Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

horriblePencilist posted:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is 50% off! Should I bite?

Another vote for Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
That Monster Hunter sale is pretty awesome, for that price I think I'll get rid of my physical copy and pick it up digitally. Perfect timing as well for everyone getting the WWHD bundle.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Why in the world would they make Wii Sports HD online but not Mario 3D World?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

How high of a tolerance do you have for grindy bullshit and 24/7 Dark Souls-style boss fights?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Why in the world would they make Wii Sports HD online but not Mario 3D World?

Sports games are much easier to write netcode for than fairly fast-paced, precision-jumping 3D platformers...?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Artix posted:

How high of a tolerance do you have for grindy bullshit and 24/7 Dark Souls-style boss fights?

Woah woah woah. FUN grindy bullshit. :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Sports games are much easier to write netcode for than fairly fast-paced, precision-jumping 3D platformers...?
As someone who could see how they could do both, I'm inclined to agree. There are games like Littlebigplanet that not only are online but also allow for online collaboration, so I can't let Nintendo off the hook. But it's a lot harder. I suggested in the past to handle things client-side rather than server-side and dont bother with collision detection between players, because I feel like that would clear some of the major hurdles. But this is something Nintendo's never done before, and yes they're probably going to have to learn how to do it sooner or later, but this is yet another middling-effort title being rushed to market to satiate the starving install base, so it's not going to be with this game.

But I'd love it if Nintendo could take a page from Rayman Legends and allow you to race against ghosts of other players like the Rayman Legends Challenge Mode. There seems to be some sort of competitive scoring element to SM3DW, so I feel like you should be able to compete against online players' scores and times and include a ghost replay on the screen, or multiple ghost replays on the screen like Rayman Legends does.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Get Darksiders II it will be cheaper and you can ride around each hub on a horse just like in Ocarina of Time as you do sidequests and get more money/life upgrades.

Darksiders II was the game that showed me adding RPG mechanics and randomized loot to a game doesn't always make it better. I'd have enjoyed that game a lot more if it had stuck with standard Zelda style upgrades.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I wonder how big Wind Waker HD is. I only have an 8 gig Basic. Hope it fits. :ohdear:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cyra posted:

I wonder how big Wind Waker HD is. I only have an 8 gig Basic. Hope it fits. :ohdear:

1.7gb. You also actually only have like six gigs.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

According to Andrew Wilson, EA is the greatest company in the world.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Do you want to gain 75 pounds? Is World of Warcraft your favorite game ever?

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...

Policenaut posted:

As someone who enjoys Panzer Dragoon Saga, I think it'd be nice if more people got to enjoy it.

As someone who paid $400 for Panzer Dragoon Saga, MINE MINE MINE MINE GET YOUR OWN MINE.

But I digress.

vvv I WILL DESTROY YOU. I mean congratulations.

I'll join that club. Didn't pay $400 though... paid $150 about a month ago.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Holy poo poo that HD Trainer is creepy. What is with her mouth, it only opens like a centimeter.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Vrikkian posted:

I'll join that club. Didn't pay $400 though... paid $150 about a month ago.

I payed 200 for mine, but it came with Steel Battalion so I dont mind.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

:siren: gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress :siren:
It's still £38.99 new from Amazon, and that's the cheapest price I've seen to this date. How big is the game? I only have a Basic and still need to get another spare external HD.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You can probably buy it and download it later if you don't have the space.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

whaley posted:

Do you want to gain 75 pounds? Is World of Warcraft your favorite game ever?

What? They're not comparable in the least.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Super Slash posted:

:siren: gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress :siren:
It's still £38.99 new from Amazon, and that's the cheapest price I've seen to this date. How big is the game? I only have a Basic and still need to get another spare external HD.

Pretty sure the game is around 6gb, so it may or may not fit if you have absolutely nothing on your hard drive. If your hard drive is clean when you go to buy it from the eshop it should say something about you needed an external hard drive to download if it's more than what you have available.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Soul Calibur 2 HD could come to Wii U if there is demand:

http://www.gamesradar.com/soulcalibur-2-hd-could-get-post-release-content-or-wii-u-version-if-demand-there/

Namco is suggesting to ask the producer on twitter:

https://twitter.com/hoshino_calibur

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Spoiler: There isn't demand

Evidence: Tekken sales

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

There might be if they confirm Link's return. :colbert:

(Do the Playstation and Xbox versions have Spawn and Heihachi?)

edit: vvvv
Doesn't surprise me. Spawn is not exactly a hot property anymore. Still, given the Nintendo costumes in Tekken Tag 2 and the fact NamcoBandai is also working on Smash Bros 4, it doesn't seem out of the question. They already have an HD model of Link ready to go.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 19, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chaltab posted:

There might be if they confirm Link's return. :colbert:

(Do the Playstation and Xbox versions have Spawn and Heihachi?)

Just Heihachi.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Just Heihachi.

No, they're getting Spawn as well.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah Bandai Namco still puts out McFarlane toys in Japan so Spawn being back is a given. Can't wait to see the HD version of Todd McFarlane's "greatest" creation though, Necrid.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah Bandai Namco still puts out McFarlane toys in Japan so Spawn being back is a given. Can't wait to see the HD version of Todd McFarlane's "greatest" creation though, Necrid.

Whenever someone mentions Spawn I just feel guilty. Like mentioning Limp Bizkit. "I helped make that popular."

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So are both versions of Soul Calibur 2 HD getting both Heihachi and Spawn, or are they making them system exclusive again? If a Wii U version could have all 3 special dudes that would be amazing.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

So are both versions of Soul Calibur 2 HD getting both Heihachi and Spawn, or are they making them system exclusive again? If a Wii U version could have all 3 special dudes that would be amazing.
If cross platform play is ever a thing, I wonder what would happen in cases like this. Would these hypothetical Xbox Two and Playstation 5 players see Link? Would he just be banned from online play? Or appear as a generic collection of polygons?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Chaltab posted:

If cross platform play is ever a thing, I wonder what would happen in cases like this. Would these hypothetical Xbox Two and Playstation 5 players see Link? Would he just be banned from online play? Or appear as a generic collection of polygons?

They will make a character for the XB1/PS4 versions called Stink. Same moves, different model.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

They will make a character for the XB1/PS4 versions called Stink. Same moves, different model.

This would be in the spirit of having Assassin, Berserker, Arthur, etc. for different regions (though they made many of those playable in the US releases anyway). They just have to do what From Software did and call him Green Hero instead of Link.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

It's a pretty fun boss fighting game that takes some getting use to, so if you can deal with things like animation priority and you're willing to look at other sites for some tips, then yes, definitely go for it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just picked up a used balance board from Gamestop for 20 bucks in preparation for Wii Fit U since I gave my Balance Board to my mom when I left my original Wii with my brother and parents. I was able to get one in essentially mint-condition, almost all the other ones were yellowed for reasons I don't want to think about. If you want to get in on Wii Fit U for 40 bucks instead of the 90 bucks the bundle will cost, get in now before Gamestop's boards get picked over.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

They will make a character for the XB1/PS4 versions called Stink.

Namco and MAD Magazine working together on this one I see.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They'd just call him Zelda.

Aeros Wilhelm
Sep 2, 2011

deadwing posted:

Just picked up a used balance board from Gamestop for 20 bucks in preparation for Wii Fit U since I gave my Balance Board to my mom when I left my original Wii with my brother and parents. I was able to get one in essentially mint-condition, almost all the other ones were yellowed for reasons I don't want to think about. If you want to get in on Wii Fit U for 40 bucks instead of the 90 bucks the bundle will cost, get in now before Gamestop's boards get picked over.

Or more accurately, get in before Gamestop realizes what's up and raises the price of their fit boards to meet demand.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

deadwing posted:

I just picked one up too, and I think mine was only $13 for some reason? (edit: oh it was probably the powerup rewards card)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

deadwing posted:

My balance board's looking a little yellow and I assure you nothing weird has been done with it other than collecting dust under my TV table. Some effect of age perhaps?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Bruceski posted:

My balance board's looking a little yellow and I assure you nothing weird has been done with it other than collecting dust under my TV table. Some effect of age perhaps?

Many old SNES' suffer the same fate, it depends on which factory manufactured them as they used a pretty decent plastic or a not so decent plastic.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Sire Oblivion posted:

What? They're not comparable in the least.

Yeah the way they play isn't but they're both games for fat people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

:psyduck:

My WWHD Wii U just shipped, since when does amazon.ca do the release day delivery thing? I might actually start pre-ordering more things from them.

• Locked thread