, 2004
searching...
I was wondering this today and I haven't looked into it, figured one of yall'd know -- what does Rogan think of the Obama birth certificate stuff? I heard him bagging on the concept today talking about "Republican farmers" in California, but not sure what he really thinks.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
The stuff about the Tony Hawk video game guy was in regards to 9/11 poo poo. How kept insisting that the manoeuvres to hit the Pentagon would be impossible to do without using drones or some poo poo.

He says as much poo poo as he can without being confrontational, but he's a classic conspiracy theorist who can't be swayed with any evidence.

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.
Probably my favorite offhand Redban comment in a while comes at 56:30 or so into this podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm27e0oc1lM&t=3392s. The guy is showing off his highlight video with ridiculously intense dubstep and if you've watched Joe Rogan Questions Everything it's pretty hilarious.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Maybe I haven't been paying attention - has Joe always been vocal on the "if there's smoke there's fire" link between autism and vaccines?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Joe Rogan is a loving moron so, probably.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
maybe he just knows that redban was vaccinated

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
:siren: actual super funny line by Redban on the most recent Duncan Trussell episode :siren:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

Maybe I haven't been paying attention - has Joe always been vocal on the "if there's smoke there's fire" link between autism and vaccines?

He's mentioned it on at least one other podcast. Seems like through Google or what mongoloids post on his forum hes reading from anti vaccination sites that conflate mitochondrial disorders with "autism like symptoms" with autism.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

David Choe killed it on the last podcast. He's got some pretty drat good stories.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone recommend a particularly "uplifting" episode? An interview with someone really positive? I liked the episode with that one psychedelic artist, for the record. Something Gray?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Alex Grey, I think he was on twice.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Does anyone like Duncan Trussell? I've heard him on JRE a couple of times, he just strikes me and loving retarded. Also Joe needs to stop mentioning lymes disease.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008
Yea, enough people that he has his own podcast/forums. Duncan is one of the only folks who I'll actually listen in for these days but to each their own.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

ChocNitty posted:

David Choe killed it on the last podcast. He's got some pretty drat good stories.

Yeah this episode was tremendous

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Ghetto Blaster posted:

Does anyone like Duncan Trussell? I've heard him on JRE a couple of times, he just strikes me and loving retarded. Also Joe needs to stop mentioning lymes disease.

I know some folks who love him, so I took the extra step of listening to a couple episodes of Duncan's own podcast, but I can't stand him either.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I like him when he's a guest on someone's podcast but I can't listen to his own.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I really enjoy Duncan on JRE, and his Podcast is okay when I need to kill time.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44

Ghetto Blaster posted:

I think he's a really really funny guy, but I can't sit through an hour long podcast about new age spirituality. Nevertheless, his podcasts with his mother DID make me cry. The JRE episodes in the #100s with Duncan are the most memorable to me, but those are the first full episodes I ever listened to.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Duncan was responsible for my favorite JRE moment of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfy7LQFuM9E

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress yes. I was 99% sure what that would be before I clicked it. I remember hearing that when I was a commercial delivery driver and having to pull over because I was crying from laughter

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

beep by grandpa posted:

This is what I link people whenever somebody asks me what I find entertaining about JRE when it's pretty common knowledge that Joe has dumbass shithead opinions about a bunch of stuff.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Anyone recommend a particularly "uplifting" episode? An interview with someone really positive? I liked the episode with that one psychedelic artist, for the record. Something Gray?

I was actually going to suggest Alex Gray's first podcast. I think he has had a second one too, which I think I am going to save for a psychedelic experience.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm getting pretty tired of Joe, Duncan, and Ari having paranoid libertarian windbags on their programs to talk about NSA poo poo. Make with the jokes post-haste, funnymen :argh:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

I'm getting pretty tired of Joe, Duncan, and Ari having paranoid libertarian windbags on their programs to talk about NSA poo poo. Make with the jokes post-haste, funnymen :argh:

I'll take that over the MRA poo poo in the new one with Sam Tripoli.

Actually I'll take neither, sweet job Joe.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mcvey posted:

Sam Tripoli is anti-comedy.

Buck Angel is a guest soon?

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
Josh Barnett was on again for any MMA fans and he was hilarious. Only he can go from talking about Magic: the Gathering, to how to deal with muay thai knees in the clinch in one podcast.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

toggle posted:

Made it through about 10 minutes with this guy before deleting the episode. He's awful.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

toggle posted:

One hundred percent.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

-Atom- posted:

One hundred percent.

:laffo:

Tremendous!

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
I didn't see that episode, but tripoli has always been the most annoying guy in Rogan's crew.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

mcvey posted:

Whenever Joe announces Sam Tripoli is next on the podcast, i'm painfully reminded of the fact that he actually has fans. poo poo, he's even worse than Eddie Ifft.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Did Buck Angel talk to Joe about trans issues at all?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Sam Tripoli I can handle, Eddie Bravo on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Buck Angel loving hell.