Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Looking at that combined Motormaster, one of my complaints is the same as it has been for a lot of these; those cars on his legs are useless. They' don't turn into legs or something, they're just sort of extensions between the foot and the knee. I would much rather have the car turn into a leg, then the car just slam in there like loving shin armor. I don't care about G1 accuracy myself, I just want cool combiners.

To each his own, but I really dig the fact that it's just basically Motormaster wearing a suit of car-armor.

I do like the aesthetic you're talking about as well, though. I think the recent 3rd party devastators have done a good job of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Thing is, the look isn't consistent on the Stunticons; the arms are definitely made of cars, but they're transformed cars. The cars became the arms, they're not just solid cars jammed on some shoulders or something. The legs are the opposite. That's what gets me. One or the other.

Kurui Reiten fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 18, 2013

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I don't understand what anyone's problem is, Diesel AKA Motormaster looks loving awesome and I've been wanting to buy the FP Stunticons since they were announced, but I don't have £350 spare. I have the original G1 Menasor and I'd love to have the full combiner to go side by side.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Thing is, the look isn't consistent on the Stunticons; the arms are definitely made of cars, but they're transformed cars. The cars became the arms, they're not just solid cars jammed on some shoulders or something. The legs are the opposite. That's what gets me. One or the other.

Both is a more interesting choice. Besides, what's the difference? Instead of goofy looking cars as legs, he has actual legs with goofy looking cars as shinguards, and this way you don't have to disrupt the car modes with holes or hookups for the feet to peg into. In addition, I'm impressed that FansProject of all companies opted for the more unusual configuration.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Perhaps the cars should be his feet, and it can roll around on them like roller skates.

Do the combiner fists and feet on not-Menasor come from parts of not-Motormaster's trailer or are they separate pieces?

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

While I don't have confirmation on this, I remember reading that the FP Stunticons were designed to be Scramble City style. I figure that's the reason that the cars that go on the shins just stick there with minimal transformation. If Car Crash and T-Bone transformed into legs, the Scramble style wouldn't be possible.

The MSJ posted:

Perhaps the cars should be his feet, and it can roll around on them like roller skates.

Do the combiner fists and feet on not-Menasor come from parts of not-Motormaster's trailer or are they separate pieces?

Pretty sure the combiner parts are in the trailer.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
While we're on the subject of the Stunticons, I decided to pick up Down Force \ Drag Strip and noticed that his winshield is severely cracked, almost to the point of breaking off. Oh noooooooooooooo. :(

I haven't touched him since I transformed him a few times since he came out and I don't remember breaking him, and you'd think I would. Ohhhhhhhhh drat it.

I got him right before TFCon so it's probably too late to return him to BBTS and I don't even know if he's defective or if it's my fault.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gammatron 64 posted:

While we're on the subject of the Stunticons, I decided to pick up Down Force \ Drag Strip and noticed that his winshield is severely cracked, almost to the point of breaking off. Oh noooooooooooooo. :(

I haven't touched him since I transformed him a few times since he came out and I don't remember breaking him, and you'd think I would. Ohhhhhhhhh drat it.

I got him right before TFCon so it's probably too late to return him to BBTS and I don't even know if he's defective or if it's my fault.

I realize it's not much consolation but if you want to sell him cheap I'd be down. It's the only one of the group I really like.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I've always thought that it never hurts to ask. Send them an e-mail; if that fails, try to send a message directly to FP.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I realize it's not much consolation but if you want to sell him cheap I'd be down. It's the only one of the group I really like.

I'll see if I can't get him swapped out. If not, I might take you up on that.

Captain Magic posted:

Anybody have any thoughts on Hexatron?

He's huge, posable, looks good, turns into 6 modes. Recommended.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I... try to like these, but the weird heads and thin arms are just too much. But like you, there are a lot of people who seem to like them so good for iGear I guess? I'll be the last to judge other TF fans' tastes since I like things like PCC and most Beast Hunters.
Back to the F-22 Seekers, they're coming with a second head now. The first one was so absurdly bad and universally hated I figured they'd be pressured into changing it. The render of the new head's on the top of the page here, it's honestly not great either but it's a lot better. And yeah the thin arms and huge boots aren't ideal, but I can live with them.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Looking at that combined Motormaster, one of my complaints is the same as it has been for a lot of these; those cars on his legs are useless. They' don't turn into legs or something, they're just sort of extensions between the foot and the knee. I would much rather have the car turn into a leg, then the car just slam in there like loving shin armor. I don't care about G1 accuracy myself, I just want cool combiners.
This is what totally kills it for me. If the parts of the legs the cars snap into were more skeletal so the cars were providing structural support I could probably accept it, but as it is I'm pretty sure they're just popped on the front. A combiner team shouldn't have optional members.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Knormal posted:

Back to the F-22 Seekers, they're coming with a second head now. The first one was so absurdly bad and universally hated I figured they'd be pressured into changing it. The render of the new head's on the top of the page here, it's honestly not great either but it's a lot better. And yeah the thin arms and huge boots aren't ideal, but I can live with them.

Still weird, but yeah, much better than the original.

Anyone here have the Armored Battalion set? Are they worth the price?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'll see if I can't get him swapped out. If not, I might take you up on that.

Good luck and godspeed. It's not like I need to spend any more money, but I am a sucker for robots with crazy-color faces (shout out to my bro cindersaur) and I feel for you.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

To those complaining about Menasor's legs, at least they're accurate to the way combiners were presented in G1: ie big leg with a vestigial car or airplane on it as an afterthought.

In other news, Regeneration has now rocketed to the top of my favourite Transformers comics list by dint of the last page:

Rodimus loving Prime! It's about goddamn time too

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
For anyone still looking: MP Soundwave has been available on the TRU website since last night.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SpikeMcclane posted:

For anyone still looking: MP Soundwave has been available on the TRU website since last night.
Here is a link:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

As of this posting, the "Ship to Home" option is available.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

TheDK posted:

Here is a link:

I...ordered one? That can't be right. How soon until I get my cancellation email? Or should I expect to receive an Acid Storm?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Oh joyous days! Thank you sir you are awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo. I want to order one for my buddy but he still owes me money.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

TheDK posted:

Here is a link:

:psyduck:

It... worked. It worked! What madness is this?

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!
Of course now when I'm absolutely broke. gently caress you TRU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I knew I should've stopped coming to this thread. Well, I didn't need that $100 anyway...

Algae Magnet
Jul 1, 2013
Been doing some comic re-reading (why the hell is Robots In Disguise Volume 4 available for Kindle, but Volume 3 isn't?)

Are there any comics out there that cover the exploits of The Scavangers and Grimlock? Because I'll be damned if that rag tag band of misfits havn't found a place in my heart.

Also, silly question, why the gently caress did they rebuild Overlord with drill fingers?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Algae Magnet posted:

Are there any comics out there that cover the exploits of The Scavangers and Grimlock? Because I'll be damned if that rag tag band of misfits havn't found a place in my heart.
No, though iirc it has been hinted they play a role in the upcoming crossover.

quote:

Also, silly question, why the gently caress did they rebuild Overlord with drill fingers?
It's kind of a really dumb plothole so no not really.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Algae Magnet posted:

They show up briefly in a later MTMTE issue as a "hey, we're still alive, here's what we're up to" sort of deal, but I imagine they'll be important later. Same goes for the DJD.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
"Please, someone help him." :gonk: :saddowns:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
drat it. I don't get my paycheck until the Friday after this one.

I'm never gonna get a Soundwave.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RaspberryCommie posted:

I'm never gonna get a Soundwave.
I'm not advising anyone to make a different selection based on their spending preferences but I seriously don't think you should fret - I was saying to hamster at tfcon, I think TRU/Hasbro have figured out how big an item this one is and will stock properly.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

FYI Metroplex is coming to Costco @ $79.99 item #994294. Guess it's arriving in the next couple weeks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

FYI Metroplex is coming to Costco @ $79.99 item #994294. Guess it's arriving in the next couple weeks.

That is absolute bullshit.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Rhyno posted:

Eh. I got bit by the price drop, but I don't care. He's 2+ feet of awesome, and I'd have paid more than original MSRP if I had to.

I think it's cool that he's gonna be looming on Costco shelves.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Costco did the same thing a few years ago with that MP movie Bumblebee. What fascinates me about this is that the figure has had prices all over the map. $79.99, $109.99, $129.99, all for the same deco. I wonder what the production cost on this really was.

However I will buy another at this price as I have the SDCC version.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What's the time limit on amazon returns? Might as well return the two I bought there and go to costco and buy three(plus save ten bucks!) and just shove a couple in the closet for a few years down the line.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Is that going to be international Costcos, or just US-based ones?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Captain Invictus posted:

What's the time limit on amazon returns? Might as well return the two I bought there and go to costco and buy three(plus save ten bucks!) and just shove a couple in the closet for a few years down the line.

You're sounding like a TFW2005 user.

Guess what? Toys get cheaper months after release. Thats retail.

Metroplex will get heaps more releases too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They're not releasing preview pages of MTMTE #21 as apparently there are BIG THINGS happening right off the bat. A couple of quotes from the issue have been revealed, however:

"I'm sorry."
"Thank you for trying."

"Welcome aboard."

Tailgate's not gonna make it after all, is he? :cry:

As for the second one, Getaway or Star Saber?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Veg posted:

You're sounding like a TFW2005 user.

Guess what? Toys get cheaper months after release. Thats retail.

Metroplex will get heaps more releases too.

You don't need to act nasty just because I fund my Transformers habit entirely by buying one or two extras to sock away for selling later so that I break even on the money front while getting some neat toys to futz around with. It makes you come across as extremely bitter.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I feel like the time limit on returns is about a month, or at least it was a few months ago when I returned a mouse.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

You don't need to act nasty just because I fund my Transformers habit entirely by buying one or two extras to sock away for selling later so that I break even on the money front while getting some neat toys to futz around with. It makes you come across as extremely bitter.

Seriously. They're hardly hard to come by, it's not like you're robbing someone of a chance of buying one at retail. I see nothing wrong with hanging onto a few extras to sell to Johnny-come-lately's who are trying to buy one after it's gone from retail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If you really want to sound like an TFW2005 user just read some Alucard77 threads and immerse yourself in the :psyduck:

Sorry for repeating myself, but this question got skipped before: if anyone has the FP Armored Battalion, could you share some opinions on them, and if you personally think they're worth the price?