Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WYA posted:

So if I installed Duel Combat Realism and added Deadly Combat in the middle of my playthrough, are my saves going to be hosed? Are the changes it made even gone? Same goes for Warzones too because I got rid of that, tired of enjoying a serene horseride only to be interrupted by 40 dudes yelling and throwing magic around
Yeah, the save files are done for. Best off starting a new game.

Average Bear posted:

How can I get these stupid, awful SkyProc patches to work with Mod Organizer?

Install the mods through MO, then click on the Data Tab, scroll down to SkyProc Patchers, find the .jar files associated with them, right click and select "Add as Executable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So I flattened my Skyrim install completely. Deleted all save games, config files, and reinstalled from scratch, this time with Mod Organizer. It took me an hour, but I got SKSE, Wrye Bash, BOSS, ENBoost, Automatic Variants Skyproc and all my mods configured and working with ZERO issues. This app is loving amazing!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Scyantific posted:

I've played a while with the new setup. Does that mean it might not be done for? Or am I going to experience a time where I can progress because everything is hosed

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Duel Combat Realism changes practically nothing, just a few variables. If you remove it you probably won't have any problems, although it probably doesn't hurt to make a clean save. Warzones may be a bit more difficult because of just how much poo poo it adds, but it's all outside in the overworld, so if you're inside while deactivating it you're probably on the safe side. It's worth trying, at least.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Warzones is definitely script-heavy, so uninstalling that will undoubtedly ruin the save file. Immersive Patrols is better anyway.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Scyantific posted:

Warzones is definitely script-heavy, so uninstalling that will undoubtedly ruin the save file. Immersive Patrols is better anyway.

Yeah it is. So what are the effects of deactivating mods ruining saves? I had it deactivated for a while now and havnt noticed anything

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Usually save file bloat followed by an increasing amount of CTDs and freezes.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah I'm just not gonna touch anything that has to do with SkyProc. It breaks every other time I run the patchers.

Here's three mods that go together nearly perfectly. One of my biggest issues with Skyrim is how movement and combat feels too floaty.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6002/
This mod gives you first person perspective from the third person model. You can see your feet and your head bobs when you run!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33461/
This mod has people's body parts react when you hit them in combat. Punch a guy in the face, his head twists a bit. Hit a dude's shield, his shield will pull in the direction of your hit.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12615/
And this mod adds locational damage, so punching a guy in the face will not only feel satisfying, but can do special damage.

The only flaw with this setup is the first mod. Though it feels good and makes movement feel organic, it takes away your ability to aim well with melee weapons, and your bow doesn't move in first person (though you can still aim with the cross hair). If someone could mod in vertical axis body and head movement for third person, this would be my holy trinity of must have mods.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 20, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a Skyrim equivalent of the Signature Weapons mod from New Vegas?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Scyantific posted:

Usually save file bloat followed by an increasing amount of CTDs and freezes.

Okay I havnt noticed my save files really increasing that much since I uninstalled the mod, like 10 saves ago, hanvt had a CTD. I really dont want to start over. Are you saying that this is just going to creep up on me? Ughhh :(

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

WYA posted:

Okay I havnt noticed my save files really increasing that much since I uninstalled the mod, like 10 saves ago, hanvt had a CTD. I really dont want to start over. Are you saying that this is just going to creep up on me? Ughhh :(

I'm pretty sure you can clean saves with TESedit or something. Maybe it was Wrye Bash.

e:

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 20, 2013

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

For those that have removed script heavy mods and are worried about save game issues, always run this command in the console: "clearinvalidregistrations"

This was introduced in Skse a few version back and purges your save/game of any running scripts whose respective mods have been removed. It may help alleveiate future save game bloat and instability.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Twincityhacker posted:

I feel your pain. I made sure to back up my mod folder so I could remember what I installed. It's still taking me some time to resurrect my install. But I've also been using this time to trim down some of the duplications.

I keep backups of the mod folder AND a folder full of all the still-packaged mods. I've had to give my installs the scorched earth treatment way too many times to solve various issues and get everything where I want it to be, not doing that ever again.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

I keep backups of the mod folder AND a folder full of all the still-packaged mods. I've had to give my installs the scorched earth treatment way too many times to solve various issues and get everything where I want it to be, not doing that ever again.
You may also want to keep a backup of your MO profile folder.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Raygereio posted:

You may also want to keep a backup of your MO profile folder.

At this point I think I could set my inis up perfectly in my sleep

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Scyantific posted:

Are you sure? I don't believe DUEL is script heavy. I uninstalled it in favor of Deadly Combat for one of my saves and had no issue.

Though, as I recall, I did leave the script files in the directory even though the mod was disabled, maybe that had something to do with it.

chaosapiant posted:

For those that have removed script heavy mods and are worried about save game issues, always run this command in the console: "clearinvalidregistrations"

This was introduced in Skse a few version back and purges your save/game of any running scripts whose respective mods have been removed. It may help alleveiate future save game bloat and instability.
:allears:

May the script extender team continue to be a shining ray of light for the community for generations to come.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 20, 2013

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Edit: Duplicate

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
I installed MO to a different, non Program Files directory. Now it won't even give me the error message. Clicking download with NMM just seems to refresh the page.

e: Got it to at least give me the QLocalSocket Error

gently caress me, NMM doesn't work either. Skyrim does not like being modded on this computer.

Grey Elephants fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 21, 2013

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Average Bear posted:

Yeah I'm just not gonna touch anything that has to do with SkyProc. It breaks every other time I run the patchers.
I used a few mods that incorporate SkyProc and I've never had any problems. I don't use Mod Organizer though. I know everyone likes to evangelize MO around here, but even based on this thread alone it seems to cause more problems than it solves.

SkyProc is great, is what I'm saying, and it allows for mods that would otherwise be really tedious to install and even more a pita for the author to maintain. If MO is having problems with it, that's a problem with MO.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Kilroy posted:

I used a few mods that incorporate SkyProc and I've never had any problems. I don't use Mod Organizer though. I know everyone likes to evangelize MO around here, but even based on this thread alone it seems to cause more problems than it solves.

Once you take the effort to learn MO, you'll never want to use anything else again ever.

Here's a CK question: I want to make an NPC use the animation "NocturnalRisingPool_Idle05.hkx". I cannot for the goddamn life of me figure out how to make them do it. I've tried making a custom Idle Marker, I've tried linking them to the actual Nocturnal Marker (which causes them to disappear the second they activate it) and I've tried making custom AI packages. I cannot get them to do this animation.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Vasudus posted:

Once you take the effort to learn MO, you'll never want to use anything else again ever.
Nope. I know how it works, that's why I don't use it.

Kilroy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 21, 2013

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Kilroy posted:

Nope. I know how it works, that's why I don't use it.
I've used it for months as soon as I discovered it. I've only ever had two problems with it. The first being getting the uncapper to use the SPERG ini file, and secondly the 1.0.0 update with Python crashing on me.

It's made management of my mods and saves loads easier than it ever was before with NMM or back in my Oblivion days, so I'm surprised that anyone could not like it if they know how to use it.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
MO is awful, but everything else is so much worse.

Zorato
Nov 2, 2007

^ me reading your post
Mod Organizer owns, idgi?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Inverness posted:

I've used it for months as soon as I discovered it. I've only ever had two problems with it. The first being getting the uncapper to use the SPERG ini file, and secondly the 1.0.0 update with Python crashing on me.

It's made management of my mods and saves loads easier than it ever was before with NMM or back in my Oblivion days, so I'm surprised that anyone could not like it if they know how to use it.
Well prepare to be shocked: it's possible for a person to know how to use Mod Organizer and still prefer to use something else.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
btw Inverness did you see my note about Flora Respawn Fix

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Kilroy posted:

btw Inverness did you see my note about Flora Respawn Fix
Ah, I missed that originally, thanks for the help. My confusion stemmed from a misunderstanding on my part as to how the bug manifested.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Inverness posted:

How DOES one do this? It should be added to the SPERG post

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

How DOES one do this? It should be added to the SPERG post

I simply load the uncapper before SPERG so that SPERG is overwritting the proper files in the Uncapper. It's just that easy?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

I simply load the uncapper before SPERG so that SPERG is overwritting the proper files in the Uncapper. It's just that easy?
No, actually that didn't work for me (at least with 0.12.9). I had put the SPERG INI in the same folder as the Uncapper DLL for it to use it instead of the default Uncapper INI.

I've since upgraded to the latest version of Mod Organizer and haven't checked to see if that was fixed.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Inverness posted:

No, actually that didn't work for me (at least with 0.12.9). I had put the SPERG INI in the same folder as the Uncapper DLL for it to use it instead of the default Uncapper INI.

I've since upgraded to the latest version of Mod Organizer and haven't checked to see if that was fixed.

Works fine for me with the current MO. 1 perk every other even level as scheduled.

futile
May 18, 2009
DUEL and Deadly Combat probably can't simply be removed from your folder and call everything dandy. They both add scripts to the game and use quests/"cloaks" to trigger the scripts. Ideally these quests/cloaks/etc. need to be stopped/removed, game saved, then delete the mod from your installation. I believe Deadly Combat has an MCM option to do this for you.

Kilroy posted:

Come on now. You can't make sweeping judgements about how well the program is doing for people in general based on the posts you see here. It's a drat troubleshooting thread. Of course we're going to see problems. How many of us use mod organizer without issue and love it? Who knows.

In general the pro/anti MO thing comes up here way too much. Guys, it's a powerful enough and unique enough tool that it should be given a shot by anyone who heavily mods their game. Try it, use it if you like it, otherwise don't. It IS a power user tool, though. As for those claiming any long standing serious bugs or issues with the program, make sure it was reported on the Bug Tracker on the Mod Organizer page. This program was developed by a single guy. That has to be respected. He spends a lot of time and effort resolving even the most minor of bugs, as evidenced on the tracker. We also have to realize that he can't fix bugs he isn't aware of. Help him out.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it
So I haven't updated Skyrim since February missing the last big official upgrade I think. I was wondering if updating the game and updating my list of mods, adding the DLC and any additional required patches would make my current saves unplayable. I suspect it will but thought I'd ask as it's a relatively small list of mods.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
ASAP.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul.esp
DynamicMerchants.esp
Rayg_ShutUpMirmulnir.esp
SkyUI.esp
Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Weapons and Armor Fixes - Hacks.esp
Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What are some good completionist mods that just lets you know what you have left to do in terms of quests and unique items/dungeon events and where to start doing them?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

duggimon posted:

So I haven't updated Skyrim since February missing the last big official upgrade I think. I was wondering if updating the game and updating my list of mods, adding the DLC and any additional required patches would make my current saves unplayable. I suspect it will but thought I'd ask as it's a relatively small list of mods.
You should be pretty much okay actually. The DLC, patches and unofficial patches can be installed in ongoing games just fine. Mods can cause problems if an update leaves orphaned script registrations floating around, but even that can be fixed with the clearinvalidregistrations command from SKSE.

But to be save you could still start a new game. If you do, I'd get rid of UFO and check the OP for an alternative.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
What's a good way to increase the amount of dragon encounters and/or make them more interesting? I just realized that I've been playing for a few hours again but haven't actually seen a random dragon since the watchtower quest. I'm not really looking for anything to make them HARDCORE DIFFUCULT!!!, just a few more of them. I'd try ASIS, but I'm not sure how nice it'll play with all the mods I'm running.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

What's a good way to increase the amount of dragon encounters and/or make them more interesting? I just realized that I've been playing for a few hours again but haven't actually seen a random dragon since the watchtower quest.
A basic edit just to get dragons more often is to set the global WiWaitDragon to a lower value via the console. By default it's value is 3, which translates to a minimum of 3 days between dragaon encounters.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 21, 2013

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3829/ Deadly Dragons is probably what you're looking for. I haven't used it since it got updated to use SkyUI's MCM menu, but the different customization options should let you increase the spawn timer and keep the difficulty manageable.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Raygereio posted:

A basic edit just to get dragons more often is to set the global WiWaitDragon to a lower value via the console. By default it's value is 3, which translates to a minimum of 3 days between dragaon encounters.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3829/ Deadly Dragons is probably what you're looking for. I haven't used it since it got updated to use SkyUI's MCM menu, but the different customization options should let you increase the spawn timer and keep the difficulty manageable.
Thanks, I guess I'll try both of this, then. Does Deadly Dragons still come with all that extraneous stuff like dragon livers? The last time I checked it was supposedly really bloaty and buggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There's actually a mod on the Workshop called Most Dragons that does this.

• Locked thread