Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Checked the twitter feed just now and noticed Wil Wheaton started following the WTNV twitter in the last couple of days. If Wil Wheaton is a fan, all of the Internet is gonna be aware of WTNV soon. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
poo poo, incoming Trekkies. Or, even worse, BTVS fans. Goddammit.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
https://twitter.com/wilw/status/378551318513598464

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Is steve carlsburg coming back soon?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Agentdark posted:

I hope not. He's awful.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

maxnmona posted:

Added a late show in San Francisco: http://nvbooksmithlate.brownpapertickets.com

On sale tomorrow at noon.

I was too slow! :( Congrats on selling out both shows!

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

Agentdark posted:

Ugh. Why would you want him to?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Pigbog posted:

His scones are pretty good.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Agentdark posted:

Go back to Desert Bluffs where you belong. :colbert:

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
But Desert Bluff is the worst.....:(

I just like seeing Steve Carlsburg suffer.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

iostream.h posted:

And you really think that's enough to make him tolerable?

Maybe if we locked him in a soundproof, opaque box and only gave him the materials to make scones with...

PizzaThief
Sep 22, 2006

Traveling through time AND space?

Feeble posted:

And you really think that's enough to make him tolerable?

Maybe if we locked him in a soundproof, opaque box and only gave him the materials to make scones with...

The Angels have the Shame Box. They brought it to Old Woman Josies' to hold all the old light bulbs they changed.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

To remind yourself how fleeting and unworthy of existence this planet is, I suggest you leverage this recognition into appearances at sci-fi conventions around the country. I counted close to a dozen Night Vale t-shirts at Dragon*con at the beginning of this month. Don't actually do this.

e: do you see the show having more than one or two guest voice actors in a given episode at some point in the future? A full on Night Vale ensemble? Dana and the Old Woman almost steal the show from Cecil, which is saying something.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 20, 2013

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pigbog posted:

Steve Carlsberg can hear both the Night Vale and Desert Bluffs radio shows. Can you imagine how riled up Cecil would get if Steve Carlsberg sent him an email* comparing him unfavorably to Kevin? He might explode.

In conclusion, I vote for Kevin as "guest voice that I would like to come back".

*I misspelled this as "emaul" at first, which actually seems fairly appropriate.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

DeusExMachinima posted:

To remind yourself how fleeting and unworthy of existence this planet is, I suggest you leverage this recognition into appearances at sci-fi conventions around the country. I counted close to a dozen Night Vale t-shirts at Dragon*con at the beginning of this month. Don't actually do this.

e: do you see the show having more than one or two guest voice actors in a given episode at some point in the future? A full on Night Vale ensemble? Dana and the Old Woman almost steal the show from Cecil, which is saying something.

The live show in Brooklyn will have 8 guest voices.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maxnmona posted:

That's the one you mentioned that's a mayoral election debate, right?

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

iostream.h posted:

How can he make tasty scones if he can't even care for a tan corolla?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I am not at all a fan of tentacle-Cecil but this fanart is really gorgeous and amazing.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

maxnmona posted:

So is this something that we will be able to watch or listen to online later?

Gotcha
VVVVV

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 21, 2013

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

So is this something that we will be able to watch or listen to online later?

It's going to be an episode, it's just being performed and recorded live, iirc.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Dickeye posted:

It's going to be an episode, it's just being performed and recorded live, iirc.

It may not be released as a regular episode. It will be released somehow. We're figuring it out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

maxnmona posted:

It may not be released as a regular episode. It will be released somehow. We're figuring it out.

I would pay good money to hear this, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I would pay good money to hear this, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling.

I probably wouldn't. When's the last time you payed for a podcast?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tres Burritos posted:

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Tres Burritos posted:

About a week ago, for season 2 of the Leviathan Chronicles.
Incidentally I don't enjoy that series nearly as much as WtNV.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

iostream.h posted:

About a week ago, for season 2 of the Leviathan Chronicles.
Incidentally I don't enjoy that series nearly as much as WtNV.

Seriously? Wouldn't they just be called audiobooks if you had to pay for them?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Tres Burritos posted:

Seriously? Wouldn't they just be called audiobooks if you had to pay for them?
Eh, I could have waited for them to drop week by week (or whatever the schedule is supposed to be) but there was like a 2 year wait since season 1 and I wanted to support the series and encourage the creator to do a third season. I didn't HAVE to pay for them, I wanted to because I felt it was worth it, just like WtNV.

I wouldn't be happy if there was a REQUIRED purchase, no. For some reason (and any psychologists/sociologists feel free to chime in) I feel a little more charitable and giving when it's left up to me than if I feel coerced. I'm absolutely grateful that the WtNV guys provide the programming for free and then offer myriad ways we can voluntarily show our support without our feeling obligated.

Anyway, you're probated so please don't feel like I'm attacking you while you can't respond and hopefully this isn't some sort of derail.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Tres Burritos posted:

When's the last time you payed for a podcast?

Hmm yes as a matter of fact I've never paid for a podcast but-- well, when's the last time a podcast wasn't some dumbasses yakking about their comedy careers? First time for everything.

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
For a good quality video of the performance maybe with some other little backstage dvd extra style features, yeah, i'd pay some money. For a camcorder recording from the audience, no, probably not.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Camcorder? Do those even still exist? I'd go with "cameraphone recording in portrait mode" as my lovely video standard these days.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Actually people probably would pay money if it were filmed with an early 90's camcorder that had a nice fuzzy blur, weird artifacting, mechanical camera noises, and all that poo poo because people are all about that now.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Hmm yes as a matter of fact I've never paid for a podcast but-- well, when's the last time a podcast wasn't some dumbasses yakking about their comedy careers? First time for everything.

The last time is Atoms, Motion, and the Void, which I've been wanting to recommend to anyone who loves Welcome to Night Vale for a while. Its hard to describe, but mainly its a man named Sherwin Sleeves telling unusual stories about his life, and its genuinely beautiful and funny and strange. My favorite episode is 6, The Pennbennies. If you start on episode 1 and are having a hard time getting into it, I generally recommend to start on episode 3 (though episode 2 has the Bowl-a-Mat which I think is brilliant), since that's when it really finds its voice, so to speak. I can't say enough nice things about it, if you like odd short stories and Tom Waits-like voices then please check it out. The best time to listen is late at night, which is why it reminds me a bit of Welcome to Night Vale.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Wow, there sure are a lot of teenage girls dressing up like Cecil in front of their computers and guilting their tannest female friends into making out with them.

Though really I shouldn't joke, because had the internet been what it is now when I was thirteen I would have been dressing up like Lucas Wolenczak from seaQuest for a webcam.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Did the whole "third eye wonky tattoos" thing I'm seeing on all the Cecil fanart actually come from somewhere or is it just a case of spontaneous internet consensus?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Phylodox posted:

Did the whole "third eye wonky tattoos" thing I'm seeing on all the Cecil fanart actually come from somewhere or is it just a case of spontaneous internet consensus?

Someone on tumblr did it and everyone ran with it.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

dj_clawson posted:

Wow, there sure are a lot of teenage girls dressing up like Cecil in front of their computers and guilting their tannest female friends into making out with them.

Though really I shouldn't joke, because had the internet been what it is now when I was thirteen I would have been dressing up like Lucas Wolenczak from seaQuest for a webcam.

That's horrible and you shouldn't admit to such a thing.

I would have been dressed as Wesley Crusher.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Earwicker posted:

Actually people probably would pay money if it were filmed with an early 90's camcorder that had a nice fuzzy blur, weird artifacting, mechanical camera noises, and all that poo poo because people are all about that now.

Word. If you're shooting video on anything other than audiotape you just don't get it.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Annakie posted:

Loved the new episode. :) Is it too much to hope that the army is marching towards Desert Bluffs and their not-so-awesome god?

I was kind of expecting for Cecil to saying something about the army going to Desert Bluffs, with a bit of glee that the army would be interrupting their basket ball practice.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Mike Rugnetta of MemeFactory and Idea Channel gave a talk today at XOXOFestival about the internet, fandom, and community.

Welcome to Night Vale was a major example in the talk, he included a whole ton of fan art and references to the Dog Park (do not think about the Dog Park).

I met him at the conference's after-party and mentioned that he was going to get everyone in trouble with the Sheriff's Secret Police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

Mike Rugnetta of MemeFactory and Idea Channel gave a talk today at XOXOFestival about the internet, fandom, and community.

Welcome to Night Vale was a major example in the talk, he included a whole ton of fan art and references to the Dog Park (do not think about the Dog Park).

I met him at the conference's after-party and mentioned that he was going to get everyone in trouble with the Sheriff's Secret Police.

Mike did the sound design for one of Jeffrey's shows in a New York a few years ago. Apparently he just filmed a PBS Idea Channel thing about us, but it's not out yet.

What is out: Kate Leth of Kate or Die designed us Scout Rank emblems and they are awesome http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TO&Category_Code=CPB