Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So since I'm only waiting on the 7777 golden cookie clicks achievment and/or a new significant update, I guess the only thing to do is set a completely arbitrary goal for myself. 200 of each building here I come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I'm up over eleven billion cps.

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a cry for help.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Maaaaaan, I wanna reset so bad now that heavenly chips would like triple my income, but I still need 9 antimatter condensers and 200 golden cookie clicks for achievements. :saddowns:

I still don't know why I'm doing this, but cookie needs to be clicked.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Biscuit is the British name for a cookie.

Oh, I know that. I just didn't know there were specific approved Tea Biscuits. I only know one person who actually has biscuits with their tea anyway.

Also, wahey, a Blood Frenzy! I love those. Time for another condenser. Oh, and a lucky cookie after that one. What this game needs is a golden cookie upgrade that lets you save a bonus. I think a blood frenzy lucky cookie would be nice.

RubberBands Hurt posted:

The special cookies have a reduced chance to be the same thing twice in a row, so the trick is to never click the red cookie after you get a good result.

And to always click the red cookie after a bad result.

Also, if you assume the cookie after your good click is bad, then the next cookie after the skipped one is more likely to be beneficial again.

Or cheat. That's the real trick.

And then it just gives you clot then ruin then clot then ruin and so on.

edit: and another loving blood frenzy! gently caress yes! Sometimes the blood cookies don't just want to hit you over the head and steal all your cookies. Sorry for insulting you, blood cookies. You can be nice sometimes.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 17, 2013

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
Been playing legit since friday, up to frenzied production of 125 BILLION cookies per second, every achievement save the reset ones and 100 antimatters/100 of each building, and 3 quadrillion cookies saved up out of 7.5 quadrillion all time cookies.

I still need 27 quadrillion cookies for the last 31 antimatters.
Clicking golden cookies, timing returns to the grandmacopalypse, hoping for an elder frenzy on top of a frenzy, still going to take ages.

Cookies are serious business.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Sayara posted:

Maaaaaan, I wanna reset so bad now that heavenly chips would like triple my income, but I still need 9 antimatter condensers and 200 golden cookie clicks for achievements. :saddowns:

I still don't know why I'm doing this, but cookie needs to be clicked.

Golden Cookie clicks are now persistent across resets, I believe. Although obviously they will temporarily slow down until you grab the upgrades again.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Does cookie monster show you how many heavenly chips you'll have after a reset or how many you'll gain?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

NecroMonster posted:

Does cookie monster show you how many heavenly chips you'll have after a reset or how many you'll gain?

Yes, it does. It's extremely useful because I'm too lazy to plug the numbers into a formula.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Ezzer posted:

Kitten Overseers just doubled my cps to a cool 33 billion :3:

It's nice having enough achievements so that Kitten Overseers more than doubles my CpS.

Now if only I could wait long enough to actually buy Kitten Overseers :negative:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I have a little under three days to go one kitten overseer with the three 100T-1 cookies on the way. That's not too bad (kill me).

Germstore fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 17, 2013

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

RoboCicero posted:

As the guy who made/is updating a Cookie Clicker shmup, you should go all the way.

Incidentally your game is pretty rad, even if Three Ring Binder (Primary School Mix) destroys me every time.

Just one thing- if the cookie were to switch to a new pattern every once in a while autonomously of the player clicking it, that'd be rad. I want to actually survive the onslaught of cookies, not be stuck in some boring pattern like Cronut Catastrophe for ten minutes because I wanted to actually experience the patterns instead of buying so many clicker upgrades the patterns don't get a chance to start.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

troofs posted:

I'm up over eleven billion cps.

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a cry for help.

I just reset and got a total of 407 heavenly chips. It took me less than 4 hours to get to 15 billion cps. :negative:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Germstore posted:

I have a little under three days to go one kitten overseer with the three 100T-1 cookies on the way. That's not too bad (kill me).

Skip the multiplier cookies and just golden cookie chain your way up to 900T for the Kitten Overseers. It'll pretty much double your CPS instantly, so the cookies will come much faster.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Especially because if you go for the cookies first, you have another 11 cookies. 7 that unlock once you buy the previous one, and four that unlock at 10t-1 cookies that give +20% each.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Those who cheat in any way, shape or form (I'm looking at you cookie monster users) don't deserve to wear the cookie.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

AnonSpore posted:

Palmiers are really great but are basically fat in cookie form.

I don't understand the use of the word "but" in here.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Those who cheat in any way, shape or form (I'm looking at you cookie monster users) don't deserve to wear the cookie.

Cookie Monster just tells us numbers we could crunch on our own and suggests what to buy. It is us who makes the decisions.

the golden cookie timer is pushing it, though

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Four goddamn billion cookies a loving second, and it's still not enough.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I care how other people play an idle-game.

Interesting outlook. I'll be sure to consider it while I use my golden cookie auto-clicker and cookie monster.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I reset to give me more motivation to play GTAV and stop watching golden cookies. This is going to backfire, isn't it?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

I reset to give me more motivation to play GTAV and stop watching golden cookies. This is going to backfire, isn't it?

Big time.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

How can you play GTA when you haven't even gotten kitty overseers again?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

What are these other games you speak of?

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Well the last half hour was spent watching the screen for those first two golden cookies, so it's looking like a bad idea.

On the plus side, a few minutes after the second cookie I'm up to alchemy labs again!

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.
1.4 billion a second an hour after reseting.

Guys i think i have too many cookies.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Too many cookies?

What would your grandmother say? :colbert:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Too many cookies?

What would your grandmother say? :colbert:

Why is she saying anything when she's supposed to be baking cookies?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kibayasu posted:

200 of each building here I come!

I got some bad news for you.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Gee, the game is giving me a dialogue box basically saying "Are you REAAAAALLY sure you wanna buy this?"

Hell yes I'm beginning the grandma singularity, I need to make more goddamn cookies.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kibayasu posted:

So since I'm only waiting on the 7777 golden cookie clicks achievment and/or a new significant update, I guess the only thing to do is set a completely arbitrary goal for myself. 200 of each building here I come!

I was kind of thinking of doing this but since I'm not cheating, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to achieve this before the sun swallows the Earth.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
How much do you want to bet that the prestige update was so that when he rolls out an update whose content requires you to not start the Grandmapocalypse people don't kill themselves at the prospect of having to reset?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Eagerly looking forward to the true true neverclick achievement, bake 1 million cookies using nothing but golden cookies.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Interesting outlook. I'll be sure to consider it while I use my golden cookie auto-clicker and cookie monster.

Your cookies taste weird, it's probably because they are made with lies.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

My growth is now dependent on waiting for a red cookie that will give me a bunch of cookies.

It's like a 1 in 7 chance for one of click frenzy/elder frenzy/chain, that's all I ask for :(

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Getting achievements is satisfying. You want to know what is even more satifying? Hard resetting and getting all the achievements again. :unsmigghh:

I've gone through about five hard resets.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Just got Frenzy + Clicking Frenzy twice in a row.

Went from 90 trillion hand-made cookies to 1.7 quadrillion

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
At this point I'm more excited about the dungeons for Cookie Clicker than I am for BF4 or Watch_Dogs. What is wrong with me?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Funkz posted:

At this point I'm more excited about the dungeons for Cookie Clicker than I am for BF4 or Watch_Dogs. What is wrong with me?

Nothing at all. Keep clicking.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Eagerly looking forward to the true true neverclick achievement, bake 1 million cookies using nothing but golden cookies.
I'm up to 10 trillion baked cookies, none of them hand-made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Romeo Charlie posted:

I'm up to 10 trillion baked cookies, none of them hand-made.

Right, but this hypothetical achievement would also mean no buildings. :v:

• Locked thread