Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Speaking of clothes, the finalists for the costume art competition are up on the official forums (here and here). There's a male one with a dressing gown, which would go perfectly with the fuzzy slippers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Zephonith posted:

Speaking of clothes, the finalists for the costume art competition are up on the official forums (here and here). There's a male one with a dressing gown, which would go perfectly with the fuzzy slippers.

I hope everyone can see the pure value of the Easy Living male outfit. That one has my vote. The female outfits are all trash, unless that midnight one has an animated fabric that sparkles and fucks peoples frame rates to hell.

Edit: Of course the lovely rear end Camden High Society ones are in the lead. loving pubbies, we need to upset this vote some how. If anyone has access to the steam group, make a broadcast that we need goons to poo poo on another pubbie parade.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Voted for Easy Living. All the ones in the women's clothing thread are boring.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Such bullshit I can't vote.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Such bullshit I can't vote.

Try sending yourself a buddy invite, and using that account for voting?

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

Len posted:

Last night we were doing our 18s and had an interesting graphical bug.

Zepho was laying down on the job the entire fight shooting bullets and fire into the air. She almost caused a wipe when I thought she was dead and got confused at how she died.

Can I ask what UI you're using?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Dry Hump posted:

Can I ask what UI you're using?

He has a couple going. All the stats in the top bar are from Vipers top bar information overload or some such (link in the second post), the team window changes are from Catagoricals Enhanced team gui (here, I prefer Five Alive myself which can be seen here). There are a couple other mods in that screen shot that are not being shown, namely the cast bar relocater, a deck manager, a dps meter and a monitor for friendly and hostile buffs. Links to those four are also in the second post.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

HughGRect posted:

He has a couple going. All the stats in the top bar are from Vipers top bar information overload or some such (link in the second post), the team window changes are from Catagoricals Enhanced team gui (here, I prefer Five Alive myself which can be seen here). There are a couple other mods in that screen shot that are not being shown, namely the cast bar relocater, a deck manager, a dps meter and a monitor for friendly and hostile buffs. Links to those four are also in the second post.

Thanks a lot, I'll check these out. Should help out quite a bit.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Zephonith posted:

Someone is doing a votefix on the camden set.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Reverend Dr posted:

Someone is doing a votefix on the camden set.

To be fair, it is the most polished art/concept, to the point where it could actually be a store thumbnail. Just a shame that it's of an outfit I don't want very much.

If this vote ends up like the Subscriber Item one, though, FC will use it to gauge interest and there might be a robe within a couple months.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So if you get something refunded from the in game store you can never buy it again on that character. What the gently caress Funcom?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I am okay with the Camden one winning, votefix or not, because that outfit is sharp as gently caress. We don't have enough outfits that exude 'I am superior to you in all important aspects' like that one, which is surprising given the Templar population majority.

I voted for the Orochi female outfit, though. It's weird, but it has appeal.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cleretic posted:

I voted for the Orochi female outfit, though. It's weird, but it has appeal.

Yeah. It's called trying to look like Geary.

Spoiler: Everyone wants to be Geary.

biteyourtongue
May 19, 2012

Cheston posted:

To be fair, it is the most polished art/concept, to the point where it could actually be a store thumbnail. Just a shame that it's of an outfit I don't want very much.

The woman who submitted it is an artist at EA/Maxis, I think? She also came up with this, which I found way more appealing. Except for maybe the weird Tali feet:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Did anyone stock pile some bags from this past event? I still need my golden dude and I am willing to either buy or trade for those solar bags.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Yeah. It's called trying to look like Geary.

Spoiler: Everyone wants to be Geary.

Fun fact: Playing Illuminati first ruins every other faction afterwards.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Brain In A Jar posted:

Fun fact: Playing Illuminati first ruins every other faction afterwards.

Not if you played in the goon cabal during launch, Lumies were the only cabal to have any drama and in came in spades. But as far as in game references, yeah Lumie mission completion texts are fantastic, character interactions are amusing and the they have some fun unique missions.

Edit: Except for that one instance in the Templar cabal when some poo poo lord renamed the cabal after himself.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 20, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

Not if you played in the goon cabal during launch, Lumies were the only cabal to have any drama and in came in spades. But as far as in game references, yeah Lumie mission completion texts are fantastic, character interactions are amusing and the they have some fun unique missions.

I played lumie in the cabal at launch but I also didn't go into Mumble or really pay attention to the offsite forums until August/September last year so I missed all that fun poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm at work for the next few hours so can anyone sign in and see what's going on with the event that just kicked off?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I'm at work for the next few hours so can anyone sign in and see what's going on with the event that just kicked off?

There is a new portal in Agartha below the Egypt path that is covered in filth, and a side mission that can be completed right there with a few pure metal. Does give some of the new third age currency though which can be spent at a custodian between the portals to NY and London in Agartha. You can only do the side mission once, but you can complete the steps after that will turn 1 pure metal into 5 little tokens.

Looking in the game files, it appears that there will be similar tasks for all four of the pure materials. Only the pure metal one is available right now.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 20, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

There is a new portal in Agartha below the Egypt path that is covered in filth, and a side mission that can be completed right there with a few pure metal. Does give some of the new third age currency though which can be spent at a custodian between the portals to NY and London in Agartha. You can only do the side mission once, but you can complete the steps after that will turn 1 pure metal into 5 little tokens.

Looking in the game files, it appears that there will be similar tasks for all four of the pure materials. Only the pure metal one is available right now.

I stopped collecting pure materials long ago and I've only got a couple hundred of each. They really want me to get back to grinding don't they? Assholes.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I stopped collecting pure materials long ago and I've only got a couple hundred of each. They really want me to get back to grinding don't they? Assholes.

There wont be much time for farming for pure metals, three hours after the event started and its giving the impression that the quota is over half filled. I expect we will see other ways to achieve these coin things.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Yo I posted my application on the offsite. thanks

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Currently-available items of note (i.e. things that aren't turtlenecks or military pants) are a new kind of Automoton pet that might hover, and hexagon bee pants that appear to be the first part of an outfit. You can't get either because they both require two currencies, and you only get one from the metal thing, but to have enough of the first currency for both you'll need to convert 560 Pure Metal. The pet is the most expensive (2500 slivers vs. 300 at 1 pure metal per 5 slivers).

Nauta posted:

Yo I posted my application on the offsite. thanks

Gotcha.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Currently-available items of note (i.e. things that aren't turtlenecks or military pants) are a new kind of Automoton pet that might hover, and hexagon bee pants that appear to be the first part of an outfit. You can't get either because they both require two currencies, and you only get one from the metal thing, but to have enough of the first currency for both you'll need to convert 560 Pure Metal. The pet is the most expensive (2500 slivers vs. 300 at 1 pure metal per 5 slivers).

Gotcha.

Also of note: Black Bullion is officially Pay2Win. Someone who can read the pubbie forums see wha tthey think of being able to buy it via the event.

Edit: Just converted 320ish metal into points. Jesus they really know how to make things a long dragout process don't they?

Len fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 20, 2013

RhandomAccess
Oct 26, 2010

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody.
Does anyone know if a trial key will work with my beta account? I played a bit when it was buggy closed beta and we all dressed the same. Was wondering what it was like now. If anyone has a trial invite, I'd appreciate it.

Citizen Kane 13
Apr 2, 2011

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Would you like to know more?
^^^^^

Not sure if a trial key will work with a beta account, but doesn't hurt to try:

KYMMXTNJ5CSH6L7HWGQ4

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RhandomAccess posted:

Does anyone know if a trial key will work with my beta account? I played a bit when it was buggy closed beta and we all dressed the same. Was wondering what it was like now. If anyone has a trial invite, I'd appreciate it.

It's buggy and we all dress the same.

Horse supremacy.

RhandomAccess
Oct 26, 2010

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody.
Thanks for the key, it appears to work.
I guess I won't be able to fit in as I missed the horse head, I did however apply over at the forum so that I can join up and be berated amongst my betters. I can't wait

RhandomAccess fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 20, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

RhandomAccess posted:

Thanks for the key, it appears to work.
I guess I won't be able to fit in as I missed the horse head, I did however apply over at the forum so that I can join up and be berated amongst my betters. I can't wait

There's a unicorn head in the shop. It gets the job done.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Pro Tip for anyone getting ready to dump pure metal's into the event, keep a bunch for the next steps.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Cheston posted:

Gotcha.

Also turtleneck shirts, for the high-class hipster in all of us.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

Also tactileneck shirts, for the secret agent in all of us.

Fixed that for you.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

HughGRect posted:

Pro Tip for anyone getting ready to dump pure metal's into the event, keep a bunch for the next steps.

Any idea how much?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

guppy posted:

Any idea how much?

Less than today, but potentially several days, so... maybe 200, 300 to be safe.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Hmm. I'm not 100% sure I care about any of the things being sold for this currency.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Len posted:

Fixed that for you.

Archer would be proud.

Am I right in assuming that this part of the event is likely the easiest one to get basic event cash in? Seems like you can get several hundred third age silver in a minute if you have a stockpile of metal saved up.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
My thanks to HughGRect for the help. He's as generous as he is handsome.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
So I'm running around Savage Coast with QL6 blue weapon and QL3 green taismans and feel woefully underpowered what am I doing wrong here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mango sentinel posted:

So I'm running around Savage Coast with QL6 blue weapon and QL3 green taismans and feel woefully underpowered what am I doing wrong here?

Minmaxing by running straight to a QL6 blue (from the Wabanaki trailer park I assume) weapon would be my guess.

• Locked thread