Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Gangringo posted:

Now that reseting is a major part of the game I'd like to see an opposite neverclick achievement, an achievement for making some quantity of cookies without buying a single building.

"All Mine - Buy a Mine as your first building."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I bake the cookies, man. I roll the dough. The game is mine. I buy the grandmas.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nielsm posted:

"All Mine - Buy a Mine as your first building."

If I sell a mine right now I will make back 400x the amount of cookies all my mines have ever made

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Requested_Username posted:

If I sell a mine right now I will make back 400x the amount of cookies all my mines have ever made

That's not true since they have synergy with your clickers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Nanomashoes posted:

I bake the cookies, man. I roll the dough. The game is mine. I buy the grandmas.

"The filthy little thing. It thinks it owns us."

-grandma

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The best achievement is for selling a grandma

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Jibo posted:

If you're going to use the golden cookie timer you may as well go whole hog and use the golden cookie script.

Okay sure what's the link

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Miracon posted:

Okay sure what's the link

SilverSliver posted:

bef gave this: setInterval(function() {if(Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)Game.goldenCookie.click();}, 100); and it works fine for me. Auto clicks golden and red cookies.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Godmother of poo poo. I just tried returning to the game and now it won't load - it's throwing a mostly empty page with an error at me.

Did I gently caress something up?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Someone mentioned golden cookie clicks don't get reset when you reset to get more Heavenly Chips, is that true? I can't find anything confirming it.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Yes, that's true.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Someone mentioned golden cookie clicks don't get reset when you reset to get more Heavenly Chips, is that true? I can't find anything confirming it.

That is correct. That was actually changed last patch so it's still under the updates tab if you want a second opinion.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LAY-ZX posted:

That is correct. That was actually changed last patch so it's still under the updates tab if you want a second opinion.

:doh:

Welp, that'll teach me to read I guess.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What exactly do angry cthulu grandmas do if unappeased? Anything besides sometimes spawn red cookies?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

What exactly do angry cthulu grandmas do if unappeased? Anything besides sometimes spawn red cookies?

Just red cookies. The 'awoken,' 'displeased,' and 'angered' description is just the % chance for red cookies (33, 66, and 100%, respectively).

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

How does the EV of Red Cookies compare to the EV of Golden Cookies? I've been holding off on researching One Mind because I don't want to Grandmapocalypse, but are Red Cookies going to give me more cookies on average? And if not, why do people even go for the Grandmapocalypse at all?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Completing the research gives you a fairly significant boost to cps which more than offsets the cost of Elder Pledges needed to prevent wrath cookies. The grandmapocalypse really only hurts people who use auto golden clickers and then go do something else.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
You get something like a 12% boost off the upgrades from research anyway, so even if you get Elder covenant, you'll still be coming out ahead.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Nice Davis posted:

How does the EV of Red Cookies compare to the EV of Golden Cookies? I've been holding off on researching One Mind because I don't want to Grandmapocalypse, but are Red Cookies going to give me more cookies on average? And if not, why do people even go for the Grandmapocalypse at all?

If you have Get Lucky and are clicking the gold cookies regularly (or autoclicking) they're much, much better than red cookies since you get can frenzy+lucky combos, which isn't possible with elder frenzy. I don't remember exactly how they stack up without Get Lucky, though. As I recall, they're worse but still a net gain. Someone did the % bonus of clicking every gold/red cookie earlier in the thread, and I want to say that red cookies were something like a 200% compared to gold's 400% and frenzy/lucky was like 2000%?

You start the apocalypse because the grandma boosts and the % bonuses between them, and because the cost of elder pledges is marginal compared to how much you expect to get out of 30-60 minutes of gold cookies. Red cookies are a downside in that they're less efficient than gold cookies, but it's not a real downside like they were in classic cookie clicker.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm missing four achievements, and I only have 52 chips. I think this round I'm going to get the full 200/200/100/etc before I reset again. I reset the first time at 1 quad, but I thought I'd get at least 100 chips out of it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

You get something like a 12% boost off the upgrades from research anyway, so even if you get Elder covenant, you'll still be coming out ahead.

Not to mention the Achievements and subsequent milk bonus

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

OK these are all useful answers but I'm still scared of the creepy pictures :ohdear:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

"The filthy little thing. It thinks it owns us."

-grandma

"It thought it could get rid of us by selling us. How quaint."

-grandma

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I don't understand why farms, factories, mines, and eventually even shipments become utterly useless. Why aren't there more upgrades for them?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

There will be. Orteil has promised eventual full updates akin to the Grandmapocalypse for all the low level buildings. He says he wants every building to have a little mini-game.

Keep in mind this game is like 2-3 months old, tops.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Also they all benefit from the cursor upgrades that add more cps for every building, so there's a certain minimum value to any building that's not that low.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
Farms have 20. When fully upgraded. They're pretty much a waste of everyone's time.

In their favor, they're cheap to buy and will boost your cursors, and you should get at least 15 to get Farmer Grandmas. You should get no more than 100 because you have better things to spend your cookies on.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Infinity Gaia posted:

There will be. Orteil has promised eventual full updates akin to the Grandmapocalypse for all the low level buildings. He says he wants every building to have a little mini-game.

Keep in mind this game is like 2-3 months old, tops.

I believe it began in early August right? So not even two months.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Theta squad brought me into this game, and I'm up to 157,000 cookies per second after an hour and a half. Are farms seriously this worthless and are grandmas this badass?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Ok, I have all the achievements.

...now what do I do? :ohdear:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Reset and watch numbers go up more.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Ramengank posted:

Farms have 20. When fully upgraded. They're pretty much a waste of everyone's time.

In their favor, they're cheap to buy and will boost your cursors, and you should get at least 15 to get Farmer Grandmas. You should get no more than 100 because you have better things to spend your cookies on.

Why not? I've got 145, sometimes they become the most cost-effective option. I mean, at this point I make a lot more cookies off of golden combos than anything else, but my golden cookies are influenced by my CPS.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

curiousCat posted:

Bake some cookies. Then hire grandmas to help you bake cookies.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

curiousCat posted:

Prestige and wait for updates?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ramengank posted:

128, actually, for the Mathematician achievement. (I ended up selling back the extra 28, despite it being a net loss.)

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, the game just started in Aug and he has been working on dungeons for the past while so once that's done we will probably start to see content for the mid tier facilities come out a bit after that.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dungeons ARE content for mid-tier facilities. The first one is for factories, he's said mines, portals, and time machines will probably get dungeons as well, and tentatively said that farms would have a plant breeding minigame while shipments get Galaga.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

curiousCat posted:

Click the cookie.

Then click it again.

Got it? Now click it one more time.

Never stop clicking. The grandmas demand clicks. You will click the cookie.

CLICK THE loving COOKIE YOU HUMAN FILTH.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Kheldragar posted:

Theta squad brought me into this game, and I'm up to 157,000 cookies per second after an hour and a half. Are farms seriously this worthless and are grandmas this badass?

They are. The grandmas only get better. Just keep upgrading them. :getin:

W.T. Fits posted:

128, actually, for the Mathematician achievement. (I ended up selling back the extra 28, despite it being a net loss.)

Urf, you're right. I just don't think they're worth the extra expenditure past the achievement requirements, since other buildings (like grandmas) will just be much better at making cookies all the time for the cost. After you have all the upgrades and achievements it's fine to go wild and buy whatever buildings you can for more sweet, sweet CpS.

But then again I'm not exactly good at this game. And if it's true that other buildings will be getting 'grandma-like' upgrades then that is pretty awesome.

EDIT: OH RIGHT DUNGEONS. I'm actually super pumped for them. I wonder if we'll be able to take our current saves into them when that update is released. Probably not.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Kheldragar posted:

If you bring the same obsessive compulsive personality to this game that you do to your posting (and I have no doubts that you will), you will do fine at this game. Probably better than most others. Addiction is a powerful thing.

• Locked thread