Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Went to sleep thinking I'm gonna be real smart and afford All the poo poo in the morning. Bought Large Macaron Collider and nothing's been happening since. Nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Try clicking on the cookie.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Great cookie furnaces burn in the heavens, producing cookies beyond reckoning. The great furnace cannot burn forever. It collapses in on itself showering the cosmos with cookie crumbs. Over long ages the crumbs come together creating new cookies furnaces and new worlds. We are crumbs.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Insufficient cookies for a meaningful answer.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Insufficient cookies for a meaningful answer.

No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I just reset for a third time, giving me ~110 prestige worldwides. I just got a quadrillion cookies for the achievement. I'm stopping now before the next update, which will eat me alive help me better serve Grandma. I'll let all of you know what its like on the outside.

Its awful, there aren't enough cookies.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
I eat every cookie.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I just bought my final cookie upgrade and the only thing I have left is the kitten overseer......and the 100 condensers.

I'm guessing I should reset before I start tackling 100 condensers?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tarranon posted:

I just bought my final cookie upgrade and the only thing I have left is the kitten overseer......and the 100 condensers.

I'm guessing I should reset before I start tackling 100 condensers?

I got 'em before resetting but it took me a long time. I think the better choice would be to reset as long as you have at least a hundred chips.

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"
Base CPS: 120.688 billion
Frenzy CPS: 844.816 billion
Bank: 10.138 quadrillion
Frenzy + Lucky Reward: 1.014 quadrillion
Heavenly Chips: 700

Has anyone else noticed the way the milestones in this game shift the farther ahead you get? A few people have mentioned this partially. Here's how I see it:
  • First million/billion/trillion cookies baked.
  • 25/50/100/200 buildings built.
  • All upgrades purchased.
  • 1/10/100 billion base CPS.
  • 100/500/1000 heavenly chips.
It's actually pretty ingenious, and I guess this is somewhat the way "progression" works in an MMORPG or other grinding-based game? I'm thinking now that, for where I'm at, each +100 heavenly chips might take me about as long as it took to get to my first trillion cookies baked. So each milestone in the hierarchy takes as long to reach as the last, except the numbers are an order of magnitude greater.

At 100 billion CPS I'm just back to where I started, buying my first cursor: the cookies increment .1 per second, except it's .1 trillion per second this time around. Cookie clicker is a dissertation on the psychological power of orders of magnitude.

deptstoremook fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 20, 2013

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I haven't clicked the cookie in 2 weeks. Any developments?

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I think the other deal with Get Lucky is that for a while, as you ramp up to max Lucky! lump sum level, frenzies will be worth more than Lucky! GCs. A frenzy is worth 77x7xCPS, while a Lucky! is .10xBank up to a cap, so there is a time when frenzies are worth more than Lucky!. And Get Lucky gives you frenzies that are twice as good so they help you max out Lucky! faster and also stay relevant longer. If my cell-phone calculations are correct, right now a frenzy gives me ~4.7 T and a Lucky!, maxed out, gives me 5.7 T, so they are comparable even when you have enough bank to max Lucky!. Without Get Lucky, I would get half the frenzy income, ~2.3 T, so Get Lucky makes frenzies more useful when you have maxed out Lucky!. Not sure how it interacts with red cookies, though. And of course click frenzies get a boost too.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

AnonSpore posted:

I got 'em before resetting but it took me a long time. I think the better choice would be to reset as long as you have at least a hundred chips.

I ended up resetting twice before I got the 100 condensers; probably want your first reset to even be before kitten overseers. Ultimately you want to watch how fast you are accumulating heavenly chips and use that practically exclusively as a means of determining when to reset. Though the math and the metric used for that are fuzzy at best.

If you really want to spreadsheet it out, with all achievements and kittens, each heavenly chip is an 11.14% increase in the multiplier; which I guess you then compare how much the new multiplier will affect heavenly chip gain and adjust for approximate build-up time or something. If you don't want to do the math (which is going to be by far the most complex math in relation to this game), then whenever you feel like its taking a long time between upgrades, achievements, or heavenly chips, then go ahead and reset.

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"
Oh, another selection from a great work of Western Literature:

quote:

Chapter 94: A Squeeze of the Hand A Click of the Cookie
Click! click! click! all the morning long; I clicked that cookie till I myself almost melted into it; I clicked that cookie till a strange sort of insanity came over me; and I found myself unwittingly clicking my co-laborers’ cookies in it, mistaking their cookies for the gentle globules. Such an abounding, affectionate, friendly, loving feeling did this avocation beget; that at last I was continually clicking their hands, and looking up into their eyes sentimentally; as much as to say,- Oh! my dear fellow beings, why should we longer cherish any social acerbities, or know the slightest ill-humor or envy! Come; let us click cookies all round; nay, let us all click ourselves into each other; let us click ourselves universally into the very milk and cookies of kindness.

--Herman Melville, Moby Click; or, the Cookie

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Also, potential bug: I think each buy of the pact, or whatever the temporary grandma-blocker is, counts as an upgrade for the achievements. Because I was buying those and I got the 100 upgrades achievement with like 88 upgrades actually bought.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Also, potential bug: I think each buy of the pact, or whatever the temporary grandma-blocker is, counts as an upgrade for the achievements. Because I was buying those and I got the 100 upgrades achievement with like 88 upgrades actually bought.

Not to mention if 6 Billion cookies is pocket change for you, you can repeatedly buy the covenant, revoke it and then buy a Pledge immediately afterward until you get the Pledge extension upgrade.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Man, getting a clicking frenzy during a regular frenzy is just the sweetest thing ever.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I can corroborate this, Elder Pledge counts as an upgrade each time you buy it.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, I didn't account for the chance of more combos when buying Get Lucky, but that's another big (but rare) bonus. I mean by the time you are at that point buildings are probably getting real expensive anyway, so you really don't lose out on a whole lot by keeping the Lucky! maxed out, if not the Lucky!/Frenzy combo.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Yeah, I didn't account for the chance of more combos when buying Get Lucky, but that's another big (but rare) bonus. I mean by the time you are at that point buildings are probably getting real expensive anyway, so you really don't lose out on a whole lot by keeping the Lucky! maxed out, if not the Lucky!/Frenzy combo.

Uhhh, Frenzy + Lucky is really not all that rare. Roughly a 44% chance of occurring every 7 minutes (or maybe 5 minutes). The standard strategy late game is to keep enough banked (23.3 hours worth of production) for a max Frenzy + Lucky. Each Frenzy by itself is ~15 min of production, Lucky is 20 min of production, and Frenzy + Lucky is 2.33 hours of production. The rare combo is frenzy + clicking frenzy which as many posters have attested to is where the absurd gains come in as with ~10 clicks a second it will end up over 15 hours worth of production and even though its rare, its effect is so strong that it still ends up being a very significant source of income late game.

EDIT: VV That was I said...

EDIT2: accidentally doubled the Frenzy + Clicking Frenzy production

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 20, 2013

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Reverend Dr posted:

Uhhh, Frenzy + Lucky is really not all that rare. Roughly a 44% chance of occurring every 7 minutes (or maybe 5 minutes). The standard strategy late game is to keep enough banked (23.3 hours worth of production) for a max Frenzy + Lucky. Each Frenzy by itself is ~15 min of production, Lucky is 20 min of production, and Frenzy + Lucky is 2.33 hours of production. The rare combo is frenzy + clicking frenzy which as many posters have attested to is where the absurd gains come in as with ~10 clicks a second it will end up over 30 hours worth of production and even though its rare, its effect is so strong that it still ends up being a very significant source of income late game.

Frenzy + Lucky isn't rare. Frenzy + Click Frenzy is.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Cookie clicker is not a game. Cookie clicker is a lifestyle.

Long live the new flesh.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
When is it worth resetting for prestige? I've baked 277 trillion so far and I'm only baking 1 billion cps. My rate just isn't increasing fast enough.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I like clicking the cookie alright, but wouldn't it be much more fun if we could click some nice healthy kale?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I am FREE!

IE lagged out over night and I hard reset my PC and I haven't loaded Cookie Clicker back up at all.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

SlayVus posted:

I am FREE!

IE lagged out over night and I hard reset my PC and I haven't loaded Cookie Clicker back up at all.

Congratulations! Have a cookie to celebrate!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This game works (poorly) on my phone :stare:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

So how am I doing for a no click reset after two days?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Kp posted:

I don't know if anybody has seen this yet but somebody in Japan has made a grandma figure.

They show it off in this broadcast here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38998435 (Skip to 1:41:00 to get to the grandma).

I have never bought a figure of anything in my life but I would legit shamelessly buy this.

goethe gear xx
Sep 17, 2004

faustoo

DarkSol posted:

So how am I doing for a no click reset after two days?

You didn't click on the cookie once? What a scrub!!

edit click on the cookie man do it

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Today like 10 times I've gotten excited to see a golden cookie pop up during a frenzy only to find it's just another frenzy. On the plus side, I've gotten 2 frenzy + clicking frenzy combos today. I'm back to the same CPS I had a few days ago before reset.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Damnit. I had over 900T banked, but was saving up to have some frenzy+lucky bank before buying the final kittens. I got a Frenzy+Clicking Frenzy and instead of immediately buying the kittens for the frenzy, I just clicked the cookie. I lost over 700T cookies.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I made cookies with fellow cookie enthusiast and goon Precambrian.

Our cookies are popular in the neighborhood.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Gils posted:

I made cookies with fellow cookie enthusiast and goon Precambrian.

Our cookies are popular in the neighborhood.

achievement unlocked

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

e: dumb post, figured it out

So generally what's the recommended point for the first reset? After getting all the achievements?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

KazigluBey posted:

e: dumb post, figured it out

So generally what's the recommended point for the first reset? After getting all the achievements?

I've been resetting when the time for new upgrades starts being measured in multiple hours, and new buildings barely influence production at all.

This is typically when the only upgrades left are the 15% increasers that cost 100 Trillion apiece.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder if there has been a noticeable spike in cookie sales since the release of this game.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

SourceElement posted:

I've been resetting when the time for new upgrades starts being measured in multiple hours, and new buildings barely influence production at all.

This is typically when the only upgrades left are the 15% increasers that cost 100 Trillion apiece.

This seems like a bad idea, it quickly becomes a very small gain (in chips) for much more work. If I were doing it now, I'd reset after my 100th Time Machine because that puts you at ~1 Quadrillion which nets a fair number of chips.

Or whenever you run out of patience. Which if you're not using a golden cookie clicker is probably pretty quickly. Really, the grind in the game is getting to your Frenzy+Lucky number. Once you're there, the trillions you're getting will rack up the chips if you haven't reset yet.

e: VV that's basically what I did. I reset before Chips, then reset when I got to 100, 225, and 450Quad. I'll probably stay on this one till dungeons, though.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 21, 2013

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Chakan posted:

This seems like a bad idea, it quickly becomes a very small gain (in chips) for much more work. If I were doing it now, I'd reset after my 100th Time Machine because that puts you at ~1 Quadrillion which nets a fair number of chips.

Or whenever you run out of patience. Which if you're not using a golden cookie clicker is probably pretty quickly. Really, the grind in the game is getting to your Frenzy+Lucky number. Once you're there, the trillions you're getting will rack up the chips if you haven't reset yet.

I'm just waiting for my heavenly chips to double, then I'll reset again... I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I seem to be in some sort of cookie rut. I got up to 30mcps pretty easily, but it's been a slow slow slow grind to get up past 40m. Without newer, exponentially better buildings to get, my cookie increase and plummeted. I've 216% chocolate milk, 100+ cursors and grandmas, 50 of everything else except Time Machines and AM Condensers, and every upgrade that costs less than 40b. I'm roughly guestimating the math, and the Time Machines and AM Condensers seem to be the best increase for the money right now, eventually that next upgrade will, but it just seem like such slow going now compared to the first several hours of the game. If this is what the rest of the game is like, I can't see how people have the patience to get up to 1bcps+

• Locked thread