Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rascyc posted:

What class AF gear is that? Assuming it's AF gear anyway..

Botanist I am pretty sure. Looks like my botanist stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's Botanist. You can see all of the DoL/DoH AF by looking at the guildmasters.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lance Streetman posted:

Can't speak for them, but I find it kinda fun to just cash in a ton of silver and gold pieces at once and watch my gil count just soar.

E: There's a second image, no idea why it isn't showing up. Here.

Haha, I'm an idiot. Just realized that shop window shows my gil count and I didn't need to just paste it in there.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 22, 2013

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
It's also worth noting that crafted AF can be dyed, unlike job AF.

edit: Is there a significant difference in the drop rate between East Shroud boars and Urth's Gift boars, or W. Than toads vs. Nixes? Goats are great since you can just murder them between FATE pops, but the other LW skins... not so much.

Francis fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 22, 2013

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Schubalts posted:

Oh, and fleece is another giant bottleneck, but at least linen leves can carry you through to 50.

So that's why there's a bunch of 50s farming the quest sheep south of Dragonhold or whatever. That made that quest much more painful than it should be.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Francis posted:

It's also worth noting that crafted AF can be dyed, unlike job AF.

edit: Is there a significant difference in the drop rate between East Shroud boars and Urth's Gift boars, or W. Than toads vs. Nixes? Goats are great since you can just murder them between FATE pops, but the other LW skins... not so much.

I don't think so. I basically monopolized the West Than toads on my level 22 Lancer and just ground a level and a half farming them to get a ton of the skins.

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
Was pvp ever tested during beta? I know its not really a PvP game, I don't have high hopes but I'm more curious than anything how it was.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
I love it when this poo poo happens:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Hurp Durp Master posted:

Was pvp ever tested during beta? I know its not really a PvP game, I don't have high hopes but I'm more curious than anything how it was.

It was tested, but just to get information about latency and such between players. It used PvE skills with strong assertions that they are completely redoing them when PvP is properly released.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

:catstare:!!!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Summoners Horn acquired, rocks socks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Eej posted:

So that's why there's a bunch of 50s farming the quest sheep south of Dragonhold or whatever. That made that quest much more painful than it should be.

Yuuup. There's quite a few threads on the official forums about the diremite web and fleece bottleneck. Some servers even have people using the teleport hacks/bots to instantly claim everything as it spawns, to monopolize the market (they're probably all gil-sellers). One poster even said a guy was there for 72 hours straight, going by reports from his company-mates in the area.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Are there any Black Mage players on controller here, and if so, how do you arrange your hotbar? Black Mage has absolutely no skills that you can straight up ignore, so I'm having difficulty figuring out how to prioritize the 20-22 abilities at my disposal.

Current setup:

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Lalafels in heavy dark light armor look ridiculous.

Gorelab fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 22, 2013

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

quote:

-- following wipe #5 on story titan --
[8:38 p.m.](Shiria Zelen) this poo poo is so gay i jsut want to continue story
[8:38 p.m.](Ciaphas Abel) shiria, why are you not using regen
[8:38 p.m.](Ciaphas Abel) you should have it by now, it is stupid good
[8:38 p.m.](Shiria Zelen) havent done the quest for it
[8:38 p.m.](Shiria Zelen) its the 35 whtmage quest
[8:38 p.m.](Ciaphas Abel) and you're 36
[8:39 p.m.]Titan: Sons of man! Murderers of my children!
[8:39 p.m.](Shiria Zelen) yeah and i jsut said i havent done it yet
[8:39 p.m.](Shiria Zelen) sorta like this is the 34 story quest
[8:39 p.m.](Shiria Zelen) and im 36

Maybe I'm just being stupid but how does that logic stand up? :cripes:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Schubalts posted:

Yuuup. There's quite a few threads on the official forums about the diremite web and fleece bottleneck. Some servers even have people using the teleport hacks/bots to instantly claim everything as it spawns, to monopolize the market (they're probably all gil-sellers). One poster even said a guy was there for 72 hours straight, going by reports from his company-mates in the area.

I outclaim the warpbots on my MNK all the time :smugdog:

Sometimes I wait a second to make sure they warp in before I claim. I know it doesn't really do jack poo poo, but I get a smug satisfaction out of messing with the gilsellers.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

It's a level 34 fight, so you shouldn't need a level 35 spell to succeed at it. That part checks out.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I was just running up the ramp to get out of Drybone, thinking "man this is kind of a pain in the rear end", when suddenly I had a flashback to 1.0. Every camp was just that - a camp, with an Aethercyte crystal, a levemete, and a few NPCs.

The fact that different locations actually look different is so cool. S-E did such an awesome job with the relaunch (early server issues notwithstanding), I kind of wish new people had the opportunity to check out 1.0 just to make the comparison.

Now, if only they could get server transfers up....

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Tanking giant boss FATEs are pretty cool. Wish I got a screenshot of that literal giant lvl41 fate in highlands, the one surrounded by player corpses.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Francis posted:

It's a level 34 fight, so you shouldn't need a level 35 spell to succeed at it. That part checks out.

Yeah, you barely need to even heal during it to be honest. There's like one damaging attack he does to the tank, and one he does to everyone. Everything else is just dodging stuff, and if you don't dodge it, you probably failed, or need to cast an extra cure.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

He was pretty awful as a whole, to be honest, I just wanted to cherry pick some really odd-seeming logic :v:. Every wipe was a lack of healing, 'cept one where a clear lagout got the tank knocked off somehow. (I was BLM, and I tried to help, but Physick can only go so far, drat it)

It does make me want to level CNJ a little bit, just to see how hard it could really be, but wow I can't think of anything less appealing than casting Stone forever when solo.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Maybe I'm just being stupid but how does that logic stand up? :cripes:

To be fair, class quests can seem kind of out-of-the-way sometimes. :effort:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Lizard Wizard posted:

To be fair, class quests can seem kind of out-of-the-way sometimes. :effort:
If only there were a way to teleport around the world...

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

He was pretty awful as a whole, to be honest, I just wanted to cherry pick some really odd-seeming logic :v:. Every wipe was a lack of healing, 'cept one where a clear lagout got the tank knocked off somehow. (I was BLM, and I tried to help, but Physick can only go so far, drat it)

It does make me want to level CNJ a little bit, just to see how hard it could really be, but wow I can't think of anything less appealing than casting Stone forever when solo.

In some fights? It can be incredibly tough. In baby titan? Pfff. If anyone really screws up they're killed anyway, everything else is spothealing and cleaning up after the AOEs. Its pretty painless, assuming you don't get punched in the face. In the hard mode primals the healer has their work cut out, but all the story stuff is cake and all about positioning.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

The first 15 levels pretty much suck if you do them just by grinding or hunting log, which is why it can be handy to do them in a city where you still have remaining newbie quests to do (or better yet, start as a CNJ so you get story quests too).

After level 15 you can dungeonspam your heart out, or (even before level 15) you can FATEspam. And like every other class, you have the option of throwing Flash on your hotbar (with the minimal effort of taking GLD to 8 to unlock that) for easy gold in any of the common "kill a bunch of mobs" FATEs, since their contribution seems based off enmity generated. ("Kill one particularly strong mob" FATEs seem to play by different rules: I have a hard time getting gold in those except when in a party, at which point it's super trivial. And turn-in FATEs are, of course, based on turn-ins.)

Obviously you want to be somewhat cautious in your use so your squishy CNJ self doesn't get killed, but provided there are a ton of people around and things are dying super fast, the downside is basically negated. If you're in a party, you can accomplish the same (and, ya know, be slightly more useful) with Medica/Medica 2 spam provided it's hitting people who themselves have enmity.

Basically if you're levelling your CNJ solely by killing things, you're "doing it wrong". Get into dungeon parties. Get into FATE parties. Run around flashing stuff in FATEs solo. Get experience from quests (granted, this will involve killing things, so you'll be bored) if it's your first job.

This all changes when you get Holy, of course. After that point you're murder incarnate to groups of mobs. :black101:

P.S. Hello to other Balmung goons, I see you cropping up from time to time.

Chara
Apr 24, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Sometimes you cast Stone 2. :smith:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I can dodge HM Titan like muscle memory now, one inch outside aoe :cripes:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Leal posted:

Well that blows, what is the point of using m+kb then?

There's no point to a mouse at all on PS3, so not sure what you're asking. kb/mouse is for PC.

Hokuto posted:

I had an experience in Wanderer's Palace with a tank like this.

I went forward a bit and pulled a Tonberry with Scathe that was mingled with a separate pack, just trying to be helpful in getting easier separate pulls.

If you didn't work that out with the tank ahead of time, you're kind of a dick. Don't just assume you should pull separately; talk ahead of time :)

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

Valle posted:

I love it when this poo poo happens:

I agree!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Everybody's a winner. :toot:

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!
Is there a way to speed mining up with an in-game macro or something? I need shards and having to click it every single time is getting kind of old :(

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Aladar posted:

Is there a way to speed mining up with an in-game macro or something? I need shards and having to click it every single time is getting kind of old :(

Using a controller helps a lot since you can just walk up to the node and mash the A button till done.

nem-x
Dec 11, 2004

A deaf-mute

You can also mash 0 on the numpad, but a controller is the way to go.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Aladar posted:

There's no way to gather without looking at the screen like you can with crafting, if that's what you're really asking.

Short of actual botting anyway. Somehow I don't think S-E's CS is really on the ball enough to ban you, at least for another month or so.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Aladar posted:

Is there a way to speed mining up

Drink.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

Sendo posted:

Using a controller helps a lot since you can just walk up to the node and mash the A button till done.

This actually does help, I mostly use KBM but using a controller for something like this sounds a lot better.

Francis posted:

There's no way to gather without looking at the screen like you can with crafting, if that's what you're really asking.

Short of actual botting anyway. Somehow I don't think S-E's CS is really on the ball enough to ban you, at least for another month or so.

I meant like something akin to an in-game crafting macro :shobon: I just didn't want to click a billion times on Lightning Shard before my character finally decided to mine one. I really don't want to bot it for a couple reasons.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
So am I the only one who finds it weird seeing Carbuncles in Coerthas? Wouldn't people have done their summoner class quests by the time they got to Coerthas? Or am I just weird and missing something?

Also, I love how hectic and chaotic some boss FATEs get, though my framerate does not.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
This game has the best facial expressions for your silent protagonist.

:geno:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Lance Streetman posted:

So am I the only one who finds it weird seeing Carbuncles in Coerthas? Wouldn't people have done their summoner class quests by the time they got to Coerthas? Or am I just weird and missing something?

Also, I love how hectic and chaotic some boss FATEs get, though my framerate does not.

Don't jobs further limit the number of cross class abilities you can use? Maybe they need heals or something for soloing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Sankis posted:

Don't jobs further limit the number of cross class abilities you can use? Maybe they need heals or something for soloing.

Summoners can't use Conjurer spells, but they have their own versions of raise and cure. I don't know what other spells you'd really need to cross-class without just going full scholar. But maybe I'm wrong, I stopped leveling conjurer at 8.

• Locked thread