Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It'd be funniest if that happened in the 50s simulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I've already finished the game, but now I was messing around in the world, doing some activities, and my phone options (homies, vehicle delivery) are all greyed out. What happened and how do I fix it?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

You better believe I turned the first car I could in GTA V purple and gold.

Always rep the Row. :colbert:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

Sometimes things happen that make you have emotional reactions. Sometimes different people have different reactions to things. Are we really having an argument telling people that they're wrong for feeling a way about a thing? And sperging about what is the correct term for the specific emotion? Come on, people.

Mostly its several people telling one person the exact same thing you just did.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

codenameFANGIO posted:

I've been replaying ME3, and I made Shep's armor Purple and Gold.

I invision a SR game that starts with Zinyak's fleet coming to earth, but there is a giant Flur-de-lyse space station that opens up to reveal a big fuckoff cannon in orbit and blows the poo poo out of them. Then we proceed normally.

You know what would be fun? A fantasy set game that's playing like SR. I guess it would be a non-stop parody of Elder Scrolls/Game of thrones/Lord of the rings/D&D/Conan & other 80s fantasy films. You could have both urban areas and rural areas, orcs and goblins, elves and dwarves, evil barons and necromancers, and all the sword chopping and arrow shooting you could want.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Parkingtigers posted:

And just to keep on reppin' the row, I got my FEELBOSS vanity plate through that terrible iFruit app.
We really should make a crew. Someone register 3rd Street Saints or Saints Goons or whatever as a name. That is how it works, right?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just painted my truck in Euro Truck Simulator purple and gold. Gotta be reppin' the Row.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I went back to Dark Souls for a while after finishing SR3 and realized that I'd given my Boss the same hairstyle as my Dark Souls dude. Which means that when Dark Souls 2 comes out I'll be on-purpose making the same guy with bright purple hair and imagining that it's the Boss doing all that crap and swearing at all the horrible demons.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

You know what would be fun? A fantasy set game that's playing like SR. I guess it would be a non-stop parody of Elder Scrolls/Game of thrones/Lord of the rings/D&D/Conan & other 80s fantasy films. You could have both urban areas and rural areas, orcs and goblins, elves and dwarves, evil barons and necromancers, and all the sword chopping and arrow shooting you could want.

Join the adventures of The Duke and Sir Jonathan Gat in Saints Rowe: Origins

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I would for real pay money for that.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

twistedmentat posted:

Crowetron posted:

Zeth posted:

I would for real pay money for that.

"Uh, Boss, you know that Duke is only a title used in Europe and poo poo, right?"

"The gently caress Thou Sayth?"

That said, The Saints going back in time to ye olde Middle Ages, fantasy cliches and all, would be hilarious, and I would pay so much loving money for it. Plus, we'd finally get to ride that Dragon!

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Clearly this means that the explanation for why there aren't any unicorns and dragons and poo poo left is because of the Saints driving them extinct for car-blinging-out materials.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Magil of Shadow posted:

That said, The Saints going back in time to ye olde Middle Ages, fantasy cliches and all, would be hilarious, and I would pay so much loving money for it. Plus, we'd finally get to ride that Dragon!

I'm really hoping that some of the dlc will be about Gat doing enough crazy poo poo to justify Jane Austen's/Zinyak's pronouncements of him being the foremost badass on the planet. I mean we know Gat's awesome, but I need to see how awesome.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Crowetron posted:

John Wayne and Johnny Gat killing fucktons of everything would make for one hell of an experience.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Oh god now I'm picturing what basically amounts to the book 1632 only with a chunk of Stilwater or Steelport instead of a small West Virginia town.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You know what I'm picturing? Saints Creed.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
And now I'm picturing a towering castle that's been saintified and turned into a strip joint and re-named "CAMELOTO"

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
They could build off the ending of SR 4 and basically make it Army of Darkness only with the Saints.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
What I envision is the Saints create some sort of "New Earth" colony and then populate it with a whole bunch of people from different time periods. It would be one crazy city with like a Roman neighborhood, a feudal Japan neighborhood, and an American Revolution neighborhood all jammed up together, with modern technology and the Saints running it all.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

My Lovely Horse posted:

We really should make a crew. Someone register 3rd Street Saints or Saints Goons or whatever as a name. That is how it works, right?

One of the goon groups for I think the Euro GTA5 players is the Third Street Goons.. So they are way ahead of you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Rirse posted:

One of the goon groups for I think the Euro GTA5 players is the Third Street Goons.. So they are way ahead of you.

I'd join a group named GAT V.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Yes, let's get some metatags and groups going. I need to 360 goons to play with.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey with gang customization, are you limited to the cars that are available in that tiny list or is there a way to unlock it?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'd join a group named GAT V.

The GAT V rocket booster is the vehicle that will take the Saints to Mars. Designed by The Boss and Kinzie after a night of spectacular binge drinking the entire casing of the rocket body is made from gold and platinum. Despite the resulting mass of the vehicle Commander Johnny Gat was still able to achieve escape velocity by what physicists can only guess was the force of his pure unbridled rage.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope that the next game/DLC is Saints In Hell, and they use it as a way to bring back Lin and Carlos.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I used Steam Matchmaking to do some co-op the other night, and surprisingly, it actually connected me to someone.

I loaded in, caught up with them, and then they proceeded to stun lock me with the lightning upgraded SMG. I managed to get away one of the times they reloaded and made for the nearest gate. I was then immediately kicked. ...Is that fun for anyone? I mean, really?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Rirse posted:

The Euro GTAV group is indeed Third Street Goons, with the BOSS tag, and a purple crew colour so yeah it might have been on purpose slightly.
THe US Xbox Crew is Goon Street.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Raserys posted:

I hope that the next game/DLC is Saints In Hell, and they use it as a way to bring back Lin and Carlos.

I think you mean Saints in Valhalla. :colbert:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Rocketlex posted:

I think you mean Saints in Valhalla. :colbert:

The chosen slain fight all day with assault rifles and Penetrators, and at night they drown themselves in their goblets always filled to the brim with Saints' Flow.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
So, I've finally caught up to the thread. Boss posting? Boss posting.

Sadly, I started in SRTT, so my character history only goes back to then:

...okay, so it's the same outfit as preset 1, but I thought it worked with my idea of "Classy, but Evil". Just because you're the head of a major gang doesn't mean you can't wear a nice suit.

Said suit is gone in SRIV, but a few recolors of the Presidential Suit and:

There. Same color scheme, same idea of repping Saints colors, but subdued, a bit subtler than full purple. Of course, that's not so important to me with cars:

Ah. Uhm. It seems to have gotten stuck in the ground. Try it yourself: trick out an Atrazione, have the explosions on boost upgrade, and hit something big. You get either this or the car sticking straight up out of the ground.

Couple others:

To close, people way back in the thread talked about how so-and-so song was the perfect match for Insurance Fraud, and I'm surprised I never saw one particular song come up.

It's...

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Songs in Fraud never really clicked for me either way, but Blazin' can be just plain ruined by the wrong one and is why I'm kinda mad that you can only have one mixtape. I want two, one for just songs I like in general, and another for fast ones to use for Blazin'. Boys Are Back In Town is the best for it.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Has anyone made a mod that lets you add custom songs to the game yet?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Can't you do that normally?

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
Here's a way to restore Earth: The Saints go back in time, kidnap a gently caress ton of people (a possible explanation for where the people of Roanoke Island went), and drop them on a planet. They stop by every few decades to direct the flow of civilization to ensure that Freckle Bitches comes to be. Now we have a replacement Earth.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

blurry! posted:

Here's a way to restore Earth: The Saints go back in time, kidnap a gently caress ton of people (a possible explanation for where the people of Roanoke Island went), and drop them on a planet. They stop by every few decades to direct the flow of civilization to ensure that Freckle Bitches comes to be. Now we have a replacement Earth.
Some say that this already happened.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How about they go back in time, kidnap Earth and leave a bunch of glowing rocks in its place? :colbert:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
WHY THE gently caress ISN'T THERE MORE MATRIX SHOUTOUTS.

Me and one of my friends were playing this and spitballing ideas the whole time we were playing.

Customizations for the baseball bat for instance, why isn't there a human arm, or a guitar, or a stop sign?

I'd have loved as special or heavy weapon that summons a purple version of those alien reinforcement portals that spits out generic saints and possibly saint killbots and CIDS with an upgrade. That'd add a lot more mileage to all those upgrades you can get for them.

While we're at it, I'd buy the gently caress out of an upgrade that lets you instead of executing a human shield allows you do the agent smith thing and turn them into a saint

Also: There should be a homie skin that makes them look like exact copies of you, so you can roll with a whole squad of 'bosses'

A taser upgrade that causes the same 'glitchout' effect as the mind control blast.

So many ideas.

Raserys posted:

Too late bro I'm already the boss of hell.

Yes I take pride in my dressups :smith:

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 20, 2013

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I kinda wish they had a way to turn superpowers off for a bit (on PS3 so no mods). Just started a new game with the British boss, gave him a hoodie and a gas mask and just had him go from Planet Zin to Planet Zin, robbing each and stealing cars, taking hostages, essentially anything to get away. It was fun as hell, especially set to the K12 station :)

Being able to zip halfway across the map somewhat lessens the danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Wolfsheim posted:

I kinda wish they had a way to turn superpowers off for a bit (on PS3 so no mods). Just started a new game with the British boss, gave him a hoodie and a gas mask and just had him go from Planet Zin to Planet Zin, robbing each and stealing cars, taking hostages, essentially anything to get away. It was fun as hell, especially set to the K12 station :)

Being able to zip halfway across the map somewhat lessens the danger.

There are cheat codes to do just that on the consoles as well. nosupermove and nosuperpowers. Obviously you'll miss out on achievements if they are on though.

• Locked thread