Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That must only work with pre-paids as with my Credit card it doesn't accept the zipcode if the billing address doesn't match the location of the zipcode.

I'm pretty sure I put my actual credit card info into the eShop. But I do primarily buy the eShop cards at Best Buy. That way I get Best Buy Rewards, Gamers Club Rewards, Credit Card Rewards, and then the 10% back by buying through the eShop. Comes out to like 16% back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
You can get around the tax while using a credit card for purchases, I'm not going to detail it out because I don't know if it's kosher since it's technically tax evasion. It's really not that hard to figure out though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 19):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Game Party Champions - €29.99 / £19.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man X (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Pikmin 3 on the eShop, get Wonderful 101 on the eShop for 30% off! - ends September 21
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.79 until September 19
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £4.19 from September 19-October 3
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 from September 19-October 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - €34.99 / £29.99
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D - €19.99 / £17.99
3DS eSHOP
    AiRace Speed - €4.99 / £4.49
    Rage of the Gladiator - €6.99 / £6.29
    Star Wars Pinball - €4.99 / £4.49
    Bike Racer DX - €2.99 / £1.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 from September 19-October 3[/i]
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.49 from September 19-October 3[/i]

MMX is the US version.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Holy poo poo MMX finally.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kurtofan posted:

This.

I wonder if we're gonna get the other X games as well at some point.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kurtofan posted:

About loving time.

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011
Super Little Acorns seems to have rave reviews, and some of the gameplay seems to be inspired by Bionic Commando or Ninja Five-O with the grappling hook. Is it worth buying if you're into freeform swinging, or if you're into platformers in general?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Dunban posted:

This.

I wonder if we're gonna get the other X games as well at some point.

Hope so, I mean we got X2 on the Wii a long time after X1 came out and never got X3 because of the Wii U coming out. So hopefully X2 and X3 release in a timely manner (MM7 too.)

Not that they will, but wishful thinking doesn't hurt anybody.

What I want to really know is if they're going to try and do Sega Saturn games so we can get MM8 and X4 as well, and potentially have all 10 mainline classic games in one place.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Hope so, I mean we got X2 on the Wii a long time after X1 came out and never got X3 because of the Wii U coming out. So hopefully X2 and X3 release in a timely manner (MM7 too.)

Not that they will, but wishful thinking doesn't hurt anybody.

What I want to really know is if they're going to try and do Sega Saturn games so we can get MM8 and X4 as well, and potentially have all 10 mainline classic games in one place.

I can play all of them on my Wii!

(Though Anniversary Collection is missing the extra fights from the Saturn MM8, and a few other details.)

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm quite looking forward to Airace Speed, the first two Airace games were some of the very best DSiware games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvceaoLt6Q
Here's a trailer for the new 3DS game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XuiFoh7nbI
I like that it's pretty much in the TRON universe now

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Kurtofan posted:

Not on the 3DS. :( Their refusal to port GBA and SNES games to the 3ds is mind-boggling.

snickles
Mar 27, 2010

uPen posted:

Not on the 3DS. :( Their refusal to port GBA and SNES games to the 3ds is mind-boggling.

I'd like to think this is to avoid having people buy two copies of the same game before their unified account system goes live, at which point you'll be able to play any virtual console game you own on either system.

But that's probably not why.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

snickles posted:

I'd like to think this is to avoid having people buy two copies of the same game before their unified account system goes live, at which point you'll be able to play any virtual console game you own on either system.

Especially not the case since they have NES games that are on both the 3DS and Wii U (Metroid, Mario 2, among others.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo just announced Wii Sports Club for the Wii U eShop - it's an updated HD version of Wii Sports with MotionPlus support, online play and regional communities called "clubs". It's free to download, with the option of purchasing individual sports, or paying for a "day pass" which gives you access to all available sports for 24 hours.

It'll be out on November 7; tennis and bowling will be available at launch, and it'll come with a free 24-hour trial. Individual sports are €9.99 / £8.99 each, day pass is €1.99 / £1.79.

They also announced some crap relating to Wii Fit U and Wii Street U (Balance Board patch?!), I'll edit later.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So that's what, fifty euros for Wii Sports plus some online features? That seems stiff.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

So that's what, fifty euros for Wii Sports plus some online features? That seems stiff.

I will play the poo poo out of online Wii Tennis.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Wii Street U update is live now, apparently. It's also free until October 31, at least in PAL-land.

Also, here's the scoop on Wii Fit U:

-From November 1, people who own a Balance Board will be eligible to download a free one-month trial of the full game; additionally, if you purchase a Fit Meter and sync it with your game before your trial ends you'll unlock the game for permanent use. The trial offer expires on January 31.

-The Fit Meter will be available at retail on November 1 for $19.99 (no standalone EU price just yet); NA gets one colour (black/silver), EU is getting black, green and red designs.

-The game will get a retail release (including Fit Meter and Fit Meter/Balance Board bundles) on December 7 in EU and December 13 in NA; it'll also hit the eShop on December 13 in NA and February 1 in PAL-land

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly, "hey, if you already have the balance board, here is the new thing + game for $20 for a limited time" is a pretty nice deal.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Also worth mentioning: Iwata made a point of saying that people with the Basic model and/or a full hard drive are gonna want to make sure they have external storage for Wii Fit U. Would have been nice if he'd mentioned the filesize, but whatever.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly, "hey, if you already have the balance board, here is the new thing + game for $20 for a limited time" is a pretty nice deal.

Yeah, I can get behind that. For $20 why not?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So how are they going to figure out who has a Balance Board and who doesn't?

I owned Wii Fit at one point, and registered it to my Club Nintendo account years back, but have long since sold it on to someone else, and will be a bit pissed off if I don't get to take part in the promotion because I didn't hold on to the thing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe you just have to have it connected. The system knows what controllers are connected.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's going to be really dumb if it's that. They had a software drought that lasted years and there's a decent chance a normal person would of sold or palmed off the system and its software between then and now.

So it's probably going to be that then.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

greatn posted:

Maybe you just have to have it connected. The system knows what controllers are connected.

Yeah Wii Fit won't function without the board, so you'll likely be able to download it and start it but not actually do anything. However for right now it's not too difficult to get a balance board for cheap.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

njsykora posted:

Yeah Wii Fit won't function without the board, so you'll likely be able to download it and start it but not actually do anything. However for right now it's not too difficult to get a balance board for cheap.

Would I have to go to Ebay for that?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

greatn posted:

Would I have to go to Ebay for that?

Not necessarily, my local Game has a stack of used ones they were selling for £10-15 recently.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

snickles posted:

I would cut a fool for the ability to play Earthbound on my 3DS. It's getting on time for my semi-annual playthrough, and I'd like to finally be able to throw money at Nintendo for the game I discovered years and years after the SNES stopped being a thing.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Crawfish posted:

It's going to be really dumb if it's that. They had a software drought that lasted years and there's a decent chance a normal person would of sold or palmed off the system and its software between then and now.

So it's probably going to be that then.

If you've sold your balance board, then... you don't have a balance board anymore.

I think the spirit of the offer is that since there's multiple components needed for the game (software, board, activity clip dongle thingy), already having a component knocks the price down.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

njsykora posted:

Not necessarily, my local Game has a stack of used ones they were selling for £10-15 recently.

In the US retailers don't sell used balance boards(or DDR pads) for sanitary reasons. People have really bad contamination theory and germ paranoia here.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

In the US retailers don't sell used balance boards(or DDR pads) for sanitary reasons. People have really bad contamination theory and germ paranoia here.

You must live in a different US than I do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

greatn posted:

Uh, what? Are you talking about the United States? Because there's like six used balance boards at my local Gamestop.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Odd, I could swear I remembered them not taking them.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Any word on when Mega Man Xtreme is supposed to drop?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Any word on when Mega Man Xtreme is supposed to drop?

Funny that you should ask:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/18/more-mega-man-still-headed-to-virtual-console-but-it-might-take-a-while/

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So... Drip feed bullshit as usual? Of course they can't actually say that but that's obviously what's really going on.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 19):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Game Party Champions - €29.99 / £19.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man X (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Pikmin 3 on the eShop, get Wonderful 101 on the eShop for 30% off! - ends September 21
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - 50% off until September 22
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £4.19 until October 3
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until October 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - €34.99 / £29.99
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D - €19.99 / £17.99
3DS eSHOP
    AiRace Speed - €4.99 / £4.49
    Rage of the Gladiator - €6.99 / £6.29
    Star Wars Pinball - €4.99 / £4.49
    Bike Racer DX - €2.99 / £1.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - 50% off until September 22
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until October 3
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.49 until October 3

NA update (week of September 19):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - $49.99 (September 20)
    Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - $59.99 (September 24)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Bros (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - 50% off until September 22
    Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Wii U eShop) - 30% off until September 26
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until October 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi - $34.99
    Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - $39.99 (September 24)
    FIFA 14 - $39.99 (September 24)
    Shifting World - $7.99
3DS eSHOP
    AiRace Speed - $4.99
    Rage of the Gladiator - $6.99
    Mahjong 3D - Essentials - $2.99
    Star Wars Pinball 3D - $6.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Solomon's Key (NES) - $3.99
DSiWARE
    Tales To Enjoy! The Ugly Duckling - $1.99 / 200 Points
    Tales To Enjoy! Three Little Pigs - $1.99 / 200 Points
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - 50% off until September 22
    ATV Wild Ride 3D (3DS eShop) - 30% off until September 26
    Bomb Monkey (3DS eShop) - 30% off until September 26
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - 30% off until September 26
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop) - $3.99 off until October 2
    Bike Rider DX (3DS eShop) - $2.99 off until October 9
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Academy: First Semester (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until October 6
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until October 6
    Pilotwings (Wii VC) - 150 Coins, available until October 6
    Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Wii VC) - 150 Coins, available until October 6

Dudes, note the Monster Hunter sale - 50% off on both platforms in both regions for a few days ($30 on WU and $20 on 3DS, I guess).

Hakuoki is an "otome" game, ie a visual novel/dating sim with androgynous dudes instead of prepubescent girls. Aksys seems to be releasing a lot of these lately, or at least a non-zero amount which seems like a lot to me. Who the hell is buying them, exactly?

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dudes, note the Monster Hunter sale - 50% off on both platforms in both regions for a few days ($30 on WU and $20 on 3DS, I guess)

During the week of the Wii U price drop, no less. Dammit, I didn't want to spend more money but that's even cheaper than buying it used physical! What's the space requirements for a download of the Woo version?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Hakuoki is an "otome" game, ie a visual novel/dating sim with androgynous dudes instead of prepubescent girls. Aksys seems to be releasing a lot of these lately, or at least a non-zero amount which seems like a lot to me. Who the hell is buying them, exactly?

Also, this will probably be me. :shobon: It's nice to not be wooing girls all the time when you are actually heterosexual and like when games don't assume you're a dude. So... I guess the answer is female gamers or dudes who don't care?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ooh, that Monster Hunter sale is tempting. Wasn't a big fan of the demo though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^No-one is a fan of the demo, that thing's terrible.

MH3U for WU is a little over 6GB, off the top of my head.

Shoopuf posted:

Also, this will probably be me. :shobon: It's nice to not be wooing girls all the time when you are actually heterosexual and like when games don't assume you're a dude. So... I guess the answer is female gamers or dudes who don't care?

Fair enough, I guess I'm just surprised there's a market for them outside of Japan. I can't imagine they're particularly profitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
This is not a post.