Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bongo Bill posted:

If Gamzee dies, it means this is a doomed timeline. He survives in the alpha.
There is literally no timeline in existence where Gamzee dies.

loving clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Terezi sure is putting a lot of effort into this.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That's really a very brutal beating she's dishing out. I wonder if it's Aranea's control that's keeping him from doing anything? Like he's not received any instructions to defend himself so he just stands there and smiles while Terezi repeatedly perforates his torso.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

JT Jag posted:

loving clowns.

Indeed.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.
Terezi said, "NOW OF 4LL T1M3S YOU C4NT BR1NG YOURS3LF TO R41S3 4 H4ND TO M3?", which means Gamzee actually beat her during their hosed up relationship. No wonder she's being so aggressive now.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Obviously, Gamzee is letting Terezi do that in order to build his resistance to torso perforations, as a preparation for the day he meets Teen Caliborn. It's the trauma equivalent of mithridatism.

Martini Mice-Cream
Feb 17, 2011
I still don't understand how Gamzee is surviving all this when any other abuse like this would kill every other character(including godtiered ones).

Also, I wish we actually seen some aspect of Gamzee's and Terezi's relationship on-screen instead of it being told what happened. The off-screen relationship(be it friendship of romantic) building between multiple characters really cheapens character development for me and it also lessens any emotional impact I would have responded from this scene. That's one of the several complaints I have about Homestuck. Terezi's arc in Act 6 feels pretty...eh, which is unfortunate since I really liked her in the previous acts.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dire Wombat posted:

Terezi said, "NOW OF 4LL T1M3S YOU C4NT BR1NG YOURS3LF TO R41S3 4 H4ND TO M3?", which means Gamzee actually beat her during their hosed up relationship. No wonder she's being so aggressive now.

When one of your civilization's romantic inclinations is based on entirely hatred the notion that violence plays some part of it may not be entirely unreasonable. But, much like Dave, we don't know if that's a normal part of hate-dating or if it's one of the reasons their relationship was so toxic.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Cat Mattress posted:

Obviously, Gamzee is letting Terezi do that in order to build his resistance to torso perforations, as a preparation for the day he meets Teen Caliborn. It's the trauma equivalent of mithridatism.

Which reminds me: Have we seen Gamzee with Caliborn since Homosuck started?

WhiffleballDude posted:

When one of your civilization's romantic inclinations is based on entirely hatred the notion that violence plays some part of it may not be entirely unreasonable. But, much like Dave, we don't know if that's a normal part of hate-dating or if it's one of the reasons their relationship was so toxic.

Snowman stabbed Slick in the eye with a cigarette lance and their relationship was apparently a perfect example of the caliginous quadrant.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Martini Mice-Cream posted:

I still don't understand how Gamzee is surviving all this when any other abuse like this would kill every other character(including godtiered ones).

Its been established in the story that trolls have physical stamina much greater than humans: think of how Tavros had his legs removed by chainsaw.

But I do think that Gamzee's deathlessness is one of the bigger mysteries around Gamzee. I don't know whether its actually an important part of the story, or just a gag. I don't know if anything about Gamzee is important to the story, or whether he is just a gag character. I am not that interested in Gamzee myself, although I know some people think he is an important character.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

JT Jag posted:

loving clowns.

You know, I've been wondering about that. Do the "doomed" Gamzees just cease to exist when the timeline ends, or are there a bunch of them hiding somewhere in the alpha timeline since they are all seemingly immortal for some reason (since it's possible for characters in a doomed timeline to go to the alpha one)?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

I am not that interested in Gamzee myself, although I know some people think he is an important character.

He's a very important gag character.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

nerdbot posted:

He's a very important gag character.

I just realized that he is a gag character in two ways, now, since Aranea ordered him not to speak.
Its yet another possible pun that we don't know if Hussie intended.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Zebia posted:

You know, I've been wondering about that. Do the "doomed" Gamzees just cease to exist when the timeline ends, or are there a bunch of them hiding somewhere in the alpha timeline since they are all seemingly immortal for some reason (since it's possible for characters in a doomed timeline to go to the alpha one)?
I presume that Gamzee always is present in a universe until it gets scratched or destroyed, thus resulting in a new version of him in the scratched or newly created universe which always survives until it gets scratched or destroyed, and this cycle lasts forever, thus resulting in him never having dream bubble versions of himself.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Zebia posted:

I just assume they all go to sleep, like Rose did, and merge up all the dreamselves. All of them.

The Gamzee Gestalt.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I presume that Gamzee always is present in a universe until it gets scratched or destroyed, thus resulting in a new version of him in the scratched or newly created universe which always survives until it gets scratched or destroyed, and this cycle lasts forever, thus resulting in him never having dream bubble versions of himself.

I'm thinking he's a juju somehow.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Across all times and realities there is but one omni-Gamzee, eternal and unknowable.

I'm not joking.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
It's kinda weird how the Seer of Mind doesn't realize that Gamzee lacks control of his right now.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Mimir posted:

It's kinda weird how the Seer of Mind doesn't realize that Gamzee lacks control of his right now.

It's not really about Gamzee, IMO. Sure, she's stabbing the poo poo out of him, but her rage, I suspect, is at herself for having let herself get into such an unhealthy relationship with him in the first place. She's perforating Gamzee's chest, but what she's really upset at is the part of herself that kept coming back for more when he beat her and mocked her blindness.

I just hope she gets some kind of catharsis out of all this violence, or it may end up just another self-destructive path.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wyld Karde posted:

or it may end up just another self-destructive path.

Probably that.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Wyld Karde posted:

Don't forget The Princess Bride. Keeps getting taller is about all the reference pile does.

Next week, John briefly exits the fourth wall (again) and in a series of hilarious pratfalls accidentally stops The Princess Bride from ever being made. Divorced of its parenthood, Dirk says the thing anyway, and the reference pile actually shrinks! :monocle:

This fundamental universal law broken, the entire world eats itself. There are no survivors.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I believe when Hussie told Caliborn that Gamzee has never died in any timeline he was lying, or joking as he would put it.

Yeah, we may not have seen any dead Gamzee's in the dreambubbles, but absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. I mean there was no Meenah's in the dreambubbles until recently, just because of weird time poo poo. Doesn't mean there is any less dead alt timeline Meenahs than anyone else.

As for why he isn't dying when subject to physical violence? It can easily be explained via some as yet unseen magical plot device.
Maybe he's wearing the Ring of Life on his cock.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Pleasant Friend posted:

Maybe he's wearing the Ring of Life on his cock.

I've been mentally tiptoeing around that thought for a little while now, so thanks for bring it out into the open. I just hope Gamzee doesn't do the same.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Either way,might be related to the cod piece.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Alternatively, he might have gone god tier during the trolls' session. Which, given that Aranea is controlling the clocks, means he's definitely going to live.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Honestly, considering Gamzee's sure to survive, it's Terezi who might bite it here if Aranea let's Gamzee off the leash.

Geeze, if Jade, Dirk and Terezi were all to get killed while Dave just stands there being puzzled, maybe that'd be enough to get his reluctant hero rear end moving.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
His ex-girlfriend, one of his best friends and the real imaginary brain ghost of an alternate universe version of his bro. Heck of a personal price to pay there.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

I just assume they all go to sleep, like Rose did, and merge up all the dreamselves. All of them.

The Gamzee Gestalt.

Yes, this has been my theory. It's why he's so unknowable and probably insane. The memories of hundreds of timelines, including those where he killed everyone, are constantly bubbling up in his mind.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

pumpinglemma posted:

Alternatively, he might have gone god tier during the trolls' session. Which, given that Aranea is controlling the clocks, means he's definitely going to live.

They already explained this: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007384. There is not reason to try and figure out why he wont die, because clowns are notoriously difficult to kill for reasons that basically don't make any sense.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dolash posted:

Honestly, considering Gamzee's sure to survive, it's Terezi who might bite it here if Aranea let's Gamzee off the leash.

Geeze, if Jade, Dirk and Terezi were all to get killed while Dave just stands there being puzzled, maybe that'd be enough to get his reluctant hero rear end moving.

And then it'll turn out that this was Aranea's plan all along: goad Dave into creating an alternate timeline via time travel so she can "heal" it into being the new alpha. :argh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Who What Now posted:

It gets better, because the Royal Deringer is based on Narsil, the sword that sliced off Sauron's fingers. It's name is even a pun on this. The Royal De-Ringer!

Wait, I thought it was based on Rick Derringer, and it would allow Dave to perform an amazing cover of Rock 'n Roll Hoochie Koo. I'm so confused.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Wait, I thought it was based on Rick Derringer, and it would allow Dave to perform an amazing cover of Rock 'n Roll Hoochie Koo. I'm so confused.

Multipurpose swiss army sword. It's that awesome.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's just a motherfuckin' miracle, man.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Gamzee runs on serial killer / comic relief rules: things that would kill a normal hero or villain, they will somehow come back from.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Gamzee's going to actually die once, but then John will accidentally retcon the death.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I don't think gamzee's immortality is that unusual. I mean, he's one of lord english's servants right? doesn't lord english have a habit of cursing his staff with immortality to make sure they never leave his service? the time scales don't quite work out correctly, but since when has that ever been a problem for caliborn / lord english, the lord of time?

now watch me be proved wrong in the next few updates when we see gamzee with a DEAD tag

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Rooreelooo posted:

now watch me be proved wrong in the next few updates when we see gamzee with a DEAD tag

It'll actually be a MOSTLY DEAD tag, which is still partly alive.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Gamzee's going to get an rear end in a top hat tag with a bunch of juggalo watermarks and then he fucks off to do whatever kind of stupid poo poo it is that he always does.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Caliborn couldn't keep down the clown. I don't have any higher hopes for Terezi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

Also, I wish we actually seen some aspect of Gamzee's and Terezi's relationship on-screen instead of it being told what happened. The off-screen relationship(be it friendship of romantic) building between multiple characters really cheapens character development for me and it also lessens any emotional impact I would have responded from this scene. That's one of the several complaints I have about Homestuck. Terezi's arc in Act 6 feels pretty...eh, which is unfortunate since I really liked her in the previous acts.

Showing instead of telling is not really Homestuck's MO so much, especially concerning character relationships. Unfortunately.