Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Okay, it'll be around 468 then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
drat I want a thousand. Guess it'll take a lot longer.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

drat I want a thousand. Guess it'll take a lot longer.

500.5 quadrillion and you've got it!

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
To get x chips total you need (x * (x+1))/2 trillion cookies all time.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Am I mistaken in thinking that if you have few chips, you're better off resetting multiple times to get towards those huge numbers faster? I would love to have 1k chips, but I feel like resetting once I get all the achievements will get me there faster.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I reset with 100 quadrillion cookies how many chips will I get?

You know, you really don't have to do math or ask or look it up or anything. Just export the save and reset. If you decide you don't have enough, import the save and continue onward.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Am I mistaken in thinking that if you have few chips, you're better off resetting multiple times to get towards those huge numbers faster? I would love to have 1k chips, but I feel like resetting once I get all the achievements will get me there faster.

I think it's best to farm endgame very much than it is to reset a bunch. Since you don't really gain any chips until just before the endgame, logically you should spend the same ratio of time in endgame to pre-endgame as the ratio of prestige after resetting:prestige now? That... seems right

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The more chips you have, the less you lose from resetting.
At one chip, resetting is going to set you back a few days.
At 500 chips, resetting sets you back maybe 8 hours
At 1000 chips you'll probably be back on your feet in 4-5 hours.

It'd take some math but I suspect that at some point you'd want to reset after every chip.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Farming chips is not fun at all :(
I wish resetting now wasn't stupid.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.
YOU GUYS NEED TO POST MORE ABOUT CLICKING COOKIES

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The more chips you have, the less you lose from resetting.
At one chip, resetting is going to set you back a few days.
At 500 chips, resetting sets you back maybe 8 hours
At 1000 chips you'll probably be back on your feet in 4-5 hours.

It'd take some math but I suspect that at some point you'd want to reset after every chip.

4 hours looks about right, that's about where I started producing chips again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I clicked the red cookie.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Crovie posted:

Farming chips is not fun at all :(
I wish resetting now wasn't stupid.
Whoa man, Cookie Clicker is all about having fun! If you think you'd have more fun resetting now and going through the startup stages with "only" a 100% bonus or something go for it. You'll have plenty of time to catch up later.

It's not like you even need chips to finish all the upgrades and achievements in a reasonable timeframe.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
671 heavenly chips makes for a lot of cookies, I am learning.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Wow. Japan really stepped up on this one.

Here's more weird as hell fan art.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/09/18-1/cookie-clicker-takes-japanese-fan-artists-by-storm

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Just passed 1 billion CPS for the first time! :black101:

The 'One mind' upgrade is looming, tempting me.. :ohdear:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Merijn posted:

Just passed 1 billion CPS for the first time! :black101:

The 'One mind' upgrade is looming, tempting me.. :ohdear:

Buy it, you won't start researching anything else until you do.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I've gotten more than enough Elder Frenzies to make the increase in red cokies worth the ruins and the clots. Add that to the time I have been letting the cookie get clicked while I do other things, and the grandmapocalypse is 100% worth it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Something Cookie Monsters says that I don't get:

Heavenly Chips (MAX): 4 (8%)
Heavenly Chips (CUR): 0 (0%)

What does this mean? If I reset now, I get none, if I sell everything first I get 4?

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
edit: I don't know what I'm talking about

Jadaris fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 19, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Merijn posted:

Something Cookie Monsters says that I don't get:

Heavenly Chips (MAX): 4 (8%)
Heavenly Chips (CUR): 0 (0%)

What does this mean? If I reset now, I get none, if I sell everything first I get 4?

That means you currently have no heavenly chips but if you reset you get 4 which is an 8% bonus to production.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I just clicked a lucky cookie while in a frenzy and it gave me 58 trillion cookies :stare:

Those kitten overseers sure are great.

EDIT: 73 trillion now that my bank is bigger.

Peewi fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Sep 19, 2013

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I just got the kitten overseer. I went from 4.7Bps to 9.2Bps. The cookie has been clicked, yo.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

SynthOrange posted:

I clicked the red cookie.

Always click every cookie. Let no cookie go unclicked. All hail the matriarchs.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Angry Diplomat posted:

Always click every cookie. Let no cookie go unclicked. All hail the grandmatriarchs.

They aren't spring chickens anymore, you know. They have years of experience in the art of unholy bakery. :colbert:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

They aren't spring chickens anymore, you know. They have years of experience in the art of unholy bakery. :colbert:

The grandmatriarchs are well beyond our ken and to harass them is to invite their anger. we speak to them through their daughters :colbert:

edit: I'm so close to a billion cps. So close.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 19, 2013

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I've clicked that cookie so much in the past few days I think I'm getting carpal tunnel. But I must click that loving cookie. It taunts me, with those lustrous chips and coarse crumblyness. I just can't stop clicking. I see cookies in my dreams. I... I am a cookie. It all makes sense now.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
If I'm going to be afking for an extremely long time (several days), would it give me more cookies to leave it idle at the grandmapocalypse, or to buy the elder covenant and use an autoclicker for golden cookies?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my the last couple of pages have been amazing.

Cheez, if you do come back, Please Be CarefulCookie

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Physically clicking the cookie doesn't really ever get you a significant profit, does it? It gets me about a 100 million now, but who cares when your cps is 2 billion.

Unless there's a 7-second clicking frenzy, of course.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

GenericOverusedName posted:

I've clicked that cookie so much in the past few days I think I'm getting carpal tunnel. But I must click that loving cookie. It taunts me, with those lustrous chips and coarse crumblyness. I just can't stop clicking. I see cookies in my dreams. I... I am a cookie. It all makes sense now.

I dreamt I was a cookie. I do not know whether I was man dreaming I was a cookie, or whether I am a cookie dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a cookie, there is necessarily a distinction.

Saphire_flames
Sep 24, 2010

Merijn posted:

Physically clicking the cookie doesn't really ever get you a significant profit, does it? It gets me about a 100 million now, but who cares when your cps is 2 billion.

Unless there's a 7-second clicking frenzy, of course.

100 million per click is like 1 billion per second which would be 1/3 of your income so

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Captain Novolin posted:

I've gotten more than enough Elder Frenzies to make the increase in red cokies worth the ruins and the clots. Add that to the time I have been letting the cookie get clicked while I do other things, and the grandmapocalypse is 100% worth it.

Again, the benefits gained from those rare Elder Frenzies peters out at a certain CpS and Cookies Banked since both Ruin and Clots scale like Lucky Cookies and Frenzies.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
I just reset and now I have a total of 600 Heavenly Chips. It took me less than 20 minutes to get my first Antimatter Condenser. :stare:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I just bought the Communal Brainsweep and am now letting this run in the background with no supervision because surely the grandmas can handle everything just fine. Nothing can possibly go wrong and everything is going to be perfect forever.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'm not really sure if I want to try and go for 100 antimatter condensers or just reset for heavenly chips. I've got all the upgrades, I'm pretty close to 777 golden cookie clicks and I could reach 100 time machines with what I have banked.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Christ, clicking the Red Cookie is like playing Russian Roulette. I need to stop clicking it.

But that Elder Frenzy I got.... it got me like a trillion cookies :psyduck:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

It seems to be a net positive overall, from my completely subjective unresearched perspective. The losses are annoying but not enormously severe and the gains can be frigging colossal so gently caress it, bring on them blood cookies.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nerdz posted:

Wow. Japan really stepped up on this one.

Here's more weird as hell fan art.

Holy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'm wondering how much a reset will do for me. I've never done it, and would get 177 chips out of the deal.
I have at least 100 of each building except antimatter condensers, which I have 90 of. 100 seems so tantalizingly close, yet I know how crazy expensive they will get.

The only achievements I'm missing are a couple of the cheat-related hidden ones, the 100's, and the reset ones.

Is it... time?

Edit: Actually, I'm at 618 golden cookie clicks. I'll see to that before resetting.

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 19, 2013

• Locked thread