Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I guess when you spend like a month rowing back and forth for every day you spend raping and pillaging you have to pass the time somehow. Impromptu rap battles are as good as anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 649 days!)

Don't forget to write dick-tied-to-goat CBT into the next installment of the hotly anticipated series A Song of rear end and Fire.

Hosni Mubarak
Feb 6, 2011
I think this goes here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQWQ5_SVrU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Came here to make a joke about the book not being written, but instead I got to see a dick tied to a goat. Mission Accomplished

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Uhhh holy gently caress guys. Anyone check Not a Blog today? WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

regulargonzalez posted:

Uhhh holy gently caress guys. Anyone check Not a Blog today? WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE

Hodor dick move.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Azure_Horizon posted:

Hodor dick move.
If you think this series has an ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 18, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Ah, good. Dance is finally going to be in the format of book I can most tolerate reading. gently caress hardcovers forever.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

regulargonzalez posted:

I miss these posts. It used to be that GRRM would come out with some product that was linked to ASOIAF tangentially at best all the time. Now the fucker's so successful he doesn't have to hawk waterlogged out-of-date calendars anymore and his lack of production grows ever more absolute. Soon even his notablog will slow, rousing itself from slumber only on Sundays and select Mondays and Thursdays to let us know that life is meaningless and full of pain.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

Finally...the Meathouse Man graphic novel is coming out...my life is complete

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

regulargonzalez posted:

What the hell, I bought that exact paperback edition like a year ago in the bookstore, is he trolling or something?

Edit: This was in Norway though, have you Americans really been forced to read a brick all this time?

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 18, 2013

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

quote:

Admittedly, trying to handicap the Emmys is a mug's game. You never know. But for what it's worth, I think this year is our best chance of actually winning one. Given the splash the Red Wedding made, our profile is likely as high as it is ever going to be. We had a great season. If the Academy is ever going to give their ultimate accolade to a fantasy show (something that is by no means certain), it's going to be this year, I think.

Haw. Even GRRM admits the steep decline in quality post-Red Wedding.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Greenplastic posted:

What the hell, I bought that exact paperback edition like a year ago in the bookstore, is he trolling or something?

Edit: This was in Norway though, have you Americans really been forced to read a brick all this time?

Yup, hardcover-only here in the US. I ordered the UK paperback of ADWD last year just so I wouldn't break my shoulder carrying the book in my purse.

Also I'm pretty sure nobody asked to see Meathouse Man illustrated. Nobody. :stare:

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
I've just reached the Victarion chapter in my combined re-read of books 4/5. I think I've reached some new level now where I'm so traumatized by rape in these books that when women appear I'm just clenched up waiting for the rape to start. And then I realized I'm to the point where I'm thankful that he doesn't tell us how old the girl is who is eventually raped. Is this how Stockholm syndrome begins?

Skeleton Jelly
Jul 1, 2011

Kids in the street drinking wine, on the sidewalk.
Saving the plans that we made, 'till its night time.
Give me your glass, its your last, you're too wasted.
Or get me one too, 'cause I'm due any tasting.
I've always preferred the Pear-Shaped Man over the Meathouse Man. I really hope they make a graphic novel out of that too!

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Greenplastic posted:

I thought the European ASOIAF books are always released as paperbacks, with each American hardcover split into two books to keep the page count down.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translations_of_A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire looks like some translations do split each novel into 2-4 paperbacks.

DARPA fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 18, 2013

Shroud
May 11, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Also, epic troll-within-a-troll in the announcement

Absolute Fucker posted:

And yes, the paperback will include a preview chapter from THE WINDS OF WINTER. (Though at this point it has been so long that I've forgotten which one it is).

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Shroud posted:

Also, epic troll-within-a-troll in the announcement

ugh i hate that FAT gently caress

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

~30 blank pages in the back of the book is as close as he'll ever get to a "preview chapter" of TWOW.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Every A Song of Ice and Fire book needs to come with a copy of The Pearshaped Man or Meathouse Man as an introduction litmus for the amount of absolute fuckery the reader can take.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm 26 today. It turns out I share a birthday with a certain pear shaped non-writer. Happy birthday you fat gently caress.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Now that he's 65 will he officially retire?

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ShaqDiesel posted:

Now that he's 65 will he officially retire?

Don't despair! It's not like he's ever going to be able to stop not writing. He'll be not writing for many more years to come, brave fan. His words are - as ever, much and more - wind.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
jesus christ he's 65? how is he not dead yet?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

regulargonzalez posted:

quote:

THE WIT AND WISDOM OF TYRION LANNISTER

This looks like absolute poo poo

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

kcroy posted:

Judging a book by it's cover?

(gently caress GRRM)

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
I can't imagine that being anything more than about ten pages of Tyrion quotes and then fifty plus pages of WHERE DO WHORES GO interspersed with TWANG or whatever ontomontopeia that was.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Hunky Joe posted:

I can't imagine that being anything more than about ten pages of Tyrion quotes and then fifty plus pages of WHERE DO WHORES GO interspersed with TWANG or whatever ontomontopeia that was.

It's illustrated too, so I imagine they are using the pictures to take up room.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
My long held dreams of a Song of Ice and Fire Expanded Universe are going to come true soon.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

savinhill posted:

My long held dreams of a Song of Ice and Fire Expanded Universe are going to come true soon.

Bronn is one lame helmet away from being Boba Fett.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Hunky Joe posted:

It's THRUM, isn't it?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whatever the show will catch up to the books and they'll have to do SOMETHING and it'll probably be good.

uptown
May 16, 2009

kcroy posted:

Oh gently caress right off, Gurm. What's next, The Kama Sutra of Dany and Daario? How To Flay Forty Humans, by Roose Bolton?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

uptown posted:

What's next, The Kama Sutra of Dany and Daario?

I'd buy the hell out of this, if only to find out position makes you unsure of who is penetrating who.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Shoehead posted:

It's illustrated too, so I imagine they are using the pictures to take up room.

Yeah... One quote per two pages, talk about value for money!

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Greenplastic posted:

Absolute fuckery most foul. Burn the GRRM.

I wonder how many years it took him to write it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

uptown posted:

Oh gently caress right off, Gurm. What's next, The Kama Sutra of Dany and Daario? How To Flay Forty Humans, by Roose Bolton?

It's actually an instructional manual called How To Flay For Forty Humans. Which is quite possibly worse.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Greenplastic posted:

Well glad to see I wasn't that far off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Greenplastic posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress, this is literally the entire book? Page after page of...this? bahahah