Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I just got a blue psycho head called "reach for the skies" so yeah that's definitely a thing that's happening. Pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Father Wendigo posted:

Remember those neat Old Western Skins that were part of the Community Weekend thing you had to pay $20 for? They're currently dropping right now. I'm finding them in the bonerfart bone piles between Claptrap's igloo and Knuckledragger's nest on Normal mode.

Worked like a charm, got'em all in an hour, and a Hornet to boot!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

All Gaige players should check this out. There's an awesome glitch with her Buck Up skill that basically gives you a 0% shield recharge delay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qvliTuJBU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I haven't played this since the pirate DLC. Started back up on my 50 zer0 and had fun doing Tourge stuff. Barely got to level 51 after what seemed like alot of gameplay. Seems like it will take forever to get to 61 (haven't bought the 61-72 level pack thing).

Been having lots of fun.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Anybody on 360 wanna help me beat the Peak on OP 7? This drat spidertank I need to beat before the boss keeps killing me.
GT: smashpro1

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

smashpro1 posted:

Anybody on 360 wanna help me beat the Peak on OP 7? This drat spidertank I need to beat before the boss keeps killing me.

I'll help you out tomorrow after I get off work

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

Added you (FREE SHRUGS)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Kifisonfire posted:

Added you (FREE SHRUGS)

Thanks for the help!
Now, does anyone on 360 have an OP lvl 8 Rapier or Love Thumper they'd be willing to dupe?
edit: Also looking for any Legendary Sickle class mods.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 14, 2013

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'd love to get in on some of this action too. I got a level 72 legendary ninja Zero, and a near 70 sniper zero.

I'm also on the lookout for any legendary sniper mods someone would be willing to dupe or trade for and any cool siren mods.

gt: Angular Squid

In fact I'd just like to beat Digistruct mountain once, I keep getting in teams with like 3 Psychos.

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 14, 2013

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
So what do you guys reccommend for a new level 50 starting up the DLC for the first time? I've tried going into the ultimate vault hunter mode and doing the start of the quests and also doing the DLC (I'm on the Tourges stuff). I just feel like I'm getting the poo poo kicked out of me really easily. I'm currently using all the duped goodies from the treasure room jump glitch and TVH Warrior runs and stuff.

Is it worth it to do regular TVH mode and level a bit before jumping into UVH mode or should I just power on? I'm chewing through sniper ammo on my zer0 so fast. :/

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

There seems to be a marked jump between level 50 gear and let's say level 51 or 52 gear, so I usually wait until then before going in UVHM. Also bring like a maliwan slag gun (I prefer slag snipers). I didn't use slag AT ALL until I reached UVHM. Also slag health vampire grenades are the best.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I don't really have a suggestion, since I did UVHM with Krieg. Enemies just kept getting styled upon. :smug:

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Community Day Shift codes:

Batch 1
PC: WJCBB-SSFFC-XH93J-BJTBT-Z66ZW
PS3: CT5JT-B6C59-BFF5T-HBCB3-R5FJK
XBOX: CJ5TJ-R66BT-KJ3WR-WXTT3-WFZ65

Batch 2
PC: 5TKJJ-5THRC-XZZ3J-33J33-TSZSC
PS3: 5B5T3-XR5WZ-J66W3-9BK3B-FH595
XBOX: KB5JT-BHFJJ-C3JCX-CRJT3-JHWJW

Each one of these is good for 5 keys, so you get 10 keys total.

EDIT - VVVVVV Oops! Good catch. Corrected. Thanks!

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 15, 2013

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Batch 2
PC: 5TKJJ-5THRC-XZZ3J-J33J33-TSZSC
Not that anyone is going to care because this isn't the PC thread, but this code is invalid; the second-to-last term should read 33J33. :shobon: Just in case anyone can't get it to work.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Okay, I am ready to admit that I am not a bad enough dude to take on four Badass Surveyors zipping around an Ultimate Badass Loader. Apparently Surveyors get promoted to Badasses when they realized stopping and juicing other loaders is for chumps, because they ain't stopping for dick. They are happy to drop their little electro-blasts that fry my Sham with no chance of absorbing, though. I can't even pin them with a norfleet blast when they do a flyby.

I need help. Is anyone down to help me with Overpower Fight #2 Sunday night? I'm on 360, name is username, blah blah blah.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Father Wendigo posted:

Okay, I am ready to admit that I am not a bad enough dude to take on four Badass Surveyors zipping around an Ultimate Badass Loader. Apparently Surveyors get promoted to Badasses when they realized stopping and juicing other loaders is for chumps, because they ain't stopping for dick. They are happy to drop their little electro-blasts that fry my Sham with no chance of absorbing, though. I can't even pin them with a norfleet blast when they do a flyby.

I need help. Is anyone down to help me with Overpower Fight #2 Sunday night? I'm on 360, name is username, blah blah blah.

My partner and I are up to OP 3 running by ourselves. We're away from our consoles until probably tomorrow night around 10 Eastern but if you're still stuck by then, give us a shout and we'll hop in to assist.

Me: ShadowedFlames (Siren)
Partner: xXPhoenixFireXx (Mechro)

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Community Day Shift codes:

Batch 1
PC: WJCBB-SSFFC-XH93J-BJTBT-Z66ZW
PS3: CT5JT-B6C59-BFF5T-HBCB3-R5FJK
XBOX: CJ5TJ-R66BT-KJ3WR-WXTT3-WFZ65

Batch 2
PC: 5TKJJ-5THRC-XZZ3J-33J33-TSZSC
PS3: 5B5T3-XR5WZ-J66W3-9BK3B-FH595
XBOX: KB5JT-BHFJJ-C3JCX-CRJT3-JHWJW

Each one of these is good for 5 keys, so you get 10 keys total.

EDIT - VVVVVV Oops! Good catch. Corrected. Thanks!

Batch 3
MAC/PC: KJKJ3-T396C-RS93J-TJ3BJ-5W3S6
PS3: CTWJJ-CRKCS-3XF5J-SBCT3-Z5BK3
XBOX: 5BK3T-HFFTT-KJ3CF-5RTJT-JZ9J6

Also good for 5 keys (from same event) courtesy of http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key
Get that bookmarked on your phone or whatever if you like golden keys and other shift code hoohah, it updates fairly often. I couldn't find the link source in this thread, it may be in the PC BL2 one. Thanks to whoever brought it to my attention anyway!

I see what was meant by the recent update to "The Warrior landing on items making them unreachable", he appears to melt away like all the other jerks after a short while. I've lost at least one legendary weapon to that giant jerk landing on it. Also I don't recall loader bots being present on the Warrior level, perhaps the crystalisks weren't accessible enough as second wind sources.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Father Wendigo posted:

Okay, I am ready to admit that I am not a bad enough dude to take on four Badass Surveyors zipping around an Ultimate Badass Loader. Apparently Surveyors get promoted to Badasses when they realized stopping and juicing other loaders is for chumps, because they ain't stopping for dick.

Seriously spent about ten minutes chasing one of those motherfuckers around in OP2, just to get the penultimate door to open :negative:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Just put on a Transformer. Their attacks can literally do nothing so you can stand and shoot while they charge in hopelessly with their big dumb electric bolt.

Either that or weaken an enemy enough so that the surveyor starts repairing them, then take them out. They really aren't that hard to deal with if you make them priority.

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!

Kifisonfire posted:

Just put on a Transformer. Their attacks can literally do nothing so you can stand and shoot while they charge in hopelessly with their big dumb electric bolt.

Yup- the transformer is extremely handy against badass surveyors (a god send on the last level of the Hyperion Slaughter thing in Ore Chasm). Another property it has is revealed when you come up against those shield dome projecting robots, if you stroll in to their electric bubble they top your shields right up.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Chain Lightning is also great against Surveyors, infinite range and if you shoot it at the ground or a cliff or anything near the surveyor it will chain to it and at the very least, knock its shields off so you can pop it with a corrosive weapon. And it regens grenade ammo! :science:

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 17, 2013

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

One year ago, Borderlands 2 was released.

Happy anniversary, Raiders! :toot:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
It sure was fun getting to level 72 with only my lv.61 weapons. Now all I need to do is get weapons my level then have them be obsolete trying to get to OP8 :allears:

But, seriously, the new mechromancer legendary mods rule. +5 on all the good skills in the LBT tree is life changing.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

burntpork posted:

It sure was fun getting to level 72 with only my lv.61 weapons. Now all I need to do is get weapons my level then have them be obsolete trying to get to OP8 :allears:

Yeah, I just made it there too. Used my 61 bee shield and corrosive/shock sand hawks the whole time. Those are such a powerful combo that even having a -10 underleveled shield wasn't a problem since I was still killing stuff so fast. I love sand hawks so much that I even reset UVHM so that I could get the lvl 72 versions. Getting a lvl 72 bee shield is proving to be a chore though.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

DecentHairJelly posted:

Yeah, I just made it there too. Used my 61 bee shield and corrosive/shock sand hawks the whole time. Those are such a powerful combo that even having a -10 underleveled shield wasn't a problem since I was still killing stuff so fast. I love sand hawks so much that I even reset UVHM so that I could get the lvl 72 versions. Getting a lvl 72 bee shield is proving to be a chore though.

Which system are you on? If you're on 360, I could dupe you a lvl 71 one (and also OP 2, 4, 6, & 8 ones).

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

burntpork posted:

But, seriously, the new mechromancer legendary mods rule. +5 on all the good skills in the LBT tree is life changing.

No preshrunk cyberpunk on those so no, not all the good skills.
If only legendary anarchist had that instead of five gorillas :allears:

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 18, 2013

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Because of the anniversary, Gearbox has set up two sets of Shift codes, good for five gold keys each.

set 1:
PC / Mac: CBCB3-FX9H5-KTZJT-B3JJ3-6F335
Xbox 360: 5JWJ3-5S533-H6ZT6-5XJBB-6F6TJ
PlayStation 3: CBCT3-3HXZT-HSCKJ-ZTK3B-5H9SB

set 2:
PC / Mac: W3KJ3-ZXSH5-53ZJB-TJB3T-CK559
Xbox 360: 535JJ-RZ5BT-9XS36-CX333-9Z3RF
Playstation 3: W3C3B-ZFXZJ-HHCKJ-HJKJT-SKRXS

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know if resetting UVHM wipes out your OP levels?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

smashpro1 posted:

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know if resetting UVHM wipes out your OP levels?

I don't even know how to reset UVHM. Is there some menu thing to choose it?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Dr.Smasher posted:

I don't even know how to reset UVHM. Is there some menu thing to choose it?

When you load a character and select difficulty, hit Y on 360 with UVHM selected to reset it.

Haven't gotten OP8 unlocked so I''ve yet to test whether you lose progress or not.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Pyromancer posted:

No preshrunk cyberpunk on those so no, not all the good skills.
If only legendary anarchist had that instead of five gorillas :allears:
I don't understand why an anarchist specific mod would even have SoFG in the first place. Maybe for the very small minority who use With Claws.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

ShadowedFlames posted:

When you load a character and select difficulty, hit Y on 360 with UVHM selected to reset it.

Haven't gotten OP8 unlocked so I''ve yet to test whether you lose progress or not.

I made a backup to test it out, and resetting does not reset the OP levels. OP 8 Love Thumper, here I come!

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

smashpro1 posted:

Which system are you on? If you're on 360, I could dupe you a lvl 71 one (and also OP 2, 4, 6, & 8 ones).

I am on 360, gt: bo217spank. I'm usually on in the morning between 8-12 or thereabouts.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

ShadowedFlames posted:

Wow...I had no idea this worked. Does it work on the UVHM DLC too??

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

An added bonus to getting OP 8 level gear - you can turn the OP back down to 0 and still use OP 8 stuff, which dials back the difficulty to TVHM.

Who or what is supposed to drop the new Legendary Class Mods? Was it just Tubby enemies, or is there someone else I missed? Also, does anyone have a Psycho Terramorphus Slayer mod just lying around?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Rough Lobster posted:

Wow...I had no idea this worked. Does it work on the UVHM DLC too??

It resets EVERYTHING on UVHM. I learned the hard way after I slugged my way through Captain Scarlett's on 61. Oh well at least now I can get a higher level Sandhawk again

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

smashpro1 posted:

I made a backup to test it out, and resetting does not reset the OP levels. OP 8 Love Thumper, here I come!

I learned relatively recently that a grounded hide of Terra does more roid damage than a love thumper. At 72 the difference is 300k so I imagine the difference is huge at 80.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Yeah, but the Love Thumper will have much more "uptime" and you have to add in something like 40% more damage because of the Novas.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

lazerwolf posted:

It resets EVERYTHING on UVHM. I learned the hard way after I slugged my way through Captain Scarlett's on 61. Oh well at least now I can get a higher level Sandhawk again

Man, I wish I had the situational awareness to notice the little reset notice there, because I've been avoiding even picking up certain quests until I get max level to get the best possible goods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

An added bonus to getting OP 8 level gear - you can turn the OP back down to 0 and still use OP 8 stuff, which dials back the difficulty to TVHM.

Who or what is supposed to drop the new Legendary Class Mods? Was it just Tubby enemies, or is there someone else I missed? Also, does anyone have a Psycho Terramorphus Slayer mod just lying around?
Apparently they have a good chance of dropping in the chests at the end of the peak. Don't know if that's true, could be bullshit but I haven't seen one there.

• Locked thread