Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Just check out that link in my post above! Just ignore all the overexaggeration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Daerc posted:

Okay, so new expert. Achievements are buggy. And by buggy I mean I have like 4 group achievements that the rest of my group (Abu, Murv, Marhom and Rolle) don't. Including the kill Twyl achievement.

Got server first on the don't wake up one though. :smug: (No one else got it either)

Well. Seems they are aware of it at least!

* Realm of Twisted Dreams - Some achievements are only granted to the tank, being investigated.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Re-downloading the game :downs: Hopefully it works, not sure if I will make raid time if we try to go tonight.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Jazzhands and Minivegeta in game, hurray excitement!

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
Could I please get an invite for my rogue, Fishbuckets.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Yeah, it happened again when Vandee tanked it.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

anthonypants posted:

Just check out that link in my post above! Just ignore all the overexaggeration.

I tried this out at ~45 last night and it's quite fun and seems efficient. Also more interesting than just arrowing people, with more than 1 resource to juggle. I'm not an unkillable god, though. You can definitely over-pull and I don't have all the tricks or possibly muscle memory down.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

quote:

RIFT 2.4: Hotfix #1 9/19/13

GENERAL
* The damage and HP of old world (Mathosia/Ember Isle) mobs have been slightly reduced. They are still more difficult than they were before 2.4, just not as difficult.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

STORM BREAKER PROTOCOL
* Fixed an issue that prevented Proximity Mine Autodeployers and Eternal Sentinels from being placed.

ITEMS
* Procs for the follow essences have been corrected:
- Hunt Prime Flamecaller's Rotward
- Hunt Prime Mender's Rotward
- Hunt Prime Mender's Brimstone

UI/SETTINGS
* The Multipass Terrain option has been removed, and instead will always be enabled for all characters. There is still an additional optimization ahead.
* Known recipes are once more filtered correctly.
* Recipes once more display "already learned" on their tooltips.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

deimos posted:

quote:

* Known recipes are once more filtered correctly.
* Recipes once more display "already learned" on their tooltips.
Dang, that was a quick turnaround.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Recipes issue was known before launch but the fix didn't meet their internal deadline of code freeze so it was lined up for launch day + 1.

cutie
Oct 22, 2010
I am having a problem with lifebound veil not healing sometimes. Is there a really short range on it? I have synthesis on the tank too.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

LBV's range is huge -- something like 30m (if you have the appropriate trait of course but you should have it). Did you check the combat log and verify if the tank is not cancelling his synth buff? Perhaps someone else is overriding your synth too.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

quote:

* The Multipass Terrain option has been removed, and instead will always be enabled for all characters. There is still an additional optimization ahead.
Grumble grumble that option was the single biggest difference in perf behind shadows. :mad:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

OneEightHundred posted:

Grumble grumble that option was the single biggest difference in perf behind shadows. :mad:

But now you can do /pixelgranularity <1-100> for a quick performance boost if needed

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Last night featured the best looking raid in Rift:

e: they really need a HQ screenshot option...

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

You can use RivaTuner for screenshots. Free and multiple file types available from bmp to png.

Edit: What screen size is your monitor? 26" 30"?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Alt-PrintScreen and paste into mspaint.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Alt-PrintScreen and paste into mspaint.

I don't think that works if you're full screen, though I am probably wrong and can't test this. I play in full-screen windowed mode though and it does work for that and would be much easier to do than playing in regular fullscreen.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I use Steam to take/organize my screenshots. Have not had any trouble with quality.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

SlayVus posted:

I don't think that works if you're full screen, though I am probably wrong and can't test this. I play in full-screen windowed mode though and it does work for that and would be much easier to do than playing in regular fullscreen.

It definitely works in windowed fullscreen since that's what I'm using.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

SlayVus posted:

You can use RivaTuner for screenshots. Free and multiple file types available from bmp to png.

Edit: What screen size is your monitor? 26" 30"?

27". I know I can use other tools, I'd like to not have to, though. The compression they use on the screenshots is just absurd.

edit: also I play "Maximized Window" or whatever so it's not really fullscreen.

Bizarro Kale
Oct 15, 2005
Requesting an invite on Sailak, been playing pretty casually for a while, wouldn't mind having a guild chat to look at rather than the combat log at all times.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

necrotic posted:

I knew it would be a very short time before we saw groups dressed in young girl school uniforms. Bring on all the tentacled beasties in the game and Rift will have gone all Hentai on us, lol

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 20, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Vendictus Prime posted:

I knew it would be a very short time before we saw groups dressed is young girl school uniforms. Bring on all the tentacled beasties in the game and Rift will have gone all Hentai on us, lol

I don't think you "get" that screenshot.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I need KORANOS for something not game related, does anyone know his SA user?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

So I've been looking for an MMO with decent character building, and was recommended this (and Path of Exile) by a friend who informed me it was F2P now.

Is there any combination of souls that plays kind of like a thief/illusionist? Something that has thief attributes like stealth or backstabbing or whatever along with tricky rear end in a top hat spells like blinks, clones, etc.

E: Assassin/Riftstalker looks promising, how viable is it?

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 20, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Assassin is what you want for ~~stealth~~. Riftstalker is a tank soul with lots of cooldowns and blinks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They ran through Planebreaker on the livestream today, it looks pretty fun :)

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/463706480

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

They ran through Planebreaker on the livestream today, it looks pretty fun :)

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/463706480

those fights look incredible. i'm pretty excited to get into that raid.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
I'm playing for the first time in like a year and a half, and am I misremembering some chrolo stuff or was it changed? For example, didn't you used to be able to use synthesis with LGV, and didn't healing used to scale off damage dealt rather than being set values?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
so we went into infinity gate for the first time and downed breaker x-1 last night after 10 or so solid pulls and i have to say it's a very odd fight. the tactician mechanic isn't particularly clear and it's never clear if you're in the arc of its' attacks. i like the movement aspect in 2nd and 3rd burn phases (it reminds me a lot of regulos and is an interesting method of forcing a dps check). however the most absurd part of the fight is that whoever goes through the portals has to endure two loading screens. considering the portals are a de facto dps check - what the gently caress, trion?

from what i saw the grim brothers are more interesting but again, some of the mechanics seem very unclear. hopefully they'll become easier to understand when we do serious pulls tonight and we can move on to volan, who is apparently a very fun encounter (plus i get to tank so that should be interesting).

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

THE PWNER posted:

I'm playing for the first time in like a year and a half, and am I misremembering some chrolo stuff or was it changed? For example, didn't you used to be able to use synthesis with LGV, and didn't healing used to scale off damage dealt rather than being set values?

Yes. They changed chloro to be a better healer by giving a new veil that acted as "tank mode" that worked with synthesis and then the original veil which became "raid heal mode". Also they apparently changed the healing based off cast time as well. It's not a difficult thing, you just use a different spam ability depending on which veil you have active (void life for tank, spores for raid) and since synthesis applies the appropriate veil you don't even need to have that on your bars.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

You don't have to use LBV with Synth up. Synth applies it but then you can just put up LGV and weapon/trinket procs that add healing to your synth target will still work while raid healing.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Last time I checked you lose the synthesis buff if the chloro goes in LGV mode.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
There was some weird event in sanctum and i got a "bug hunter" title, a blue clicky with a cool effect and two other raid members got an epic clicky to summon some architect mob every 5minutes. Now the event is gone atm. Then the "queen" spawned and we wiped(pug with low levels, mobs were all 62)+

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 21, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

FunkyFlashman posted:

There was some weird event in sanctum and i got a "bug hunter" title, a blue clicky which "lets you fly" and two other raid members got an epic clicky to summon some architect mob every 5minutes. Now the event is gone atm.

They had a short week long event to bring in 2.4, architects invading the home cities. Worked fine on the PTS, but on live it was punishing the players under level 50 with some mechanics. So they disabled it for now, will probably bring it back next week and let it run for a week. Not sure if it is going to be something level 60's want to do, but it might be nice exp for low levels.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Machai posted:

You don't have to use LBV with Synth up. Synth applies it but then you can just put up LGV and weapon/trinket procs that add healing to your synth target will still work while raid healing.

No, you do. If you synth a target LBV is automatically put up. If you put up LGV then synth and LBV will drop off. Only one veil at a time.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

So now that I've passed the certification I was working on and shunned games while I did so, its time to dig into rift. Anyone got some alts they'd want to run some experts to gear up in? Was working on getting my hit up and some intro gear before the self-imposed hiatus.

Any suggestions with the recent token changes...and what dungeons/areas I should farm? Got a guy who'll tank for me and I'll start learning Chloro healing, get some practice there.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Langolas posted:

So now that I've passed the certification I was working on and shunned games while I did so, its time to dig into rift. Anyone got some alts they'd want to run some experts to gear up in? Was working on getting my hit up and some intro gear before the self-imposed hiatus.

Any suggestions with the recent token changes...and what dungeons/areas I should farm? Got a guy who'll tank for me and I'll start learning Chloro healing, get some practice there.

If you see me (Hedonism) online I'll tank for you and ease you into it, I can be a rat bastard to healers but it's infinitely easier to heal a well geared tank through experts than a new tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

necrotic posted:

If you synth a target LBV is automatically put up.
Correct.

necrotic posted:

If you put up LGV then synth and LBV will drop off.
Incorrect. Synth stays on the target.

• Locked thread