Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Rerelease Persona 3 again, replace Aigis' voice actor with Vocaloid software.

Jesus, Persona 5 with Hatsune Miku as a playable character. Sega promptly makes all the money ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You spent a long time with Miku...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Considering Marie in Golden, Hatsune Miku wouldn't be that big of a drop-off.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus, Persona 5 with Hatsune Miku as a playable character. Sega promptly makes all the money ever.

You mean, Hatsune Miku for DLC with special guest vocaloid personas! Brilliant!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

You know how you need glasses in P4 to see in the fog? In P5 you will need to "hear" the shadows by wearing these special headphones that look conspicuously like vocaloid ones which you can also buy real ones at our Sega merch store.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AlphaKeny1 posted:

You know how you need glasses in P4 to see in the fog? In P5 you will need to "hear" the shadows by wearing these special headphones that look conspicuously like vocaloid ones which you can also buy real ones at our Sega merch store.

Nah, Persona 3 already did headphone-guy. They'll just do another re-release of that.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, Persona 3 already did headphone-guy. They'll just do another re-release of that.

Those headphones were comfortable as hell too, but as far as i can tell they don't make them anymore. So yeah, they should do that, so i can get a replacement pair.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dorroile posted:

Those headphones were comfortable as hell too, but as far as i can tell they don't make them anymore. So yeah, they should do that, so i can get a replacement pair.

They don't make that specific ATH-EM700 anymore, but they do have two other versions. One has wood paneling!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN posted:

They don't make that specific ATH-EM700 anymore, but they do have two other versions. One has wood paneling!

Yeah, but those are like double the price of the old ATH-EM7s. I really want another set. :(

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

A Persona 3 movie is coming out in the fall. Probably followed up by the planned Persona 3DS Nintendo was throwing around at launch.

It was supposed to be the same way with the Devil Survivor 2 Anime, but "Quality Concerns"

Dehry fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 18, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't the Survivor 2 anime complete garbage?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Wasn't the Survivor 2 anime complete garbage?

Yeah. They went off the rails really fast (Everyone, even characters that can't die in the game, died) and spent most of the later episodes exploring Yamato's history and creating factions that never existed in the game.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 18, 2013

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Was Break Record even adding anything besides those really awful looking 3d cutscenes and Yamato's sister, Yamata?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Who knows? They did little more than tease a new character and show that trailer before delaying it.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Was Break Record even adding anything besides those really awful looking 3d cutscenes and Yamato's sister, Yamata?

From what was shown before it was delayed, there was supposed to be a second scenario (the one with the new character in it) that was selectable so you could skip straight to it. It was supposed to go off on its own story paths and what have you like the first one did. I think I remember hearing that the new scenario was supposed to be the size of a full new game itself, but don't quote me on that.

Edit: Actually do quote me on that, that was indeed a thing that was said.

Boneless Jogger fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 18, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dehry posted:

Yeah. They went off the rails really fast (Everyone, even characters that can't die in the game, died) and spent most of the later episodes exploring Yamato's history and creating factions that never existed in the game.

Now you got me curious, which character died?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Alteisen posted:

"Everyone" was a literal statement.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Alteisen posted:

Everybody except Hibiki and Yamato.

e;fb

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

Half way through the game it becomes the sequel to Who framed Roger Rabbit, but Teddie replaces Roger as the detective sidekick.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dehry posted:

Also the final boss was only on screen for like half a second and no one really saw him as really antagonistic.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ChaosArgate posted:

Also the final boss was only on screen for like half a second and no one really saw him as really antagonistic.

Also they didn't even mention fusing demons until a quarter of the way through the final episode.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.crunchyroll.com/devil-survivor-2-the-animation

It's free to stream or you can head over to ADTRW's crunchyroll thread and get a 48 hour pass

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's on hulu as well

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Saigyouji posted:

Everybody except Hibiki and Yamato.

e;fb

That's dumb as gently caress. :argh:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Alteisen posted:

He's wrong, actually. Yamato dies too.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alteisen posted:

The best part is that the anime followed up killing off everyone but the protagonist with the true ending. You know, the one where you had to get to at least rank 4 with everyone (other than the AO) and let no one die? :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Whats this about some sort of P3 re-re-re-release announced at TGS, is it legit?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Whats this about some sort of P3 re-re-re-release announced at TGS, is it legit?

I'm reading Japanese language gaming news as it drops and I haven't read anything about a new P3 yet.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dehry posted:

Honestly, the first part sounds more interesting than doing a direct representation of the game. The second... well, not so much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I'm reading Japanese language gaming news as it drops and I haven't read anything about a new P3 yet.

Ah I see, makes sense. I'm assuming the news of SMT x FE being canned was fake too? :v: there's so much info to sift through why did I have to take the long shift today. :negative:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Momomo posted:

Honestly, the first part sounds more interesting than doing a direct representation of the game. The second... well, not so much.

The first part really isn't that intersting. Cramming everything into a single cour means there's no time to actually start caring about the characters before they all start biting it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ah I see, makes sense. I'm assuming the news of SMT x FE being canned was fake too? :v: there's so much info to sift through why did I have to take the long shift today. :negative:

Atlus typically doesn't do TGS (neither does Nintendo), but last year they did show off the uncut SMT4 trailer at the Sega presentation, so who knows. I imagine if they were showing anything big this year they would have already announced they'd be there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sega's live stream is happening right now but they're only talking about Yakuza ISHIN.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just give me Nocturne HD on steam, and they can forget about porting any other game and I'd be satisfied.

If you install PCSX2 you can literally play Nocturne in HD right now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There's no steam achievements or emoticons so it doesn't count, sorry. :colbert:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Not if you want the shadows to look right. :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So since Soul Hackers is apparently out in Europe now (even though no stores near here had it, so i had to order it :( ) does anyone know if it comes with the mini arranged soundtrack that the US got?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Dorroile posted:

So since Soul Hackers is apparently out in Europe now (even though no stores near here had it, so i had to order it :( ) does anyone know if it comes with the mini arranged soundtrack that the US got?

No, it doesn't.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What's a good way of getting Bronzes in Devil Summoner 2? I'm at Chapter 5 and I've got a bunch of Steels and Silvers, but I'm still running with a Nagamitsu because I don't have the stuff to upgrade any of my swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

What's a good way of getting Bronzes in Devil Summoner 2? I'm at Chapter 5 and I've got a bunch of Steels and Silvers, but I'm still running with a Nagamitsu because I don't have the stuff to upgrade any of my swords.

There's a few ways of getting Bronzes and materials in general. Maxing out your demons' loyalty is great for getting materials as well as making future fusions with those demons more useful. Negotiation is also another method and it's going to be a pain in the rear end but it can lead to some good stuff if you know what's coming. The best one, for me, would be to go to the Training Hall in the Capital Nameless Shrine. Depending on your progress in the story, you can go lower and lower to, you know, train. If you're not up for trial and error, here's a FAQ and just scroll down all the way to the bottom until you hit the item list.