Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

it's gonna be Tengu, probably

No shut up, itll be Ryo Hazuki. Stop being mean and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Gutcruncher posted:

No shut up, itll be Ryo Hazuki. Stop being mean and stupid.

If i was mean and stupid I'd say Raidou.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Yo so I made a Bass Combo Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHF418FE7Xc He's not my main but I had a lot of fun with it.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
edit: ^^^^ All Bass Charge OH combos start with a jab cancel. Use 3P instead of 6K (preferably never use 6K). I'll teach you some really good optimal combos later where you even have choice of positioning.

Edit2: Found the thread, but the other thread I made has a compilation of pretty much all of his vanilla 5 combos.
http://freestepdodge.com/threads/super-launcher-combos.2514/

It's going to be Tengu and he's going to be a huge rear end in a top hat and a pushover.

Also, Leon and Rachel are very solid. Jacky is pretty much self-explanatory.

A lot of people are apparently having trouble getting any matches on PSN.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 8, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

uncleKitchener posted:

A lot of people are apparently having trouble getting any matches on PSN.

I was getting spammed with throwdowns when I was going through the arcade modes earlier on my PS3. The quality of the connections seems better, too- nothing terribly laggy.

Did have one fight with someone spamming H+K over and over again on Lisa, and nothing else. That was fun.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Lisa is one of those characters that should not have been conceptualized by a human brain.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm fairly confident in saying just about all the PSN players are pretty trash. I got a 17 win streak earlier that Mr. Wah broke and after that I got another 20 win streak that isn't higher because I got bored and decided to type this instead.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Hey so at the request of some friends I'm going to bugging Tom Lee with a list of questions about things that they want changed/fixed. The biggest request on the list is the ability to see combos in the combo challenge like in command training(r3). Any requests?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

Hey so at the request of some friends I'm going to bugging Tom Lee with a list of questions about things that they want changed/fixed. The biggest request on the list is the ability to see combos in the combo challenge like in command training(r3). Any requests?

Bring back the aerosmith songs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bring back the aerosmith songs.

Psh, dream on.

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

Is the Dead or Alive 2 & 3 music DLC exclusive to just the "DOA5U: Core Fighters" game? I didn't see any of the music in the 360 version.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

InformationHigh posted:

Is the Dead or Alive 2 & 3 music DLC exclusive to just the "DOA5U: Core Fighters" game? I didn't see any of the music in the 360 version.

Weird, I bought the full game and have the songs. (On PS3)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Is there a community going for 360? For this version it seems almost everyone has skipped over to ps3 :(

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
How different are Ein and Leon from Hitomi and Bayman, respectively?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Psh, dream on.

:golfclap:

LvK fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 12, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there a community going for 360? For this version it seems almost everyone has skipped over to ps3 :(

Throw me a friend request and come hang with my crew, we have the best US mila player. Or alternatively find the Peaceful Jay Stream lobby and chill in there for awhile. Every now and again high level players drop in to show off.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Look on freestepdodge for 360 doa players, shoryuken may have a few but the forums don't want to create a section for it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok got it for 360 earlier, and man just going through command training with Leon was like taking a trip back to a happier time :unsmith:

I am pretty busy next few days but now I got it and apparently since the online is a lot less poo poo than it was first time around I can see myself sticking with this for a lotttt longer than vanilla, GT: EvilCanadian if anyone wanna add me.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Patch is out:

-Improved the matchmaking system to make it easier to match with an opponent when there are many players online.

-Costume unlock conditions for DOA5U: Core Fighters changed to match the full version.

-Costumes that were previously only unlocked the first time an Arcade, Time Attack, or Survival course was cleared can now be unlocked even by completing previously cleared courses.

-Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented progress when searching for a lobby.

-Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented progress after fighting in a lobby match.

-Fixed an issue that caused players to fly in unexpected directions when hit with certain attacks. Previously, this also caused issues with saving replay data; this has also been fixed for future matches.

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok got it for 360 earlier, and man just going through command training with Leon was like taking a trip back to a happier time :unsmith:

I am pretty busy next few days but now I got it and apparently since the online is a lot less poo poo than it was first time around I can see myself sticking with this for a lotttt longer than vanilla, GT: EvilCanadian if anyone wanna add me.

Sent you a friend request.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

LvK posted:

How different are Ein and Leon from Hitomi and Bayman, respectively?

Ein and Hitomi are meant to be both hardhitting characters, but Hitomi is faster and has more variable mix-ups. Ein is slower, but deals more damage. His is much more straight forward, but he's also great at being a rushdown character. Hitomi's been improved in 5U as well, but after three games, these two have started to part ways a bit. Kind of like how King and Armour King pretty much stopped being clones after T5DR, except that Hitomi and Ein haven't gone that far yet. Hitomi is a light character, while Ein is medium, which makes Ein a bit harder to juggle.

Leon is pretty much all plus-on-block guard breaks, nasty throws, natural combos, unblockables and air throws, while Bayman is defensive and has better mix-ups and catch-throws. Bayman has pretty much access to every single defensive tool in the game ranging from parries to advanced holds. He's also the only character in the game where if you break his chain grabs, he can put you in a frame trap since he's at frame advantage (Mila lost this ability in 5U). He can also roll in four different directions and has a catch throw from his side rolls. Leon is much more straight forward and offensive and he makes full use of the environment. Both are super heavy, so they're harder to juggle. Both struggle against fast characters, but that is sadly a trend among slow heavy characters in this game.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Very happy to see the matchmaking actually working for me on the PS3 now that it's been patched.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kasumi, if you're going to be visiting Antarctica maybe you should consider wearing some pants.

Just sayin'.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Had a look earlier at all the game features and wow, the tutorial is VF4:Evo good, I don't say that lightly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Played a bunch more tonight online. Got into an online match with someone who has a single bar, and the game was actually playable.

The collectors edition costumes were added to the online stores. The swimsuit set, not the J-Pop set.

The hit box on Lei Fang's 1P+K is still retardedly huge. I love it, it's like playing old school wolverine.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So is the ps3 patch ever coming to 360 or what? Ranked is just straight up broken on 360 and the 1.2 patch has been out on ps3 for a while :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DOA5U was played at the Fall Classic tournament over the weekend, and someone tallied up the character usage.

1. Rachel - 21.09% (27 out of 128 matches)
2. Helena - 10.94% (14 out of 128 matches)
3. Ryu - 10.16% (13 out of 128 matches)
4. Bayman - 8.59% (11 out of 128 matches)
5. Alpha-152 - 7.03% (9 out of 128 matches)
6. Brad - 4.69% (6 out of 128 matches)
6. Christie - 4.69% (6 out of 128 matches)
6. Genfu - 4.69% (6 out of 128 matches)
6. Jacky - 4.69% (6 out of 128 matches)
6. Rig - 4.69% (6 out of 128 matches)
11. Momiji - 3.91% (5 out of 128 matches)
12. Hayate - 2.34% (3 out of 128 matches)
12. Kasumi - 2.34% (3 out of 128 matches)
12. Sarah - 2.34% (3 out of 128 matches)
15. Kokoro - 1.56% (2 out of 128 matches)
15. Leon - 1.56% (2 out of 128 matches)
15. Zack - 1.56% (2 out of 128 matches)
18. Akira - 0.78% (1 out of 128 matches)
18. Bass - 0.78% (1 out of 128 matches)
18. Hitomi - 0.78% (1 out of 128 matches)
18. Tina - 0.78% (1 out of 128 matches)

so Ein, Ayane, Hayate, Jann Lee, Lei Fang, Lisa, Eliot, and Pai were unused. Kind of surprised by that.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

DOA5U was played at the Fall Classic tournament over the weekend, and someone tallied up the character usage.

so Ein, Ayane, Hayate, Jann Lee, Lei Fang, Lisa, Eliot, and Pai were unused. Kind of surprised by that.

They not including teams? I could have sworn I saw Jann Lee up there during teams.

Talking with some of the players was fun, mainly the face of semi-disgust when they find out I'm trying to learn 5U with Rachel. Some of them are pretty cool to talk to though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

poo poo you were there? What was all this about then with Chosen1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y7rZlkFyN0

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Dj Meow Mix posted:

They not including teams? I could have sworn I saw Jann Lee up there during teams.

Talking with some of the players was fun, mainly the face of semi-disgust when they find out I'm trying to learn 5U with Rachel. Some of them are pretty cool to talk to though.

Rachel's pretty messed up right now and I share in their contempt. Also I'm crying on the inside because I couldn't go at the last minute. A lot of people played way shittier than they normally do. I could have been top 8:qq:

If I see him tonight I'll ask him, if I had to guess SweetRevenge talked some mad poo poo at chosen 1.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 19, 2013

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The DoA community is pretty small and knows each other pretty well since most of the same crew shows up for each major. They were popping off non-stop during pools and finals to the point where the staff told them to turn it down a notch haha. Running pools for them (at Final Round 2013) was a blast though and easily my favorite tournament experience, I got to learn a lot.

Neo Helbeast posted:

If I see him tonight I'll ask him, if I had to guess SweetRevenge talked some mad poo poo at chosen 1.

Pretty much. SweetRevenge's Gen Fu was tearing people up. I think I'm actually standing to the right of the camera when this was filmed now that I think about it, since it was right next to Sp00ky's set up.

Dj Meow Mix fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 19, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

So is the ps3 patch ever coming to 360 or what? Ranked is just straight up broken on 360 and the 1.2 patch has been out on ps3 for a while :(

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/us/information/info_20130913.html

Coming tomorrow.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Excellent.

Also taking some beatings now makes me realize how far I have slipped in this game, now I just wanna say gently caress GTA5 and get good at DoA again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Post some fights, people. You can upload them to youtube from the game, let's see some stuff.

Here's me playing horribly and almost losing to a Jann Lee player. Almost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5_EKDFcPcA

It's still processing right now, but hopefully will be done soon.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 19, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Post some fights, people. You can upload them to youtube from the game, let's see some stuff.

Here's me playing horribly and almost losing to a Jann Lee player. Almost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGkTjWfAamc

It's still processing right now, but hopefully will be done soon.

It's private.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

It's private.

Saw that, changed the setting. It's still processing for some weird reason. I'm crashing now, nit hopefully it'll be done soon.

I got some other lovely matches to post, but i'll do those tomorrow.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Is save data from DOA5 compatible with Ultimate?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CitrusFrog posted:

Is save data from DOA5 compatible with Ultimate?

Yes.

I reuploaded the fight video in my old post, and now its working.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Yes.

I reuploaded the fight video in my old post, and now its working.

Can I get a link?

Prima is still around apparently: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtnPh03g-I

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 19, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

Can I get a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5_EKDFcPcA

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 19, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

If this is prima's Japan guide I'm going to have pick a copy up.

That Jann Lee is a whole new level of bad. Also be careful with 1p+k she telegraphs that from like a mile away
. Other than that good match.

• Locked thread