Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

McScumbag posted:

How did you make your cyborg fart?

It is literally an emote anyone can do. Just type "say *fart". There are randomized messages, and cyborgs pick from a whole different list of fart messages. It also plays a little sound clip, and the cyborg fart is tinny and synthetic-sounding.

When the escape shuttle isn't exploding in some fashion, it is usually a chorus of farts, burps, screams, finger-snaps, slaps, saxophone solos, harmonicas, and the occasional vuvuzela. The last three are tied to items instead of characters. There are short cooldowns on all those emotes, plus *dance because of how it interacts with space bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if that's randomized chance or some kind of special superfart, but in one round someone let such a smelly disgusting one rip near the escape shuttle that several people, including me, suffocated before the shuttle could leave. And i was wearing a gas mask at that point. it didn't help

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

HenryEx posted:

I'm not sure if that's randomized chance or some kind of special superfart, but in one round someone let such a smelly disgusting one rip near the escape shuttle that several people, including me, suffocated before the shuttle could leave. And i was wearing a gas mask at that point. it didn't help

Sometimes the admins will let loose a fart so astounding that it rattles the entire station both literally, and figuratively.

I'm not sure but I think there's some way a regular player can do it too, but it will also kill them at the same time from the rectum-sundering force.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dareon posted:

It is literally an emote anyone can do. Just type "say *fart". There are randomized messages, and cyborgs pick from a whole different list of fart messages. It also plays a little sound clip, and the cyborg fart is tinny and synthetic-sounding.

When the escape shuttle isn't exploding in some fashion, it is usually a chorus of farts, burps, screams, finger-snaps, slaps, saxophone solos, harmonicas, and the occasional vuvuzela. The last three are tied to items instead of characters. There are short cooldowns on all those emotes, plus *dance because of how it interacts with space bees.

The new hotkey input system has a dedicated fart hotkey.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

SynthOrange posted:

Of course it does. :allears:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

I have never known a game to have something like that. That is amazing.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

SugarAddict posted:

I have never known a game to have something like that. That is amazing.

It's literally the best thing about the WASD controls (other than the WASD controls being amazing to begin with).

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
And of course if you try to fart after someone's removed your butt, you explode.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Biowarfare posted:

ASK ME ABOUT BEING NEXON AMERICA'S ONLY SYSADMIN
You wouldn't have any funny stories about this pertaining to this thread, would you? :allears:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Segmentation Fault posted:

You wouldn't have any funny stories about this pertaining to this thread, would you? :allears:

If he does, I want to hear some griefing stories about Combat Arms and DFO.

All these SS13 stories make me want to play but it's just hard to make myself do so when it's so laggy for me. :sigh:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Segmentation Fault posted:

Overworking interns, lack of a version control system, accidentally losing backups and source code, code comments being in Korean? Unfortunately not very funny.

I primarily dealt with the 'flagship game' MapleStory, not DFO or CA though I'm reasonably sure DFO was ignored and left to die years ago.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Dareon posted:

In addition to the *fart emote, you can also be a "brobot" and activate the synthesizer module for a selection of even more annoying sounds. Way back I did basically the same thing with its meow setting.

ohnorobot
Nov 24, 2006

10> OH
20> NO
30> GOTO 10

Dilettante. posted:

... Chasing him down, I neglected to unsafety the extinguisher, also changing my HARM intent, So I was smashing poor little chef in the head with it, repeatedly. Unfortunately for him, the fire extinguisher is something the regulars of SS13 would refer to as robust and so he was quickly clubbed into a state of burning unconsciousness. Realizing my error, I readied the extinguisher and began to douse him, unfortunately again, I still hadn't reset my intent to HELP so I was still crushing his skull while dousing him in fire retardant at the same time. I managed to put him out, but the cumulative damage from the fire and blunt trauma had knocked him into critical health. I attempted to preform CPR but a wily medical cyborg whisked him off to medbay...

This reminds me of my VERY FIRST experience with SS13. I decided to try it out after reading all of the amazing stories and decided to jump on a low population server, which was someones sandbox server. So, I'm wandering around in the dark for several minutes, smashing myself in the face with things (babby's first SS13 action) and I stumble across a guy kitted out in full riot gear with a stun baton. He sees me and asks "hey want to see something cool?" he lobs a backpack towards me and tells me to look inside. Reading the griefing stories was enough to give me a healthy sense of paranoia and so I back off and kind of dance around waiting to see what he does. He runs up to pick up the backpack and the whole corridor erupts in fire. Now on fire, he chases me down the hall and falls unconscious before he can catch me.
Being new to the game I think to myself "I should I help him! Then we will be friends and he will share all of the games secrets with me!" I spot a medkit on a table nearby and rush to perform first aid.

Now, for those who haven't played, SS13 has a VERY complicated medical system. It involves different chemicals, diseases, genetic abnormalities, damage types, and from what I've read the HP system is one of the leading causes of lag; having gone years without anyone wanting to untangle its code. This was back when there were just bruise packs, burn patches and pills, but years of playing video had taught me one thing: a medkit is an item.

However, in SS13 it isn't an item that you use, its a container.
I hold the first aid kit in my hand and I click on him.

"You attack Chesty McButtwad in the chest with the first aid kit."

"OH GOD I'M SORRY" I click desperately around the UI trying to figure things out, changing intents dropping things, switching hands. I mash the medkit against him again and again, blood splattering my hands as I fight to save his life.
"OH GOD WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING. I'M SO SORRY."
Finally I hear his death rattle. I dropped the bloody first aid kit at my feet and stood alone in the darkness. My first encounter with another person punctuated with betrayal and murder. Whoever that was, without meaning to, he taught me alot about SS13 that day.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Biowarfare posted:

Overworking interns, lack of a version control system, accidentally losing backups and source code, code comments being in Korean? Unfortunately not very funny.

I primarily dealt with the 'flagship game' MapleStory, not DFO or CA though I'm reasonably sure DFO was ignored and left to die years ago.

Nexon NA can't even begin to translate their own games properly, that alone is all the grief and funny you need out of it. I remember on Mabinogi a few months ago they managed to untranslate super old content dating all the way back to the official release. If anything, I would like to hear your stories of how incompetent the company management is, because I've followed Nexon and their schemes ever since I had experience with mabinogi.

I'm most interested in hearing your take on the 100% copy-paste customer service that never helps anyone, even if they were victims of hacking way long ago.

e. By their own games I seriously mean the games that Nexon Korea develops through companies like devCat (Mabinogi) or Neople (Dungeon & Fighter)

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 14, 2013

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lunethex posted:

Nexon NA can't even begin to translate their own games properly, that alone is all the grief and funny you need out of it. I remember on Mabinogi a few months ago they managed to untranslate super old content dating all the way back to the official release. If anything, I would like to hear your stories of how incompetent the company management is, because I've followed Nexon and their schemes ever since I had experience with mabinogi.

I would prefer to not burn bridges and still have some friends there, and never really dealt with management. This is all Nexon America only.

On the occasions I ran into source code, some devcomments were seriously like
code:
// 이 끔찍한 프로그램 소프트웨어의 예에 불과
because some people don't know the difference between EUC-KR, UTF-8 with or without BOM, and ISO-8859-1 or how to save files. I actually wonder how they managed to know what some of the stuff did without any usable comments.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

BF3 defibrilator kill montage, nothin' fancy but still satisfying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1u5ZjK13Sk

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
He's back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHBJ24hXkTk

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

.TakaM posted:

If only it had better animation it'd be fun to watch.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

.TakaM posted:

This is something of a tradition on goon BF servers going back to BF2. Enjoy BF:BC2's version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXHYdLGGKUA

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

This is awesome, but can it really be considered griefing? The Egyptian SL'ers seem WAY more well-adjusted and fun than basically everyone else Esteban's ever come in touch with.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Friends Are Evil posted:

This is awesome, but can it really be considered griefing? The Egyptian SL'ers seem WAY more well-adjusted and fun than basically everyone else Esteban's ever come in touch with.

Yeah I don't think I'd call it griefing, they seem to rather like him.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
This was posted in the YouTube thread, but it definitely belongs here as well. Crazy man stalking in DayZ. There are four seven parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4pO0sQz94

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 17, 2013

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ragequit posted:

This was posted in the YouTube thread, but it definitely belongs here as well. Crazy man stalking in DayZ. There are four parts:

Holy crap, this is amazing. DayZ looks so wonderful.

EDIT: there are now seven videos.

EDIT: "I just want to play a game...

PIN MATT'S FACE ON MY FACE!"

Sally fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 17, 2013

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Ragequit posted:

This was posted in the YouTube thread, but it definitely belongs here as well. Crazy man stalking in DayZ. There are four parts:

DayZ can be such a horrible clunky piece of poo poo, but when someone creative fucks around in it it can be just great. Haven't touched it in 9 months or so but that video is giving me the urge again.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

That guy sounds a lot like Chozo from that TF2 Heavy vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCiOzL7cYs

Probably not but I like to think he's out there causing mischief in all the games

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 17, 2013

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Ragequit posted:

Good lord that guys has the psycho thing down perfect.

:unsmigghh::LOOK AT ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU!

:gonk::Ohh God, what do you want?

:unsmigghh::"I'M GOING TO WEAR YOU LIKE A CONDOM!"

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 17, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I like that this is such a regular occurrence that there are 7 videos of it.
"I just want to play a game! PIN MATTS FACE ON MY FACE!"

I'd watch a film about a serial killer during a zombie apocolypse.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Best griefing video I have ever seen, even better than Esteban Winsmore.

Now I'm hoping for the time where Matt decides to turn the table on that motherfucker. :unsmigghh:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Nyyen posted:

Good lord that guys has the psycho thing down perfect.

:unsmigghh::LOOK AT ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU!

:gonk::Ohh God, what do you want?

:unsmigghh::"I'M GOING TO WEAR YOU LIKE A CONDOM!"

He sounds like the Psychos from Borderlands 2. How is he doing that perfect "in the distance" yelling? Does DayZ have VOIP enabled and the volume is controlled by the distance from other players?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes, Arma 2 has several voice chat channels with one of them being proximity voice.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ghostlight posted:

Yes, Arma 2 has several voice chat channels with one of them being proximity voice.
Honestly this is a feature I wish almost every game had.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Its strange. The only thing he's doing is actually acting like the psychopath the game encourages you to be, yet I cant stop laughing

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Vib Rib posted:

Honestly this is a feature I wish almost every game had.

In theory yes, in practice no. All it does it make people use outside voice programs whenever possible, so the divide between pickup groups and pre-arranged teams becomes even wider. If everyone used in game voice chat options it would be great.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
For Arma there's even a mod that works with Teamspeak to make terrain effect radio connections.

:spergin: posted:

. Signal lose & distortion from buildings, hills, trees, and other objects
. Realistic power output and antenna length considerations for all radios that effect signal
. Realistic frequency wavelength falloff; higher frequencies do not travel as far

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
If you're watching them, make sure to watch the end of the fourth one. I've logged about 200 hours playing DayZ and had no idea that could even happen.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
That moment was the greatest Day Z related thing I've ever seen. The scream of anguish just kills it.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
Is it even griefing if the person being griefed is laughing hysterically the entire time?

Regardless, those videos are wonderful :allears:

bucketmouse fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Sep 17, 2013

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

bucketmouse posted:

Is it even griefing if the person being griefed is laughing hysterically the entire time?

Regardless, those videos are wonderful :allears:

Props to anyone that can devise a grief entertaining enough that even the target can laugh while you're technically working towards making their game miserable.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Enallyniv posted:

Props to anyone that can devise a grief entertaining enough that even the target can laugh while you're technically working towards making their game miserable.

One man's grief is another man's challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I loved the progression of Mark's reactions from the first video to the last. In the first one he was losing his mind and just running. Then he slowly learns to enlist others to help him. Then he gains enough confidence to try taking the lunatic on with a shoot and run technique. Finally he hunts the guy down confidently and doesn't lose his poo poo at all.

• Locked thread