Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

"Having bar stools in your home theater room is harrible"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So my daughter left for College on the west coast as soon as high school was over. Why should I care if she never calls or sends me a card for Father's day?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

haljordan posted:

Wow, Dominic Barbara's life has hit the skids. He gets arrested back in December for trying to extort $200,000 out of one of his 50 ex-wives and then he tries to steal a purse or some poo poo?

http://nypost.com/2013/03/16/disgraced-divorce-lawyer-dominic-barbara-busted-for-stealing-womans-purse-police/

I think the guy brings the show to a screeching halt every time he calls in but drat. I have to imagine his law license has been pulled at this point.

The only two good things about Dominic are his "Mayday" call, and when Fred does that impression of him where he just gargles.

AxeManiac posted:

It is aggressively bad. Like, I hate tosh normally, but this is just unwatchable poo poo. I don't know what insane powers this man has to get it brought back for a second season, but I guess the kids really like a naked guy saying stuff over youtube clips.

Maybe they are just doing it as a favor to Tosh? Isn't his youtube clipshow Comedy Central's highest rated program now?

On the topic of bad Howard opinions: when he and Robin get going on anything health or medicine related I have to fast forward or risk crashing my car into a ditch. "Back pain is a myth, read this book by noted quack Dr. Sarno"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

an adult beverage posted:

Maybe they are just doing it as a favor to Tosh? Isn't his youtube clipshow Comedy Central's highest rated program now?

I'm so glad Ridiculous on MTV with Rob Dyrdek is doing well. He does a clip show, but he isn't a massive twat. He seems like a cool guy to hang out with and knows the clips are the star of the show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AxeManiac posted:

I'm so glad Ridiculous on MTV with Rob Dyrdek is doing well. He does a clip show, but he isn't a massive twat. He seems like a cool guy to hang out with and knows the clips are the star of the show.

Yeah I watch that show from time to time and that's a good way of describing it. Dyrdek seems to realize "Hey, I'm getting paid a nice amount of money to basically hang with my friends and watch idiots eat it on skateboards!"

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Brocktoon posted:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some watermelon = "Wow! That's a lot of food" - Howard Stern

Any way we can come up with a list of Howard's dumb opinions, like "Who wants to eat while they're watching a football game?" and "Why do you need to have your favorite beer at your wedding?"

"I don't like blowjobs anymore because Beth finds it humiliating"

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Howard is such a tool. Has anyone managed to find that clip of Stamos trying to bro talk Howard into not marrying the obvious star fucker shortly after their engagement was announced?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some watermelon = "Wow! That's a lot of food" - Howard Stern

Any way we can come up with a list of Howard's dumb opinions, like "Who wants to eat while they're watching a football game?" and "Why do you need to have your favorite beer at your wedding?"

I think I figured out why this bothers me so much. I have to imagine that Howard and Beth's wedding cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more money than Richard's wedding. Therefore, Howard and Beth probably got to choose every last little tiny detail of their entire day. Richard still had a lovely (and far less expensive) wedding, I'm sure, and made like, the simplest of all requests: Hey, put a few bottles of this beer behind the bar. Why would a bartender give a gently caress about that? "Oh no, I have to open this beer and hand it to the groom! This is so far beyond what I am reasonably expected to do as a bartender!"

haljordan fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 18, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

haljordan posted:

I think I figured out why this bothers me so much. I have to imagine that Howard and Beth's wedding cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more money than Richard's wedding. Therefore, Howard and Beth probably got to choose every last little tiny detail of their entire day. Richard still had a lovely (and far less expensive) wedding, I'm sure, and made like, the simplest of all requests: Hey, put a few bottles of this beer behind the bar. Why would a bartender give a gently caress about that? "Oh no, I have to open this beer and hand it to the groom! This is so far beyond what I am reasonably expected to do as a bartender!"

Don't you understand? No one should make special requests, ever, don't rock the boat. Feh, who are you the King of England? Just take what you are given and don't be such a trouble maker. The only people that can ever dare make special requests are rich and since Richard is a filthy poor he has to make due forever. How dare he be happy. How can he be happy he's not rich, he's not smart, he's not famous? How can he enjoy life and be happy and I can't? Is that fair?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

But then Howard can do an amazing rant on Paris Hilton's vomit-y song and I fall back in love with him all over again.
Although, those moments are getting farther and farther part I think.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

haljordan posted:

Man, you can get away with a lot of poo poo as a lawyer but loving around with finances is almost always guaranteed to get you nailed.

I've been reading bad reviews of Dominic's law practice for probably ten years now and I'm surprised it took this long for the bar association to do something. He was notorious for double-billing his clients, or billing them for time he never actually worked, and then dodging their phone calls when they tried to complain. The guy is a living stereotype of lawyer scum.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

AxeManiac posted:

This is the last post I'll make on this because this is borderline derail, but since you brought it up; I actually couldn't have more of a different opinion. I've watched both tosh.0 and Ridiculousness, and I find the latter insufferable. Rob's comments all seem to range from mocking the victim of the video in a silly voice, to laughing so hard he falls down. At least Tosh's standup is excellent, and a lot of his comments on the show feel like jokes he would tell on stage, I'm inclined to believe he writes them himself. I don't think I've ever laughed at Ridiculousness.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Hahaha, maaaaaaaaaan Beth is a smooth operator to pull that off. Not that I ever actually believed she loved Howard, but still, to get him to put up with that is impressive.

Its amazing to realize that I get blown more than an infamous gazillionaire whose had women throw themselves at him for 25 years.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Advice posted:

This is the last post I'll make on this because this is borderline derail, but since you brought it up; I actually couldn't have more of a different opinion. I've watched both tosh.0 and Ridiculousness, and I find the latter insufferable. Rob's comments all seem to range from mocking the victim of the video in a silly voice, to laughing so hard he falls down. At least Tosh's standup is excellent, and a lot of his comments on the show feel like jokes he would tell on stage, I'm inclined to believe he writes them himself. I don't think I've ever laughed at Ridiculousness.

Are you telling me you don't enjoy the biting, clever video commentary from "Chanel West Coast"?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

GenoCanSing posted:

Hahaha, maaaaaaaaaan Beth is a smooth operator to pull that off. Not that I ever actually believed she loved Howard, but still, to get him to put up with that is impressive.

Its amazing to realize that I get blown more than an infamous gazillionaire whose had women throw themselves at him for 25 years.

I'm pretty sure that he mentioned a few times that Beth isn't really into close physical contact or foreplay or something along those lines.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, I don't think that they even cuddle very much, which is even more disturbing to me.

I cannot defend his work in any way, but I've always had a soft spot for Yucko. His cartoon might suck, but at least he is getting paid, so good for him. Dominic, on the other hand, can go eat poo poo. I've always hated him, and he is such an obvious star-loving mental case that I'm shocked that Howard ever actually hung out with him.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

He actually said that? That's pretty sad.

How about "I keep my condoms locked up in a safe"

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

I'm pretty sure that he mentioned a few times that Beth isn't really into close physical contact or foreplay or something along those lines.

Beth doesn't like to have sex for a very long time when they do have sex. If it lasts three minutes, that's fine by her!

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

He actually said that? That's pretty sad.

How about "I keep my condoms locked up in a safe"

Perfectly reasonable if your wife is a money grubbing gold-digger. However based on what everyone on the show says repeatedly Beth is basically the greatest sweetest person on earth I don't see why Howard would need to do it.

I've been listening to old shows and the best part is that America's got talent didn't even exist at the time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Former Human posted:

I've been reading bad reviews of Dominic's law practice for probably ten years now and I'm surprised it took this long for the bar association to do something. He was notorious for double-billing his clients, or billing them for time he never actually worked, and then dodging their phone calls when they tried to complain. The guy is a living stereotype of lawyer scum.

I used to hate whenever any sort of legal topic or question came up, because you know it meant a call from that mouthbreathing tub of poo poo. It's like "Hey guys, I know you're on a roll making jokes and whatnot, but let me gently caress up the pacing of the show by giving you (lovely) legal information about some offhanded comment Howard made an hour ago!"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
MAYDAY MAYDAY! ON FIYAH! I'M ON FIYAH!

STEAK FOR TWO FOR ONE!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yes or not? Yes Or Not? YES OR NOT? YES OR NOT!?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
On the September 9th show: "Hobbies are the stupidest thing! You know what my hobby is? Work!"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sand Monster posted:

Beth doesn't like to have sex for a very long time when they do have sex. If it lasts three minutes, that's fine by her!

When I first heard Howard say this I felt so bad for him. There's absolutely no way that's even remotely true.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

musclecoder posted:

On the September 9th show: "Hobbies are the stupidest thing! You know what my hobby is? Work!"

What a miserable rear end in a top hat. Also, photography doesn't count as a hobby? What about chess? And Stern might have a busy schedule, but I don't wanna hear any loving whining considering he is getting paid millions and millions of dollars to sit in a chair and basically say "Yeah, sure you got talent."

edit: Is his AGT salary really $20 million?! I didn't think it was that high.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 18, 2013

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
No matter how big Gary's ego gets, I always remember when Howard made him to go to his apartment and make sure that there were no tissues on the nightstand from Howard's jack-off fest. Why did he send Gary? Because he didn't want the maid to have to remove them.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

musclecoder posted:

Most people only do their hobby a couple of times a week so he's technically right

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Richard ribbing JD about his spoons on the wrap up show was hysterical. I love that guy so much, it is pretty odd that Howard and Robin aren't self-aware of the fact that he's insanely lovable and spend 15 minutes relishing the fact that he's being denied something he'd love.

It is pretty funny that he caved 15 minutes into the bit and they're holding him to getting schmeared by Sal's cock ricotta, though.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

What a miserable rear end in a top hat. Also, photography doesn't count as a hobby? What about chess? And Stern might have a busy schedule, but I don't wanna hear any loving whining considering he is getting paid millions and millions of dollars to sit in a chair and basically say "Yeah, sure you got talent."

Ummn, he is a professional photographer. Didn't you see the Northshore Animal calendar?

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

Richard ribbing JD about his spoons on the wrap up show was hysterical. I love that guy so much, it is pretty odd that Howard and Robin aren't self-aware of the fact that he's insanely lovable and spend 15 minutes relishing the fact that he's being denied something he'd love.

It is pretty funny that he caved 15 minutes into the bit and they're holding him to getting schmeared by Sal's cock ricotta, though.

I don't care where Richard ends up post-Stern, I'll be supporting him. Hell, I would buy his tradio/prank calls on mp3 $1 apiece, zero questions asked. Everything about him and his personality and humor make me smile. Just him saying a long exaggerated "HIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiii!" as Rusty or Ethel or whoever just gets me.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
You can hear his smile when he speaks. He's a beacon of light upon this dark earth. He's my faaaavorite.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Richard's prank calls are pretty much the only reason why I listen to Stern in the first place. They're so goddamn hilarious in every way, especially the tradio and the public access calls. (Mainly the ones with Russel Ackaway and Jonah Falcon.)

Robin Quivers says a lot of stupid things but I don't think anything could top the time when she said that the church tortured Galileo for discovering electricity. I think she might be almost as dumb as Sal.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Celery Face posted:

Robin Quivers says a lot of stupid things but I don't think anything could top the time when she said that the church tortured Galileo for discovering electricity. I think she might be almost as dumb as Sal.

Or the time she thought there were anti-gravity machines being used to train skydivers or astronauts or something. Nobody called her on it, as usual.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

haljordan posted:

When he said it, it was in a joking kind of way. Yes, he has very strong work ethic, but he said what he said to be funny.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
Oh my God Mel B is such a bitch. Does she talk poo poo about every act on AGT or is she at least professional on that show and act like not a bitch?

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.

Celery Face posted:

She corrected herself like 20 seconds later.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Reminder that given millions of dollars Beth chose this as her wedding dress.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
She's doing the goddamn bent-knee thing under there, isn't she??

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

jimma posted:

She's doing the goddamn bent-knee thing under there, isn't she??

I've never understood why people get so (ahem) bent out of shape over that... she is really tall, and she knows her model poses. Why attack her for posing for a picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
It's not the pose itself, it's that she seems to do it in every candid photo. I have someone like this on my Facebook friends list -- in every photo of herself that she posts, she has the exact same smile, head at the same angle, etc. It's ... eerie.