Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

I may or may not be able to make it to GA today. I have a couple of things scheduled very close to start time and not at all sure if I can get back in time, so force Kreczor to stop playing Final Fantasy and come kill angry laser dude instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

SlayVus posted:

What are the mats for the new seal?

Universal mats are, to the best of my knowledge, 10 laminated madrosa lumber, 10 regal distillate (these are combined in something made by apoths) and 2 swirling infinity particles. After that it's 15 each of 2 other top tier mats (for example, Impervious Truehide and Rhenium Superalloy for Endurance, Laminated Madrosa Lumber and Rhenium Superalloy for Dex).

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Tairon posted:

I may or may not be able to make it to GA today. I have a couple of things scheduled very close to start time and not at all sure if I can get back in time, so force Kreczor to stop playing Final Fantasy and come kill angry laser dude instead.

Sure, I'll hop on tonight for the raid. What's your IGN? Are you Antaris? Either way I'll be around to step in.

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
In case anyone missed it, when you make your crafted cape hold onto the Torvan one. It will be part of the upgrade cost for these new crafted ones in a later patch.

quote:

We recently got tech that we'll be using in the future, where we can actually use the upgrade system on crafted gear - and keep the augments from the original crafted piece. In the future, the crafted capes will have an upgrade that uses the Torvan Capes as the upgrade component. ~Daglar
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/dev-tracker/385545-daglar-new-cape-augments.html

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Was doing Storm Breaker Protocol, when suddenly,
[Party] [Erocka@Hailol]: the hives are like female orgasims, completely unnecessary

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Can a warrior tank post some detailed information on some specs to use? I currently have two tank specs that I use regular and I have a third one I am working on to see if there is something I am missing for certain situations.

I currently have a 58Pal/18Reav/0VK physical tank spec. With 0 points in Resolution and 0 points in Light's Hammer for Pally. Then I also have a 61Reav/15VK/0War magic tank spec.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

SlayVus posted:

Can a warrior tank post some detailed information on some specs to use? I currently have two tank specs that I use regular and I have a third one I am working on to see if there is something I am missing for certain situations.

I currently have a 58Pal/18Reav/0VK physical tank spec. With 0 points in Resolution and 0 points in Light's Hammer for Pally. Then I also have a 61Reav/15VK/0War magic tank spec.

I don't warrior tank to terribly much but 61 VK is good for experts. http://www.riftscene.com/guides/classes/warrior/warrior-tank/ also has some pretty decent guides.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just built a 61 VK and it's doing great. It has more armor and resists then my other builds, but also has 10% increased incoming healing with max pacts.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
Started playing this recently, would like an invite to the guild. In game name is Niq.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Do we know what price the old raid gear is going to be in slayer marks?

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

SlayVus posted:

Do we know what price the old raid gear is going to be in slayer marks?

Last post I've seen on the matter is Daglar responding to someone complaining about prices being three times their cost in FES and saying he'd check with one of the other devs about whether that was a bit off from intended.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

61pal 15reaver is optimal over 58/18 and also the top physical mitigation build

38 rv 38vk is the optimal magic tank build and has better cds and utility than 61rv/15vk

61vk/15pal is top dps as a tank build, 61vk/15rv has more mitigation. vk is generally the easiest to play effectively as your bread and butter attacks to crazy damage and you have 4 taunts, 2 of which pull mobs and refresh at random on pact gain.

the number one rule of any tank build with reaver in it is :frogsiren: JESUS CHRIST KEEP BLOOD FEVER UP ALL THE TIME ON EVERY TARGET gently caress:frogsiren:. if you do not you are terrible and bad and ruining everything

41wl 35pal is the dps tank build (do it with a 2h if you're overgeared for the content),

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Daerc posted:

New raptor is up on the PTS.

The model's not great and the animations aren't either. So I'd assume that's pretty much final.

was this a new mount for 2.4, that will be on the Rift store or rep reward? I also agree, the model does not look so hot. I really hope we do not start to see short cuts on release patches just to put something out and try to get money from it.

With all the changes happening since the drama with Elrar, I am nervous about the state of the game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey guys, this is Karx coming back after 3 months or so away from the game. I logged in to <Everything is Fine> and it's telling me the guild transferred? What should I do to go about joining up with you guys again?

Also, has much changed in the last few months?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Verranicus posted:

Hey guys, this is Karx coming back after 3 months or so away from the game. I logged in to <Everything is Fine> and it's telling me the guild transferred? What should I do to go about joining up with you guys again?

Also, has much changed in the last few months?

Leave that shell guild you are in, stay on deepwood, and get an invite into the real Goon Squad.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Vendictus Prime posted:

was this a new mount for 2.4, that will be on the Rift store or rep reward?

That's the new raptor pet for rangers.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It sounds like they pushed a new build to the PTS and are asking players to check it out to see how performance is. Hopefully that means they have made some optimizations and not the other direction. I tried to update but still telling me no new build for region.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So...

Goonsquad needs more clerics right?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

So...

We need more shamans obvi :haw:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Zoness posted:

So...

Rogues actually, also people to show up on progression nights.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I... I forgot ok?! I blame FFXIV raiding.

I probably won't be able to show up on Wednesday because I have an exam the next morning, not sure yet though.

Zoness posted:

So...

RIP Terrible Idea

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Daerc posted:

We need more shamans obvi :haw:
That sounds like so much :effort:

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
I guess I'll take a guild invite. Ioneyek, thanks.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Kreczor posted:

I'll get to 60 some day.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

KaneTW posted:

RIP Terrible Idea

:smith:

Also, apparently there's some more optimization stuff on PTS. Did anyone try it and see a difference?

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

So I want to play this game, but I'm having some indecision about what class to roll.

I know Clerics are really good, but how are warriors? I kind of want to roll something that'll be easy to level and is actually needed.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kevlar Beard posted:

So I want to play this game, but I'm having some indecision about what class to roll.

I know Clerics are really good, but how are warriors? I kind of want to roll something that'll be easy to level and is actually needed.

With the upcoming (3.0) class changes every class will be able to do everything anyway.

All of the classes are pretty close in terms of dps output aside from fight specific stuff at content that 1% of players can complete. Warriors have a kinda-anemic ranged spec though, compared to the ones available to the other classes, but they're top-dog melee.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 17, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Rianeva posted:

:smith:

Also, apparently there's some more optimization stuff on PTS. Did anyone try it and see a difference?

it's not particularly substantial but it's noticeable. i've gained maybe 5 fps in hailol which is a 10% boost but still kinda meaningless. the pixel granularity/low quality terrain option seem to give miniscule performance increases for the amount of degradation

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

KaneTW posted:

RIP Terrible Idea

Zoness posted:

So...

Wait, what? I thought this was a joke. What happened to Terrible Idea?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Wait, what? I thought this was a joke. What happened to Terrible Idea?

Essentially it's no longer intact as a raiding guild with an active roster for 20-man raids. I don't think any more details really bear posting -- I'm just a bystander.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

Essentially it's no longer intact as a raiding guild with an active roster for 20-man raids. I don't think any more details really bear posting -- I'm just a bystander.

Please mail me in-game with all the drama. I love a good story. I heard Thantos Gallone Xentos has some openings. :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Please mail me in-game with all the drama. I love a good story. I heard Thantos Gallone Xentos has some openings. :v:

I'm ignorant to any possible drama and I'm not really interested in joining TGX.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kreczor posted:

I heard Thantos Gallone Xentos has some openings. :v:
I wouldn't join TGX right now if I were you (for various reasons)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

shut up gelly posted:

it's not particularly substantial but it's noticeable. i've gained maybe 5 fps in hailol which is a 10% boost but still kinda meaningless. the pixel granularity/low quality terrain option seem to give miniscule performance increases for the amount of degradation

It might be more effective on lower end computers? I've noticed a few options that don't really do anything for me performance wise anymore when they did before my upgrade.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Zoness posted:

I'm ignorant to any possible drama and I'm not really interested in joining TGX.

There's no drama that you're not seeing. We (the council members) just don't have the time to rebuild the core of the guild anymore like we did two and a half years ago. Moat leaving was just the start of a domino effect.

zerocrash fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 17, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

zerocrash posted:

There's no drama that you're not seeing. We (the council members) just don't have the time to rebuild the core of the guild anymore like we did two and a half years ago. Moat leaving was just the start of a domino effect.

I didn't imply there was, I just wanted to put it neutrally :v:.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well I took my lovely comp on the PTS and things feel pretty good with medium settings. Hard to tell with TB, and with no FPS monitor on that client, but hailol definitely felt smoother. Red circles still lag though so it's not my fault!

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Kreczor posted:

So once I hit max level, what sort of effort is needed to be able to raid at a level that wouldn't be detrimental? Like I'm guessing you couldn't just hit 60 and start cranking hot DPS.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Badfinger posted:

So once I hit max level, what sort of effort is needed to be able to raid at a level that wouldn't be detrimental? Like I'm guessing you couldn't just hit 60 and start cranking hot DPS.

420+ hit for Tier 1, around 20k hp, and full planar essences and runes. Having mostly purples is a good starting point but all of raid tier 1 content was doable in blues with green essences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Get up to 400+ hit and we can happily drag you through farm night and throw almost all rogue gear that drops on you. You can get pretty close to 400 with crafted stuff (crafting rings and maybe one summerfest ring if you have credits to spend, helm, maybe belt and cape). The level 60 blue essences are fine to start with. You won't be cranking hot dps at the start but you can be decent and also play support specs like bard and tact.

• Locked thread