Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
You know what this game needs?

I want that armor :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I keep hoping against hope that they'll make something crazy like that, even if it's just cash shop, but no. In fact, the cash shop armor is some of the fugliest stuff possible.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I'd love to join in with you guys but the Steam group is evidently useless and I have no idea how to get a hold of you otherwise. I really don't wanna run duos with pubbies. They're grindy enough as is. I've got a half-dozen characters to level thirty and each time I do a couple days of duos and then just start a new character.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not even in the Steam group. We chat in the Goonsquad custom channel and if you want to friend my characters they are Baryon Boy (hero, mostly a bank alt) and Kohra Vas (villain and main character). Oh, on USPC.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

ArchRanger posted:

I'd love to join in with you guys but the Steam group is evidently useless and I have no idea how to get a hold of you otherwise. I really don't wanna run duos with pubbies. They're grindy enough as is. I've got a half-dozen characters to level thirty and each time I do a couple days of duos and then just start a new character.

We have a Mumble and an ingame chat channel called Goonsquad. Both of those should be in the OP... might as well stick then up top.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I really want to respec and drop Recharge. I feel like taking it is just enabling bad pubbies to ignore their own power management.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

I really want to respec and drop Recharge. I feel like taking it is just enabling bad pubbies to ignore their own power management.

Without recharge, there is no power management for quite a few powersets. I literally cannot do my job as a fire tank without as much power being pumped into me as possible, ignoring the heal factor that I pretty much require. You saw how fast I dropped last night after you died, and I had a full supercharge meter for my emergency heal at that point.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

tallian posted:

Without recharge, there is no power management for quite a few powersets. I literally cannot do my job as a fire tank without as much power being pumped into me as possible, ignoring the heal factor that I pretty much require. You saw how fast I dropped last night after you died, and I had a full supercharge meter for my emergency heal at that point.

I know, this is why I'm conflicted. It just gets my back up how 'DPS' expect to have a hose plugged into their rear end 24/7 and no matter how much you pump into them it's never enough because they take it as free reign to burn HARDER. poo poo I tried a random alert and I couldn't keep the healer powered because the two DPS were sucking up everything I was dumping.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

I know, this is why I'm conflicted. It just gets my back up how 'DPS' expect to have a hose plugged into their rear end 24/7 and no matter how much you pump into them it's never enough because they take it as free reign to burn HARDER. poo poo I tried a random alert and I couldn't keep the healer powered because the two DPS were sucking up everything I was dumping.

Is recharge targeted or something? The quantum version just throws everyone some power, as long as they are in range. I just follow the healer and tanks around, and pump out power when they need it. The DPS can do without it until someone who matters needs some.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

tallian posted:

Is recharge targeted or something? The quantum version just throws everyone some power, as long as they are in range. I just follow the healer and tanks around, and pump out power when they need it. The DPS can do without it until someone who matters needs some.

They all work the same. They push X amount of power (based on your Vitalisation) to the 3 lowest-power team members within LOS. So if your Vitalization gives you a 600-point dump, and only one character needs power (you're in a duo, or maybe in an alert and 2 people are full) then it all goes to one person. If you're in an alert and all 3 other characters are not full (assuming they are all within line of sight), then each gets 200 power.

So basically in order to give the healer 200 power I had to throw 600 out there and the DPS suck up 400 of it, which instantly evaporates because they have no concept of weapon combos.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WarLocke posted:

They all work the same. They push X amount of power (based on your Vitalisation) to the 3 lowest-power team members within LOS. So if your Vitalization gives you a 600-point dump, and only one character needs power (you're in a duo, or maybe in an alert and 2 people are full) then it all goes to one person. If you're in an alert and all 3 other characters are not full (assuming they are all within line of sight), then each gets 200 power.

So basically in order to give the healer 200 power I had to throw 600 out there and the DPS suck up 400 of it, which instantly evaporates because they have no concept of weapon combos.

This of makes me glad I am not playing DPS then. I come by my power hoovering fairly :v:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

And this is why WarLocke loves me. Tank? DPS? Frugal power use and combos out the rear end, all day, erry day. :c00lbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fuzz posted:

And this is why WarLocke loves me. Tank? DPS? Frugal power use and combos out the rear end, all day, erry day. :c00lbert:

You know I do. :gay:

Which reminds me, what is the secret to the t1 Omac Base duo? Fuzz and I got to the boss room and EVERY mob in there had the green heal-nearby-dudes energy field thing. :stonk:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

WarLocke posted:

You know I do. :gay:

Which reminds me, what is the secret to the t1 Omac Base duo? Fuzz and I got to the boss room and EVERY mob in there had the green heal-nearby-dudes energy field thing. :stonk:

You need to a) beeline for the healers (OMAC Nano-somethings, I forget the name offhand) to kill them, because they'll spawn with each Wave Of Drones, and then b) if you're not going for an achievement, KILL EVERYTHING before going for the next switch. Every time you approach the next shield control, the robots spawn.

It helps to have someone with a targetable gank to pull the healer away from the bots too, if you want to divide and conquer that way. Their heal works in a short range around them and no further.

Fuzz posted:

We have a Mumble and an ingame chat channel called Goonsquad. Both of those should be in the OP... might as well stick then up top.

They are in the OP, but I am going to go move these right now because why the gently caress not.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 18, 2013

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

tallian I have no idea how you use the amount of power you do. It's like trying to fill a bottomless pit. Thankfully we generally have both me and Warlocke contributing to the PoT and the Recharge so we manage somehow.

On a positive note, I'm CR53, so just one more for t3 stuff.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

mastajake posted:

tallian I have no idea how you use the amount of power you do. It's like trying to fill a bottomless pit. Thankfully we generally have both me and Warlocke contributing to the PoT and the Recharge so we manage somehow.

On a positive note, I'm CR53, so just one more for t3 stuff.

This is why we need to go ICETANK!

Seriously, I tanked the gently caress out of Smallville last night with the entry CR gear, and it was laughably easy.

... helped that we had a pretty awesome healer, too... :ssh:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Yeah that pubbie was way overgeared. Easy as hell on the power side though, I actually got to spend some on DPS!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm going to do my damndest tomorrow to play with y'all and I'll show you what fun an overpowered healer can be on your side.

Not to mention that I randomly regain power thanks to weapon mods, so even easier on the controller.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I think I've come to the conclusion that the only PvP worth doing is Legends. I got into a 2v2 Arena (in the Batcave) in my basic cash PvP gear and the other side was most definitely not 77 PvP CR like I was. I mean I'm not the best pro clickfighter but I've played a bit of Legends, I understand the rock-paper-scissors stuff, and these guys were melting me down in 5-6 seconds anyway. I dont know if they were just in t3/t4+ gear or using Home Turf trinket poo poo or what, but if the matchmaker can't handle 2v2 I have no interest in being some kids' ready-served doorstop.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Holy motherfuck Game Update 30 you're my new lover

quote:

Broker Updates
Many improvements have been made to the Broker, including Collection item filtering and item sale details. By checking the “Usable By Me” box in the Broker UI, only Collection items that the player has not collected will be displayed. Sold item mail will now contain more detailed information including the name and stack size of the item sold.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Holy motherfuck Game Update 30 you're my new lover

Now if only they made the vault do the same thing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I want to say they mentioned that's coming at some point, but it may have only been a beautiful, beautiful dream.

edit: hey, here's a question - is there any possible way to make Fortress of Solitude 2 NOT a pile of poo poo, or am I just going to forever classify that as Kahndaq: Tier 3 Edition and avoid it at all costs?

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 18, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I got to cr40 today since apparently I could do the brainiac dailies twice (I grabbed them yesterday but didn't do them, did em today and was able to immediately get them again) that was an instant 40 marks, :clint:

e: I've been reading up about gear modding. Am I crazy to think that going Precision/Vitalization in yellow slots is a lot better choice for Controllers than pure Vitalisation? The best pure-Vit mod is +19 but a Vit/Prec is +13/+20. If you assume 6 yellow sockets across your gear you lose out on 36 Vitalization (which is probably unnoticable if your Vit is already north of 1500) but you gain 12 DPS on your white damage (which is very attractive in my case since most of my damage is construct combos).

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 20, 2013

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I managed to get to T2 CR53 yesterday, so if someone else is running T3 stuff to grind just let me know and we can get something going. Excited for new content. It's been awhile.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
They should rename Headquarters 8v8 PVP to "No, that's their goal ours is the opposite one"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

My bitch of the day: Why the hell can you only have one space in a lair name?

"4611 Port Place" is invalid. "Port Place" works. :argh:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Same applies to character names too. I tried a couple of three-name alts but it would never accept them because two spaces.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Just got my Quantum guy to 30, all 5 of his Promethean boxes had crappy poo poo in them.

Who was the rear end in a top hat that thought putting furniture in Promethean boxes was a good idea? What the gently caress.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I got burned out doing villain content. I just can't get my head into being a bad guy. Started a(nother) hero and am seriously considering going Legendary for Promethium lockboxes and that drat annoying cash cap.

Those Station Cash cards I see at Wal-Mart and junk, can you use those for a subscription?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

WarLocke posted:

Those Station Cash cards I see at Wal-Mart and junk, can you use those for a subscription?

Yup! When you redeem a code in the store it'll ask if you want to turn it into 1500 Sonybux or 30 days of Legendary.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Yup! When you redeem a code in the store it'll ask if you want to turn it into 1500 Sonybux or 30 days of Legendary.

This is confirmed since they changed being able to buy DLC with SC? Forum posts seem to imply you can ONLY sub with a credit or debit card.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
If not, they're risking a false advertising suit, the cards still say "30 days game time or 1500 credits". I would assume that that still works because why the hell would they not?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Syrg Sapphire posted:

If not, they're risking a false advertising suit, the cards still say "30 days game time or 1500 credits". I would assume that that still works because why the hell would they not?

Yeah, I have to go out for groceries anyway and a station card would be easier than buying a pre-paid debit card. Just going to be pissed it it doesn't work (It probably will).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

WarLocke posted:

I got burned out doing villain content. I just can't get my head into being a bad guy. Started a(nother) hero and am seriously considering going Legendary for Promethium lockboxes and that drat annoying cash cap.

Boooo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Because they're not DCUO Specific. They'll work for a 30 day sub to any game that accepts them as such. DCUO changed, and no longer accepts them for subs.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
One reason I slightly prefer the Hero side is in my timezone, when I actually queue for 2 or 4 mans, they pop - whereas the villain side seems pretty sparse.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

First thing I did after going Legendary was sell a stack of 16 blue bits on the market for $89,999. :monocle:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
See? I loving told you the cards still worked.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Syrg Sapphire posted:

See? I loving told you the cards still worked.

I actually had to buy a $25 pre-paid Visa gift card. Wal-Mart was out of Station Cash cards, GameStop was closed by the time I got there, and when I got to Walgreens I was just like 'gently caress this' so now I have $10.01 in plastic. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh. Well I guess that's still up in the air until the next time I grab one then.

• Locked thread