Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Basically.

They just add red dye to make it easier to detect people cheating the system. Running used ATF in a diesel is a good way to get the evil eye as well, a few people have fallen foul of DOT checkpoints in old mil surplus trucks while doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

kastein posted:

Basically.

They just add red dye to make it easier to detect people cheating the system. Running used ATF in a diesel is a good way to get the evil eye as well, a few people have fallen foul of DOT checkpoints in old mil surplus trucks while doing that.

Filtering and selling diesel is what the IRA have moved into, now they can't pretend not to be simply criminals. It's big business across the Irish border.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Vindolanda posted:

Filtering and selling diesel is what the IRA have moved into, now they can't pretend not to be simply criminals.
Probably doesn't help that one of their major sources of funding found out what terrorists actually do.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Getting caught running red fuel turns into a huge goatfuck.

I've never even been inspected, and I run the correct color fuel anyway.

I accomplished zero work today. I also have probably done dumber poo poo that cost me more money too.

Behold, my latest irresponsible purchase. It's a 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic (R). Or FLHTCUI for you Harley nerds.

It's loving gorgeous, way better looking that the Heritage softail I traded in.

It's been raining off and on since I got home...and my driveway is dirt. This bike is too pretty to get muddy on her first day. So no ride report yet, tomorrow, however, is another day. :)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Used Sunlight sales posted:

Getting caught running red fuel turns into a huge goatfuck.

I've never even been inspected, and I run the correct color fuel anyway.

You can't get away with a farm exemption (which exempts you from inspection as well) like we do in PA?

But, yeah....you're pretty hosed if you get dipped at a DOT check point with red fuel. But in reality, you usually end up hosed at a DOT checkpoint anyway in my experience....and I don't drive junk....I'm talking about things like getting slammed for leftover oil on the frame AFTER you've fixed the leak and it's obviously dry/no source can be found/clean part above the oil.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I am going to keep depending on luck and staying the hell away from town to keep from getting my dump truck inspected. :ohdear:

My lights aren't legal, I'm still working on getting my brake lights to operate properly and I may have a few small leaks under the truck.

But hey, the rubber is good and the brakes are new!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Vindolanda posted:

Filtering and selling diesel is what the IRA have moved into, now they can't pretend not to be simply criminals. It's big business across the Irish border.

This. A friend went to Ireland several years ago to see family, and random checkpoints (including fuel inspections) were pretty much a regular thing for him, even in the middle of nowhere.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

some texas redneck posted:

This. A friend went to Ireland several years ago to see family, and random checkpoints (including fuel inspections) were pretty much a regular thing for him, even in the middle of nowhere.

There are more of them out in the middle of nowhere as it's all farmland.

I think in Ireland (ROI) they have green diesel instead of red. Can't be that hard to filter the dye out, diesel is already a greeny-yellowy colour.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Mooseykins posted:

I think in Ireland (ROI) they have green diesel instead of red.

Heh. They would wouldnt they.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Charcoal kitchen extractor hood filters may or may not filter certain dyes remarkably well :ninja:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Motronic posted:

I'm talking about things like getting slammed for leftover oil on the frame AFTER you've fixed the leak and it's obviously dry/no source can be found/clean part above the oil.

Good thing Rover doesn't make heavy trucks for the US :v:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Good thing Rover doesn't make heavy trucks for the US :v:

I'm almost positive Mack has some connection to Land Rover. It may not be official, but they sure leak the right way.

And the goddamn parts prices.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cakefool posted:

Charcoal kitchen extractor hood filters may or may not filter certain dyes remarkably well :ninja:

I am SO trying this.

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 13, 2013

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

Cakefool posted:

During the war the UK issued petrol for certain permitted uses, which was dyed red. People apparently used their gas mask charcoal filters to remove the dye, and a few people were caught because they were buying up gas masks and someone noticed.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
My buddy Kyle stopped by today and he confirmed that charcoal will get the red dye out. He's been a Deere tech for 10 years, I feature that he knows what he is talking about.

He also has a pretty cool 359 with a 3406B Cat and a 13 speed that he uses to haul hay and grain with...

Anyway, we were talking trucks and I said my Jakes weren't working. A little bit later I went in to fetch the keys, I came out and he had my dash apart. (literally two screws hold the dash in and it's hinged on bottom.) Seems the problem with my Jakes was that the switch wasn't hooked up. One of the connections had popped off. Put it back on and took a little test drive.

So I've got working Jake brakes now. There's a hill that's pretty steep that I have to go down a lot. Something like 10% grade for a third of a mile.

The rock hauler belly dumps with 550hp ISX's drop to about 35 at the top of it if they hit the bottom at 65. It's a gnarly climb, especially for the 'flatlands' of Kansas. COming down that hill is pretty hairy in a forty year old dump truck with just service brakes.

Anyway, tl;dr, I got my jake brakes working, expect a video of twin stickin and jake brakin soon.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Anyway, tl;dr, I got my jake brakes working, expect a video of twin stickin and jake brakin soon.

Is there a twin sticks for dummies website that will explain to me how that craziness works? I mean I think I get that there's a low and a high side for each gear, but I couldn't figure out how to get thru the gears (or what order to move thru them) if you put me in one.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Viper_3000 posted:

Is there a twin sticks for dummies website that will explain to me how that craziness works? I mean I think I get that there's a low and a high side for each gear, but I couldn't figure out how to get thru the gears (or what order to move thru them) if you put me in one.

It's easy. You shift each side this way:

Then multiple the right stick by the left minus 1 to figure out which gear you're in.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Motronic posted:

It's easy. You shift each side this way:

:stare:

I'll never get mad at trucks like these taking forever to switch gears when i'm behind them ever again.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
My shift pattern usually goes like this. main trans/aux trans

I start off with the back trans either in second if I am loaded or whatever if I am not.

I'll work up the low side, second on the aux trans keeps all the low side gears really close together. When I hit fifth in the main trans, i'll go to third on the aux trans before I jump to the high side of the main trans. I like to stay in third on the aux box until I get to 9th and 10th, then I play with the 3-4 shift on the aux box to split those gears out.

2/2
3/2
4/2
5/2 (this is the 2-3 shift on the aux box.)
5/3
Skip sixth gear because it's literally the same as fifth.
7/3
8/3
9/3
9/4 (starting splitting gears on the high side with the aux box)
10/3
10/4 <--- Haul rear end gear.

I can try to make a better shifting video and sort of show the shift pattern. I'll put that on the to-do list. :)

Something else, a 13, 15 or 18 will still only have a total of six gates on the transmission. Just a basic six speed pattern, but in a 13/15/18 you have air shifters to split gears, with an aux trans it's a second stick.

There is this guy, http://youtu.be/8lEYaTvvq4g
Only the stick in the middle is actually a gear shifter, the inside and outside sticks are just connected to air switches under the floor. It's cool, but it's not a three stick transmission. Kind of ricey and makes things needlessly complicated. If I was driving over the road I'd have a 15 or 18 and gear it for the moon and leave the loving shifter alone. Six holes and two switches are hard enough to keep track of, not to mention turning the jakes on and off so why add two MORE sticks. Maybe he calls it theft prevention because no one else will ever figure out how to drive the fucker.

This dude has a similar transmission arrangement to what I have, But he doesn't have a two speed axle. And it's in a Cabover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCQj68cdb88

And then there is this, a Mack with a triplex. http://youtu.be/2mf6AUbjT-s?t=29s I can't do that. That dude, however is pretty badass.

I didn't watch more than a few seconds of this, but he seems to know what he is talking about. http://youtu.be/arClXRkHKGs

So now that you've watched all those, here's a few seconds of revving my truck and letting it jake down in the yard. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/XdXlU-9n1SY

I've got some cool pictures I'll share with ya'll later.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

insane crazy shifting shiznits

Twin stick shifting is madness, gotta be the ultimate in rev-matching and gear-floating skill. I can float gears in my car but nothing like guys who shift tandem gearboxes.

My favourite twin stick video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8SNT3uy-4

So now that you've watched all those, here's a few seconds of revving my truck and letting it jake down in the yard. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/XdXlU-9n1SY

I've got some cool pictures I'll share with ya'll later.

I love Jakes. A friend of mine had a C500 over here, we rolled through town (Central London) and jake'd it a few times, the reactions from people was priceless, but you had to switch off the jake and haul rear end immediately after..

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I hate to interrupt the red fuel and two stick jake brake discussion, but I've got time to sit down, upload some pics and make a post.

Rats in my wiring, notice all the dirt and wood debris. It's a half day project to clean the hull out and do a good job.

Rat nest

Squeezed into the shop

Cab up

Pumps, hoses, valves and general magic poo poo. The place where rats ate the wiring is in the bottom right.

Under the back hood.

Pre made patches for the wiring harness that the rat(s) ate.

Zero room to work down there.

One more done. Notice how much dirt there isn't. I had to empty my 5 gallon shop vac twice. It was a mess down there. Filled the shop with dust too.

All done, I did black tape everything and tied the harness back.

This however was not the problem. The problem was a loose connector inside the main computer box. The wire harness that I repaired is for the left side wheel speed sensor. Oh well.

I also broke my scraper.

That's what happens on a down hill push when the caster gets caught in a cow track. The sound it made snapping off was pretty cool though.

I got to use my favorite tool, my trusty Gas Axe.

Then the grinder.

checking for straightness.

I took it over to my buddy John Boy's and he filled the gouges in, ground it flat and welded on the new spindle....for ten bucks.

Another little welding project that I did. We've gotten several awards for the ranch over the years that come in sign form. Signs must hang, and everyone else around here just ties them to the fence. Not me, they must hang high in air so people can see them.

The sign, I covered the name of the county. I know there's some of you that have probably figured out where I am to within a few miles and thank you for maintaining my privacy. :)

I built the new frame out of angle iron. Used the torch to 'V' notch the stock, and just folded it over.

Corner weld of the frame with mounting bracket.

Another mounting bracket. Not bad for an old dude that learned to weld in high school.

Finished the new part. Sam approves. Dropped a coat of rustoleum black on it. Things don't rust very fast out here, it's really dry.

No more of that, every other picture I took either has a highway sign in the frame, or the mailbox with names on it.

It got cloudy and my solar panels got dirty. As a result, I almost ran out of water for the cows and had to get a generator around so I could pump water over night.

First thing, I checked the oil...and it was full of fuel. Oil change time!

This generator is a piece of crap, but it will run for 16 hours at a time on the water pump on about 3.5 gallons of fuel. I've had to rewire everything but the guts of the generator itself.

We've also had a hard time with pull cords. So I said gently caress it, took the pull cord housing OFF and rigged up a handheld starter left over from my go kart racing days to start the generator.
Now, it's really no problem to get the generator running. It fires right up with a couple seconds every time. :)

The problem is when the battery on your starter goes kaput and you're too cheap to buy another fifty dollar battery for it.
So you use jumper cables from your truck to he starter to start the generator.

Shut the hell up, it works. :colbert:

I also cleaned some solar panels, the bottom left is still dirty, everything else is clean.

That's all I have unless you want to see my Harley from about 50 different angles. :D

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I'd love to see your Harley from about 50 different angles.

I'm also pretty curious as to what kind of bumper you've got on your truck there. I'm no stranger to bumper replacements but it looks good from what little I can see of it and I'd love to know more.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A couple guys I know run a 175 amp (or larger) anderson powerpole connector on their grill/bumper, then make a set of jumper cables that has alligators on one end and a powerpole on the other. Does double duty if you already have a plow frame and the power lead for it on the truck, and keeps jerkoffs from permanently borrowing your jumper cables.

You could even just build one directly onto the starter you rigged up... walk up, plug in, start, unplug, walk away, never even pop the hood.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Out of curiosity, what do you power with the solar panels? I would assume buildings on the ranch? Also how does one win the "Excellence in Grazing Management Award" because the son of a bitch is mine this year.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

AcidRonin posted:

Out of curiosity, what do you power with the solar panels? I would assume buildings on the ranch? Also how does one win the "Excellence in Grazing Management Award" because the son of a bitch is mine this year.

Yeah - I've got no cows and lots of grass, surely I've managed my grazing best? (wrong country though)

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Those solar panels power a submersible pump that pumps water up 120 feet to an 8,000 gallon storage tank. From there, gravity takes over and feeds a system with six 12 foot diameter stock tanks and about 4,000 feet of pipe. The tanks have an Aluminum float connected to a brass valve with a rubber seat. If pipeline pressure is greater than the static head in the tank and the float is down, water flows in.
If the float is down and line pressure is lower than the tank head pressure (indicating that I'm out of fuckin water) it won't back feed.

A couple cloudy days with dirty panels and you get really low on water. When that happens I hook a 6kW generator up to a 1200 watt load. It runs a long time and runs at full capacity.

It's also a cool fact that the pit pond where the pump is will still flow 20+ gpm while pumping 12 gpm out with the pump. It's a really good spring.

e: Got a dump trucking job for tomorrow. Not sure how many loads yet, but it might keep me busy the rest of the week.

Found out this morning that my dump truck leaks electricity. Bad enough to discharge three 950 amp batteries. Time to hook up a disconnect switch and chase shorts.

I also have to replace that 24 foot INCH section of pipe from the down pipe to the Y. I got it off this morning, heading to the truck shop to get a new piece.

Used Sunlight sales fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 17, 2013

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Do you know of a good place online to look up parts for a Case 1740 skid loader.... I am turning up blanks here. Or best just to call the dealer?

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Try searching here, asking if you can't find a thread.

http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/forumdisplay.php?63-Skid-Steers

I personally don't know of anywhere, sorry.

I got a dump truckin job, not even sure how many loads it's going to end up, but I started off with three today. I had to finish ranch work before I could go haul rock and the quarry closed today at 2:30. I hit the yard at 2:45.

The L/O is having me spread rock on his roads, and I've got about a mile and a half to do. :woop:

On the down side, I can't seem to find my frickin GoPro. :( I'll figure something out, the jakes sound pretty cool.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Try searching here, asking if you can't find a thread.

Thanks, I will do some digging. There is a Case IH 1740 for sale cheap near me, just needs a new drive belt. I checked out the machine, starts and runs pretty good. The bucket and loader hydraulics work fine, just wont go forwards or backwards. You can see a big ol broken belt down in the bottom that looks like it heads to the clutches.

The guy is asking 1500 for it. Figured I can use it to do dirt work around the folks house, do some quick side work, clean it up and sell it. Good skid steers in decent shape sell routinely for 5000, especially if its diesel.

Edit: From quick googling, it shows its capacity is 1700 lbs, which is pretty good because most modern loaders are around 2000 lbs. But this one is about 1/30th the price. :v:

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 19, 2013

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Not knowing that model specifically, but as long as it's a belt, should be easy enough to procure a replacement.

There should be one drive motor per side and a huge gently caress off chain that keeps the front and back wheels turning together. IF it's a hydrostat drive, if not...maybe it's got some strange clutch arrangement.

Speaking of solar pumping systems....the ranch I am hauling for this week has TWO solar systems that will pump 60 gpm. Those panel arrays are huge, but I don't think I will be close enough to one for a while yet to take a picture.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Here is the PDF about the loader.... I think its just a clutch arrangement.

http://www.casece.com/en_in/Gallery/Downloads/xPM_SSL_1740/cce_SSL_1700-Series_Brochure_1-19-2012.pdf

It sounds like a decent loader though, going to check it out tomorrow after work. I imagine its the big gently caress off belt that runs to the clutches.

I know really nothing about skid steers, I can manage my way around a tractor though. I cant imagine poo poo being to different.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I know really nothing about skid steers, I can manage my way around a tractor though. I cant imagine poo poo being to different.

They are different, but it should 't be anything you can't pick up without damage and in a few days of operating one if you know how to run equipment (meaning you know how to inch up to limits rather than being a retard and breaking/rolling poo poo) and are familiar with what you are using (as in, you've run a tracked vehicle before if this skid loader is tracked).

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://omaha.craigslist.org/hvo/4074969996.html

its not tracked, its old, but it could be mine for next to nothing. But if the hydraulics aren't leaking like sieves, the motor is strong, and the rest of the drive train isnt hosed, it would be the deal of the century.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

http://omaha.craigslist.org/hvo/4074969996.html

its not tracked, its old, but it could be mine for next to nothing. But if the hydraulics aren't leaking like sieves, the motor is strong, and the rest of the drive train isnt hosed, it would be the deal of the century.

I'm not really sure what you do with a wheel loader other than load trucks with materials in a yard. It's really not any good for actual digging, as you can't reasonably get on a pile without tracks. Or at least you shouldn't be. I dont' even think it've ever even seen a toothed bucket on one.

And those old ones usually can't even make it over the sides of a triaxle.

That's why it's so cheap.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Motronic posted:

I'm not really sure what you do with a wheel loader other than load trucks with materials in a yard. It's really not any good for actual digging, as you can't reasonably get on a pile without tracks. Or at least you shouldn't be. I dont' even think it've ever even seen a toothed bucket on one.

And those old ones usually can't even make it over the sides of a triaxle.

That's why it's so cheap.

It would be more used for doing poo poo around the folks house and other random assorted tasks. I dont plan on doing actual digging, but we do have a few small areas to level out, which again, wont take much.

I figure I can get the ol boy down to a 1000 and snag it if its decent. I don't plan to do any actual "construction" or anything of that nature. Plus if I do anything more than this, I am going to need a seriously bigger truck. The ol Range Rover can only tow so much. But there has been a rash of guys dumping fairly late model F350 2 wheel drives with dump boxes on em, so I am fairly certain things aren't going well in the small time construction business.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 20, 2013

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I didn't have the greatest few days at work at the end of last week. Wednesday I had ranch work to do before I went dump truckin, so I only got three loads hauled, but I looked at the whole job. It's going to keep me busy for a long time.

Thursday, I got the ranch work done early and was heading to get the first load of rock about 9:00am. First load went fine, without a problem. The truck just hummed right along. Second load, about 14 miles off the pavement going around a right hand corner the engine died.

At 10:40 in the morning, 14 miles from the pavement and no cell service. I had to stand on the rock in the bed and hold my phone over my head and talk on speaker phone. I got a ride back to get tools. It took me until 5:30 to get it running. Cummins PT fuel systems work great, until you get air in it and then they are hosed. I had to haul in some fuel and get the system re-primed AND chase an electrical problem that may or may not have been a contributing factor. By the time I got her running it was sprinkling rain, and I had 15 tons of 4+ rock in the back that's know to set up like cement if it gets wet. Got to get that poo poo out, it was 7pm before I made it back to the yard.

Next time I run the loving truck out of fuel, I know how to fix it and get it running quickly.

Fuel pump pic..

Who knows what's a fuel line?

Who knows what fuel line does what?

The diagram I found shows the main fuel feed to the engine coming out of the shutdown valve. Of which I do not have a clear picture.

Just another day fixing a broke rear end dump truck on the side of the road 35 miles from town and about 5 from the nearest house.

Later that day....

I wish that picture would have come out better. I like the light and the framing, but it's not quite in focus or I was shaking and it was getting dark. One or the other.

I took a dump.

Those tanks are 30 feet across and they raise American Bison on this place. I hauled 30 tons to each tank or the 4+ size rock. They were going to try and get it spread out around them shortly in case I have to bring more. I'm also doing about three miles of road for them, so I'll be in the area a lot.

The manager of the ranch also said that the drilling and production contractors (for the oil field) might be interested in me hauling some for them on their lease roads. It's going to be a good deal if I can get some work down there. I'm trading rock for fuel, they keep fuel on site. I don't have to go more than a couple miles out of my way to get fuel now so hopefully my dumbass will keep a little more in the tank.

The rock I am going to spread on the roads is a 2-3" clean gyp rock. It's got about 10% fines in it and that's just about right to help it bind back together and make a good road. I made a test run and got my chains figured out. Ten links worked great in 2/1 gear.

Getting loaded

I bail out when they load, the lack of cab seals and constant Kansas wind mean poo poo loads of dust inside.

Here's the battery disconnect I installed.

Here's the piece of exhaust that I removed....

I may have done a small amount of damage to it getting it off....it was coming apart though and not connected to itself in three places. Horrendous exhaust leak.

New piece installed...

I love air tools. An air chisel and impact tool made that lovely job last about ten minutes.

The truck is a lot quieter now and the jakes sound a little better. The piece of flex pipe between the Y and my right muffler also has a crack and leak in it. Now that I know how inexpensive the pipe is, I'll pick up another piece next time I am at the truck shop.

It's been a nice weekend, and I am looking forward to getting back to work this week and making some cash hauling rock.

Knucks, how's the skid steer buying?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

How much time are you devoting to hauling rock/whatever else, versus your normal daily gig? I know you don't really have a "normal daily gig" but aren't your cattle your first priority? Just interesting to me to learn about time management when it comes to your sort of lifestyle.

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
Dump trucking is not very much of my time at all.

Yes, the cows are #1, they pay the bills. They get taken care of first. Some days that takes all day, some days...about 45 minutes.

After that, I'll go cut trees, work on fence or build roads or haul rock. I work about as long as I feel like working.
I'm not the best at time management, but I have some cool charts to help me keep my poo poo straight.

I have an office with ranch maps and grazing charts on the walls.

It's nice being really flexible, there's a patriot guard ride tomorrow morning that I am going on for example.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Yes, the cows are #1, they pay the bills. They get taken care of first. Some days that takes all day, some days...about 45 minutes.

It's nice being really flexible, there's a patriot guard ride tomorrow morning that I am going on for example.

Heh. Cue mental image of you pulling up in dump truck, "Hey Cows, you guys good?"

:cow: moo.

"K, cool be back tomarrow"

Also do i even want to know what WBC is protesting near ranches....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

AcidRonin posted:

Also do i even want to know what WBC is protesting near ranches....?
All those cows in same-sex fields, no wonder he got storm damage...

• Locked thread