Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Slim Pickens posted:

Saw this on the street today. I love seeing old two-strokes on the road.

Beik sex. I have never seen one, let alone a daily rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Zool posted:

I thought all the NSR models were street legal.(In countries they passed emissions in)

"Emissions? Yeah, I've got some of those!" :v:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

slidebite posted:

Worth noting it also appears to have forks off a 636 or similar, the nsr never came with USD + radial calipers.

edit: let alone an mc18 like that appears to be. I had one of those!

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 21, 2013

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

slidebite posted:

There's a guy that came to my shop who has SEVERAL NSR 50's and 250's. A couple have never even had gas in them. Most of them have titles and plates.
No idea how, but the man is a DMV genius.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
that rear wheel camber

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

That's what I see when I look at it. :3:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So apparently MkV VW Golfs have an oil cooler that's Ready To Race?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

I have no idea why he doesn't turn.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
apparently nobody taught that guy how to properly jump a ktm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdr03h0gtUU

(3:14 for the jump)

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 23, 2013

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Zool posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of target fixation.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Zool posted:

Sadly, if he hadn't tried to get off he might have landed the jump.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I think the story was that the throttle stuck open, I think on the HD video you can see him trying to close it frantically.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

I think the story was that the throttle stuck open, I think on the HD video you can see him trying to close it frantically.

If only there was a lever that he could pull to disengage the engine from the transmission...

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
If there was only a lever on the other handle that controlled how much engine power is put on the ground.

Not that I can talk, when I was 12 or 13 I was goin' super fast (to me at the time) on some old Honda 125 dirt-bike. My thinking ability slowed down because I was heading for the edge of a highway overpass near the dirt area we were riding in.

So I did the thing that sounded best—closing my eyes and grabbing the front brake as hard as possible. I had a bruise on my leg for months from the bike landing on me, oops.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm always shocked that both he/she and the bike missed all the trees

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Legdiian posted:

If only there was a lever that he could pull to disengage the engine from the transmission...

Or a "switch" to, as it were, "kill" the spark to an engine.

If only...

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 23, 2013

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

ReelBigLizard posted:

Apparently it was an almost falling off, accidental full throttle situation.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Seen in the parking lot today:

Bros before hos.

My friend's stunt bike from a few weeks ago:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

Saw this on the street today. I love seeingsmelling old two-strokes on the road.

I came up behind an RZ350 at a stoplight the other day. I smelled it long before I could figure out what kind of two-stroke it was.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Backov posted:

Sadly, if he hadn't tried to get off he might have landed the jump.
If that happened, the suspension would've bottomed out when he landed and probably would've ended up being thrown off anyway. :v:

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Odette posted:

If that happened, the suspension would've bottomed out when he landed and probably would've ended up being thrown off anyway. :v:

Don't destroy my sweet dirt bike jump fantasies, bro.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Odette posted:

Not to mention it looks like the bike made it to the road, he didn't because he fell off on the ramp.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
So, Ducati...

http://motocorsa.com/featured/ducati-1199-panigale-desktop-wallpapers-manigale

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ahahaha that's great! Now who can I share these with without them 'wondering' about me...

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Welp, stopped by the bike shop the other day to price some gorilla mits for the upcoming winter and took a few snaps:

Suzuki Street Magic II:

A lil Honda:

And down the street, the safest sidecar:

The rest of the stuff in the shop was mostly American-owned bikes in various states of dis-repair. They had a 4-wheeler modified into a Gator with plywood and plexiglass but I didn't get a pic because they were using it to haul parts/tires from their offsite storage and back. Next time!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nullscan posted:

Welp, stopped by the bike shop the other day to price some gorilla mits for the upcoming winter and took a few snaps:

Suzuki Street Magic II:

:staredog:

I had to look this up. Its like Suzuki made a Grom, but did it better than honda did.

Holy poo poo. Why, whyyyyyyyyyyyy dont we get that stuff in the states??

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Why is it better?

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011
I have one of those, but it's called a TW200 and the exhaust does not get torn free when I ride over a fallen log. I'll take a Grom.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ziploc posted:

Why is it better?

Because it's called the "Street Magic II" and not "Grom".

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Gweenz posted:

I have one of those, but it's called a TW200 and the exhaust does not get torn free when I ride over a fallen log. I'll take a Grom.

Ditto, but I'll keep the TW200.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

Because it's called the "Street Magic II" and not "Grom".

This.

Also the grom/street magic arent really comparable to the TW, as they arent really designed to be off-road bikes. You'll mess up a grom if you take it over a log as well.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
I know you guys love Groms and all but here is a video of a liter bike. I hadn't ridden a sports bike of any sort in almost half a decade much less 1000cc CBR. N8r was nice enough to let me ride this even after I crashed his other bike. I had forgotten how fun these kinds of bikes can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QkhE-VD7hc&hd=1 Click here if you need to sleep or want to stare the inside of my windshield while I do stupid speeds through some fields.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Gweenz posted:

I can see that but where would you be riding a Street Magic II over logs?

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

One of these is for sale at my local dealership, but I've been unable to convince my brother to buy it so far :(
1990 BMW K1

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Legdiian posted:

Dani Pedrosa, one of the best motorcycle riders in the world, crashed his bike and messed up his shoulder when his throttle stuck open. Pulling the clutch is the obvious right answer but I have a hard time making GBS threads on someone who can't figure it out one second after the huge shock of his motorcycle behaving completely differently than it has any other time ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9vgP4xRUUw&t=38s

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This.

Also the grom/street magic arent really comparable to the TW, as they arent really designed to be off-road bikes. You'll mess up a grom if you take it over a log as well.

For sure, but more than a few people are going to look at the tires and the front fender and think "on/offroad". From there you are inevitably led to a trail that has a log running across it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Dani Pedrosa, one of the best motorcycle riders in the world, crashed his bike and messed up his shoulder when his throttle stuck open. Pulling the clutch is the obvious right answer but I have a hard time making GBS threads on someone who can't figure it out one second after the huge shock of his motorcycle behaving completely differently than it has any other time ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9vgP4xRUUw&t=38s

poo poo happens a lot faster at 100mph+ on a 240HP MotoGP bike than it does on even a 50HP dirtbike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Hell, even when poo poo's unfolding slowly to an observer, it's all happening at once to the rider.