Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wouldn't that require you to click almost 77,000 golden cookies? They'd never give you more than 13 at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

Wouldn't that require you to click almost 77,000 golden cookies? They'd never give you more than 13 at a time.
That it would. Have fun with that AnonSpore.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

It's a yugioh card, but it's the first thing I think of every time that news ticker about the kittens wearing hard hats comes up

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Funkz posted:

At this point I'm more excited about the dungeons for Cookie Clicker than I am for BF4 or Watch_Dogs. What is wrong with me?

I've seriously put more time into Cookie Clicker than some big games that have come out recently I was heavily anticipating (such as Pikmin 3). I'm fascinated and horrified by that...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hey RoboCicero your fangame has a petite issue.

You didn't put anything in to stop the player from buying upgrades if they didn't have the money for it. Before I accidentally erased my save I had about -7,000,000 and had a cursor auto-firing every 0.00 seconds.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Clicking frenzy stacked on my cookie frenzy. I hand made 500 trillion cookies. Its a good day.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Hey RoboCicero your fangame has a petite issue.

You didn't put anything in to stop the player from buying upgrades if they didn't have the money for it. Before I accidentally erased my save I had about -7,000,000 and had a cursor auto-firing every 0.00 seconds.
I was actually trying to solve the issue of players buying too many auto-click upgrades and defeating the boss before it actually started shooting (now asymptomatically caps at ~ 5% of the health per second from autofire upgrades). Guess how I tested the fix? Guess what I forgot to turn off when I uploaded the build of the game? :v:

VV "Alright, so the upgrade costs go up linearly, but I guess this one upgrade that increases the base power of all cookie drops can also go up linearly? I see absolutely no problem with this."

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 18, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RoboCicero posted:

I was actually trying to solve the issue of players buying too many auto-click upgrades and defeating the boss before it actually started shooting (now asymptomatically caps at ~ 5% of the health per second from autofire upgrades). Guess how I tested the fix? Guess what I forgot to turn off when I uploaded the build of the game? :v:

I just started this and I think you need to reduce the percentage on the "increases cookies gained by x%" upgrade or make it give diminishing returns like the others. As it is right now you can just pump it up to maybe 50 with an unbroken ~2000 stack combo in no time and then just go wild on all the other upgrades.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't know how to install this cookie monster thing and I feel incredibly stupid right now!

Also I haven't played this game in a while. What the hell's an Antimatter Condenser!? What are Kitten Overseers?! Get off my lawn you drat kids!

Also do I take off Elder Covenant or leave it on? :saddowns:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Whoa, just got a 'Lucky!' cookie that awarded me over 1 billion cookies for the first time. That was quite a lot considering I'm only at ~30 million cps.

Also, how do you get Frenzy + Clicking Frenzy at the same time? Dumb luck or just buying all the Luck upgrades?

[edit]
^^^^^
See here for the Cookie Monster code, and how to paste it into your Javascript console:
http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Monster_(JavaScript_Add-on)
http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Cheating#Browser-specific_console_instruction

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 18, 2013

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!

Merijn posted:

Also, how do you get Frenzy + Clicking Frenzy at the same time? Dumb luck or just buying all the Luck upgrades?
It's just dumb luck (tho you do need all the golden cookie upgrades, since without double duration frenzy you won't even get the chance to get both at once). Think the chance for getting Clicking Frenzy is just so low in the first place (~1.5%?), so it's not awfully common. Amazing when it happens either way, with or without Frenzy running.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

You need the upgrades to increase the frequency and duration in order to get a second cookie to drop while the frenzy is active.

Upgraded Frenzy lasts 154 seconds and upgraded frequency drops a cookie every ~70 to ~200 seconds.

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out

Ezzer posted:

Kitten Overseers just doubled my cps to a cool 33 billion :3:

What do you have built that you're getting 33 billion?

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

mag posted:

What do you have built that you're getting 33 billion?

Around 33 bil CPS is what you get if you've got all upgrades and achievements without any heavenly chips.

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out

Svartvit posted:

Around 33 bil CPS is what you get if you've got all upgrades and achievements without any heavenly chips.

Aren't 5 of the achievements contingent on resetting though?

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

mag posted:

Aren't 5 of the achievements contingent on resetting though?

Yes, so you're bound to have more than that in reality.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Man, Grandmas are really unhappy.

"It'll all be over soon" - Grandma
"Why don't you ever visit" - Grandma

And Etc.

Though it did get a bit :black101: to see "We rise" - Grandma when I bought 100 of them.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
This was put up on Orteil's Tumblr just a few hours ago

Girl scouts!

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aFUEevbLPI

Funkstar Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 18, 2013

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Geight posted:

Golden Cookie clicks are now persistent across resets, I believe. Although obviously they will temporarily slow down until you grab the upgrades again.

Thanks, that's nice to know, but on the other hand by the time I get the condensers I probably have those clicked anyway. :v:

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Funkz posted:

This was put up on Orteil's Tumblr just a few hours ago

Girl scouts!

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aFUEevbLPI

That one in the middle looks like she's being infected by the cookie virus. :stonk:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Klayboxx posted:

That one in the middle looks like she's being infected by the cookie virus. :stonk:

She was involved in a terrible baking accident.

Also I am glad that this game is going to include hit squads of girl scout enforces killing disgruntled factory workers.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Klayboxx posted:

Don't live near portals, expert says, your children will grow up weird and corrupted inside.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Some of the grandmas are starting to look like they've been exposed to toxic waste or something.

EDIT: "You make me sick." Grandma.

:smith:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Wade Wilson posted:

Some of the grandmas are starting to look like they've been exposed to toxic waste or something.

EDIT: "You make me sick." Grandma.

:smith:

Yeah, they have been exposed to the cookie portals, which are slowly transforming the space around them into cookies, leading to horrifying mutations and will probably result in the destruction of our reality. Also cookie Cthulhu lives there.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Giggily posted:

Also cookie Cthulhu lives there.

It all comes together. Why do you think those adverts claim to have lovingly crafted recipes? :stare:

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"
Cool, only 6 quadrillion for my next condenser. Higher numbers of heavenly chips seems to mean you hit the wall a lot quicker, it trivializes all the buildup and upgrades except the research wait time.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yeah, you're basically trying to hit the Bingo Hall upgrade as quickly as possible on reset so that you aren't waiting on some key grandma upgrades. Once research starts it's probably a good time to start hoarding up your cookie stash so you'll hit max Lucky! golden cookie payout (and Frenzy + Lucky! once you have all the Golden cookie upgrades).

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
News: Cookie manufacturer completely forgoes common sense, lets OCD drive building decisions!

Rude :mad:

edit: holy gently caress I just got over 666 billion cookies from a cookie chain

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 18, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Middle was in a tragic baking accident, she is not corrupted only a victim of lax cookie factory standards.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

AtomikKrab posted:

Middle was in a tragic baking accident, she is not corrupted only a victim of lax cookie factory standards.

Ah but buying the increased factory standards lowers your CPS by 5% permenantly.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I gave in. I thought I could stop the grandmapocalypse this time, but it has returned, stronger than before.

Maybe the next reset is the one I finally keep away from that option.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

deptstoremook posted:

Cool, only 6 quadrillion for my next condenser. Higher numbers of heavenly chips seems to mean you hit the wall a lot quicker, it trivializes all the buildup and upgrades except the research wait time.

You can cheat the research time to make it instantaneous so you dont have to wait hours for all the upgrades

Luke Skywalker
Oct 12, 2005

the force is strong with this one
I would just like to take a moment and say thank you for this. For years now I've been using my grandmother for indentured servitude, at least now I'm reaping some rewards. Click faster grams!

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
My game stopped spawning golden cookies but I still have the cheap condensers so I don't want to refresh :saddowns:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Should I reset and get my heavenly chips?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DarkSol posted:

Chips are based on all-time baked cookies, not cookies on hand. Need to see your stat page. But uh, given your number of buildings, its safe to say you'd get a lot if you haven't reset before.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DarkSol posted:

How many chips do you have now? Unless you've got tons of them already you should probably reset now.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

DarkSol posted:

Uhhhh... yes. Think you went a bit overboard there.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

22 condensors and 250 cookie clicks to go before my next reset. Figuring I'll get all the achievements to maximize milk so as soon as I get kittens I start raking in stupid money. 6qa on this reset, 600t on the last one. Going to have like 300 chips by the time I reset.

edit: 300%, not chips. Maybe 400%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Kibayasu posted:

Chips are based on all-time baked cookies, not cookies on hand. Need to see your stat page. But uh, given your number of buildings, its safe to say you'd get a lot if you haven't reset before.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

How many chips do you have now? Unless you've got tons of them already you should probably reset now.

Maybe just a little bit overboard. :ohdear:

• Locked thread