Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Gyges posted:

I bet you've been using air conditioning, cheater.

Its a trade off for having to live in a basement. :shrug:

JosephWongKS posted:

Hang in there! Only 1,060 days to go!

Gosh here I was thinking 2014 was a leap year, I guess I'm one day closer to success than I thought.

edit: Err, actually it is 1061 since 2016 is a leap year.

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
New chapter up in Japanese: http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/36/

More original content that wasn't in ONE's, and really good stuff at that. All the warm feelings were had in this chapter. :3:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

New chapter up in Japanese: http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/36/

More original content that wasn't in ONE's, and really good stuff at that. All the warm feelings were had in this chapter. :3:

Another OC chapter from Murata with Fubuki in it, I get the feeling that Fubuki is Murata's favorite character. She is totally cool after all.:cool:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Licenseless Rider once again rides in the name of justice (and ramen)~

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

AnonSpore posted:

All the warm feelings were had in this chapter. :3:

No kidding. The meeting at the ramen stand, too, but that "Thank you" letter put a stupid grin on my face for like 5 minutes. Especially since it looks like it was probably written by a little kid.

international owl day posted:

Another OC chapter from Murata with Fubuki in it, I get the feeling that Fubuki is Murata's favorite character. She is totally cool after all.:cool:

Pretty sure it's just talking about how her personal faction has an uncomfortable stranglehold over B Rank since she's with all those suit guys.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

JosephWongKS posted:

Hang in there! Only 1,060 days to go!

I'll laugh at him when he goes bald.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Liar posted:

Saitama said he went bald by the end of the first year and a half. :ohdear:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Liar posted:

I won't. If this makes him go bald, it's a sign he'll be able to punch a building in half. By looking at it hard enough.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Yeah, I'll laugh at him until he starts going bald then I'm gonna get real nice real quick.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SirDan3k posted:

Yeah, I'll laugh at him until he starts going bald then I'm gonna get real nice real quick.

And then start doing squats.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Steroids cause male pattern baldness.

Saitama's secret has been discovered!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/195616/onepunch-man_ch28_by_boon-scanlation Since I don't think anyone linked it yet.

Seriously, what a :3: chapter. So glad Saitama got some fanmail in addition to abuse, and the meeting at the food stand ruled. Would love if the coming arc deals with the hero association finally realizing how loving crazy awesome Saitama really is as he rises through the B ranks!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Licenseless Rider owns bones.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like even if the public hate him, he's still going to be a hero in the eyes of other heroes.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
This was a great episode, I liked seeing more behind the scenes as it were of the heroes association. :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Licenseless Rider might only be a class C but he has the spirit of the greatest hero. :3:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Say Nothing posted:

Looks like even if the public hate him, he's still going to be a hero in the eyes of other heroes.

I feel like it's more that Licenseless Rider is just a genuinely good person who got into heroics for all the right reasons. Most of the other heroes? Not so much. I think most of them are going to resent Saitama and both buy into and propagate the whole cheater thing.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
That was a cool chapter. I needed my new content fix.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Say Nothing posted:

I think it's more like how there's "public" artists that have widespread appeal versus "artist's" artists whose appeal is to people who really understand art. Saitama is a hero's hero, though he's unrecognized by the public.

Also, I want to see him rise into the S-rank but still be regarded by everyone as a fraud.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The most :3: chapter. We need a Licenless Rider Spinoff

Opter
Jul 8, 2010
So begins the next 2+ week wait. Those last pages definitely made it worth it, especially the final shot with the bike. I also find it kinda interesting how Saitama only seems to have one fan outside Genos/maybe Fang and he's probably the most earnest hero.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Murata changed Handsomely masked sweet mask's character design to be more inline with ONE's drawings. He really nailed the eyes this time.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Opter posted:

So begins the next 2+ week wait. Those last pages definitely made it worth it, especially the final shot with the bike. I also find it kinda interesting how Saitama only seems to have one fan outside Genos/maybe Fang and he's probably the most earnest hero.

He probably has a few more fans, they just don't know what to call him. The kid he saves at the start of the manga from the crab-man, his father who started the Hero Organization and a few others I might be forgetting are his fans - they just don't know Saitama is him.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Even if it's just one guy, I'm glad to see someone appreciate Saitama. Guys who can punch the moon in half need encouragement sometimes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Awwww. Such a great chapter. The last two pages are the best. I hope they become bros.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

tsob posted:

The kid he saves at the start of the manga from the crab-man
Speaking of that kid, it seems like he became a hero! One of the suits in the panel with Fubuki has a chin just like his. :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's only been like 3 years though

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Tollymain posted:

In three years Saitama went from being an unemployed salaryman to an unemployed guy who could destroy the loving Earth if he sneezed too hard. So maybe the kid put some serious effort into hitting puberty hard.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

Superheroes, dude.

Maybe his surname was Batson?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Huff Puff Prisoners illegitimate kid. :stonk:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Its stuff like this that makes me really enjoy Murata's style.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
License-less Rider. The chillest hero of them all. :swoon:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Isn't licenseless rider that dude from fubuki's faction?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Isn't that basically Kamen Rider (except the other way around)?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

nerdz posted:

No, he was always like that.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

nerdz posted:

That guy is an original from the Murata redraw version, and Licenseless Rider was around before that guy showed up.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't know if he could get a full on spin-off, but I could see tankoban extras that are PSAs starring him. Like, he rescues kittens from trees before telling neighborhood kids not to smoke, or teaching people the importance of road safety.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

onepixeljumpman posted:

That guy is an original from the Murata redraw version, and Licenseless Rider was around before that guy showed up.

That guy also said he was a C class hero trying to make it as B class. To make it to B class you gotta be rank 1 of C class. Licenseless Rider was the first ranked in C Class.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Oh the executives of the hero organization :allears:

they so don't know what they are dealing with.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's baffling that even the execs doubt Saitama.

It makes okay sense for the general populace, I suppose, but the people at the top have way more knowledge of what he's been doing. How could they buy him cheating on the physical exams? Or just brush off him splattering Sea King over a city block?

Not that it bothers me a whole lot or anything; it's actually amusing. I assume it will just get worse with time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well... Have you seen Saitama? He doesn't exactly look very heroic...